Transfer Portal

Every Big Ten school is going to be shedding and adding pieces from all over the country, with the blanket waiver. If you're not adding pieces ... you're losing ground.

Jermaine Johnson has announced he is going to Florida State. Really wanted him to come home but oh well.....

Quoted from "Smokey and the Bandit":

Sheriff Branford:
The fact that you are a sheriff is not germane to the situation.

Buford T. Justice:
The god damn Germans got nothin' to do with it.

I watched that about a month ago and was in laughing so hard, my gut hurt.

Perfect 70s Flick - ah the good old days!!

Have y’all heard any of our key players transferring?

Have y’all heard any of our key players transferring?
Nothing too major gopher related yet.

a really old guy going pro.

Durr and Dunlap coming back.

a two week. Old quote from Mo intimating he is coming back

Easton Stick was drafted in the 5th round and Trey Lance will be wrongly drafted in the 1st round.

Wentz is an average to below average QB who hasn't won a playoff game and can't stay healthy.
I heard his dad was a legendary softball player (aren't they all) who swung a mean stick. (an Easton). Hence the name.

Last edited:

Singer transferred to Arizona to pick up offers this year, I believe he received an offer from the Long Horns. Just another example, of local kid getting over looked.
Overlooked by who? Arizona and Arizona State?

Would be a nice addition, perfect plug and play at nickle.
It’s unlikely that he comes here, but he would be a starting safety the moment he got to campus. All-SEC freshman team and the second leading tackler in 2020. A huge upgrade over Howden and Nubin.

NW, Michigan, MSU, and Maryland getting hit pretty hard, all with 7 plus transfers so far.

NW, Michigan, MSU, and Maryland getting hit pretty hard, all with 7 plus transfers so far.
Holy cow. Thanks for that. Perhaps it's been said already in this thread, but the most important recruiting a staff does this year might be keeping their own players.

The number of players transferring is far less important then the caliber of player that is transferring. If it is someone that was unlikely to see the field anyway then it really isn't that big of a deal if that player decides to look elsewhere.

I don't know if that is the case for the guys transferring off those teams just making more of a general point that the number isn't really the key part of the transfer portal.

The number of players transferring is far less important then the caliber of player that is transferring. If it is someone that was unlikely to see the field anyway then it really isn't that big of a deal if that player decides to look elsewhere.

I don't know if that is the case for the guys transferring off those teams just making more of a general point that the number isn't really the key part of the transfer portal.
It isn’t always a big deal or bad thing, but it does typically hurt the level of experience and depth of a team.

Noah Hickcox is in the Transfer Portal. DT

Would love to know the story behind that image. One car shooting off on its own while all the others seem frantic to turn around. :)

It could easily be me on a few memorable excursions with my wife.

Me: Shoot...traffic's backed up.
Wife: Just turn and drive through there.
Me: But there is a (insert any of these: barricade, Do Not Enter sign, cop car, fire truck, ambulance, sink hole, man with a gun, etc...) right there. We can't go that way.
Wife: Just go, they'll let us through.
Me: But we can't. That's why the [cop, sign, barricade] is there.
Wife: Just go! nothing is going to happen!
Me: We could get arrested.
Wife: They're not going to arrest us.
Me: But, bu..
Wife: Just go, I will take the blame if anything happens.
Me (thinking): No, I'm driving. I'm the man. Ain't nothin' happening to you.
Wife (under her breath): I don't know why you had to take that route in the first place.

It could easily be me on a few memorable excursions with my wife.

Me: Shoot...traffic's backed up.
Wife: Just turn and drive through there.
Me: But there is a (insert any of these: barricade, Do Not Enter sign, cop car, fire truck, ambulance, sink hole, man with a gun, etc...) right there. We can't go that way.
Wife: Just go, they'll let us through.
Me: But we can't. That's why the [cop, sign, barricade] is there.
Wife: Just go! nothing is going to happen!
Me: We could get arrested.
Wife: They're not going to arrest us.
Me: But, bu..
Wife: Just go, I will take the blame if anything happens.
Me (thinking): No, I'm driving. I'm the man. Ain't nothin' happening to you.
Wife (under her breath): I don't know why you had to take that route in the first place.
Ufda. Better take this one to the off topic board and get some help for your wife.

Interesting to look at the list of players in the transfer portal and their ranking. The WR position has a 5* and 25 4*'s, most likely not living up to their Star Rating. Not many if any seem to be going to a better school footballwise. Maybe a parallel move.

QB has 24 4* players in the portal. Again mostly parallel or down moves.

Running back only has 8 4* or better.

OLine 10
DLine 16

I didn't see it mentioned here, but a friend told me D'vion Harris (DE from St Louis, who was a redshirt freshman in 2020) has entered the transfer portal. Nothing recent on his Twitter. Anybody else heard this?

Bummer to lose him as I was excited about his potential. He had really good offers coming out of HS. Curious what he is seeing as far as competition at DE that may have made him feel like it was time for a change?

Starters - Mafe and Otomewo
Returning - Jah Joyner (true frosh in 2020), Danny Striggow (true frosh) and I guess I'm not sure where they expect Ali Saad, Gage Keys (likely DT?), Jalen-Logan Redding and MJ Anderson (I think DT) to end up as far as DT/DE.

Incoming DE recruits - Austin Booker and Deven Eastern

Doesn't seem like we are truly stacked at DE, so my guess is Harris wants to be starting by his third year and/or he sees something among the other true/redshirt freshmen that tells him he won't be in the two deeps.

Too bad about Harris. He’s from Lutheran North h.s. in Saint Louis, they turn out quite a few good players.

Top Bottom