Tyus Jones to Duke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's worse to be patronized than to be outright rejected. This charade degrades both parties. End the charade.

Meh, that's about all he can say. He isn't coming here and never was going to. Pitino and co. have done just fine building relationships with other 4 and 5 star players in a short period of time. He just isn't interested in us. It's getting to the point I'd rather have a Newton or Perkins instead of Jones. That may sound crazy, but being strung along for so long now has kind of turned me off. There are a lot of elite PGs out there, if Pitino can get a kid like Newton or Perkins that actually wants to be here, I'll be just as thrilled as if we got Jones if not more.

Meh, that's about all he can say. He isn't coming here and never was going to. Pitino and co. have done just fine building relationships with other 4 and 5 star players in a short period of time. He just isn't interested in us. It's getting to the point I'd rather have a Newton or Perkins instead of Jones. That may sound crazy, but being strung along for so long now has kind of turned me off. There are a lot of elite PGs out there, if Pitino can get a kid like Newton or Perkins that actually wants to be here, I'll be just as thrilled as if we got Jones if not more.

Couldn't agree with you more

He sees himself as an nba lottery pick already and doesn't care about anything but himself. That's how he comes off to me anyways. Personally I'd rather have any of the other pg's were recruiting over him.

Nothing wrong with that quote, IMO. I don't see all this negative, selfish-ness others are reading into it. What I do see is what everyone else does; it is unlikely he comes here.

He sees himself as an nba lottery pick already and doesn't care about anything but himself. That's how he comes off to me anyways. Personally I'd rather have any of the other pg's were recruiting over him.

What makes you think that?

What makes you think that?

Wondering the same thing. Lot's of overreacting in this thread. Pitino is recruiting a lot of point guards and doing a good job of it. Not like he's causing us to lose our chances at other guys. Just stop reading his interviews and quotes if it bothers you. Move on and get over it.

Can this thread just end? Why are we still talking about a kid that has no interest in being a Gopher?

Here let's try......lol

-------------------- END OF THREAD -----------------------------
A Jahil Okafor thread might be more productive than this.

I feel the same exact way, let's move onto people that actually want to come here.
so far nobody in the class of 2014 wants to come here enough to verbal... The vast majority of the kids we have offered will end up somewhere else. per Pitino's Shotgun recruiting style. Tyus is another kid we are recruiting who like most ...will likely end up somewhere else..never the less Pitino will stay on all these kids until they eliminate us or we fill the spot.... as logic would dictate

If I was a top 40 kid and my home school hired a new young coach, I would have a hard time commiting without watching his team play. The longer these kids delay their decisions the better opportunity Rick will have to show off his team. Either way very few top 10 kids stay in their home state. Do not take it so personally.

Only a quitter would give up...Pitino is not a quitter like some of the posters are. If you have a 1% chance then keep working.. They just put the odds in the 90% range. Not 100% so do not be a loser quitter! Obviously be smart and work other PG prospects. Pitino does not cave in and quit just because he is the underdog!

Why waste a minute on Tyus? Focus on Vaughn, Travis, Perkins, Whitehead, and Newton. Any 2 of those players would give us an unbelievable class, and they all have some real interest in being Gophers.

Why waste a minute on Tyus? Focus on Vaughn, Travis, Perkins, Whitehead, and Newton. Any 2 of those players would give us an unbelievable class, and they all have some real interest in being Gophers.
Not wasting much time on him... Travis, Tyus and Jarvis all play together this summer. People told Rudy he was crazy waste time and effort in attempt to play for Notre Dame he had less chance of that then we do of signing Tyus....well Guess who got in for Notre Dame during his last footbal game?

Not wasting much time on him... Travis, Tyus and Jarvis all play together this summer. People told Rudy he was crazy waste time and effort in attempt to play for Notre Dame he had less chance of that then we do of signing Tyus....well Guess who got in for Notre Dame during his last footbal game?

That was a movie. This is real life.

Bottom line, Pitino has already moved on. Newton or Perkins would be outstanding PGs. The beautiful thing about college sports is that you end up with guys that want to be at your school.

The Newton interview makes it seem like Pitino has moved on, which is fine with me. Would love to get Newton.

and the same thing comes up everytime someone from GH interviews Tyus...

WHY WON'T YOU ASK HIM HOW THE GOPHERS ARE STILL IN PLAY IF HE PLANS ON PLAYING WITH OKAFOR IN COLLEGE?!?!?!??!

thanks for the effort, but the interview seems pointless

WHY WON'T YOU ASK HIM HOW THE GOPHERS ARE STILL IN PLAY IF HE PLANS ON PLAYING WITH OKAFOR IN COLLEGE?!?!?!??!

Who cares? I don't get all the stress over this.

I can't believe he hasn't received this question yet either.

who cares? oh, I don't know...passionate gopher fans?

I think most passionate Gopher fans realize Tyus is more than likely going to Duke and are hoping we get Newton or Perkins. If you already know the answer to that question, why stress over making him say it? Just don't get it, personally. Good luck to Tyus. Let's get Newton or Perkins.

He has no reason to answer the question. I'm sure it has been asked he just refuses to answer it.

Per David Shama: http://shamasportsheadliners.com/

Tyus Jones‘ mom told Sports Headliners yesterday she expects her son to make his official college commitment in November.

Tyus and his friend Jahlil Okafor, a center from Whitney High in Chicago, are rated the No. 2 and No. 1 players in the national prep class of 2014 by Rivals.com. Debbie confirmed it’s likely the two will attend college together.

Per David Shama: http://shamasportsheadliners.com/

Tyus Jones‘ mom told Sports Headliners yesterday she expects her son to make his official college commitment in November.

Tyus and his friend Jahlil Okafor, a center from Whitney High in Chicago, are rated the No. 2 and No. 1 players in the national prep class of 2014 by Rivals.com. Debbie confirmed it’s likely the two will attend college together.

And both will join Coach Pitino at the University of Minnesota.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom