2022-2023 Other Bowl Games Thread

Because of the timing of my new knee...still recuperating...I've watched more bowl season than ever before this go round. I have a poor sample size but believe some very good football is being played this year, especially since Jerry's Kids won their game in Detroit. Hopefully, more is still to come.

I never said they were QB draws
They should’ve run called QB run plays rather than any of their last 3 offensive plays.

Georgia was playing all man
You said you agreed with me that they should have kept doing what they were doing. And then said they should have ran a QB draw, something they hadn’t done all game?

You said you agreed with me that they should have kept doing what they were doing. And then said they should have ran a QB draw, something they hadn’t done all game?
Run the QB

Do you really not understand what I’m saying?

A designed run is still completely different than a pass play that ends up being a run.
Not at all different in what they do to DBs playing man to man against multiple WR sets

The answer on first down wasn’t to run the RB, it was to run the Qb
The answer on second and third down wasn’t to throw the ball deep down field, it was to throw something quick by picking a matchup or run the QB

Georgia was all man to man and Ohio state couldn’t get guys open. That’s why stroud was scrambling for yards. Running guys off and running designed QB runs while running off the DBs would’ve been their best chance for a play to get yards on a non broken play

So you don't think he started on 3rd base when he became HC at Georgia?
Well, to be honest, you could say that about any head coach, including Harbaugh, who gets a head coaching job at a blue blood program. But getting that job doesn’t guarantee you success. The comment by Harbaugh was meant to be a slight at Day and to insinuate that Day isn’t a good coach. Mr, Khaki Pants should take a hard long look in the mirror at his own coaching abilities after tonight. From what I saw, he coached to a single.

If these championship games prove anything it's that you have to score to be "elite". The Gophers offense: 28 PPG, 66th out of 131 teams. Hopes for anything better than decent BigTen West finishes will not be realized until that changes...

If these championship games prove anything it's that you have to score to be "elite". The Gophers offense: 28 PPG, 66th out of 131 teams. Hopes for anything better than decent BigTen West finishes will not be realized until that changes...
Well, they all have a different level of athlete, but home runs in the passing game and run game are huge. It's big play after big play after big play.

We try to grind it down the field continuously, especially against the good teams.

It's rather depressing.

Watching BIG 10 network post-game show. Urban Meyer seems to forget he's not the coach at Ohio State anymore. He said "We" will come back next year (or something like that), when referring to Ohio State's loss. Also used "We" a couple of other times. I'll still never understand why the BIG 10 network hired this scum ball slimy dirt bag as a football analyst. Or why any network would. There are plenty of ex coaches that don't have Urban's baggage that could do analysis.

Watching BIG 10 network post-game show. Urban Meyer seems to forget he's not the coach at Ohio State anymore. He said "We" will come back next year (or something like that), when referring to Ohio State's loss. Also used "We" a couple of other times. I'll still never understand why the BIG 10 network hired this scum ball slimy dirt bag as a football analyst. Or why any network would. There are plenty of ex coaches that don't have Urban's baggage that could do analysis.
Maybe because Urban is considered one of best college coaches ever. If we had a coaching vacancy I’d throw massive money at urban to coach the Gophers

You are high saying Dugan had a horrid night. Just shows how clueless you are. Makes me lmao. Thanks

Maybe a strong word to use but he was off target most of the night on anything past ten yards. He didn’t look great as a passer last night, no. Below average would have been a better description. Checking stat line today confirms. He did enough.

The Georgia DB sure got rewarded for planting Harrison. I honestly don't think I've seen a targeting call held up the whole season.
It won’t get taken out of the game if they don’t actually enforce it.

I don’t know man, seemed textbook. Could have hurt himself and/or the other guy pretty easily.

Looking at the replay in real time (not slo mo) the defender almost came to a complete stop before making the contact with the Michigan player. The launch aspect is maybe questionable. This is a Rhorschach test on targeting, maybe. Technically crown to helmet was made, looks like. Agree there.

Joel Klatt tweeted he was very upset. He was not upset about the no call on an actual clear cut targeting that resulted in injury on a defenseless player in a different game. Joel is a smart guy but a Big Ten bobo without scruples and doesn't really know what targeting is either.

Watching TCU's success and considering they started the season unranked, really does give me hope that any good team can reach the playoffs if things go your way. Especially with the playoffs expanding in the near future - things could be a lot more exciting.

Kentucky 0
Ok State 17
Syracuse 20
Miss. State ?? (0 so far)

Big Ten West defenses are not overrated.

Although Purdue probably gets stomped later today.

So Illinois challenges the last play of the half, wins the challenge to get one more second and then just runs the ball to kill the clock.....wtf

Why waste time with the challenge if you are just going to end the half on the next snap with a simple running play.....makes no sense.

And good lord the cowbells are annoying.....don't see Mississippi State play often thankfully.

Turned the channel just in time to see LSU go up 21-0 on Purdue a few minutes into the second quarter. The curb stomp is on. Probably looking at a double curb stomp.

I know I should cheer for all Big10 teams in bowl games, but I can't cheer ....EVER...for iowa, wisconsin, purdue, or michigan state.

lol that they called that a touchdown.

Top Bottom