Official 2014 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

re: 2014 Arkansas Recruiting Thread - Football & Basketball Commits (Posted on 1/27/14 at 10:36 pm to Stonehog)
If momma will let him go, he'll be here at Arkansas.

The SEC and working with Bielema and Pittman are something Minnesota just can't touch.

I sent him a tweet yesterday mentioning the nearly 70 degree weather in Fayetteville. It's -14 with a -32 wind chill in MPLS right now.

What is the latest on Christian Campbell? Would be nice to pick up Safety.

He promised the staff he wouldn't commit on his Mizzou visit & that he would visit the U next weekend before deciding. Campbell visited Mizzou, didn't commit on the visit & is scheduled to be here this weekend. He's giving us a fair chance to show what we have to offer, can't ask for much more than that.

re: 2014 Arkansas Recruiting Thread - Football & Basketball Commits (Posted on 1/27/14 at 10:36 pm to Stonehog)

The SEC and working with Bielema and Pittman are something Minnesota just can't touch.

I sent him a tweet yesterday mentioning the nearly 70 degree weather in Fayetteville. It's -14 with a -32 wind chill in MPLS right now.

Interesting comment considering last year's signing day debacle... http://college-football.si.com/2013...-arkansas-his-mom-apparently-does-not-concur/

The $EC is going to run roughshod all over Arkansas for the next 2 years until they can Bert. Mark it down. Who's Pittman?
If a kid wants to get away that's fine, but those are really bad reasons to spend 5 years in Arkansas.

The $EC is going to run roughshod all over Arkansas for the next 2 years until they can Bert. Mark it down. Who's Pittman?
If a kid wants to get away that's fine, but those are really bad reasons to spend 5 years in Arkansas.

Sam Pittman is their offensive line coach and is a very good recruiter. I think Arkansas is a legit threat to us in landing Ragnow but I do believe he'll end up a Gopher.

Dont pay any attention Arkansas fans. They are some of the most out of touch fans I have ever come across. Listening to some of the fans call into sports talk radio shows is almost humorous.

Dont pay any attention Arkansas fans. They are some of the most out of touch fans I have ever come across. Listening to some of the fans call into sports talk radio shows is almost humorous.

They even have trouble lying through their tooth!!!

They even have trouble lying through their tooth!!!

Q: Where was the toothbrush invented?

A: Arkansas. If it had been invented anywhere else it would be called the teeth brush. ha

I'd be pretty surprised if Richardson flipped at this point. Blasingame flipping to Vandy hopefully is a blessing in disguise and made the program more attractive to Campbell, who I think looks every bit as impressive.

I'd be pretty surprised if Davis flipped at this point. Blasingame flipping to Vandy hopefully is a blessing in disguise and made the program more attractive to Campbell, who I think looks every bit as impressive.

Who's Davis?

is punter Logan McElfresh committed as a PWO here? i don't think anybody ever started a thread saying he committed but it seems like he is a commit.

someone on TDG said they saw that Gentry's parents preferred Minnesota. I don't have a link for it or anything though.

so you'd be warm for a day but stuck for four years in arkansas? let me see.....
Fayetteville is a nice, scenic, small southern campus town. Can't do much on Wednesday eve cause of bible study. Fans be crazy though, just ask Nolan's dead horse.

I do like that graduates' names are engraved in the sidewalks on campus.

I have no idea about Pittman , but I wouldn't want to touch Bielema with a ten foot pole. And Atlanta is getting two inches of snow today - can only imagine what it's like in Arkansas.

Arkansas worries me. Fayetteville is like 2 hours from Branson and my sources say Ragnow is really into Tony Orlando and Yakov Smirnoff.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Good talk with Mitch Leidner <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23classact&src=hash">#classact</a></p>— Frank Ragnow (@KNARFWONGAR) <a href="https://twitter.com/KNARFWONGAR/statuses/427996132476989440">January 28, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

1. Frank called Mitch to let him know he is going to Arkansas. Mitch wished him well. #classact.
2. After our in-home, the coaches encouraged our starting QB to reach out and encourage Frank. Mitch came across as a strong leader. Frank told him he wasn't coming to the U, said he hasn't decided yet, or said he is going to be a Gopher. Mitch wished him well. #classact
3. Frank called Mitch to let him know he is choosing the Gophs. Mitch told him he can't wait to go to work with him. #classact

So basically, Frank could have posted, "I Like Turtles" and we'd still try to read into it.

Something I think we are forgetting in Frank's recruitment is that we are in a really good spot at OT for both now and the foreseeable future. I know nothing about Arkansas's depth at OT, but Ben Lauer was a Freshman All American.

1. Frank called Mitch to let him know he is going to Arkansas. Mitch wished him well. #classact.
2. After our in-home, the coaches encouraged our starting QB to reach out and encourage Frank. Mitch came across as a strong leader. Frank told him he wasn't coming to the U, said he hasn't decided yet, or said he is going to be a Gopher. Mitch wished him well. #classact
3. Frank called Mitch to let him know he is choosing the Gophs. Mitch told him he can't wait to go to work with him. #classact

So basically, Frank could have posted, "I Like Turtles" and we'd still try to read into it.

Something I think we are forgetting in Frank's recruitment is that we are in a really good spot at OT for both now and the foreseeable future. I know nothing about Arkansas's depth at OT, but Ben Lauer was a Freshman All American.

Just out f curiosity, does anybody know how many True or Red Shirt Freshmen started at LT last year in all of CFB? Not to take anything away from Lauer, I think he's a nice player but by no means was he off the charts or irreplaceable, IMO.

Thank god we don't need another post by another person speculating on Frank's recruitment. This post pretty much says it all. So let's all wait until Friday when we will actual know. Some of you must have driven your parents nuts before Christmas:rolleyes:.

If we could turn a lowly recruit like Lauer into a freshman all american, imagine what we could do with Ragnow. That would be my pitch, which I'm sure the staff has already used in some sort of context.

Why hasn't there been an 'All Things Frank Ragnow' thread? Seems odd is all.

4. Mitch visited Frank's house to wow him with juggling and magic. #classact
5. Mitch and Frank were out on the town when someone insulted Mitch. He turned the other cheek. #classact
6. Mitch and Frank just watched the 1992 hit comedy starring Kid'N'Play. #classact

This x1000. There's no sense in trying to interpret that tweet. Can't wait for Friday.

Top Bottom