Other Bowl Games In-Game Thread

Is there anyone else wondering why Arizona St. didn't go for 2 when they went up 5 with a little over 4 minutes left to play? You'd think that would be the easiest decision you'd make all year. Instead they lost by 1 point.

Also, I don't think either announcer said a thing about the decision.

But after the West Virginia safety slipped, Chambers turned up field for a 58-yard touchdown, giving ASU a 41-36 lead with 4 minutes, 56 seconds to go.But instead of going for two points to put ASU up seven, the Sun Devils kicked the extra point, giving them just a six-point lead, a decision that came back and haunted them. Graham took the blame.

“In the fourth quarter, we have a chart in the box that we go by,” he said. “We’re supposed to be going for two. We didn’t. Mismanagement on our part. That’s my responsibility.”.

http://www.azcentral.com/story/spor...inia-edges-asu-43-42-in-cactus-bowl/78226046/

Watching this NDSU-Jax St game, the announcers keep praising ndsu's Carson Wentz, saying
"he'll be a first round pick, book it". Though he's playing well (minus a couple bad INTs) i'm watching
him and seeing a lot of Leidner. Mitch had been playing every bit as well as this kid is. Arguably
with a worse O-Line than NDSU.

Watching this NDSU-Jax St game, the announcers keep praising ndsu's Carson Wentz, saying
"he'll be a first round pick, book it". Though he's playing well (minus a couple bad INTs) i'm watching
him and seeing a lot of Leidner. Mitch had been playing every bit as well as this kid is. Arguably
with a worse O-Line than NDSU.

NDSU would transition well into the Mountain West if you ask me.

Perfect fit

NDSU would transition well into the Mountain West if you ask me.

Agree. If NDSU ever decided to go big time DI (FBS), they'd do just fine in the Mountain West in both football and basketball, and they'd be a perfect fit. Anyone know if the Mountain West (or NDSU) has shown any interest? MWC has 11 for basketball and 12 for football (+ Hawaii), so maybe they'd boot Hawaii with all the problems (financial, geography) they have in football.

Top Bottom