More rumors

Woooooo, it is sounding like the who dunnit mystery board game "13 Dead End Drive".

The passed up O-Lineman did it. No, it is the RS WR who see too much competition for starting time. Maybe. Maybe not.

:confused:

Is it the wide receiver in the library with the pipe wrench, or the O lineman in the conservatory with the candle stick? Do tell!

McKinzy was viewed as the one leaving by recent grads in attendance at the Sota Social?

Maybe the rumors are a way to get subscribers on 247.

The rumor started on Gopher Illustrated. It was brought up on 247 because of the post on GI. There were a number of people who thought Smith was leaving, but apparently the source leaking the info was mistaken.

I scried a pile of chicken bones and entrails, then shook my magic 8 ball, to see what they would portent... The player leaving the program is, in fact, the backup kicker!... In a fit of rage, over Santoso securing the job for three more years, lashed out at an stunned, yet vigilant, Santoso. The starter quickly dispatched the backup, by kicking him square in the are. So he is literally leaving the program and is currently flying over Idaho, from reports of the civil air patrol.

The rumor started on Gopher Illustrated. It was brought up on 247 because of the post on GI. There were a number of people who thought Smith was leaving, but apparently the source leaking the info was mistaken.

This raises questions about how 24/7 and GI "confirm" these rumors.

I feel like a sucker for buying into the rumors, but is this the list from which the alleged transfer would come?

Smith, R
Gibson
Gentry
Holland
Williams, E
Weyler
Kafo
Rasmussen
Krizancic
Jones, J
McKinzy

Did I miss anyone or anyone the on the list not belong?

This raises questions about how 24/7 and GI "confirm" these rumors.

Neither confirmed them. Burns at GI first said there may be something to the Smith rumor, but stressed that he couldn't confirm it yet. Then he came back and said it was definitely not true. 247 followed suit and also confirmed it was not true.

The funny thing is that there are posters at GI who're saying the same thing about GH because of the D Jones stolen per diem rumor and the locker room meltdown rumor. My experience is that neither the team not the GI's and 247's of the world are ever going to tell us what really happened because they want info and have to promote the party line in order to get it. Therefore, the real juicy stuff often comes from players/parents/friends of players etc. posting anonymously on the forums. Things aren't always true, but often, where there's smoke, there's fire.

Neither confirmed them. Burns at GI first said there may be something to the Smith rumor, but stressed that he couldn't confirm it yet. Then he came back and said it was definitely not true. 247 followed suit and also confirmed it was not true.

The funny thing is that there are posters at GI who're saying the same thing about GH because of the D Jones stolen per diem rumor and the locker room meltdown rumor. My experience is that neither the team not the GI's and 247's of the world are ever going to tell us what really happened because they want info and have to promote the party line in order to get it. Therefore, the real juicy stuff often comes from players/parents/friends of players etc. posting anonymously on the forums. Things aren't always true, but often, where there's smoke, there's fire.

I don't have 24/7 or GI. I am going off posters here stating that 24/7 confirmed Smith's transfer and Burns at GI was working to confirm.

I feel like a sucker for buying into the rumors, but is this the list from which the alleged transfer would come?

Smith, R
Gibson
Gentry
Holland
Williams, E
Weyler
Kafo
Rasmussen
Krizancic
Jones, J
McKinzy

Did I miss anyone or anyone the on the list not belong?

Burns confirmed that it's not Gibson, Holland or Gentry. Mr Holland posted that Melvin will be here next year as well. Cross those guys off the list.

Rodney Smith is confirmed to be here next year as well now.

Jeff Jones is officially eligible and will be here.

Everett Williams played, so he's not a red shirt.

Krizancic is thinking about transferring, but he's not the player in question.

The player is an offensive player so that eliminates Kafo.

The player is concerned that he was passed up by another Freshman on the depth chart while he red shirted and thinks he may never get his shot now.

That leaves....

- Weyler
- Rasmussen
- McKinzy

I don't have 24/7 or GI. I am going off posters here stating that 24/7 confirmed Smith's transfer and Burns at GI was working to confirm.

I think it was DieHardGopher (?) who mistakenly said 247 had confirmed it, when in reality they had confirmed it was not true. Burns said there might be something to it, but stressed that he couldn't confirm it. Then came back and said it's not true, or at least the coaches/players were unaware of it.

Lot of people feel its McKinsy because of Perra passing him. As far as him going to Florida, obviously he would go as long as hes still a part of the program. No one has transferred as of yet.

Think Burns all but gave it away yesterday. Like everyone said one of the transfers is leaving because he was passed up on the depth chart and doesn't feel he will get a fair shot. That's clearly Roden-McKinzy, given the criteria Burns has given us in the past. Burns then flat out said Krizanic is the other guy but he is still deciding. The current disconnect is that 247 says two have already informed the staff. So either, Burns is behind, which is likely as 247 had news about the transfer 2 or 3 weeks before Burns, or 247 is assuming Krizanic is gone.

If it is Roen-McKinzie, it just goes to show you. Recruiting rankings are useful, buy not close to an exact science. He had the most impressive offer list of any QB on the roster.

I think it was DieHardGopher (?) who mistakenly said 247 had confirmed it, when in reality they had confirmed it was not true. Burns said there might be something to it, but stressed that he couldn't confirm it. Then came back and said it's not true, or at least the coaches/players were unaware of it.

I don't have a 247 account but I heard 247 initially jumped the gun at first but then later contacted Rodney's dad to find out it wasn't true.

I forgot to add one thing - Rodney's Dad said to me at the tailgate "Look at this face (pointing to his face), study this face, remember this face...you'll be seeing this face on September 3rd" - I was cracking up, I didn't know where he was going with that. It seems like he's a real disciplinarian, and Rodney is a good kid. He told me that Rodney never worries about getting in trouble with Kill, he'd be in a lot more trouble at home if he ever screwed up this opportunity.

I forgot to add one thing - Rodney's Dad said to me at the tailgate "Look at this face (pointing to his face), study this face, remember this face...you'll be seeing this face on September 3rd" - I was cracking up, I didn't know where he was going with that. It seems like he's a real disciplinarian, and Rodney is a good kid. He told me that Rodney never worries about getting in trouble with Kill, he'd be in a lot more trouble at home if he ever screwed up this opportunity.[/QUOTE

Amen ?

I forgot to add one thing - Rodney's Dad said to me at the tailgate "Look at this face (pointing to his face), study this face, remember this face...you'll be seeing this face on September 3rd" - I was cracking up, I didn't know where he was going with that. It seems like he's a real disciplinarian, and Rodney is a good kid. He told me that Rodney never worries about getting in trouble with Kill, he'd be in a lot more trouble at home if he ever screwed up this opportunity.

Mr. Smith sounds like a class act and a great parent. Unfortunately these days too many kids are coddled excessively by mommy and daddy and as a result expect everyone to kiss their sorry spoiled a$$. From the sounds of GopherLady’s post, we won’t have to worry about Rodney. It's too bad there are not more parent’s like Mr. Smith!

Go Gophers!

Thanks Nadine for a wonderful insightful and humorous post.

yeah, there was nothing to them. Rodney will be back next year.

Well there's something to them. Evidently someone is for sure transferring but his name hasn't been released yet and Krizinsic may leave but he hasn't decided yet. Youre right though, it's definitely not Smith.

If it is Roen-McKinzie, it just goes to show you. Recruiting rankings are useful, buy not close to an exact science. He had the most impressive offer list of any QB on the roster.

And he may live up to the offers! Needed more time here to develop.

Top Bottom