Transfer list possibilities, Spring 2020

Mac McClung trimmed his list to seven. No surprise we were not on it. Rothstein also updated Gach interest. His twitter is a good follow. Really a stand of guy that loves college basketball.

Just saw on Rothstein's Twitter that Makale Foreman from Stony Brook has committed to Cal.

It seems like our focus now (in no particular order) is:

Gach
Mutaf
Bo Hodges

Just saw on Rothstein's Twitter that Makale Foreman from Stony Brook has committed to Cal.

Gach
Mutaf
Bo Hodges

Carr/Mashburn
Gabe/Mutaf
Gach/German KD/Williams
Johnson/Omersa
Robbins/Curry/Freeman
LET'S PLAY!

Carr/Mashburn
Gabe/Mutaf
Gach/German KD/Williams
Johnson/Omersa
Robbins/Curry/Freeman
LET'S PLAY!
Tre Williams is too good to be that deep on the bench. Would have to imagine he transfers if he's playing >10 minutes a game.

Tre Williams is too good to be that deep on the bench. Would have to imagine he transfers if he's playing >10 minutes a game.
Against this roster, he will have to find an identity. He needs to become a defensive stopper IMO to play a lot.

Yeah, imagine it's fluid. He may get minutes at the 2 as well or possibly get extra minutes at the 3 if German KD plays some at the 4. Will sort itself out but nice that it will have to be earned, not given.

Carr/Mashburn
Gabe/Mutaf
Gach/German KD/Williams
Johnson/Omersa
Robbins/Curry/Freeman
LET'S PLAY!
12 PLAY ! That mean at least 3 play less than 5 minutes. There will be a lot of unhappy players on that roster. I see 4 guys dividing 20 minutes. Agree, lets play ! I can not wait for actual games.

12 PLAY ! That mean at least 3 play less than 5 minutes. There will be a lot of unhappy players on that roster. I see 4 guys dividing 20 minutes. Agree, lets play ! I can not wait for actual games.
Mitchell would need to red shirt for sure. Too many mouths to feed.

Yup. He would transfer. He will get his 15-20 minutes somewhere.

Reduced to begging.

Begging? HAHAHA.

Gach has a huge chunk of the top programs in the country after him. So I guess we are "begging" just like Texas Tech and Auburn. Hilarious.

Also, Mutaf had good programs after him and we have made the final two.

Sounds like extended spring recruiting to me. After already landing two well-regarded transfers in Robbins and Johnson.

Maybe you and Les are just stuck in the old days of recruiting being over in November? Or maybe you just love to post inflammatory garbage on here?

Begging? HAHAHA.

Gach has a huge chunk of the top programs in the country after him. So I guess we are "begging" just like Texas Tech and Auburn. Hilarious.

Sounds like extended spring recruiting to me. After already landing two well-regarded transfers in Robbins and Johnson.

Maybe you and Les are just stuck in the old days of recruiting being over in November? Or maybe you just love to post inflammatory garbage on here?
you need to realize spaulding is a complete bozo

Carr/Mashburn
Gabe/Mutaf
Gach/German KD/Williams
Johnson/Omersa
Robbins/Curry/Freeman
LET'S PLAY!

Its early to be penciling in Ihnen at the 3. He has some skill there. But if a Tre Williams deserves clock, it may push Ihnen, at least with some minutes, to the 4, because a wing player like Williams deserves more clock than Omera (who ive been a big advocate for, but productivity means a lot)

Its early to be penciling in Ihnen at the 3. He has some skill there. But if a Tre Williams deserves clock, it may push Ihnen, at least with some minutes, to the 4, because a wing player like Williams deserves more clock than Omera (who ive been a big advocate for, but productivity means a lot)
I think ihnen will play both the 3 and 4.

Gach
Mutaf
Bo Hodges
We gotta take what we can get, but seems like not taking a big in case Robbins can't go, is risky?

Mitchell would need to red shirt for sure. Too many mouths to feed.

Actually trying to figure minutes out. I don't see how it would work unless some players redshirt.

Yeah, hard to find that sweet spot of correct number of contributing players.
2016-17 team was probably our best since final four team. That team played with seven players while Clem's final four team played with a longer bench.
In both cases it worked.

Yeah, I think some of the previous posts talking about Tre Williams having to transfer are CRAZY premature. The guy got regular minutes last year and was only a freshman. He looked solid at times and not at others, but lots of players make big jumps between freshman and sophomore years. He already looks physically ready and plays solid D. Give the kid a chance to develop before you write him off.

Yeah, I think some of the previous posts talking about Tre Williams having to transfer are CRAZY premature. The guy got regular minutes last year and was only a freshman. He looked solid at times and not at others, but lots of players make big jumps between freshman and sophomore years. He already looks physically ready and plays solid D. Give the kid a chance to develop before you write him off.

Count me as one who believes Williams to be an incredible worker and very cerebral. He will get better and he's the type of recruits we should continue to try to find. Wings who defend, work hard, good citizens, and he can also play a little bit too ;)

Begging? HAHAHA.

Yes, Robbins, Johnson, Gach, Mutaf would be good offseason collection of talent. They would replace the 3 contributing players we lost nicely, and maybe a little more than nicely.

Last edited:

Begging? HAHAHA.

Curious about the huge chunk of the nations top programs are after him. How many conference titles and final 4 teams have actually offered.

If the 'hometown intel' is correct and the Gophers secure a commitment from Gach. Add Mutaf and you've got the making of a halfway decent looking outfit (assuming the Gophers get some waiver luck)

If Robbins can't get a waiver but Gach can, I wonder if Pitino would consider deploying some small-ball lineups. Obviously you can't against everybody, but if you could steal like 8 minutes a game with Johnson as a small-ball center, you can play four guards (Carr, Mashburn, Kalscheur, Gach, Williams, Mutaf)

If the 'hometown intel' is correct and the Gophers secure a commitment from Gach. Add Mutaf and you've got the making of a halfway decent looking outfit (assuming the Gophers get some waiver luck)

If Robbins can't get a waiver but Gach can, I wonder if Pitino would consider deploying some small-ball lineups. Obviously you can't against everybody, but if you could steal like 8 minutes a game with Johnson as a small-ball center, you can play four guards (Carr, Mashburn, Kalscheur, Gach, Williams, Mutaf)
I can see that as the roster has some versitility

Curious about the huge chunk of the nations top programs are after him. How many conference titles and final 4 teams have actually offered.

I'm going off the list of teams that are interested from Twitter, but I'm pretty sure I just mentioned two of the Final Four teams from the last one that was actually played. Also, you should definitely have "conference titles" on your gravestone when your time comes. You absolutely LOVE saying "conference titles".

As for the answer to your question, I could really care less. I know that a good number of perennial Top 25 teams are interested in Gach. My point stands

Don't even want to think about Robbins being denied. Just can't happen. Chances of a successful gopher season would be pretty much down the tubes.
But yeah, agree that small ball would have to be tried.

I'm going off the list of teams that are interested from Twitter, but I'm pretty sure I just mentioned two of the Final Four teams from the last one that was actually played. Also, you should definitely have "conference titles" on your gravestone when your time comes. You absolutely LOVE saying "conference titles".

As for the answer to your question, I could really care less. I know that a good number of perennial Top 25 teams are interested in Gach. My point stands
Was curious by the huge chunk of top programs when the best two you named have been to one final 4 each and grabbed one conference title in more than a generation. That does not yet qualify for top program status and certainly not a huge chunk. Was not even aware that those programs even have a offer on the table today. None of that means that he will not help here.

Top Bottom