Transfer list possibilities, Spring 2020

Looks like Oakland will have some available schollys.

A bit too early to think much about this now as there are only 193 names on the list and only about 30 players who likely are grad transfers. In three more weeks, there probably will be more than 300 players listed (maybe even 400). Eventually the list should get over 700.

Having said that, the most intriguing grad transfers look like Evan Cole of GA Tech and two guys from Columbia.

Our wish list might be starting center, a power forward, and or a big wing that can D up

A bit too early to think much about this now as there are only 193 names on the list and only about 30 players who likely are grad transfers. In three more weeks, there probably will be more than 300 players listed (maybe even 400). Eventually the list should get over 700.

Having said that, the most intriguing grad transfers look like Evan Cole of GA Tech and two guys from Columbia.
Towns from Harvard is a very good add and he is lining up visits.

Who's the junior college kid from Minnesota that has been coming to home games recently? I assume he's able to step in and play if Pitino is still around. Big If.

Last edited:

I'm confident Pitino can land another Demir.
We'll be replacing Oturu with a slightly taller version of Demir. The future is bright! Top 20 next year! :cool:

Who's the junior college kid from Minnesota that has been coming to home games recently? I assume he's able to step in and play if Pitino is still around. Big If.
Goodnews Kpegeol. Would have a shot to get some bench minutes.

Ah that's not great.

It'd be something. Transfer market is something to be active in, but is not always a guarantee. Any grad transfer we'd get should be expected to be that type. If we get more like a Marcus Carr then that sounds great. Also may see the transfers down this year if not as many coaches are fired.

This guy hasn't been mentioned yet: Mattias Markusson. He's a 7'3" 260 lb. center from Sweden who played at Loyola Marymount but redshirted this season. He would be a grad transfer. He did pretty well last year. Perhaps the second coming of Matz?

What does Hoiberg do that appeals to all these transfers?

He is pretty damn sharp, he offers playing experience, some players like the idea of playing for someone who played. Playing time in a power 6 conference, fan support.

This guy hasn't been mentioned yet: Mattias Markusson. He's a 7'3" 260 lb. center from Sweden who played at Loyola Marymount but redshirted this season. He would be a grad transfer. He did pretty well last year. Perhaps the second coming of Matz?
Is it odd that he played his first three years and then redshirted this year, or is it just me? It's not like LMU was loaded it anything, they went 11-21.

The only other C I've seen in the portal that would be immediately eligible is a guy transferring from Florida. Looks like he's been injured quite a bit. Gorjok Gak. Cool name at least.

Is it odd that he played his first three years and then redshirted this year, or is it just me? It's not like LMU was loaded it anything, they went 11-21.

The only other C I've seen in the portal that would be immediately eligible is a guy transferring from Florida. Looks like he's been injured quite a bit. Gorjok Gak. Cool name at least.

maybe he had an injury before the season.

I threw this guy out there as a guy who has been at Wright St for four years (redshirted first year), so should be able to grad transfer. If he wants to transfer. Seems like a solid player, so not sure why he wouldn't want to?

https://wsuraiders.com/sports/mens-basketball/roster/loudon-love/3640

16.3pts 9.7rb average per game this season. We could certainly use him next year, with Oturu likely leaving.

Top Bottom