All Things Henry Ellenson Thread

@ISURecruitLists: #Gophers head coach Tubby Smith will watch 2014 Rashad Vaughn tonight & 2015 Henry Ellenson tomorrow per @DarrenWolfson

Go Gophers!!

Why give @ISURecrutList any credit?

@ISURecruitLists: #Gophers head coach Tubby Smith will watch 2014 Rashad Vaughn tonight & 2015 Henry Ellenson tomorrow per @DarrenWolfson

Go Gophers!!

Darren Wolfson ‏@DarrenWolfson
Tubby will be busy recruiting the next 2 days. Tonight he'll see R. Vaughn. Tomorrow he'll see Henry Ellenson, etc. in Prior Lake.

KSTP had a little feature on Henry last night. I cannot find the link on their web-site tho-- can anyone help? It didn't really say anything new but he came off like a pretty good kid in it.

KSTP had a little feature on Henry last night. I cannot find the link on their web-site tho-- can anyone help? It didn't really say anything new but he came off like a pretty good kid in it.

Here is the story - nicely done:

http://kstp.com/article/stories/s2922552.shtml?cat=7

"My game is... I'm always trying to attack," Henry says. "(Wally's) game... he can play above the rim all the time. I don't have that bounce like he does, but I can still hit the three and do things that he cant - like post up because he doesn't have the size like I do."

Scary part is - just a sophomore - Henry may still be growing.

"I was 6'7 last year and now i'm 6-9," Henry says. "Last year I wasn't able to pound kids in the paint like I get to now."

Go Gophers!!

From the Lacrosse Tribune twitter:

"Minnesota assistant Ron Jirsa was at Central tonight watching Rice Lake's Henry Ellenson, who had 24 pts, 11 rbs and four blocks"

Henry and his Rice Lake squad will now face Matt Thomas and Onalaska on Thursday night.

Mark Miller of Wisc Basketball Yearbook is considering ranking Henry number one 2015 Wisc. Ahead of ESPN number 2 Nationally Diamond Stone

Mark Miller of Wisc Basketball Yearbook is considering ranking Henry number one 2015 Wisc. Ahead of ESPN number 2 Nationally Diamond Stone

Where did Mark mention that? Not that it's unreasonable, but I had not seen it anywhere.

Wont happen, Stone will remain #1. TheBuckyGopher!!!!!!! has insight on this matter.

@isurecruitlists: Marquette head coach Buzz Williams is watching 2015 Henry Ellenson (Rice Lake, WI) practice today.

Go Gophers!!

@isurecruitlists: Marquette head coach Buzz Williams is watching 2015 Henry Ellenson (Rice Lake, WI) practice today.

Go Gophers!!

Per his father's twitter, Henry also spoke to Bo Ryan today.

Henry Ellenson named Big Rivers Player of Year

"I'm going to wait," said Ellenson this week concerning the big decision in his future. He could join his brother in Minnesota-Coach Tubby Smith has been to Rice Lake to watch Henry-follow his father, John, who played at both Wisconsin and Marquette, or take a different path altogether.

"Henry is a great kid to coach. He's unselfish and an unbelievable teammate," said Warriors head coach Kevin Orr.

http://www.ricelakeonline.com/main.asp?SectionID=11&SubSectionID=212&ArticleID=25513

Go Gophers!!

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

The Grinch is also there.

Chris Monter ‏@collegebbnews 21s
Wisconsin head coach Bo Ryan and assistant Greg Gard Are watching Henry Ellenson as is new Minnesota assistant Ben Johnson.

Johnson watching Ellenson again this morning:

@collegebbnews: New #Gophers assistant Ben Johnson is watching Rice Lake sophomore Henry Ellenson of Rice Lake who plays for Minnesota D1

Go Gophers!!

@gopherhole: New #Gophers assistant @CoachBenJohnson has been at every game that @Hjellenson has played this weekend.

Go Gophers!!

@jerrymeyer247: Henry Ellenson looks like the best outside shooter of the bigs. Has lost weight as well.

Go Gophers!!

Henry has moved onto the final 16... they'll cut it down to 12 (likely tomorrow) for the final roster.

Ames Tribune: Catching up with Henry Ellenson

Ellenson, ranked 41st nationally in his class by Rivals, said he’s been hearing the most recently from Michigan State, Indiana, Oregon and Arizona State.

Also under consideration is Iowa State, which has had an offer out Ellenson for quite some time.

“They like my game, how I run the floor,” said Ellenson of ISU, “and they said if I come there they can really improve me and get me to the next level.”

http://amestrib.com/blog/hines-on-hoops/catching-henry-ellenson.html

Go Gophers!!

Ames Tribune: Catching up with Henry Ellenson

Ellenson, ranked 41st nationally in his class by Rivals, said he’s been hearing the most recently from Michigan State, Indiana, Oregon and Arizona State.

Also under consideration is Iowa State, which has had an offer out Ellenson for quite some time.

“They like my game, how I run the floor,” said Ellenson of ISU, “and they said if I come there they can really improve me and get me to the next level.”

http://amestrib.com/blog/hines-on-hoops/catching-henry-ellenson.html

Go Gophers!!

Wonder why he didn't mention Minnesota?

Top Bottom