Transfer Portal

Singer transferred to Arizona to pick up offers this year, I believe he received an offer from the Long Horns. Just another example, of local kid getting over looked.

WR Dylan Wright, gophers offered him out of HS, only a freshman, was rated the number 12 wr in the country. 6’4” 215. I’d take him!
I would too. Not only the 12th WR in nation but I think the 247 composite has him as a top 100 player. But apparently we recruit too many receivers for some on here. 🙄

Singer transferred to Arizona to pick up offers this year, I believe he received an offer from the Long Horns. Just another example, of local kid getting over looked.
I was surprised he got a Texas offer, but I do think he could have been a take, especially since he looked decent at both wr and safety too. Little early to call him a miss though. You should point out more kids from this class that we are missing on and who they should have replaced. Every team in every state misses on local kids.

I would too. Not only the 12th WR in nation but I think the 247 composite has him as a top 100 player. But apparently we recruit too many receivers for some on here. 🙄
I believe he'd be the 2nd highest rated recruit (after Jeff Jones) in the internet era at over .96 at 247. If anybody is wondering why MN isn't winning national titles, the kid was only the 4th highest rated recruit in A&M's 2018 class.

Guys on Twitter says the Texas A&M is the guy. Zero catches in two years. We’ll see what Simon can do with him.

Guys on Twitter says the Texas A&M is the guy. Zero catches in two years. We’ll see what Simon can do with him.

Is this the Christmas surprise that Nick Murphy, the Gophers Director of On-Campus Recruiting was alluding to?

Because hes a freshman and has a bunch of 4 and 5 star players ahead of him? A&M is the 5th ranked team in the country and doesnt play alot of wrs, they use alot of 2 te sets. A&M has 9 other wrs on their roster were 4 or 5 stars.
Funny thing is that a three star is their leading WR this year, from the same class as Wright.

Is this the Christmas surprise that Nick Murphy, the Gophers Director of On-Campus Recruiting was alluding to?
I don't think so. Nick's tweet mentioned "help in the trenches" so if this is an additional Christmas surprise, then Santa really helped make the end of this season festive indeed!

Getting a transfer who was very highly rated a few years ago is great and all but I think I'd rather have the Arizona guy since he has receiver experience and return experience. He's actually played and contributed. 0 catches in 2 years? Could it be he was one of the highly over rated guys we see which constantly bring up the argument that stars don't matter?

Getting a transfer who was very highly rated a few years ago is great and all but I think I'd rather have the Arizona guy since he has receiver experience and return experience. He's actually played and contributed. 0 catches in 2 years? Could it be he was one of the highly over rated guys we see which constantly bring up the argument that stars don't matter?
Could be.
I’m not sure I would pass on a guy we like to maybe get a guy we don’t like as much because the other guy has 31 catches.

I’m just going to let the coaches do their jobs and evaluate my opinion in a few years

I'd like to think that Alabama offers only go to guys who "should be" can't miss dudes. But then again, I have no idea how this whole shenanigans of "uncommitable" offers plays in and when those have been given.

Dylan Wright has committed to Minnesota. 70th ranked recruit in the 2019 class.

I don't think so. Murphy said it was going to help in the trenches so I assume it's gotta be O or D-Line
And it's not Christmas yet... although it looks like it outside right now.

I don't understand the concern about our WR recruiting. Since Fleck came to Minnesota, he has recruited 10 WRs with a 247 rating over .8500 and six of them are in the 2020 or 2021 classes (Jackson, Brockington, Mann, Emelien, Boyd, and Kaliamakis)--the 2017-2019 classes had only one that made an impact (Bateman). That certainly looks to be a positive trend.

Val Martin commitment

Is this what Nick Murphy was alluding to?

Certainly could be, but I don't know if this one qualifies as Carleton Happy Dance worthy. Guess we will have to wait and see. Fleck seems very active in the transfer market right now so wouldn't surprise me to see some more guys come on board before it is all said and done.

They don't seem to like bringing in JC guys, but they have done very will with transfers over the time Fleck has been here.

Top Bottom