Oy - Police investigate case involving four suspended Gophers players

Yeah, I have killed a few brain cells in my younger days and did stupid things when the alcohol was talking to me.

It's a little too early to judge how things will turn out. It seems that their names have come up in relation to an investigation, whether they are a focus or peripherally involved, remains to be seen. The best case, I can see, is that they were hanging around some people that committed a crime, the worst case is that they committed a crime The former will be dealt with by suspensions the later dismissal.

It's a little too early to judge how things will turn out. It seems that their names have come up in relation to an investigation, whether they are a focus or peripherally involved, remains to be seen. The best case, I can see, is that they were hanging around some people that committed a crime, the worst case is that they committed a crime The former will be dealt with by suspensions the later dismissal.

Man I hope it's the former and they had nothing to do with it. Can't believe it. Or at worst only one of them was involved. Can't believe all 4 would be that stupid! Good players too!!! Would be a big blow to our secondary, not to mention punt return. I hope we here something quickly!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Considering how long the Reggie Lynch (basketball team) situation lingered, I think fans better be prepared for the possibility that this is not going to resolved quickly. There is a police investigation involved -then the U of M athletic department will likely do its own inquiry - before the status of those players can be settled.

Unless the police investigation results in the players being completely exonerated, I suspect this will be a matter of weeks, not days.

Just assume they are gone, then you won't be disappointed with anything other than really stomach turning reminders of the problem every week for the next 6 months to a year.
No I don't know what it is, but if the police are involved it will not be resolved quickly. They have more important concerns than player eligibility.

Hopefully they all just used extra book money for pens and a pack of gum.....

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Hopefully they all just used extra book money for pens and a pack of gum.....

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Minneapolis might the only city where these "crimes" by U athletes would warrant a police investigation so you could be on to something. :cool:

Hopefully they didn't do anything too bad. Could be claeys being extra careful after the wrestling coach fiasco, guess we'll find out eventually.

You have some info that whatever happened was a "crime"? Please share.

He was responding, tongue in cheek, to the line "Hopefully they all just used extra book money for pens and a pack of gum....." like that would be considered a "crime".

He was responding, tongue in cheek, to the line "Hopefully they all just used extra book money for pens and a pack of gum....." like that would be considered a "crime".

Yeah, completely failed in that regard.

Someone bring the late-comers up-to-speed.

Suspensions by Claeys due to "busting the rules."

Police are investigating.

Rumors of it "being very bad."

We know nothing else?

Buford and Hardin are big losses considering the Craig James transfer and Elijah Battle not making it. Really hope this gets resolved quickly.

It would be nice if one of these situations turned out to be the guys were briefly at a kegger that got busted after they left, and will all be back after a lesson learned for the next game. But, this is the Gophers where the first report always seems to be the tip of some awful iceberg and worst-case situations ensue.

Please please please be something minor, ending in no crime or at least some sort of victim-less crime.

It would be nice if one of these situations turned out to be the guys were briefly at a kegger that got busted after they left, and will all be back after a lesson learned for the next game. But, this is the Gophers where the first report always seems to be the tip of some awful iceberg and worst-case situations ensue.

Please please please be something minor, ending in no crime or at least some sort of victim-less crime.

Yeah hopefully this becomes one of those "bad choices to be there but minor ****" things.

I doubt that the police are investigating a kegger, but I'm with you on the heart of what you're getting at. Hopefully, there were other people causing the real problem and these guys were on the periphery. Hopefully, the cops are trying to figure out if (or how extensively) they were even involved, not gathering evidence on something the players instigated.

4 Gophers football players investigated as part of sexual assault case- Twin Cities.c

We were 4 guys down and still dominated. Hope they learned their lesson http://www.startribune.com/postgame...uspended-lingen-s-injury-a-concern/392995971/

The Minneapolis Police Department is investigating a criminal sexual conduct case, and a department spokesman said Saturday officers are investigating the possible involvement of four Gophers football players.

The case was reported Sept. 3, and the victim was a 22-year-old female.

“The victim reported being sexually assaulted,” the police report said. “Victim sought medical attention prior to making report.”

Gophers coach Tracy Claeys suspended four players for Saturday’s 58-28 win over Indiana State at TCF Bank Stadium: cornerbacks KiAnte Hardin and Ray Buford, safety Dior Johnson and defensive end Tamarion Johnson.

“We are working to determine how they are involved in the case at this time,” Minneapolis officer Corey Schmidt said in a statement provided to the Pioneer Press on Sunday.

http://www.twincities.com/2016/09/10/gophers-suspend-cornerbacks-kianta-hardin-and-ray-buford/

Let's just hope it's wrong place at the wrong time for these 4 guys.

Let's also not forget there was a victim here and her welfare is more important than anything football.

Let's also not forget there was a victim here and her welfare is more important than anything football.

Sadly, this needs to be said.

The Minneapolis Police Department is investigating a criminal sexual conduct case, and a department spokesman said Saturday officers are investigating the possible involvement of four Gophers football players.

The case was reported Sept. 3, and the victim was a 22-year-old female.

“The victim reported being sexually assaulted,” the police report said. “Victim sought medical attention prior to making report.”

Gophers coach Tracy Claeys suspended four players for Saturday’s 58-28 win over Indiana State at TCF Bank Stadium: cornerbacks KiAnte Hardin and Ray Buford, safety Dior Johnson and defensive end Tamarion Johnson.

“We are working to determine how they are involved in the case at this time,” Minneapolis officer Corey Schmidt said in a statement provided to the Pioneer Press on Sunday.

http://www.twincities.com/2016/09/10/gophers-suspend-cornerbacks-kianta-hardin-and-ray-buford/

If that's the case, and they were involved, so long. Don't care how good at sports-ball you are. . .

Well I don't think anyone has gone after the victim so no worries there so far.

We can hope they didn't do anything wrong, it's not a shot at anyone involved.

Well, this probably answers the question of whether they were uninvolved bystanders.

God.

Simple rule for Gophers athletes:

As fun as they are, please avoid gangbangs while on scholarship.

Alcohol, drugs, and sex - these are potent powder kegs for all young people on college campuses. Young kids full of testosterone and youthful exuberance.

How do you imbue in young athletes' minds that there is a line that you cannot cross? It is sad to see kids make irrevocable mistakes.

This is a tough challenge for all the college coaches and administrators. However, it is incumbent upon them to drill in kids' minds the proper code of conduct. When they put on a Gopher uniform, they represent the U.

Maybe all incoming athletes should take some kind of mandatory class on the subject of proper conduct and expectations, and make clear the consequences of bad behavior.

Alcohol, drugs, and sex - these are potent powder kegs for all young people on college campuses. Young kids full of testosterone and youthful exuberance.

How do you imbue in young athletes' minds that there is a line that you cannot cross? It is sad to see kids make irrevocable mistakes.

This is a tough challenge for all the college coaches and administrators. However, it is incumbent upon them to drill in kids' minds the proper code of conduct. When they put on a Gopher uniform, they represent the U.
Maybe all incoming athletes should take some kind of mandatory class on the subject of proper conduct and expectations.

With the stories coming out this year, better throw all fraternity brothers in there too.

That's probably what the police are investigating.

Agree -- it's certainly possible that one or two are more culpable than the others (keeping in mind that maybe none will be charged with anything). But a few posts above we were discussing the hope that there was another group of people as the focus of the incident with the football players not actively participating. However, the chances of four football players standing around watching others perform a sexual assault seems rather slim.

Top Bottom