Official 2016 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

By comparison, Coughlin's best time at OSU last June was 4.44. It's safe to say Winfield is faster than 4.6.

"The Ohio State camp went really well," Coughlin told Bucknuts. "I ran a 4.44 second 40-yard dash, which was my fastest time. The coaches didn't know who I was before I went in there as I really had no connection to OSU, but I definitely caught their attention with my 40-time."
http://ohiostate.247sports.com/Article/Coughlin-Catches-Staffs-Eye-At-Ohio-State-Camp-29323262

Plus Coughlin ran an electronic 4.53 twice later. It's not a stretch to think that Winfield runs legitimately in the 4.4s or low 4.5s.

Does anyone have an idea how many scholies are available now that Dinero Laster is transferring?

Is it ten or eleven?

Minnesota offered Texas CB Antoine Winfield Jr today. Was clocked at 4.27 at Ohio State camp. He grew up with JD and Carter when his dad was a viking and is very good friends with them.

So just a little bit faster than the fasted guy in the NFL combine this year, nice. :rolleyes:

Plus Coughlin ran an electronic 4.53 twice later. It's not a stretch to think that Winfield runs legitimately in the 4.4s or low 4.5s.

No, he didn't. And yes, it is an enormous stretch, because he absolutely 100% does not. I know people get annoyed when this stuff gets rehashed repeatedly, but as you can see, some people believe these fake numbers.

Dpodoll68 is never wrong as you can see. He's there himself timing the 40's so he knows everyone else is wrong.

No, he didn't. And yes, it is an enormous stretch, because he absolutely 100% does not. I know people get annoyed when this stuff gets rehashed repeatedly, but as you can see, some people believe these fake numbers.

You're right, he ran one 4.53 and one 4.55 electronic timed at The Opening. Carter is legitimately that fast though. Now while these times put carter among the elite nationally, it isn't impossible that Winfield, a defensive back, could post similar times.

Here's the link to Carter's 40 time BTW:

http://www.thedailygopher.com/2015/...ecruiting-carter-coughlin-the-opening-40-time

Dpodoll68 is never wrong as you can see. He's there himself timing the 40's so he knows everyone else is wrong.

You are wrong, as I freely admit when I'm wrong and post as such. I didn't have to be there timing the "40's", it's common sense that they're not real. You really want to believe that two 17-year-olds are as fast or faster than most players in the NFL? I mean, think for a second and apply some critical reasoning skills.

You are wrong, as I freely admit when I'm wrong and post as such. I didn't have to be there timing the "40's", it's common sense that they're not real. You really want to believe that two 17-year-olds are as fast or faster than most players in the NFL? I mean, think for a second and apply some critical reasoning skills.

+1

You're right, he ran one 4.53 and one 4.55 electronic timed at The Opening. Carter is legitimately that fast though. Now while these times put carter among the elite nationally, it isn't impossible that Winfield, a defensive back, could post similar times.

Here's the link to Carter's 40 time BTW:

http://www.thedailygopher.com/2015/...ecruiting-carter-coughlin-the-opening-40-time

I don't care what people write down. They can call whatever measurement they used "electronic", but he absolutely did not run a 4.53 or 4.55, especially at 211 lbs. The 15th fastest time for defensive backs at the 2015 NFL Draft combine was 4.52, at 186 lbs. nonetheless. The very fastest defensive back, who is now a multi-millionaire, ran a 4.31, illustrating why Winfield Jr. did not run a 4.27 or 4.35 or whatever else was reported. And these are the best amateur football players on Earth, not to mention that they're grown-ass men! Stop it with the nonsense on the fake 40 times.

The track the players run on at the Opening is much faster than what is used at the NFL combine. It's not comparing apples to apples at all.

I don't care what people write down. They can call whatever measurement they used "electronic", but he absolutely did not run a 4.53 or 4.55, especially at 211 lbs. The 15th fastest time for defensive backs at the 2015 NFL Draft combine was 4.52, at 186 lbs. nonetheless. The very fastest defensive back, who is now a multi-millionaire, ran a 4.31, illustrating why Winfield Jr. did not run a 4.27 or 4.35 or whatever else was reported. And these are the best amateur football players on Earth, not to mention that they're grown-ass men! Stop it with the nonsense on the fake 40 times.
You keep thinking your top *hit

Sorry to interrupt the "how to accurately measure a 40" conversation but I'm hearing the staff now see's the twins as solid commits. I also have a feeling that Winfield and JD/Edwards will commit in the next 48 hrs. Staff has made Winfield as their number 1 DB target. I don't think Drew Hmielewski will ever get his offer unless they strike out with JD and Edwards after this weekend and as I mentioned earlier I don't think that will happen. Another guy to look out for is Kamal Martin from Brunsville, hearing he really impressed the staff as a TE, though he didn't get an offer today, the staff will be following him closely going forward.

Sorry to interrupt the "how to accurately measure a 40" conversation but I'm hearing the staff now see's the twins as solid commits. I also have a feeling that Winfield and JD/Edwards will commit in the next 48 hrs. Staff has made Winfield as their number 1 DB target. I don't think Drew Hmielewski will ever get his offer unless they strike out with JD and Edwards after this weekend and as I mentioned earlier I don't think that will happen. Another guy to look out for is Kamal Martin from Brunsville, hearing he really impressed the staff as a TE, though he didn't get an offer today, the staff will be following him closely going forward.

Is it just a gut feeling on JD or do you have some sort of source you are hearing it from?

doll was once electronically timed with an hour glass and as always he was wind assisted. Just as sands pass through an hour glass slow are the days of his life. At this point, what does it matter? These guys are extremely talented and extremely fast.

Funny because Matt Jessen-Howard feels as though Hmielewski is extremely close to an offer. Not saying you are wrong as I have no idea, I just find that interesting.

Kamal Martin might be close to an offer at OLB too.

A couple of local players caught my eye, Isaac Colins RB/WR from Maple Grove looked really smooth running routes and catching the ball. Very deceptive speed, gets on top of CB quick. Also, Trent Pink from Elk River looked good throwing the ball. I watched him take reps next to Tony Poljan and he looked the part. I could see these two picking up PWO'S offers. Coach Kill was talking to both of them after camp.

A couple of local players caught my eye, Isaac Colins RB/WR from Maple Grove looked really smooth running routes and catching the ball. Very deceptive speed, gets on top of CB quick. Also, Trent Pink from Elk River looked good throwing the ball. I watched him take reps next to Tony Poljan and he looked the part. I could see these two picking up PWO'S offers. Coach Kill was talking to both of them after camp.

Clearly a Northern Suburb bias.

I watched Carter Coughlin work out with the staff after camp. He will be something special. The kid can absolutely fly. I saw him run his 40 and for his size, speed kills, very impressive. Also, saw Trent Pink after camp play WR, Tony Puljan was throwing to him. He looked good running routes and catching the ball. He'd be a big target at WR.

Getting Winfield would be really solid. Let's hope so

I believe Collins is also one of the top baseball players in the state for 2016 so that could be an option for him as well. I think his brother played baseball for Florida Atlantic and was drafted this summer.

El hombre, es horrible tranquila por aquí...

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom