Oy - Police investigate case involving four suspended Gophers players

You can bet if these were Viking players:
A. They would be allowed to practice and play
B. The investigation would be a top priority because, well, they're : The Little Darlings'"

Are you arguing they should be practicing and playing?

The old double standard dpodoll. If this was a Viking incident it would be first and foremost to get resolved.

If a Viking was traveling to St. Cloud and a Gopher to Detroit.... would the Viking be there already because he's a Viking?

Nope...The NFL believes it's bigger than any law enforcement agency. Look at the past history of Viking players in trouble.

The last I checked the Vikings future HOF running back sat out an entire year until his legal issues were resolved.

Nope...The NFL believes it's bigger than any law enforcement agency. Look at the past history of Viking players in trouble.

If they are stars in the NFL...guys down the roster pretty much get cut loose at the first sniff of trouble.

What evidence do you have that this isn't first and foremost to get resolved?

Look at the time frame dpodoll. Henn. County is sitting on their ass.They have had more than enough time to issue charges, or for the players to be exonerated. My friend is a special investigator for Anoka County. He is trying to find out some information on the case.

Look at the time frame dpodoll. Henn. County is sitting on their ass.They have had more than enough time to issue charges, or for the players to be exonerated. My friend is a special investigator for Anoka County. He is trying to find out some information on the case.
I've read that the County Attorneys Office, hasn't received the file, so how can they be sitting on there ass? Investigations take time, prosecution decisions don't, they either file charges, drop the case or return it for further investigation.

The last I checked the Vikings future HOF running back sat out an entire year until his legal issues were resolved.

And Koren Robinson was kicked off the team after getting busted for speeding. I'm sure ruppert can provide several specific counterexamples, however. :rolleyes:

Quote Originally Posted by beavergopher View Post Champagne glass head. I was at that game. beavergopher;1248630 said:
So was I. Remember the gasp from the crowd? What an idiot.

I don't remember this. What happened?

I don't remember this. What happened?

Obviously you don't realize what suffering really means. Maybe #3 if you were to rank traumatic experiences for the program with this chain of events.

The most traumatic events for the university began last year when Mitch Lee, one of the stars of the Minnesota Gopher`s basketball team, was charged by a student with rape. A trial ended in January with Lee being found not guilty. He showed up at a basketball game a short time later with a haircut in the image of a champagne glass.

Basketball coach Jim Dutcher made Lee shave it off before allowing him onto the court.

Then, only 10 days later, while boarding a plane in Madison, Wis., after a Big 10 game with the Badgers, Lee and two other members of the Gopher basketball team were arrested by Wisconsin police on charges of repeatedly raping a woman in a hotel room the night before.

Keller was furious and threatened to cancel the remainder of the season. He ordered the team to forfeit its next game, which was against Northwestern, then called for a task force to re-examine the role of intercollegiate sports at Minnesota. Within days, Dutcher resigned.

If you were being sarcastic, I apologize for missing it.

Keller was furious and threatened to cancel the remainder of the season. He ordered the team to forfeit its next game, which was against Northwestern, then called for a task force to re-examine the role of intercollegiate sports at Minnesota. Within days, Dutcher resigned.
[/I]

The bold above is evidence of what Keller's overall view on athletics was and why this athletic program had to be rebuilt.

I recall that it was determined that the "new" fierce Goldy was the cause behind the basketball team's problems, so a kinder, gentler Goldy was introduced.
Goldy 1985.gif(1985)Goldy 1986.gif(1986)

Top Bottom