***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA VS wisconsin PAUL BUNYAN AXE IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

Yes, because screaming is how you get 8 starters off the injured list and back on the field...oh and 4 backups to those starters.
Quit with the injuries BS. How bought the backups play with some heart. Watch their effort and then tell me they're playing with heart. Yeah, sometimes players need to be called out.

This is the coaching staff that had to be rushed to extend. The team is getting worked over by walk-ons against our biggest rival. This is what YOU wanted.

I know you aren't directing this at me, but a few of us wanted them to extend the staff because we wanted a new AD to have a chance to hire his own guy if this doesn't work. The buyout is tiny after next year. I just hope we (as a fan base) aren't stupid enough to think 8 wins or so represents any type of success next year with the schedule Iowa just went undefeated with.

I can't believe that offensive series to close out the half. Claeys better have some crazy voodoo ninja plan to stop the Badgers' running attack in the second half. Some crazy surprise like the "Klink Dipsy-doodle" or when Inigo Montoya reveals he's not left-handed.

I think our whole philosophy with the LBs might be mistaken.

We recruit guys who can run, but can do almost nothing else.

They can't play downhill and they never disrupt pass plays. Oh, and they can't blitz either.

Don't forget that Claeys has learned most of his tendencies from Kill... so most of what Claeys does in his early head coaching decisions will be what he's picked up from Kill. I'm sure it will take him a few years to find his own way of coaching. (relative to the play it safe going into the half)

Remember when we said Tracy had big brass balls. Can we all just agree that that 2 point call last week was just dumb luck, and not any change in mentality. 3 timeouts and a minute to go and we don't even try to get a field goal.

#handsupdontshoot

I'm tired of taking the ball first and going three and out. We're down two scores and have to kick to them possibly going down three scores.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is how they play against Wisconsin to go to a bowl game? pathetic

Kind of ironic that Claeys's reasoning for taking the ball to start is you might get an extra possession, but then he wastes a possession at the end of the half despite an opportunity to score.

Kind of ironic that Claeys's reasoning for taking the ball to start is you might get an extra possession, but then he wastes a possession at the end of the half despite an opportunity to score.

Great observation. It doesn't add up.

I know you aren't directing this at me, but a few of us wanted them to extend the staff because we wanted a new AD to have a chance to hire his own guy if this doesn't work. The buyout is tiny after next year. I just hope we (as a fan base) aren't stupid enough to think 8 wins or so represents any type of success next year with the schedule Iowa just went undefeated with.

As Glen Mason said on the radio, hire an AD now. What's taking so long? More excuses for this sorry program.

This is not a power run team this year. Their complete offensive line is out. Last week they had NEGATIVE rushing yards against Northwestern. For the season, 157 yards per game. Against us 199 yards in a half! This is NOT good offens it is inexcusable, bad defense.

Their walk ins are kicking the crap out of our schoolly players.

Well this sure is weird with Kill in the booth...

There must be a reason why most teams in college and the nfl defer when they win the toss. Claeys needs to rethink this philosophy because like you said having that potential extra possession is pointless if you are just going to waste some like we did before halftime.

Remember when we said Tracy had big brass balls. Can we all just agree that that 2 point call last week was just dumb luck, and not any change in mentality. 3 timeouts and a minute to go and we don't even try to get a field goal.

#handsupdontshoot

I pointed out many instances of very conservative decisions by Claeys since he took over, people just wanted to believe their own narrative. Gophers went ultra conservative going in to half against Ohio State down two scores and kicking off too.

Cool they stopped the guy with the odd name twice in a row. Then Stave throws another poor pass.

41 yard line. Go!

There must be a reason why most teams in college and the nfl defer when they win the toss. Claeys needs to rethink this philosophy because like you said having that potential extra possession is pointless if you are just going to waste some like we did before halftime.

I think the old idiom of taking the wind in the fourth quarter makes sense. Everything else, meh.

Going to go enjoy the sunshine and ocean. Maybe next year.

This is the coaching staff that had to be rushed to extend. The team is getting worked over by walk-ons against our biggest rival. This is what YOU wanted.

Les miles is available!! Break out the damn checkbook Kahler !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just can't get into 3rd and long situations. They are down Mitch's throat every time.

This is the definition of targeting. Which means it will be overturned.

GTFO asshole. Dirtbag badgers strike again. Aranda laughing about it on the sideline instead off giving him an earful. The whole organization is despicable.

Top Bottom