All Things Henry Ellenson Thread

We aren't going to get Henry. Can't imagine the family is happy that Wally is stuck on the bench, even though it's warranted given the quality of minutes he's given us.

Henry has to know his is by far better than his brothers, he would be delusional to think his Wally has earned more playing time.

Henry has to know his is by far better than his brothers, he would be delusional to think his Wally has earned more playing time.

Obviously, but why would he want to play on a team where he is a star and his brother is a bench warmer? It would be easier to just play on a separate team. Plus there are numerous other indications like the father leaking the story etc.

per Shooter:

Insiders say the Gophers no longer are in the hunt for Henry Ellenson, the 6-foot-10, 245-pound junior basketball star from Rice Lake, (Wis.), who is the brother of Gophers sophomore guard Wally Ellenson.

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_24994020/charley-walters-twins-owner-jim-pohlad-optimistic-about

Go Gophers!!

Wally probably transfers or maybe he quits Basketball all together and focuses on High Jump? I think his girlfriend goes here so he might want to stay but who knows. Now the staff can give Illikainen even more attention.

If Henry Ellenson is no longer considering the Gophers because of his brother's playing time so be it. Anyone who has watched Wally play in the past 2 years can see he is not a B1G quality player.

If Henry Ellenson is no longer considering the Gophers because of his brother's playing time so be it. Anyone who has watched Wally play in the past 2 years can see he is not a B1G quality player.

I thought it was interesting to see Wally get the ball spiked into the top of his head from behind on about half his 3 point attempts and then come here to see people salivate over his "potential."

per Shooter:

Insiders say the Gophers no longer are in the hunt for Henry Ellenson, the 6-foot-10, 245-pound junior basketball star from Rice Lake, (Wis.), who is the brother of Gophers sophomore guard Wally Ellenson.

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_24994020/charley-walters-twins-owner-jim-pohlad-optimistic-about

Go Gophers!!

This confirms what's been put out in the media. It's been clear for months that Ellenson was never coming here. I expect him to go to Wisconsin.

Wally is very athletic.

Wally is an elite high jumper. Anyone that can garner All-America honors as a true freshman in anything is very, very good at it. But I wouldn't call him a great athlete in terms of basketball. He can jump really high off of one foot. Other than that, what made him athletic? Not fast, quick, or explosive off of 2 feet.

Henry, on the other hand, is not extremely athletic as far as quickness and explosiveness is concerned, but he has a ton of skills and very good feet and hand/eye for a big guy. He won't disappear at the next level. I'm not shocked that the Gophers are out of contention for him, but I'm still disappointed.

That's disappointing. Henry's tape is very impressive.

From what I hear, MSU is the front runner

Who have you heard that from? That was always the team I thought he would go to if they offer, but they haven't offered yet, have they? If they have and they are truly the front runner, he better act quick because they already have a commitment from one big guy and are the favorite for another.

Who have you heard that from? That was always the team I thought he would go to if they offer, but they haven't offered yet, have they? If they have and they are truly the front runner, he better act quick because they already have a commitment from one big guy and are the favorite for another.

I haven't heard it from him or his family directly or anything, and honestly I don't know the kid, but I'm still young enough where I'm still connected to the local basketball scene(though its getting to the point where its starting to get weird, starting to feel like uncle drew), but from the players from the local scene, most seem to think he really wants to go to msu, but I heard that back in fall, I don't know where he stands now exactly or who has offered him, I just got the feeling he had little interest in us, so I lost interest in him, and didn't care to try get further info regarding his recruiting, besides those kids frown upon when "get up on all their business"

This is correct. Word is Izzo will be in RL on Monday.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not doubting you, because like I said I've thought for a while that they would be the favorite if they offer, but how do you know this? Just curious.

I haven't heard it from him or his family directly or anything, and honestly I don't know the kid, but I'm still young enough where I'm still connected to the local basketball scene(though its getting to the point where its starting to get weird, starting to feel like uncle drew), but from the players from the local scene, most seem to think he really wants to go to msu, but I heard that back in fall, I don't know where he stands now exactly or who has offered him, I just got the feeling he had little interest in us, so I lost interest in him, and didn't care to try get further info regarding his recruiting, besides those kids frown upon when "get up on all their business"

Gotcha. I'd rather see him play for MSU than Wisconsin.

My fault, looks like MSU has offered. For some reason I was thinking they had been recruiting him but hadn't pulled the trigger on the offer yet.

In a 247 article on the WI website, Henry said he talks to Gard and Ryan after every game and that WI will be on the list to the end.

This is not surprising. And given what I've heard about the Ellensons, I am relieved we won't be adding a second one. Their parents are a little crazy and I'd just prefer we not add another 4 years of potential headaches. If we get one of Illikainen and Thomas, I'll be more than thrilled. And I think Illikainen is likely with Thomas being a wild card.

I think Ellenson is a great fit for Wisconsin's swing offense and probably a better fit for them. Given what I've seen from Henry, I like his overall game better than Alex's but it is what it is. Hope we get Alex and a good center.

My fault, looks like MSU has offered. For some reason I was thinking they had been recruiting him but hadn't pulled the trigger on the offer yet.

Izzo has been to Rice Lake at least 2 times. Pretty sure today will be a third visit. Beilein and Painter were at a game a couple of weeks ago.

Top Bottom