More rumors

247 confirming that both Dimonic Roden-McKinzy and Conner Krizanic will leave the program.

Roden-McKinzy cites a lack of fit in the offense and has enrolled at Hutchinson Junior College in Kansas. Krizanic will return home to Ohio University where he intends to play QB. Can also expect a few upperclassmen jettison the program as well.

Not huge as long as they don't write a letter about what their mom's best friend thinks of Kill and staff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

247 confirming that both Dimonic Roden-McKinzy and Conner Krizanic will leave the program.

Roden-McKinzy cites a lack of fit in the offense and has enrolled at Hutchinson Junior College in Kansas. Krizanic will return home to Ohio University where he intends to play QB. Can also expect a few upperclassmen jettison the program as well.

I wasn't impressed with Kinzy's highlights but Connor's were outstanding. I don't get what happened to him.

They throw the ball too well.

I would hope and assume that Perra will get one of the scholarships.

All bias aside, best of luck to both players. I am a gopher fan and only care about gopher football BUT I am honestly interested in DRM and want to see how he fares during his college career. Thought he had some dynamic ability to him and just want to see it on the field even though it will never happen with him in Maroon and Gold.

Per Joe C

Jerry Kill's staff has a good relationship with Rion Rhoades' staff at Hutch, so it's possible the Gophers helped arrange this with the understanding that Roden-McKinzy could get playing time and possibly return to Minnesota. Classes at Hutchinson started on Monday, and Roden-McKinzy is currently listed as a provisional student

Too much QB talent on this roster to need DRM or to play CK there. Good luck to both of them. [emoji33]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who knows if DRM would have ever been in a position to take a snap but always concerning to lose a QB recruit when we are clearly not stacked at the position.

Who knows if DRM would have ever been in a position to take a snap but always concerning to lose a QB recruit when we are clearly not stacked at the position.

This is what I don't get either. Regardless if he would have played or not, it's concerning that we SEEM to have an issue with keeping QB ' S here. Then again, maybe this is a normal amount of QB transfers for other teams too.

I'll bet you're locked in a dark closet biting your nails...

McKinzy was our 5th string QB. He was passed on the depth chart by a freshman PWO. He was going to be our 6th string QB in 3 weeks. My only question is whether we had an interest in a position change to safety for him.

This is what I don't get either. Regardless if he would have played or not, it's concerning that we SEEM to have an issue with keeping QB ' S here. Then again, maybe this is a normal amount of QB transfers for other teams too.

We have probably had more than the normal amount but it's certainly common around the country for QB's to transfer if they have fallen down the depth chart. The amount of WR's we have lost through transfers, dismissals, etc. is more concerning to me.

We have probably had more than the normal amount but it's certainly common around the country for QB's to transfer if they have fallen down the depth chart. The amount of WR's we have lost through transfers, dismissals, etc. is more concerning to me.

McDonald - drug issues
Barker - diva, personality issues
Harbison - homesick (became a D2 running back)
Jones - attitude problems
Connor K - wants to play QB

Definitely sucks that the WRs have left and it has killed our depth and growth there but each situation is somewhat unique.

It sounds like Connor is transferring back to Ohio so that he can play QB again, an opportunity he wasn't going to get here. Additionally, every time Coach Kill brought up the outstanding Freshman WR talent, he always seemed to mention Gentry, Holland Jr and Gant, so from my perspective Connor was the 4th WR in his class. In regards to DRM, as John Galt pointed out, he had been passed on the depth chart by a guy in the same class, so he probably saw the writing on the wall as well. While it always sucks to lose transfers for depth reasons, especially at QB, I think we are still in OK shape at both positions in regards to that Freshman class.

I'd say it's fairly common. I'm sure McKinzy wants to play and it appears his odds of doing that here are not very good. Krizanic maybe wants a shot to play QB. He would be playing wr here with no shot at QB. Still have Leidner, Streveller, and Perra. With Croft coming in. More than enough depth.

R-McKinzy is going to a JC and possibly with the help of the coaching staff. Wonder if staff wanted him to get on the field to play and possibly come back. Interesting move. I assume he will play and maybe get an opportunity elsewhere.

I'd say it's fairly common. I'm sure McKinzy wants to play and it appears his odds of doing that here are not very good. Krizanic maybe wants a shot to play QB. He would be playing wr here with no shot at QB. Still have Leidner, Streveller, and Perra. With Croft coming in. More than enough depth.

Ohio State has depth at QB, we have bodies. Leidner is decent, Streveller seems to be able to run but we still don't know if he can pass, Perra is everyone's golden child but we have no clue what he would be able to do in a game. In the grand scheme of things DRM probably isn't a big loss because he was behind those other guys on the depth chart but it is still concerning to see a scholarship QB leave because in theory the QB's you recruit and give a scholarship too should hopefully be guys that you think can lead your team in the future.

I would guess...or even assume, that after Leidner is done after his Sr year,
it'll be Demry Croft's team, and the other player's know it.
I'm hearing better and better things about that kid..

I want the best QB to play and lead us to wins. I tend to agree with your guess. My hope is that someone pushed Leidner for snaps over the next couple seasons. It's setting up for a Perra/Croft battle for 2nd. I just don't think Streveler will be the guy.

There is more of this of late, nationally, but I was hoping Roden-Mac would stick around...with QBs you never know what will happen - look at Ohio State. Yes, we do have a problem with receivers, too, having just lost our best one again.

I was watching one of the ESPN network channels and I can't remember who said it, but he was clear that QB's are the most likely position to transfer. I'm not sure if he had data to back his point, but that was his strong opinion.

I wonder what Mr. Streveler has to say, about it being Crofts team after Leidner graduates? I'm not saying Croft won't win the job. But there will definitely be an interesting competition(with more possible attrition?...I hope not). There is also Perras' impressive upward trajectory... Not to mention (the wild card) our 2017 QB signings.The year after Leidner will be interesting indeed. But I wouldn't anoint Demery Croft yet.

I think he meant the guy with more career yards, rec. TDs, yds per catch and yds per game than Drew.

KJ Maye is better than both of them. I don't care that he isn't tall. He gets open and can go over the middle.

I wonder what Mr. Streveler has to say, about it being Crofts team after Leidner graduates? I'm not saying Croft won't win the job. But there will definitely be an interesting competition(with more possible attrition?...I hope not). There is also Perras' impressive upward trajectory... Not to mention (the wild card) our 2017 QB signings.The year after Leidner will be interesting indeed. But I wouldn't anoint Demery Croft yet.

+1 Last time gopherhole annointed a QB before he even set foot on campus was Nelson and we all know how well that one worked out. Not saying Croft won't turn out to be great but as with Nelson would love to see people actually give him a chance to get on campus and prove what he can do before leaping to conclusions that it is for sure going to be his job to lose.

KJ Maye is better than both of them. I don't care that he isn't tall. He gets open and can go over the middle.

He was probably talking about Maxx Williams, who lined up as a WR in roughly half of his plays in the second half of the season.

Top Bottom