Other Bowl Games In-Game Thread

They need to eliminate all hits using the helmet as a weapon I.e. Crown of the helmet hits!!!! It's chicken sh^t!!! And dangerous. Hit on Leidner should have resulted in suspensions, firings, or demotions of those absolutely clueless officials.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They need to eliminate all hits using the helmet as a weapon I.e. Crown of the helmet hits!!!! It's chicken sh^t!!! And dangerous. Hit on Leidner should have resulted in suspensions, firings, or demotions of those absolutely clueless officials.

And a beheading!

ESPN Lead: "Tennessee Trounces Northwestern in Outback Bowl."

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt until after it's over, but if there isn't something similar said about Michigan vs. Florida, I'll start to believe the SEC-bias by the network.

EDIT: "Michigan obliterates Florida", so I guess ESPN wins this round.....HA

Get over it.

His helmet didn't 'slide up' into the QB's face. That makes it OK.

When they doubled down on the reversal of that call with the PR release from the Big Ten....in a game of inches and seconds a penalty that ticks off every requirement cannot be reversed. Until our intrepid media members try to pin down Delaney on why his officials are not on the same page we will be frustrated. What is a catch, what is holding etc, all these things should be clarified. I have no idea.

Considering we cant get our local media to ask Claeys what his offensive philosophy is i mightbe waiting a long time for answers.

Looking at the gorgeous aerial shots of the Rose Bowl I dream about how incredibly cool it would be to see a maroon end zone with a gold MINNESOTA on January 1. I just don't think I'll ever see it.

Looks like Northwestern is going to get crushed.

Terrible team, but they won the close games during the regular season and they all count. No real offense whatsoever, so that tells you how solid their defense was.

Let the destruction commence
<iframe src="//giphy.com/embed/YTrkFIbwl0R4A" width="480" height="360" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="http://giphy.com/gifs/space-star-wars

1 play, 11 seconds, Iowa down by a touchdown. Nice start Iowa! LOL

Well, the Gophs threw up 35 on these lucky SOB's, so we really shouldn't be surprised

At least they're winning the time of possession so far

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Sounds like Jaylon Smith has a significant knee injury. Even if you hate Notre Dame, still don't like to see that happen.

And there is this great take from a CBS writer.

<iframe src="//giphy.com/embed/khZIrd1qlgc6c" width="480" height="360" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="http://giphy.com/gifs/cheezburger-star-wars-best-of-week-khZIrd1qlgc6c">via GIPHY</a></p>

The Big Ten's two reps in the conference championship game have been overwhelmingly underwhelming in their bowls so far.

Pick six

<iframe src="//giphy.com/embed/2FPSN9eLDSEak" width="480" height="270" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="http://giphy.com/gifs/xpost-frankfurt-afe-2FPSN9eLDSEak">via GIPHY</a></p>

Stanford making a case for expanding the playoffs.

Eight I tell ya.

Its funny what happens when Iowaa plays teams with creative offense and a healthy defense. This is thoroughly enjoyable.

SEC! SEC! SEC!

At the same time, Iowa is making a case for 4 teams being enough.

That too.

There will always be one power 5 conference champion not making the playoff...with four.

Looking like Stanford got screwed this year/last yr?....this season.

That too.

There will always be one power 5 conference champion not making the playoff...with four.

Looking like Stanford got screwed this year/last yr?....this season.

I don't think they got screwed. Don't lose two games and they are in. The playoffs is not just about getting the best four teams in my opinion, it is about getting the most deserving teams. If it is only about the best teams, then don't even keep track of teams' records.

As Rodney D in Caddyshack said, Iowa should have stayed home & played with themselves

Top Bottom