Reid Travis Picks Stanford Over U

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have made a 1 tweet exception to my disgust for Fat Pat. When Reid verbals the U needs to negotiate an iron clad no escape lifetime extension to Pitino's contract. Reid will be a program changer and will open the recruiting floodgate. After he verbals Macura needs to reconsider.

I have made a 1 tweet exception to my disgust for Fat Pat. When Reid verbals the U needs to negotiate an iron clad no escape lifetime extension to Pitino's contract. Reid will be a program changer and will open the recruiting floodgate. After he verbals Macura needs to reconsider.

Screw Macura. What Travis' hopeful recruitment will do is grease the skids for both Jarvis Johnson and Henry Ellenson. Meanwhile J.P. can get his private school education and observe from that distance.

Screw Macura. What Travis' hopeful recruitment will do is grease the skids for both Jarvis Johnson and Henry Ellenson. Meanwhile J.P. can get his private school education and observe from that distance.

FWIW, Macura is supposed to be an absolute d*ck to his teammates behind the scenes. We don't need someone like that messing with what we could have going in the coming years.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>We haven't seen this much excitement & anticipation for a recruits announcement (<a href="https://twitter.com/Reid_Travis_22">@Reid_Travis_22</a> on Fri) since Rick Rickert in 2000 <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Gophers&src=hash">#Gophers</a></p>— GopherHole.com (@GopherHole) <a href="https://twitter.com/GopherHole/statuses/398464105713242112">November 7, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Winslow is visiting Stanford... 6'6 SF I dont think it has any impact on Travis either way but figured it was worth noting

Agreed, completely. Macura isn't a good enough prospect to allow him to come crawling back. I mean, if Rashad or Tyus committed elsewhere and wanted to reconsider, that'd be one thing. But Macura? Naw, thanks, dude. Have fun at Drake, or wherever you ended up.

Browsing some of the Duke forums makes want Reid even more. A good number of Duke fans think he's really going to be good. I know we all think he's going to be really good as well, but hearing that from a fan base that routinely recruits 5 and 4 stars makes me even more excited for what Reid could mean for this program.

I was just searching twitter last night about Reid, then Morris, then Mason - just keeping my ampedness going. Sounds like they really got a good one in Mason too. Throughout the process, lots of big teams were in on him. Marquette, Clemson, Kansas St, Memphis, Virginia, Butler, Vanderbilt and even had some interest from Kansas. He, Martin and Reid would be a helluva, helluva haul for Richard's first true class. Here's hoping!

I think the spot J.P. could have had went to Carlos Morris. I don't see any way J.P. changes his commitment. I think that ship sailed.

Yes! This can only help with getting Jarvis here too (if Reid stays home).

Just for the record, all I meant by this...
Who is this Macura you guys speak of?
...was that I don't care about players that end up at other schools. I'm only concerned with players that want to be at Minnesota. Another example is that I will not be cheering for Tyus whereever he ends up. He, along with Macura, will just become a couple of basketball players I have heard of before. I won't feel any connection good/bad to them.

Just for the record, all I meant by this...

...was that I don't care about players that end up at other schools. I'm only concerned with players that want to be at Minnesota. Another example is that I will not be cheering for Tyus whereever he ends up. He, along with Macura, will just become a couple of basketball players I have heard of before. I won't feel any connection good/bad to them.

+1

I was just searching twitter last night about Reid, then Morris, then Mason - just keeping my ampedness going. Sounds like they really got a good one in Mason too. Throughout the process, lots of big teams were in on him. Marquette, Clemson, Kansas St, Memphis, Virginia, Butler, Vanderbilt and even had some interest from Kansas. He, Martin and Reid would be a helluva, helluva haul for Richard's first true class. Here's hoping!

Totally agree InfraRen! I still count Martin as a top 100 guy (stupid ESPN dropping him to a 2 star for no reason), Mason & Morris both look like they can be very good, throw in Travis & that's a great first class in only 6 months time! Imagine what he can do in a year & 6 months time... Here's hoping!

The thing about Reid is he was a football quarterback. That just says something to me about his skill, his drive, his grit and his leadership. This guy is special, you could see that his sophomore year. He is going to be a major cog right away as Pitino leads this team to heights that Tyus may envy.

The thing about Reid is he was a football quarterback. That just says something to me about his skill, his drive, his grit and his leadership. This guy is special, you could see that his sophomore year.

What really exemplifies this is that with all of his athletic ability, it seems he has been basing a lot of his decision-making on academics. I really respect that.

Crazy post.... Lifetime contract ZERO chance, and Guess What! No More Schollys for JP so he is not changing his mind.

So will Reid's Announcement be on TV anywhere?? Or do I just have to follow it on twitter?

Crazy post.... Lifetime contract ZERO chance, and Guess What! No More Schollys for JP so he is not changing his mind.

I think Diehard was being a bit facetious when he said "lifetime extension" as opposed to literal... But hell, if Pitino can land Travis on Friday after being here only 6 months, maybe a lifetime contract is in order? :clap:

If the rumors are true about Jarvis Johnson being in Reid's ear telling him to pick the Gophers I have to believe this is essentially a package deal if Reid picks the U. Such a huge, huge day for the program tomorrow.

If the rumors are true about Jarvis Johnson being in Reid's ear telling him to pick the Gophers I have to believe this is essentially a package deal if Reid picks the U. Such a huge, huge day for the program tomorrow.

Not only does it appear to help us with Jarvis but also with Henry... Such a huge, huge day for the program tmrw for sure!!!

Other than that pic of Henry and Reid on the plane together, is there any other evidence that they are close?

where are the rumors that Jarvis Johnson is telling Reid to go to the U coming from? I haven't heard/read anything about that

where are the rumors that Jarvis Johnson is telling Reid to go to the U coming from? I haven't heard/read anything about that

Exactly. And no offense to Jarvis, but I highly doubt that plays into Reid's decision. He seems like an incredibly smart kid that will make the decision that's best for him...period.

Other than that pic of Henry and Reid on the plane together, is there any other evidence that they are close?

No not really, besides maybe Henrys mom talking to him at the game the other day... More of just a feeling

GopherDude
I think Diehard was being a bit facetious when he said "lifetime extension" as opposed to literal... But hell, if Pitino can land Travis on Friday after being here only 6 months, maybe a lifetime contract is in order? :clap:

Perhaps The Brain Trust is Fat Pat? You are much brighter than The Brain Trust.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom