Reid Travis Picks Stanford Over U

Status
Not open for further replies.

If Reid commits to the U, does he call Rashad Friday night and tell him to jump with him?

If Reid commits to the U, does he call Rashad Friday night and tell him to jump with him?

I don't want to get ahead of myself, but just ONE of the big three would be a sensational haul for Pitino, and two would set the program up for one of the best seasons in school history.

Yeah, definitely not thinking we'll get 2. Getting just Reid would be huge. Add in Martin as a "big" signing and sprinkling in Morris/Mason and I'd say it's a standing O for Young Pitino's first real class.

So if Reid does commit to Mn that will fill up the number of open scholarships we presently have.
I'm sure if Rashad decides to come to Mn a scholarship would 'open up'. My question is, will Pitino keep recruiting other players if the scholarships are full?

would it be NCAA legal for him to announce at half-time Friday, right on the court? No Red Panda to entertain us, let's have a top 25 signing every home game

So if Reid does commit to Mn that will fill up the number of open scholarships we presently have.
I'm sure if Rashad decides to come to Mn a scholarship would 'open up'. My question is, will Pitino keep recruiting other players if the scholarships are full?

My guess is he'll continue recruiting Vaughn for the 2014 class, but strictly focus on 2015 besides that.

I wish there were like 50 posts per day in this thread. I've come back like 20 times already to check. MOARRRRRRR

I'm sure if Rashad decides to come to Mn a scholarship would 'open up'. My question is, will Pitino keep recruiting other players if the scholarships are full?[/QUOTE]

Yes, he will. We probably won't go to the dance this year. Guessimate what the line-up will look like in 2014/2015 and our chances to go dancing. Coach P. and staff are not done recruiting for the class of 2013. I'm certain one more scholarship will become available, and possibly two.

I wish there were like 50 posts per day in this thread. I've come back like 20 times already to check. MOARRRRRRR

I agree. I wish the mods could shut down all the other threads so everyone is forced to talk about Reid Travis until Friday!

I agree. I wish the mods could shut down all the other threads so everyone is forced to talk about Reid Travis until Friday!

Seriously though, the only thread that matters for the next few days is this thread!! Anyone going to DLS for the announcement?? I may fly home from the east coast for this weekend - Travis Announcement, Bball Opener & Football game... What a great weekend this could be!!!

burton, I can't even talk about myself for 2 straight days, let alone someone else. Good idea though.

he was at the Concordia game.. gotta be a Minnie lock.

if you are going elsewhere, you dont show up at a home game three days before announcing.. and you announce mid-week when the Gophers have a bye... ( tyus ).

Please add to this but signs that GHers should have great hope that Travis will commit to Minny on Friday

1) Last Official Visit
2) Last Unofficial Visit (exhibition against Concordia)
3) Shadowing classes ?
4) Girlfriend attends Minnesota
5) 64% of experts (all of them in the past 8 or 9 days) on 24/7 have picked Minnesota
6) Announcement Open to the Public on Friday (why make it open to everyone in Minnesota)
7) Talk of Stanford Coach being on the hot seat & also rumors of Coach K call on Sunday night had Travis inform coach K he will not be attending Duke (Obviously just rumors)

Why give Minny last Official, Unofficial, Shadow classes & make announcement open to public... if you're going to break the home-states heart?... Just random thoughts not trying to Jinx anything!

Seriously though, the only thread that matters for the next few days is this thread!! Anyone going to DLS for the announcement?? I may fly home from the east coast for this weekend - Travis Announcement, Bball Opener & Football game... What a great weekend this could be!!!

I might try to sneak out of the office early and head to DLS. Are they just going to let random people into the gym though?

I might try to sneak out of the office early and head to DLS. Are they just going to let random people into the gym though?

I'm not sure. I was under the impression that by "open to the public" that's what they meant. Didn't he tweet something like for anyone who wants to come its at 3:30 at DLS open to the public? Maybe we can't just stroll in, I'm not sure... I'm young so maybe I can pretend to be a student or something

I'm not sure. I was under the impression that by "open to the public" that's what they meant. Didn't he tweet something like for anyone who wants to come its at 3:30 at DLS open to the public? Maybe we can't just stroll in, I'm not sure... I'm young so maybe I can pretend to be a student or something

If he puts on a duke hat and your there you better flick that thing off his head and double barrel #1 him.... Or else don't show your face at GH.... For real

The DLS gym needs to be packed by 2:30 with Maroon and Gold clad Gopher fans for a Gopher/Reid pepfest!!! Just let him try to commit elsewhere! This promises to be a great day for us.

Sorry for not posting on here last night, I was super tired when I got home and just went straight to bed, anyways, "my source" says that the family has laid off the stanford talk, and want Reid to pick the school that he personally is most comfortable with, and everyone in the family believes that Minnesota is that school. He is not made his decision final to the family yet, but the family believes he had made up his mind over the weekend to attend Minnesota from discussions they have had with him, and the parents encouraged him to shadow some classes at the business school. The family is hesitant to talk to the media about which school he is leaning or eliminating schools because they want reid to have his moment on friday, but him wanting to go to Minnesota is like the "elephant in the room" in the Travis family.

When asked why Minnesota, I was told number 1 factor was he just just feels comfortable there. The U made him feel welcomed for years, He has gotten to know a lot of the administration there over years and developed a good relationship with them. He has been really impressed by what he has seen at the practice sessions he has attended at Minnesota, and feels like the coaching staff will make him into a better player. But the ultimate reason he says, was current players, and future players (2014 commits) reaching out to him, and making him feel wanted.

He also said that Duke's downfall was ultimately how late they got into the process.

Oh, I missed that tweet. I can probably pull of the student look too if need be, haha.

Sorry for not posting on here last night, I was super tired when I got home and just went straight to bed, anyways, "my source" says that the family has laid off the stanford talk, and want Reid to pick the school that he personally is most comfortable with, and everyone in the family believes that Minnesota is that school. He is not made his decision final to the family yet, but the family believes he had made up his mind over the weekend to attend Minnesota from discussions they have had with him, and the parents encouraged him to shadow some classes at the business school. The family is hesitant to talk to the media about which school he is leaning or eliminating schools because they want reid to have his moment on friday, but him wanting to go to Minnesota is like the "elephant in the room" in the Travis family.

When asked why Minnesota, I was told number 1 factor was he just just feels comfortable there. The U made him feel welcomed for years, He has gotten to know a lot of the administration there over years and developed a good relationship with them. He has been really impressed by what he has seen at the practice sessions he has attended at Minnesota, and feels like the coaching staff will make him into a better player. But the ultimate reason he says, was current players, and future players (2014 commits) reaching out to him, and making him feel wanted.

He also said that Duke's downfall was ultimately how late they got into the process.

This is fantastic. Hoping your source has been hearing the truth!

I must say though, it is weird that not ONE person on 24/7 has Stanford as their pick.

GopherDude, that's a great compilation!

Thanks InfraRen, just trying to make discussions on here so I can talk about Reid all day haha!

I just don't see why there would be all those positive signs for him to commit to Minnesota on Friday and have him not do it... It just wouldn't add up!! #dontbreakmyheartreid

Thanks InfraRen, just trying to make discussions on here so I can talk about Reid all day haha!

I just don't see why there would be all those positive signs for him to commit to Minnesota on Friday and have him not do it... It just wouldn't add up!! #dontbreakmyheartreid

Agree. And from 24/7 and doing Twitter searches of Duke bloggers, lots of them seem to think it's MN too.

I did a Twitter search for "Reid Travis" and I saw this tweet. :clap:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Legalize prostitution 2014. Travis Reid for president</p>— Wile E. Coyote (@kidnamedtrav1) <a href="https://twitter.com/kidnamedtrav1/statuses/398123065949040640">November 6, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom