2022-2023 Other Bowl Games Thread

The run makes it conservative IMO. Just keep doing what you’re successful at.
If they would’ve run a QB draw on 2nd or 3rd down instead of throwing two incompletions the field goal is 5-10 yards closer and they win the game

They threw too much and it made the kicker over kick it

They should’ve stuck with what was working on the drive, I agree with you. I disagree with you with what that meant.
Stroud had one completion on the final drive. Peak at strouds and Ohio states fourth quarter rushing vs passing

Definitely different post game then PJ. It’s probably incredibly difficult to talk post game with all the emotions flowing.

You're right. I'm not even sure what I would expect him to say there. But to claim nobody "respected" his team is ridiculous. Have they ever not been ranked #1 this year?

If they would’ve run a QB draw on 2nd or 3rd down instead of throwing two incompletions the field goal is 5-10 yards closer and they win the game

They should’ve stuck with what was working on the drive, I agree with you. I disagree with you with what that meant.
Stroud had one completion on the final drive. Peak at strouds and Ohio states fourth quarter rushing vs passing
tbf they weren't winning the game at any distance with that kick. That hooked like my tee-shot when I'm trying not to slice.

Well, earlier today I commented that OSU didn't have a good enough defense to beat Georgia. Technically I was right...I guess.

Good point, I’m sure he never thought of that
He clearly showed he didnt. Once he got in "FG Range" he called a dive (to burn timeouts as you claim lol) and then proceeded to run long developing, dumb routes. It's laughable that you think that was aggressive play calling. But from you, it makes some sense.

tbf they weren't winning the game at any distance with that kick. That hooked like my tee-shot when I'm trying not to slice.
The kickers don’t kick the ball the same from all distances
One of the best kickers in the country missed a 50 yarder

He probably hits a 42 yarder

You’re right though. Even if they hit a 30 yard pass and attempt a glorified extra point…that specific kick misses

He clearly showed he didnt. Once he got in "FG Range" he called a dive (to burn timeouts as you claim lol) and then proceeded to run long developing, dumb routes. It's laughable that you think that was aggressive play calling. But from you, it makes some sense.
Only on gopher hole is throwing two long route combos considered conservative

That kick would have missed from 20 yards out.
No shit. So in that case they should’ve been throwing Hail Marys because that kick misses from 20

He probably hits the ball differently on a 40 yard attempt than a 50 yard attempt

I had a very bad feeling about that last FG attempt because even when Ruggles hit the 48 yarder it was rotating sideways and was way ugly (I’m still not sure how it made it). Add the pressure of a game winning kick and it didn’t feel like he was up to the moment. I guess he wasn’t.

The kickers don’t kick the ball the same from all distances
One of the best kickers in the country missed a 50 yarder

He probably hits a 42 yarder

You’re right though. Even if they hit a 30 yard pass and attempt a glorified extra point…that specific kick misses
Hey man - I get what you're saying and you're right. Not trying to argue about something dumb to start 2023. Happy new year to all the Gopher fans out there. Great day of football today, and looking forward to arguing with y'all next fall!

The run almost made it predictable they had to pass on 2nd and 3rd. Bad three plays by OSU.
They could’ve (and should’ve on at least one) run on second or third down. The game ended with Ohio state 50 yard field goal attempt with a timeout in hand.

Ruggles going into tonight perfect 49 or less

0/1 50+

Well now he’s 0/2

The Georgia DB sure got rewarded for planting Harrison. I honestly don't think I've seen a targeting call held up the whole season.

Last edited:

I had a very bad feeling about that last FG attempt because even when Ruggles hit the 48 yarder it was rotating sideways and was way ugly (I’m still not sure how it made it). Add the pressure of a game winning kick and it didn’t feel like he was up to the moment. I guess he wasn’t.
Yep, he was shitting his pants. Distance was irrelevant.

He isn’t as good from distance
Hasn’t missed 49 or less all year
Hadn’t hit 50+ all year

Final kick right at 50

Doesn’t have the leg. Over swings. Misses badly

This game definitely proves the SEC is too good and the big ten can’t compete
Us, Wisky, and Iowa are going to be the only B1G bowl victories. Everybody quit at Purdue and Illinois, and MSU will be playing for the Pirate, and PSU will fold when Utah gets physical. Another feeble year for our conference, probably can throw in hoops as well. (Edit-Maryland got the Mayo)

Last edited:

Us, Wisky, and Iowa are going to be the only B1G bowl victories. Everybody quit at Purdue and Illinois, and MSU will be playing for the Pirate, and PSU will fold when Utah gets physical. Another feeble year for our conference, probably can throw in hoops as well.
Maryland won.

None of those were QB draws. They were pass plays where he ended up running the ball.

Kirby Smart says his team has been disrespected all year. You’ve been #1 nearly all season and your QB was a Heisman finalist. Sweet Jesus what a tool.
No doubt he's a good coach but Harbaugh quote about Day also applies to Smart.

None of those were QB draws. They were pass plays where he ended up running the ball.
I never said they were QB draws
They should’ve run called QB run plays rather than any of their last 3 offensive plays.

Georgia was playing all man

Top Bottom