Official 2014 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

4. Mitch visited Frank's house to wow him with juggling and magic. #classact
5. Mitch and Frank were out on the town when someone insulted Mitch. He turned the other cheek. #classact
6. Mitch and Frank just watched the 1992 hit comedy starring Kid'N'Play. #classact

7. Frank called Mitch to ask if he could make a run at his ex-girlfriend. Mitch said it was cool, but warned him that Phillip hit it too so be sure to double bag it. #classact

And what we have to offer is a dearth of defensive backs…making for an easy path to playing time

And what we have to offer is a dearth of defensive backs…making for an easy path to playing time

Ragnow is committing as a defensive back? Where have I been...

re: 2014 Arkansas Recruiting Thread - Football & Basketball Commits (Posted on 1/27/14 at 10:36 pm to Stonehog)
If momma will let him go, he'll be here at Arkansas.

The SEC and working with Bielema and Pittman are something Minnesota just can't touch.

I sent him a tweet yesterday mentioning the nearly 70 degree weather in Fayetteville. It's -14 with a -32 wind chill in MPLS right now.

Wait - it's cold here in MN in January, and its warmer in January in Arkansas? I think that news will make the difference here. Big, big-time tweet.

Why hasn't there been an 'All Things Frank Ragnow' thread? Seems odd is all.

+1 this is the reason why he will go to Arkansaws

He didn't feel loved enough on G-hole cuz he didn't get his own "All Things" thread lol

Wait - it's cold here in MN in January, and its warmer in January in Arkansas? I think that news will make the difference here. Big, big-time tweet.

If Frank wanted to go to someplace warmer than MN, he should head to Murfreesboro.

Since Steven Richardson's name was brought up, here's his senior year video. He's not the biggest guy in the world but my lord he sure spent a lot of time in the opposing teams backfields. I believe that Mt Carmel plays at a pretty high level of football in Illinois too (someone correct me on that if I'm wrong).

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/-u5H8bqAhhs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Since Steven Richardson's name was brought up, here's his senior year video. He's not the biggest guy in the world but my lord he sure spent a lot of time in the opposing teams backfields. I believe that Mt Carmel plays at a pretty high level of football in Illinois too (someone correct me on that if I'm wrong).

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/-u5H8bqAhhs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

No you are right. Mt. Carmel actually finished as the best team in the state according to the Chicago Tribune's rankings. I believe Richardson was named the team's defensive MVP despite playing alongside a 4-star recruit who I think is going to Michigan St. Defensive MVP on the best team in Illinois? Not to shabby. I wouldn't be surprised to see Richardson play as a true freshman.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sport...ribunes-final-top-20-20131201,0,6378438.story

7. Frank called Mitch to ask if he could make a run at his ex-girlfriend. Mitch said it was cool, but warned him that Phillip hit it too so be sure to double bag it. #classact
Bahahahahahaha! Well played! You made me spit out my Pepsi sir!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Great home visit from Coach Phelps &#55357;&#56833;</p>— Steven Richardson (@mteam_srich) <a href="https://twitter.com/mteam_srich/statuses/428342483437641728">January 29, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

re: 2014 Arkansas Recruiting Thread - Football & Basketball Commits (Posted on 1/27/14 at 10:36 pm to Stonehog)
If momma will let him go, he'll be here at Arkansas.

The SEC and working with Bielema and Pittman are something Minnesota just can't touch.

I sent him a tweet yesterday mentioning the nearly 70 degree weather in Fayetteville. It's -14 with a -32 wind chill in MPLS right now.

We consider the fact that MN doesn't have Bielema a selling point for MN.

Arkansas does have some attractive qualities. The SEC, Pittman is a heck of a coach and it is warmer than here. Fayetteville is a nice little small town. I wish I could take a dump on the town, but it seems like a nice place to go to college.

That said, I think BB is going to have a tough time in Arkansas and they aren't likely to be REAL patient. So if he ends up with the Razorbacks, Frank could very well end up playing for a coach who isn't of his choosing.

Is Coach Kill really at Gentry's house tonight? There hasn't been a peep about it. No group pic, tweet nothing. Awfully quiet.

Is Coach Kill really at Gentry's house tonight? There hasn't been a peep about it. No group pic, tweet nothing. Awfully quiet.

According to what I read, yes. And Gentry informed Coach Kill of his decision. Gentry will announce his pick tomorrow. I also saw where Missouri offered another DB so that could be a good sign for us.

The visit was at his school & he told our coaches he'd announce his decision tomorrow. To me that's bad news, as I find good news usually travels fast, but most others think he's a Gopher by this time tomorrow.

The good news is on Christian Campbell who has rejected offers from Syracuse, Indiana & Penn St interest because they came in so late. He says Indiana is stopping by to talk tomorrow, that he hasn't heard anything about an in-home from Mizzou & that it's down to Minnesota or Mizzou. Burns thinks Mizzou has taken their foot off the gas a bit with Campbell. Mizzou has also scheduled an official visit this weekend with another CB so they may be moving in a different direction or assuming he's a Gopher?

Just out f curiosity, does anybody know how many True or Red Shirt Freshmen started at LT last year in all of CFB? Not to take anything away from Lauer, I think he's a nice player but by no means was he off the charts or irreplaceable, IMO.

Agreed. No offense to Lauer, but he was a decent part-timer at the position & that earned him Freshman AA honors, which puts the honor into perspective a bit.

According to what I read, yes. And Gentry informed Coach Kill of his decision. Gentry will announce his pick tomorrow. I also saw where Missouri offered another DB so that could be a good sign for us.

I'm starting to feel a bit spoiled because Campbell didn't commit to Missouri and I have a good feeling about Gentry. I'd love for this class to add these two athletes.

I'm starting to feel a bit spoiled because Campbell didn't commit to Missouri and I have a good feeling about Gentry. I'd love for this class to add these two athletes.

It concerns me a bit that Gentry's Mom is pushing him hard to commit to Minnesota & then he sat with 3 coaches including Kill today & didn't commit. It seems like if he was going to, today would have been the perfect time to do it, but that it's easier to tell them "no" the next day over the phone. I still think we'll get Gentry, just feeling a little uneasy about the timing of his announcement.

The visit was at his school & he told our coaches he'd announce his decision tomorrow. To me that's bad news, as I find good news usually travels fast, but most others think he's a Gopher by this time tomorrow.

The good news is on Christian Campbell who has rejected offers from Syracuse, Indiana & Penn St interest because they came in so late. He says Indiana is stopping by to talk tomorrow, that he hasn't heard anything about an in-home from Mizzou & that it's down to Minnesota or Mizzou. Burns thinks Mizzou has taken their foot off the gas a bit with Campbell. Mizzou has also scheduled an official visit this weekend with another CB so they may be moving in a different direction or assuming he's a Gopher?

Yeah, there seems to be a bit of a difference of opinion on Campbell. It sounded like it was a done deal with him going to Missouri. Now, like you said, it sounds like their offer might not be commitable at this moment. I had written him off as a goner, so either way, I'm pretty excited that he will be on campus.

As for the other Missouri DB, they've just offered another.

It concerns me a bit that Gentry's Mom is pushing him hard to commit to Minnesota & then he sat with 3 coaches including Kill today & didn't commit. It seems like if he was going to, today would have been the perfect time to do it, but that it's easier to tell them "no" the next day over the phone. I still think we'll get Gentry, just feeling a little uneasy about the timing of his announcement.

Yep, I hear you. I always get uneasy when there is a prime time for a recruit to commit and it doesn't happen. It would have made a lot of sense for him to do it tonight.

I don't see it mentioned anywhere, but J'Vonte Herrod committed to Southern Miss yesterday.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Officially committed to university of southern miss <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23SMTTT&src=hash">#SMTTT</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23GoldenEagles&src=hash">#GoldenEagles</a> &#55356;&#57288;&#55356;&#57288;&#55356;&#57288; <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23BLESSED&src=hash">#BLESSED</a> Thank God going to make things happen</p>— Barry Sanders (@bigdaddyvonte_) <a href="https://twitter.com/bigdaddyvonte_/statuses/427983810568146944">January 28, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

He didn't want to share the limelight with Obama and the State of the Union. He'll be a Gopher tomorrow :)

He may have committed just wanted to wait to make it public.

Top Bottom