Transfer Portal

Did you see where both 4 star QB's left VT, some guy went to NDSU.

Did you see where both 4 star QB's left VT, some guy went to NDSU.
Saw that last night. NDSU lost a QB with two year eligibility left to the NFL as everyone knows, so they seem urgent to not lose a step next year.

Saw that last night. NDSU lost a QB with two year eligibility left to the NFL as everyone knows, so they seem urgent to not lose a step next year.

Transfer to a lower level where you can dominate, and get drafted way higher than you should. Makes sense.

Transfer to a lower level where you can dominate, and get drafted way higher than you should. Makes sense.
Not really. NDSU has had one quarterback drafted during this whole run and he has been a multiple year starter in the nfl.

Not a future Hall of Famer but as good or better than a lot of other first and second round quarterbacks.

This will be the second quarterback they get drafted

Not really. NDSU has had one quarterback drafted during this whole run and he has been a multiple year starter in the nfl.

Not a future Hall of Famer but as good or better than a lot of other first and second round quarterbacks.

This will be the second quarterback they get drafted

Easton Stick was drafted in the 5th round and Trey Lance will be wrongly drafted in the 1st round.

Wentz is an average to below average QB who hasn't won a playoff game and can't stay healthy.

Easton Stick was drafted in the 5th round and Trey Lance will be wrongly drafted in the 1st round.

Wentz is an average to below average QB who hasn't won a playoff game and can't stay healthy.
NFL GM's are obviously dumb and NDSU QB's keep bamboozling them. They've had four straight QB's get drafted or sign into the NFL. Not a bad run. I hope we get one drafted in my lifetime.

I’ve never heard of eastern stick
So scratch everything I’ve said

I’ve never heard of eastern stick
So scratch everything I’ve said
I believe he's currently the charger 2nd string QB, was the third stringer prior to Injury

NDSU has had a nice run with QB's.

I'm not an NFL scout, but I'm not entirely sold on Lance.

NFL GM's are obviously dumb and NDSU QB's keep bamboozling them.
Wentz might be the most overrated qb in the league but I think most fans are starting to realize it. That said, finding the next star NFL qb isn't easy.

Wentz might be the most overrated qb in the league but I think most fans are starting to realize it. That said, finding the next star NFL qb isn't easy.
The majority seem to be misses. Look no farther than the Vikings. Lol

Whoa, he was the starting QB this year, right? I definitely saw him in there in the win vs. NW. Did he get passed near the end of the year?
he really struggled towards the end of the year and got moved down the depth chart.

Just ask the Vikings

Former QB. He had a good 2019 (34 - 552 yards - 5 TDs).
Looks like a solid player. Like the fact that he returns kicks as well. Being a former QB it also opens up the possibility of some trickery with him throwing the ball from the receiver position.

Want to see some defensive additions though.

Looks like a solid player. Like the fact that he returns kicks as well. Being a former QB it also opens up the possibility of some trickery with him throwing the ball from the receiver position.

Want to see some defensive additions though.
If he is any good we better not let him return kicks. Too dangerous

Jamare's 2018 247SPorts Profile:

Current 2020 Wide Receiver Roster Minus Rashod Bateman:
Are the Gophers Coaching Staff not confident that they have enough help with the current roster of receivers?

1608685496660.png

I am hoping Daniel Jackson is going to make a 4-Star impact like Rashod Bateman did.

Incoming Class of 2021 Wide Receivers:
They have four incoming Wide Receivers in the 2021 Class. On paper, they look like developmental guys. Who knows.

1608685868625.png

247 Sports Ranking:

Are the Gophers Coaching Staff not confident that they have enough help with the current roster of receivers?

View attachment 10953

I am hoping Daniel Jackson is going to make a 4-Star impact like Rashod Bateman did.

They have four incoming Wide Receivers in the 2021 Class. On paper, they look like developmental guys. Who knows.

View attachment 10954

247 Sports Ranking:
I don’t know anything about him, but I don’t think I take a transfer unless I think he can make an impact.

being a good #2 or #3 wideout would qualify as making an impact

I don’t know anything about him, but I don’t think I take a transfer unless I think he can make an impact.

being a good #2 or #3 wideout would qualify as making an impact
Do we have any idea who's coming back out of the current WRs? Could make a huge difference in the willingness to take on another guy if there are some of those upperclassmen who are deciding to move on as the classes are pretty unbalanced

Do we have any idea who's coming back out of the current WRs? Could make a huge difference in the willingness to take on another guy if there are some of those upperclassmen who are deciding to move on as the classes are pretty unbalanced
CAB and Jackson have to be 1-2.

CAB and Jackson have to be 1-2.
I'd agree and imagine so, but then ask the question of are all the older guys coming back? Brown Stephens slotted as the 3rd guy with Geary and Green also in the mix. Do we lose some of the other FR who are 3rd or lower on the depth chart in their own class? I think that's the part that's so hard to tell when we're making offers as it would make a world more sense if we're missing some other guys and wanting competition for the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th slots, plus adding a KR/PR

Former QB. He had a good 2019 (34 - 552 yards - 5 TDs).
Sweet. Good looking athlete, and if there's a position I trust Fleck to recruit it's WR. Burns has been saying for a couple weeks that MN would look to add an impact WR in the portal. I definitely agree with the need. They need a long guy to stretch the field at X. I don't see Joiner running a lot of deep stuff in these highlights, but he looks really smooth.

View attachment 10953

View attachment 10954

247 Sports Ranking:
Most four stars don’t turn out like Bateman. I’m happy with what I’ve seen from Jackson so far.

Last edited:

We could definitely use him. He’d likely plug in as one of our top three guys, plus as a return man and maybe some trick play/wildcat stuff especially once Green leaves. Also if CAB gets dinged up as he has in the past we have an experienced guy to plug in. Seems like he’s at least on par athletically with any other we we have if not more athletic. Hard to say what I think the scholarships should be used on without knowing how many we have available.

Technically correct, but practically they’re playing a full season this spring.

Top Bottom