Transfer Portal

Agree the transfer portal will probably be nuts this off season. Also not surprised to see Coan toss himself into it.

Rashawn Williams was a big time wr recruit with a Minnesota offer that signed with Indiana last year, he’s entered the portal, saw zero action this year. No idea if Fleck would want him, but seemed interesting.

Northwestern has 3 players entering the potral:

RB Isaiah Bowser GTR
WR Malik Washington SO
DB Gunnar Maldonado FR

Michigan:
RB Christian Turner

Michigan State:

QB Rocky Lombardi
LB Jeslord Boateng

All of these names popping up in the portal are interesting. I just hope I don’t see a Gopher player pop up on there.

Your probably right, but I doubt Coan would commit after Kowalkowski looks to be entrenched there for the next four years.
Heard he's an early Heisman candidate also. He was 6'2" in the 10th grade next to Mike Morris.

Sorry, had to do it.

I just hope I don’t see a Gopher player pop up on there.
Odds are more likely than not that at least one player enters the portal every year. That's true for basically every team. The worry is if it's an impact player.

I was wondering why Coan didn't go in to the game yesterday. I just assumed he wasn't ready physically. Given how poorly Mertz played this season, I am shocked he's leaving but if he was healthy and never got put back out there this year I certainly see why. Doesn't seem like Wisconsin treated him very well as a guy who just won them the West the previous year? Odd situation from the outside looking in.

I hope the Gophers can find a really good WR in the portal this offseason. If Jackson can stay as the 3rd option and CAB as the 1 or 2 (depending on how good the transfer is) that would get us back close to Bateman/Johnson/Douglas trio of 2019. 2nd on the wishlist would be another CB and following that more Dline help as almost every program in the nation could use that. Strangely starting to feel OK about LB with Gordon/Willis looking the part late, Oliver coming back off injury, and already having Gibbens coming in as a transfer. For a team that plays a lot with only 2 LB's on the field I think we should be able to improve significantly there in 2021.

Michigan:
RB Christian Turner

Michigan State:

QB Rocky Lombardi
LB Jeslord Boateng
Whoa, he was the starting QB this year, right? I definitely saw him in there in the win vs. NW. Did he get passed near the end of the year?

I am worried that I will see a Gopher QB on this list in the near future. Are my concerns warranted?
Signed,
Nervous in the North

Whoa, he was the starting QB this year, right? I definitely saw him in there in the win vs. NW. Did he get passed near the end of the year?

I thought that he was odd too, they had a freshman Payton Thorne who played a little more at the end of the year.

Charlie Brewer, long time starter at QB for Baylor, heading to Utah.

I am worried that I will see a Gopher QB on this list in the near future. Are my concerns warranted?
Signed,
Nervous in the North
Remember when every qb left cuz Jerry Dill would only play crappy Leidner?

Top Bottom