Spring Practice Observations

Which I have said from the start as well. Check my posts. I only got into this discussion because I made a comment wondering when Kill will (finally) go away (again) and I was told that it was the dumbest post ever. Hell, I've made many posts that are dumber than that. I don't think Kill being there is a big deal (I don't think it helps either), but the whole situation of him popping up at practice, on the radio, etc. is starting to feel like Brett Favre "retiring".

Bert retired?

TC said DC11 was ahead of SG17, but that it doesn't mean anything until Fall. So, yeah, pretty much no news.

Do you ever look up a players number just so you can write it that way? Just curious.

I hope Croft bulks up a bit more over the summer. It may just be his frame, but he stilll looks pretty thin next to most of the other players on the field IMO. I think all our QBs should do lifting and what not together over the summer. That's just my completely uneducated about football, seeing Croft from afar opinion though. If our OL improves I won't worry as much, since there will be less of a chance our QBs get decked by a missed block.

Do you ever look up a players number just so you can write it that way? Just curious.

Whenever I see it I think of how my 13 year old daughter would text about football with her besties, if she was into football. It's the football equivalent of dotting your I's with a heart.

Whenever I see it I think of how my 13 year old daughter would text about football with her besties, if she was into football. It's the football equivalent of dotting your I's with a heart.

Perfect. Gopherhole is full of my besties.
xoxo

Has spring practice information been classified?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I get what Spoofin is saying about Kill. He could be a distraction. As much as we consider him a gritty old school coach he craves the limelight. I'm not being critical just pointing out that Kill is very extroverted. If he goes to practice now and then and comes to the games, fine. If he is on Sid and Dave every Sunday morning then you have to wonder.

So we're about 5, 6 practices in and the best observation is that Kill may/may not be a distraction and when talking about players, spell their whole name... or not. Opposing defensive coordinators are going to be taken completely by surprise, with our new mystery offence!

So we're about 5, 6 practices in and the best observation is that Kill may/may not be a distraction and when talking about players, spell their whole name... or not. Opposing defensive coordinators are going to be taken completely by surprise, with our new mystery offence!

You do realize that Spring practice is on a break, right. No practice from March 10-22. So, it's a little hard to post new observations when there's nothing to observe. "Well, the grass on the practice field is turning green."
Practice resumes on the 22nd, with 9 practices left before the spring game. Of those 9 practices, 5 are open to the public.
Spring game Saturday, April 9th. I bet one or two people might even have some observations to post after that.

Don't worry - every off-target throw and dropped pass will be analyzed and over-analyzed by everyone on the board.

You do realize that Spring practice is on a break, right. No practice from March 10-22. So, it's a little hard to post new observations when there's nothing to observe. "Well, the grass on the practice field is turning green."
Practice resumes on the 22nd, with 9 practices left before the spring game. Of those 9 practices, 5 are open to the public.
Spring game Saturday, April 9th. I bet one or two people might even have some observations to post after that.

Don't worry - every off-target throw and dropped pass will be analyzed and over-analyzed by everyone on the board.
Oh, I realize that. But I figured there would be SOMETHING... In the information age, I just assumed some info would get leaked out. Don't get me wrong, I love the witty banter as much as the the next guy. Guess I'm just jonzin' for the skinny on the team.

Oh, I realize that. But I figured there would be SOMETHING... In the information age, I just assumed some info would get leaked out. Don't get me wrong, I love the witty banter as much as the the next guy. Guess I'm just jonzin' for the skinny on the team.

I'm with you, Lord. I know there have only been one or two open practices, but we've always had a number of people who attended and provided reports. I look forward to that.

That would be the biggest information broken yet on this year's spring practice.

What you are seeking can be found at Gopher Digest but you have to pay for it.

I have not seen this posted anywhere else (of course, I may have missed it), here is the spring football schedule:
http://www.gophersports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/020316aac.html

Minnesota Football Spring Practice Dates

March 24 at 3:45 p.m. -- Practice 7, Gibson-Nagurski Football Complex (Open to the public and media)
March 26 at 9:45 a.m. -- Practice 8, Gibson-Nagurski Football Complex (Open to the public and media)
March 29 -- Practice 9 (Closed to the public and media)
March 31 at 3:45 p.m. -- Practice 10, Gibson-Nagurski Football Complex (Open to the public and media)
April 2 at 11 a.m. -- Practice 11, Gibson-Nagurski Football Complex (Open to the public and media)
April 5 -- Practice 12 (Closed to the public and media)
April 7 at 3:45 p.m. -- Practice 13, Gibson-Nagurski Football Complex (Open to the public and media)
April 8 -- Practice 14 (Closed to the public and media)
April 9 at 12:45 p.m. -- Spring Game, TCF Bank Stadium
All dates, locations and availability are subject to change

Just bumping the schedule since there are a couple open practices this week.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Swavel seems legit. I could play/work with him based on the way he talks to those players. Nothing stupid, simplistic approach.

I saw a tweet where Johnson was praising Seth's mental capabilities. I feel I have heard this song before. Would much rather have him praising his athletic capabilities.

Top Bottom