Reid Travis Picks Stanford Over U

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be a nice signature sell job if R. Travis signs with Richie P. We need 6'7"-6'8" kids that can shoot the rock but he would still be a great addition in '14. Crossing my fingers!

I warned my co-pilot that I may derail our train if Reid doesn't commit to the U. I was joking of course, but deep inside I don't know if I would or not.

It's hard to hold back my excitement... if reid commits it would be so hard for Jarvis to say no to the gophers the following year with reid in his ear and ben Johnson in his ear...

Reid travis is a program changer in many ways.

I was thinking: Since Reusse started calling Jerry Kill "Country Jer" I think it would be fitting and appropriate to start calling him "Homeless Pat".

He's not homeless. He came from Fulda, Minn in the 60's. For fifty years, he has consisently demonstrated dishonesty, lazyness, a slovenly attitude, and totaly undeserved judgemental aloofness that is an embareassment to any rural Minnesotan of his era.

Just sayin!

Anybody here plan on going to the announcement tomorrow??

There's no way someone like him could know if Reid succumbed to family pressure - could he? Where's Fawkes? Put up the bat signal!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/SKOORB_SIWEL">@SKOORB_SIWEL</a> Basically. Been hearing mostly Minnesota and Stanford for a couple weeks now, still going back and forth.</p>— Jeff Borzello (@jeffborzello) <a href="https://twitter.com/jeffborzello/statuses/398624895808327680">November 8, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Borzello might be just taking a gamble to try and improve his correct percentage position among all the other crystal ball guessers. If you guess the same team as most everyone else, nothing is gained.

Ya know....like when you pick the Vikings to win even though everyone else in your fantasy football league picks them to lose. :)

So basically Borzello is guessing. I'm not worried.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/SKOORB_SIWEL">@SKOORB_SIWEL</a> Basically. Been hearing mostly Minnesota and Stanford for a couple weeks now, still going back and forth.</p>— Jeff Borzello (@jeffborzello) <a href="https://twitter.com/jeffborzello/statuses/398624895808327680">November 8, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
so he has no clue?

Borzello might be just taking a gamble to try and improve his correct percentage among all the other crystal ball guessers. If you guess the same team as most everyone else, nothing is gained.

Ya know....like when you pick the Vikings to win even though everyone else in your fantasy football league picks them to lose. :)

I really do think that's what's going on here.

I'm surprised this didn't happen earlier. I figured when it started sounding more and more like Duke there'd be a pretty good swing to Stanford. I'm expecting to see a bit more Stanford guesses before they lock the Crystal Ball, whenever they do that.

I'm surprised this didn't happen earlier. I figured when it started sounding more and more like Duke there'd be a pretty good swing to Stanford. I'm expecting to see a bit more Stanford guesses before they lock the Crystal Ball, whenever they do that.

5 minutes after the decision.

PiPress: Reid Travis to decide Friday; Minnesota appears the favorite

"I think it would be big on a lot of levels," Rivals.com national recruiting analyst Eric Bossi said. "It proves that they could beat some big-name programs for a big-time talent. No one really thought before that they had a chance to get any of those 'Big Three' guys (including Apple Valley point guard Tyus Jones and former Cooper shooting guard Rashad Vaughn).

"To kind of come from behind and get a guy who talks that academics really matter, it's kind of big on all fronts. You sold the basketball program, and you sold the (university) that they could compete nationally."

"He would not only be a foundation piece," Bossi said of Travis, "he'd be like a showpiece."

Pulley had Travis, White and Humphries in his program.

"Kris Humphries couldn't do what Reid can do at the same stage as far as bringing the ball down the floor," Pulley said. "He has a consistent jump shot. He has the same explosiveness around the basket."

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci...rce=rss&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Go Gophers!!

I could not agree more with this article...on all fronts. It bugs me that I'm so excited and nervous.

Reid would be the highest ranked recruit since when?

At #23 on espn I believe he is higher ranked than Royce and Rodney were.

T-minus 18 hours 27 minutes before we hopefully hear that Reid wants to be a GOLDEN gopher!

Reid would be the highest ranked recruit since when?

At #23 on espn I believe he is higher ranked than Royce and Rodney were.

I think Royce was higher. If not, then it would be Rickert, and before him Pryzbilla.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom