Spring Practice Observations

But wait...he seems to through the ever coveted spiral.

I know they are working on his mechanics and that should help. The first thing they need to do is to get him to throw the ball instead of through the ball.:rolleyes:

Hey, I just call em like I see em. I didn't state say that Green can't be a good QB, believe me, I am rooting for him, but his mechanics need work, even Claeys said so yesterday during his radio show. And, since I was a PGA Professional for over 20 years, I won't even comment about the idiots making reference to releasing a football versus a Tour Player's impact position.

Idiot is pretty strong...lighten up...guess you missed the tongue-in-cheek nature of the comments.

Vincent Calhoun, HOLY COW! I hardly know you, and I already love you! You had me at 0:06!

Any GHers attend practice today? Thoughts?

I know they are working on his mechanics and that should help. The first thing they need to do is to get him to throw the ball instead of through the ball.:rolleyes:

I guess I'm threw posting here after that gaffe!! :eek:

I guess I'm threw posting here after that gaffe!! :eek:

Grammar is very important in the GH to some. I once got a 2 paragraph definition on then vs than. I'm still trying to deal with the shame. Good luck to you with yours.

Grammar is very important in the GH to some. I once got a 2 paragraph definition on then vs than. I'm still trying to deal with the shame. Good luck to you with yours.

Yep...people like that are usually the ones that slap their kids hand if they pick up the wrong fork at dinner.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

"• Former coach Jerry Kill attended practice while in town to speak for an epilepsy cause. He looked fit, having lost 14 pounds. He said he’s done some recent consulting for TCU and Iowa State’s football teams."

Hey, I just call em like I see em. I didn't state say that Green can't be a good QB, believe me, I am rooting for him, but his mechanics need work, even Claeys said so yesterday during his radio show. And, since I was a PGA Professional for over 20 years, I won't even comment about the idiots making reference to releasing a football versus a Tour Player's impact position.

Lighten, bud. I think even you, as a highly touted PGA professional, could understand the correlation here. The point was that you CAN succeed at things (sports) even when you don't have textbook technique. Aka Philip Rivers, Ichiro, Bubba Watson etc.

"• Former coach Jerry Kill attended practice while in town to speak for an epilepsy cause. He looked fit, having lost 14 pounds. He said he’s done some recent consulting for TCU and Iowa State’s football teams."

At what point can we get him to just stay away?

At what point can we get him to just stay away?

JK will not return if Claeys gets 4 wins in 2016 and gets canned. Unlike Kill, Claeys has options for QB and Claeys isn't gonna let one position get him fired.

Are you still going to post then? According to my wife's Norwegian family "then" can be used as punctuation on almost any sentence... then.

Are you still going to post then? According to my wife's Norwegian family "then" can be used as punctuation on almost any sentence... then.

It's not "then"...it's dare den. Dontcha know?

Lefse is better than ludefisk. But, then you can't do without the latter.

Any swing tips for the masses?

Any swing tips for the masses?

Ha, hard to speak to the masses when the golf swing is really owned by the individual. I think one of the best things a golfer can learn is to hit the little ball before the big ball. It's a very contrarian concept, but all the best ball strikers contact the ball first and then the lowest part of the swing happens and thus a divot into the earth, or big ball. At impact the weight is on the front foot, just like almost anything you would do athletically, throw a ball, a forehand in tennis, throwing a punch all transfer weight to the front foot, so don't be a back foot Charlie and hit up on the ball. Make a descending blow and let the loft of the club hurl the ball in the air. Good Luck and I hope you are playing a lot of golf soon.

No kidding. All these "fans" that renew their tickets can't even bother to go to a practice. Hypocrites.

You need to make a "donation" to them before they will share practice info.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Since nobody has any spring practice observations, here's a day 5 video.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/3kAWHp3R3Zo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Top Bottom