More rumors

Believe it or not, some guys want to play and not redshirt...

Given his offer list out of high school, and the 2014 RB depth chart, he couldn't possibly believe he was going to come in here and play as a freshman, could he?

If he was led to believe he might play (outside of a catasrpohic injury scenario), and that's what got him in here, shame on Jerry for lying and wasting a year for the kid. If Jerry told him otherwise and he still thought he had a chance in '14, and now he's disgruntled, shame on him for being irrational.

I smell something fishy. I have a hard time believing, after hearing all the practice reports, and Jerry Kill gushing about him when asked, that he would decide to leave and go DII because he didn't get playing time '14. That just doesn't add up, in my opinion. There is something else going on.

It is possible that he really doesn't care about football, and wants to be closer to home. But, I have a hunch that someone got in his ear. (couldn't have been Georgia, could it? Who only has 1 RB committ at this point....Gurley is leaving, Chubb looks like a sure-fire early exit...etc., etc.), He's got to be leaving for greener pastures to sit out a year (unless he gets some sort of waiver). That is the most entertaining theory that I can come up with ;)

Given his offer list out of high school, and the 2014 RB depth chart, he couldn't possibly believe he was going to come in here and play as a freshman, could he?

If he was led to believe he might play (outside of a catasrpohic injury scenario), and that's what got him in here, shame on Jerry for lying and wasting a year for the kid. If Jerry told him otherwise and he still thought he had a chance in '14, and now he's disgruntled, shame on him for being irrational.

I smell something fishy. I have a hard time believing, after hearing all the practice reports, and Jerry Kill gushing about him when asked, that he would decide to leave and go DII because he didn't get playing time '14. That just doesn't add up, in my opinion. There is something else going on.

It is possible that he really doesn't care about football, and wants to be closer to home. But, I have a hunch that someone got in his ear. (couldn't have been Georgia, could it? Who only has 1 RB committ at this point....Gurley is leaving, Chubb looks like a sure-fire early exit...etc., etc.), He's got to be leaving for greener pastures to sit out a year (unless he gets some sort of waiver). That is the most entertaining theory that I can come up with ;)

My theory is that it isn't true.

I love the way you guys throw the baby out with the bath water before there is a official announcement.

It is time for Kill and Co. to finish strong in recruiting the next few weeks. I am not sure why everyone is so gungho on redshirting if a player can play now. I don't have the actual stats but seems like a very small percentage of above average playing ability guys will stay all 5 years anyway. Maxx Williams is a prime example-- too bad we didn't play him his freshman year. If we end up sitting on a few WR that could have helped us this year and end up leaving early it would be too bad we didn't play them now.

Odd. I'm guessing it has more to do with him wanting to be closer to home or perhaps not liking the weather than it has to do with the school or football program. I still like the RB depth though, they'll be fine there. Aren't he and Melvin Holland Jr cousins?

I'll admit, I don't know much about him, but this is sounding like a confidence type of thing. Does he have the moxie to beat out others for significant playing time? If not he may be better elsewhere where he could be confident that he would be the featured back.

Wish they were staying and hope they are. If they do leave, best to them. Thanks for giving Minnesota a look.

Just an idea but I believe Smith was the recruit that was also a very good baseball player. He may be second guessing not going that route, or want to do both sports in college.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

We all seem to be accepting Smith's transfer like it is true, do we have any kind of official confirmation?

But if he would transfer FBS he will miss another season. If he goes FCS or lower , he could still play 4 seasons.

Right but someone commented that he may have been mad that he had to redshirt. Transferring now doesn't change that, that's all.

It is time for Kill and Co. to finish strong in recruiting the next few weeks. I am not sure why everyone is so gungho on redshirting if a player can play now. I don't have the actual stats but seems like a very small percentage of above average playing ability guys will stay all 5 years anyway. Maxx Williams is a prime example-- too bad we didn't play him his freshman year. If we end up sitting on a few WR that could have helped us this year and end up leaving early it would be too bad we didn't play them now.

Good points.

We all seem to be accepting Smith's transfer like it is true, do we have any kind of official confirmation?

Good point. Things aren't official until someone creates a GH account, posts what really happened not once but twice, then goes away. That's when you know it is for real.

I think the talk here is of a "if its true" nature. We all hope it isn't.

Why no love for Connor. I really would like to see him line up at qb. The kid looks really impressive especially for being so raw. I dont want to lose him. Hopefully none of this is true.

Why no love for Connor. I really would like to see him line up at qb. The kid looks really impressive especially for being so raw. I dont want to lose him. Hopefully none of this is true.

You've got a better chance of playing a snap at QB than Connor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are rumors really true? Maybe they could be but...Smith is happy at Minnesota. He and Holland can't wait to get on the field next year. Smith AIN'T going no way....

C'Mon Gopher Fan's this is no way any truth

Are rumors really true? Maybe they could be but...Smith is happy at Minnesota. He and Holland can't wait to get on the field next year. Smith AIN'T going no way....

C'Mon Gopher Fan's this is no way any truth

^^^Coming from a guy who would probably know. I'm definitely skeptical of this rumor until it's made official. FWIW, Burns at GI still hasn't confirmed and said if it's true, there are people close to the team who still aren't aware of it then.

Would be odd. Just last week Kill mentioned him by name when referencing red-shirt players he's very excited for. I hope it's not true. Kill is very high on him and Cobb said (in reference to his ability) that once he plays you'd never get him off the field.

Kyle G at 247 confirmed with Rodney's father that he isn't going anywhere.

Kyle is saying 2 players from the 2014 class, sounds like both on offense, but NOT Smith.

Kyle is saying 2 players from the 2014 class, sounds like both on offense, but NOT Smith.

Hallelujah! Would have hated to lose Smith.

So that leaves Krizancic (seems like the most likely at this point), DRM, Rasmussen, Weyler and I don't remember if Burns said anything about Gant. Kyle did say one of the redshirts, right?

Thanks. The direction this thread took and some of the knee jerk responses just became all the more ridiculous.

Well glad that was straightened out! It's never good to have a lot of guys transfer but it isn't unexpected.

I'm really excited to see what Smith can do next year.

<iframe id="twitter-widget-0" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" class="twitter-tweet twitter-tweet-rendered" allowfullscreen="" style="display: block; max-width: 99%; min-width: 220px; padding: 0px; border-radius: 5px; margin: 10px 0px; border-color: rgb(238, 238, 238) rgb(221, 221, 221) rgb(187, 187, 187); border-width: 1px; border-style: solid; box-shadow: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.14902) 0px 1px 3px; position: static; visibility: visible; width: 500px;" title="Embedded Tweet" height="526"></iframe> <script async="" src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Nicely done Nadine. Straight to the source.

<iframe id="rufous-sandbox" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" style="display: none;"></iframe>

I think the 247 guys were able to confirm the original transfer news a couple days before Burns. I know we have a ton of depth at RB with Jeff, Nuggett and 3 freshman so I don't think this will make our O any less potent but I was simply excited to just watch his game because I was a big fan of it and felt he would be fun to watch.

Nadine's welcome news proves these guys are schmucks- don't trust a word they say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom