Transfer list possibilities, Spring 2020

He’s a shot-maker but, damn, is that shot low and out front. Does he get it blocked much?
Steph Curry dips the ball lower for rhythm than Gach. I could argue Gach's release is just as quick as Curry. Curry gets his shot off, so will Gach.
You don't want guys shooting contested threes very often. If they do....they are in a zone and it's going in no matter what.
Gach will be fine!
Also: camera angle may be a factor here too. There is arc to all his shots. They are not flat. Stop the video at :01 second.... look at that form and tell me you don't wish we had 15 of those shooters.

Last edited:

Steph Curry dips the ball lower for rhythm than Gach. I could argue Gach's release is just as quick as Curry. Curry gets his shot off, so will Gach.
You don't want guys shooting contested threes very often. If they do....they are in a zone and it's going in no matter what.
Gach will be fine!
Also: camera angle may be a factor here too. There is arc to all his shots. They are not flat. Stop the video at :01 second.... look at that form and tell me you don't wish we had 15 of those shooters.
His numbers tell me exactly how good of a shooter he is. And it can be broken down into how he shot against top 50 defenses. Unguarded practice videos shot guys making 80 in a row ! Curry is likely among the top 3 point shooters in history. Does not mean Gach would not be helpful here, i think he would but the board collectively now has 10 guys on our team who they think are great or will be great.

Gach will be fine!
Never known any D1 players let alone high major players to not be able to get off a shot. Pretty sure gach will be fine!

I know you guys can't focus and just wanna be dinks...the discussion was whether Gach's shooting form was inferior. I don't/didn't believe it is.
Did not say he would make 3's at a Steph Curry rate, just that his release was similar in quickness.
i also pointed his shot was not flat and his finish was relatively high. That Curry brings the ball to his waist for rhythm.

And as to Builts comments what stats say Gach is... I improved shooting stats on a very consistent basis...so NO! What he was is not what he has to be going forward. "Making 80 in a row" in shooting drills is a necessary part to the progression. From there, most all of it is mental. Somebody needs to get them them past the mental barriers in their own heads. Built would not be the guy for that job. Not many are. And not many guys on a team can make 20 in a row from 3 in a drill at the college level....some teams will have none. IW, Jelly was probably one who could. His performance was all mental imo. Blast away...there is video of him doing similar. But in games he was 20% or whatever the number....that is mindset. Gabe's issue...Michael Hurt's issue....most guys barrier is mental.

Wild guess.... I bet Greenlee does ball handling drills better than Carr. Does not mean he is a better point guard.

I know you guys can't focus and just wanna be dinks...the discussion was whether Gach's shooting form was inferior. I don't/didn't believe it is.
Did not say he would make 3's at a Steph Curry rate, just that his release was similar in quickness.
i also pointed his shot was not flat and his finish was relatively high. That Curry brings the ball to his waist for rhythm.

And as to Builts comments what stats say Gach is... I improved shooting stats on a very consistent basis...so NO! What he was is not what he has to be going forward. "Making 80 in a row" in shooting drills is a necessary part to the progression. From there, most all of it is mental. Somebody needs to get them them past the mental barriers in their own heads. Built would not be the guy for that job. Not many are. And not many guys on a team can make 20 in a row from 3 in a drill at the college level....some teams will have none. IW, Jelly was probably one who could. His performance was all mental imo. Blast away...there is video of him doing similar. But in games he was 20% or whatever the number....that is mindset. Gabe's issue...Michael Hurt's issue....most guys barrier is mental.

Wild guess.... I bet Greenlee does ball handling drills better than Carr. Does not mean he is a better point guard.
It's all good! We knew what you meant. Just had to give you a hard time when both gach and Stephen curry are mentioned in the same sentence.

Of course i am not the guy for that job. He was never evaluated as a top end shooter. Never said he could not get up to 32%. Every shooter gets up tons of shots, that is part of it your right . But not everyone becomes a great shooter. I HOPE he comes here and shoots lights out. Great shooters, truly great do not stay in a mental block because they KNOW making them will come. No one is going to rate him as a great shooter at any level so far. As for Curry, he has a tremendous way of finding the basket in sight much quicker, from several angles and from much deeper. He knows when to shoot.

Gach shot a solid percentage in his freshman season (low volume) and shot well for a good chunk of his sophomore season. Realistically, I think if he were to be playing here, you could expect him to shoot 33-37 percent from the 3-point line. He's a decent shooter - not a sniper - but I tend to think that 30 percent number in his sophomore year is lower than it will be going forward.

Ultimately, Gach isn't a sought after transfer target because of whatever percentage he'll shoot from deep. Nobody is recruiting him hoping he's a 40 percent guy. He's a slasher and secondary playmaker first, then a potential long-range shot-maker plus pesky defender.

The video of him shooting does nothing when it comes to making me want the Gophers to secure his commitment more or less. Workout videos annoy me in nature.

Gach shot a solid percentage in his freshman season (low volume) and shot well for a good chunk of his sophomore season. Realistically, I think if he were to be playing here, you could expect him to shoot 33-37 percent from the 3-point line. He's a decent shooter - not a sniper - but I tend to think that 30 percent number in his sophomore year is lower than it will be going forward.

Ultimately, Gach isn't a sought after transfer target because of whatever percentage he'll shoot from deep. Nobody is recruiting him hoping he's a 40 percent guy. He's a slasher and secondary playmaker first, then a potential long-range shot-maker plus pesky defender.

The video of him shooting does nothing when it comes to making me want the Gophers to secure his commitment more or less. Workout videos annoy me in nature.
I agree! It's kind of funny how everytime were all talking about a recruit or transfer everyone looks at their 3 point percentage. That's not everyones game!

I agree! It's kind of funny how everytime were all talking about a recruit or transfer everyone looks at their 3 point percentage. That's not everyones game!
Already posted that it was likely he could help the team but that it would not likely to be from three point shooting. Increasing that accuracy in the Big 10 will be a mighty task. Want to see him raise his overall efficiency.

Already posted that it was likely he could help the team but that it would not likely to be from three point shooting. Increasing that accuracy in the Big 10 will be a mighty task. Want to see him raise his overall efficiency.
Yes! Also it's funny how everyone gets so excited about 33% and 38% but if you fire it 200 times it comes out to just 10 more 3 pointers a year. Not a whole lot more. Not too much of a difference.

Yes! Also it's funny how everyone gets so excited about 33% and 38% but if you fire it 200 times it comes out to just 10 more 3 pointers a year. Not a whole lot more. Not too much of a difference.

By that match, two guys making 5 percent more of their 3-pointers, the team scores 60 more points. How many more wins would the Gophers have had last year with 60 more points?

By that match, two guys making 5 percent more of their 3-pointers, the team scores 60 more points. How many more wins would the Gophers have had last year with 60 more points?
Yeah I get it, but you can also still shoot 33% and fire it more and get those 60 points. I get what your saying, but kalscheur can go 10 for 30 some night and score 40. I'm just saying difference isn't that much. Obviously numbers dont lie. I'd rather have the guy that shoots 38%, but that doesnt mean he will score more than the 33% shooter.

Yeah I get it, but you can also still shoot 33% and fire it more and get those 60 points. I get what your saying, but kalscheur can go 10 for 30 some night and score 40. I'm just saying difference isn't that much. Obviously numbers dont lie. I'd rather have the guy that shoots 38%, but that doesnt mean he will score more than the 33% shooter.
I really thought the tough thing about watching Gabe last year was how his shot selection faultered as his confidence did. Just struggling to stay focused and understanding of what is and isn't a good shot. I have no problem with Gabe shooting wide open 3s, which he also missed last year which was hard to see from him. I remember last year he had a possession where he missed an open 3, got a kick out for another open 3 from an O-board, missed that, then received another kick out for another open 3 and missed that. I consider Gabe a great shooter, but great shooters don't have that happen. I expect/hope for him to establish himself as that great shooter this year. When he's wide-open, it's down.

I really thought the tough thing about watching Gabe last year was how his shot selection faultered as his confidence did. Just struggling to stay focused and understanding of what is and isn't a good shot. I have no problem with Gabe shooting wide open 3s, which he also missed last year which was hard to see from him. I remember last year he had a possession where he missed an open 3, got a kick out for another open 3 from an O-board, missed that, then received another kick out for another open 3 and missed that. I consider Gabe a great shooter, but great shooters don't have that happen. I expect/hope for him to establish himself as that great shooter this year. When he's wide-open, it's down.
I agree. Have this feeling that last year was just a down year. Look for great things from the experienced confident gabe. Cant keep guys that work their butts off down for too long.

I hope Gabe shoots it better - if he's not shooting well, he's giving you nothing on the offensive end of the floor. Would like to see development in that area (getting to the paint, getting to the FT line, making plays) but I don't really see him ever being much more than a 3-and-D guy (which is valuable if he shoots 40 percent from the 3-point line).

I hope Gabe shoots it better - if he's not shooting well, he's giving you nothing on the offensive end of the floor. Would like to see development in that area (getting to the paint, getting to the FT line, making plays) but I don't really see him ever being much more than a 3-and-D guy (which is valuable if he shoots 40 percent from the 3-point line).
I think he will. Hopefully with an experienced roster we dont have to rely on him so much, but then again I'm hoping we get gach and hope him and robbins are eligible. If not we really need him to shoot better lol

Efficiency matters. The guy shooting less might be passing to a teammate who is shooting it better from 3 or others that are shooting 60 on 2's and drawing fouls.

Efficiency matters. The guy shooting less might be passing to a teammate who is shooting it better from 3 or others that are shooting 60 on 2's and drawing fouls.
Exactly. I mean we could do this for the next month. If we got 10 more rebounds a game, 10 more free throws, etc we would be a better team. Like I said if a guy is gonna shoot 40% from 3 and score 12 points or a guy is gonna score 27 and shoot 33% who ya taking?

Exactly. I mean we could do this for the next month. If we got 10 more rebounds a game, 10 more free throws, etc we would be a better team. Like I said if a guy is gonna shoot 40% from 3 and score 12 points or a guy is gonna score 27 and shoot 33% who ya taking?
Depends on how many shots they took, how many they created, how well they defended.

It’s fairly simple- in the less talented big ten basketball conf. The team that plays together the most/longest develops into a better team. Ryt now wi gets kids who stick around this = winning the conf. This team that mn is putting together won’t win a conference.

It’s fairly simple- in the less talented big ten basketball conf. The team that plays together the most/longest develops into a better team. Ryt now wi gets kids who stick around this = winning the conf. This team that mn is putting together won’t win a conference.
Way to go out on a limb. Yes, other than one of their guys(kobe king) taking off midseason the guys stick around at wisconsin. I guess. Alex Illakainen? Didnt he transfer? So other than the guys that transfer from there the others stay? Lol

Way to go out on a limb. Yes, other than one of their guys(kobe king) taking off midseason the guys stick around at wisconsin. I guess. Alex Illakainen? Didnt he transfer? So other than the guys that transfer from there the others stay? Lol
UW has had transfers and recruits that washed out, every program does. The difference is UW is so well coached, so well drilled, they really build balance for experience and they make use of the red shirt. UVA had transfers out and two nearly empty recruiting classes and still won huge and are poised to do it again. It is in the coaching. Our guy has to win now. Not .500 and 6th place. Hope our transfers are eligible and we see a lock down defense.

Let's relax at putting Wisconsin on such a high pedestal. We beat them by 20 at home and should've swept them at the Kohl Center. If we hadn't had our best player go the NBA and Curry get reinjured we would've been a much better team.

Let's relax at putting Wisconsin on such a high pedestal. We beat them by 20 at home and should've swept them at the Kohl Center. If we hadn't had our best player go the NBA and Curry get reinjured we would've been a much better team.
IF,BUT, COULD HAVE.

If the officiating had been a little better, Wisconsin would've won a title five years ago. Ifs, ands and buts are worth very little.

Wisconsin is very good and after we whooped em at home, they went on a tear. We didn't. I don't know about a high pedastal, but I'd consider them in the mix of three or four other teams as the favorite to win the league next year.

If the officiating had been a little better, Wisconsin would've won a title five years ago. Ifs, ands and buts are worth very little.

Wisconsin is very good and after we whooped em at home, they went on a tear. We didn't. I don't know about a high pedastal, but I'd consider them in the mix of three or four other teams as the favorite to win the league next year.
No pedestal from me, not necessary they won the conference. No worse than top 3 this year. Teams do not need awards from message boards if they won the conference. They have the hardware.

IF,BUT, COULD HAVE.
I knew you wouldn't like me reminding you how we throttled Bucky at home. And I'm just pointing out facts - Amir Coffey was 10x better than any player Wisconsin had this year. Who has Gard sent early to the NBA?

We were one usable player away from winning 6 more games in conference. Coffey would've made us a very very good team. Not even debatable. I don't understand how having a 9 man with a potential B1G candidate of the year versus a 7 man rotation wouldn't make us way better.

There was some questionable officiating in FAVOR of Wisconsin in the Final Four so that's a pretty bad example. Debatable if they should even have made the championship.

Top Bottom