Oy - Police investigate case involving four suspended Gophers players

I was semi joking. The NCAA is pretty random in their punishments. Sometimes it looks like one school gets off while another gets severely punished in their place.

UNC had fake classes, they taught nothing, to keep players eligible. They've admitted it and everything. NCAA has not done anything....
On this note the NCAA had no problem dropping the hammer on Coastal Carolina

On this note the NCAA had no problem dropping the hammer on Coastal Carolina

What was the story there?

I can't find anything other than some golf investigation that didn't seem at all like this.

This am the St Paul newspaper mentions the Gopher players being involved in a police investigation of an alleged sexual assault.
Note, I wrote involved in the investigation not the assult.

This am the St Paul newspaper mentions the Gopher players being involved in a police investigation of an alleged sexual assault.
Note, I wrote involved in the investigation not the assault.

That is a key point. No one has been arrested. Let's wait and see what happens. They might have just been at the wrong place at the wrong time.

Note, I wrote involved in the investigation not the assult.

Here is hoping none of them were directly involved but some asshat who knew them was / sent pics (for some reason that seems to happen....) and the cops are checking everyone.

I can't find anything other than some golf investigation that didn't seem at all like this.
Coastal Carolina had about half the team use extra scholarship book money on non approved purchases like apparel, food and such.... suspended them all....

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

20 kids got rung up for using scholarship money at the bookstore but not in books or class supplies. Thier whole OL missed the last game against Free $hoe University.

Coastal Carolina had about half the team use extra scholarship book money on non approved purchases like apparel, food and such.... suspended them all....

20 kids got rung up for using scholarship money at the bookstore but not in books or class supplies. Thier whole OL missed the last game against Free $hoe University.

Wasn't that Charleston Southern (not Coastal Carolina)?

IDK.... IDC.....

Ryan Burns sounded like he was leaning towards this not being a big deal on his podcast. Definitely wasn't sure either way, but was leaning towards this not being a big deal.

That wasn't Coastal Carolina... and the school issued that punishment not the NCAA.

And that's nothing like this case.....

You're thinking of Charleston Southern

Ryan Burns sounded like he was leaning towards this not being a big deal on his podcast. Definitely wasn't sure either way, but was leaning towards this not being a big deal.
I hope this is correct and regardless I'm hoping some sort of lesson learned here as to what not to do. If they are 100% innocent then I feel bad for the four guys who got their names dragged in the mud.

The best outcome is that these guys and the whole team gets scared straight for the rest of their lives.

I would assume since he was not sure you should pretty much ignore the input at this point.

Nice! That's a great sign. Kudos to Urban Meyer for putting something up like that, that they see everyday. Just listened to Burns on the podcast as well and he said that everything he's heard up to the podcast point (Monday night) is the opposite of them getting charged. He also couldn't understand why the Pioneer Press came out with the sexual assault and the players names when they haven't been charged with any crime. Said that if they had nothing to do with it, when you google their names this incident will always come up for the rest of their lives. Also said if they are charged you can bet they are done at that point as swiftly as you can imagine. Expects we'll know either way by the end of this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I heard it was consensual, and it's looking like they will not be charged (which changed from 2 days ago).

It's always such a sensitive topic with alcohol involved, being able to give consent, etc.

I've refrained from posting on this (as I do many topics) so you don't kill the messenger, so please don't. My sources are usually pretty solid, but as in every case, as new info gets uncovered, things change.

Friends don't let friends...

I heard it was consensual, and it's looking like they will not be charged (which changed from 2 days ago).

It's always such a sensitive topic with alcohol involved, being able to give consent, etc.

I've refrained from posting on this (as I do many topics) so you don't kill the messenger, so please don't. My sources are usually pretty solid, but as in every case, as new info gets uncovered, things change.

Maybe the Gophers were too drunk to give consent.

Told my son that he needs to follow the one wiener rule: "When you are with a girl, there should be only one weiner in the room---yours. Anything else lead to trouble."

Told my son that he needs to follow the one wiener rule: "When you are with a girl, there should be only one weiner in the room---yours. Anything else lead to trouble."

That's a good lesson but you might want to include any wieners waiting outside as well!

Worked out well for many.....

I'm surprised at how fast some on this thread degenerated to silly, tasteless sophomoric jokes.

Top Bottom