Oy - Police investigate case involving four suspended Gophers players

I need to chill? Lol. I made a comment about respecting women & you made it seem as if I'd said something wrong... And "Not all women like being treated with respect", is something guys who are disrespectful of women say, to make themselves feel ok with treating women in a way, deep down inside, they know is wrong.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I need to chill? Lol. I made a comment about respecting women & you made it seem as if I'd said something wrong... And "Not all women like being treated with respect", is something guys who are disrespectful of women say, to make themselves feel ok with treating women in a way, deep down inside, they know is wrong.

Hey man, just questioning what you said. You said it, I wasn't the only one who thought it was a weird statement. Made a joke, sorry you didn't think it was funny. Your clarification helped. But yeah you still need to chill. :drink: Have a beer.

Fair enough. It's just crappy to be genuinely trying to say something good & have it twisted. But I apologize to you, if you were just poking fun. I can take a joke & if that's all it was, I withdraw my previous complaints.

Fair enough. It's just crappy to be genuinely trying to say something good & have it twisted. But I apologize to you, if you were just poking fun. I can take a joke & if that's all it was, I withdraw my previous complaints.

No worries dude. Sorry I rubbed you the wrong way without your consent (also a joke). For the record I completely agree with what you said, you just said it in a weird way and had to poke fun. I use the "Mother Rule" dang near on a daily basis. It's a great rule of thumb.

Approval comes in all shapes & sizes. Lol

I don't know about needing to chill, but resisting the urge to make obvious statements that 99% of the public would agree with in a holier than thou way might be something to consider.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know about needing to chill, but resisting the urge to make obvious statements that 99% of the public would agree with in a holier than thou way might be something to consider.

Holier than thou?... If it's a truism, how is simply pointing out said truth holier than thou? I guess I'll just stick to saying vacuous & meaningless things in the future... Lol

Holier than thou?... If it's a truism, how is simply pointing out said truth holier than thou? I guess I'll just stick to saying vacuous & meaningless things in the future... Lol

You essentially posted "be respectful to women." Well, duh, did you expect someone to disagree? Maybe you were posting for that young child reading GH trying to decide how he should treat Women in his life. Thank God you reached out to him. Now if you will excuse me, I am going to go start a thread about my opinion that people shouldn't randomly punch old ladies in the face.

WHOOAAAAAA.....what started out as a thread about the four Gophers that may or may not be involved in something that they shouldn't have done has turned into a huge "pissing" match. At this point I came on only looking for new information. Lets move on with that alone.

You essentially posted "be respectful to women." Well, duh, did you expect someone to disagree? Maybe you were posting for that young child reading GH trying to decide how he should treat Women in his life. Thank God you reached out to him. Now if you will excuse me, I am going to go start a thread about my opinion that people shouldn't randomly punch old ladies in the face.

Read the posts previous to mine... If there weren't people who seemed to not get it, I wouldn't have said anything. But I'm glad everyone is cool with whatever sexist crap gets spewed in here. But I try & say something nice and I'M the bad guy. You might not want to start the "punching old ladies" post. Or you'll have to berate yourself for saying something true. Lol

You like to think about your sister and/or mom while you are hooking up with college chicks?

Understanding context makes things funny...you blew it on context. Why don't you give this thread a rest.

I'm not arguing that cases where alcohol created a murky line in terms of consent are not serious or that they do not constitute sexual assault. I'm not saying that a female should't report a sexual assault allegation if this was what happened or that they are lying if they do. Legally, you cannot give consent if you are impaired by alcohol so instances like these many times still qualify as sexual assault and should be.

I'm arguing that these types of incidents are more common than people think when there is a sexual assault allegation and that people should not automatically assume it was pure rape like they usually do.

That's not a legal definition of consent (which varies by state). You are referring to the definition of consent some of the more draconian academic institutions use for Title IX purposes. Don't get me started.

I would also argue that simply because the woman had alcohol in her system prior to sexual relations this should never 'automatically' qualify as sexual assault as that means probably 80% of those reading this are guilty of sexual assault.

Stop infantantilizing women.

Some women don't like the whole chivalry thing. To each their own. You need to chill out dude, its a buy week, gophers can only go up in the polls!

So your saying the Gophers will buy their way to a higher ranking? :p Anyway, I have seen teams like the Gophers actually drop in the polls after their bye week. Hopefully not, but it has happened.

A good rule: If you wouldn't appreciate someone treating your sister/mother a certain way, you shouldn't treat ANY woman that way.

Respect is always good! I know that is your point. With that I agree.

Let's just cut to the chase, shall we? Post some pictures of your sister and mother and let me decide how I want to proceed.

I think I posted Ohio State's sign.

Here is Louisville's sign:

louisville-core-values-no-guns-drugs.jpg

Maybe we need a sign. Hopefully without the women part needing to be emphasized later...

Anything new on this topic?

I tweeted Burns this morning and asked what are you hearing, how is it looking, and when do you think we'll find out. This was his reply:

It's looking good right now. Should hear something next week would be my guess.

Would be nice to find out soon.

Are the players able to keep practicing or are they completely off the team at this point?

I tweeted Burns this morning and asked what are you hearing, how is it looking, and when do you think we'll find out. This was his reply:

It's looking good right now. Should hear something next week would be my guess.

Would be nice to find out soon.

Thanks for sharing.

Top Bottom