Official 2016 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Sounds like TE. Gotta think Martin might pull the trigger soon now that he's been offered.

Rivals shows him as an Eastern Michigan commit as of today 7-21. Is that right?

Rivals shows him as an Eastern Michigan commit as of today 7-21. Is that right?

Yes, he is currently committed there to play QB. I can't imagine he prefers to keep his commitment though unless he really, really wants to play QB. But then why would he still choose to camp at Minnesota at other positions? This is a lock IMO.

New commit?

New commit?

<blockquoteclass="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I can confirm that <a href="https://twitter.com/BLINNFBRECRUIT">@BLINNFBRECRUIT</a> JUCO DE TralundWebber (<a href="https://twitter.com/THEREALTWEBB99">@THEREALTWEBB99</a>) just committed to <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Minnesota?src=hash">#Minnesota</a> <a href="http://t.co/poYAQDvFAC">pic.twitter.com/poYAQDvFAC</a></p>— Ryan Burns (@RyanBurnsMN) <a href="https://twitter.com/RyanBurnsMN/status/623687527585615872">July 22, 2015</a></blockquote> <script asyncsrc="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Wondering what is the largest amount of MN kids we have offered in the last 20 years and largest percent of MN offers we've signed. Martin could make it 8 for 11 this year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

love the gold pants!

Wondering what is the largest amount of MN kids we have offered in the last 20 years and largest percent of MN offers we've signed. Martin could make it 8 for 11 this year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's really surprising how many they have offered, especially considering the relative strength of the program right now. I would have thought as we got better there wouldn't be all that many MN kids that would be up to the standards. I trust they really want these kids, so perhaps our HS football is improving.

It's really surprising how many they have offered, especially considering the relative strength of the program right now. I would have thought as we got better there wouldn't be all that many MN kids that would be up to the standards. I trust they really want these kids, so perhaps our HS football is improving.

Or it's just one good class

It must be both. Can't be this many if it isn't getting a lot better. Minnesota hasn't been their only option. There are some really really good Minnesota kids in this class.

It must be both. Can't be this many if it isn't getting a lot better. Minnesota hasn't been their only option. There are some really really good Minnesota kids in this class.

There were only 4 guys with gopher offers last year though. This year is more of an outlier than a trend IMO. 5 2016in-staters had gotten offered by the gophers this time of year and only one so far has been offered for 2017.

There were only 4 guys with gopher offers last year though. This year is more of an outlier than a trend IMO. 5 2016in-staters had gotten offered by the gophers this time of year and only one so far has been offered for 2017.

And isn't that one a kicker?

Last year was an outlier on the low side and this year an outlier on the high side. MN HS football is getting better and should average about 12 to 16 Div 1 kids a year with 7-8 kids at the Power Five level.

Last year was an outlier on the low side and this year an outlier on the high side. MN HS football is getting better and should average about 12 to 16 Div 1 kids a year with 7-8 kids at the Power Five level.

You mean 12-16 FBS kids a year I assume?

Minneapolis is growing 5 times faster than Chicago.

You mean 12-16 FBS kids a year I assume?

Minneapolis is growing 5 times faster than Chicago.

Growth rate for MN is 2.89%, Illinois is 0.4%. Illinois already has almost 3 times the Minnesota population though.

per FSN:

“I feel like, out of my offers, Minnesota was the best fit for me,” Webber said on why he chose the Gophers. When I took my visit, I didn’t have anything negative to say about Minnesota. It’s a great school and they have a great coaching staff, not to mention the great environment around campus and also the players.”

Pass rushing defensive ends are alway at a premium in football so Jerry Kill will be happy with this news.

http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/minnesota-picks-up-3-star-juco-de-072215

Go Gophers!!

Desmond Fitzpatrick has shut down his recruitment and will make no more visits, says he is solid to Louisville now and wants to focus on his senior season

I don't get the 247 recruiting website, Matt Humbert and Kyle Goblirsh (sp?) just switched their prediction crystal ball to nothing, what does that mean? They originally predicted Minnesota and then Huff said he's committing today so thety take it back? why? will it hurt their overall score or something?

this is why they changed their prediction at the last minute, so they can later say they are still 100% correct. what a stupid process and disingenuous claim

yep, that is exactly why I brought it up. Not to mention if you go back through their predictions the two previously mentioned "experts" are usually within 12 hours of each others picks. I like the website just hate the claims they make trying to be "experts". Dumb

this is why they changed their prediction at the last minute, so they can later say they are still 100% correct. what a stupid process and disingenuous claim

Noticed on247 rosemount had a senior named Dan monson. I remember coach had a couple little ones when he was here but figured they wouldn't have gone to school here after he was fired.

Top Bottom