Status
Not open for further replies.
. Demographics

#of years as a Gopher fan: Since I was 5
Minnesota Native: Yes.
Hometown: Spring Valley, MN
Current Address: Rosemount/Lakeville, MN
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): B.A. Winona State 1988
Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: Yes, Football
Season ticket holder for football and/or basketball: Yes. Football 2 seats 215

II. GopherHole-related questions

What do you like about GopherHole?: Information regarding team that is hard to find in general media.

What do you dislike about GopherHole?: Constant negative posts by some members.

What improvements or features would you like to see enacted? Unsure

What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?: Star-Trib, PP, Twitter

What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: Questions about incoming recruits.

What other Gopher sports have you attended this past year?: None

What other teams do you have season tickets to (Gopher and/or non-Gopher?): None

How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole (Web search, friend, etc.)?: Twitter

III. Fun Questions.

What do you do before/after you attend a Gopher sporting event (tailgated at campus locale, walk through Gold Country/university bookstore, visit Dinkytown venues, etc.)?: Listen to Marching Band play at football games with my 11 or 9 year old--whichever came with me.

Who is the most athletic athlete that you witnessed wearing the maroon and gold uniform(s)?: In person--Darrell Thompson

Who is the most dominant player (game changer) that you witnessed in football and/or basketball?: Darrell Thompson - FB

Do you stand, sit, mixed during third down defensive stands? Stand when critical point in game.

Best/most fun Gopher football and/or basketball game that you attended?: This 2010 Iowa game/bringing home Floyd

I. Demographics

Age: 52. Gender: Male. #of years as a Gopher fan: 41. Minnesota Native: Yes.
Hometown: Rochester. Current Address: Las Vegas, NV
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): B.A. Luther College; MS, DrPH U of South Carolina
Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: Yes Football.
Season ticket holder for football and/or basketball: No.

What do you like about GopherHole?: Up to date info; Lady Gopher, Bleed et al.,

What do you dislike about GopherHole?: Not much

What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?:Star-Tribune and Pioneer Press, occasional Rochester Post Bulletin and Bleed's links.

What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: NA,

What other Gopher sports have you attended this past year?: None.

How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole (Web search, friend, etc.)?: Been around since the old GopherTalk.

III. Fun Questions.

What do you do before/after you attend a Gopher sporting event (tailgated at campus locale, walk through Gold Country/university bookstore, visit Dinkytown venues, etc.)?: NA - wish I could make more games

Who is the most athletic athlete that you witnessed wearing the maroon and gold uniform(s)?: Eric Strobel

Who is the most dominant player (game changer) that you witnessed in football and/or basketball?: Mychal Thompson

Do you stand, sit, mixed during third down defensive stands? I'm usually at home and I pace.

Best/most fun Gopher football and/or basketball game that you attended?: 1979 Iowa football game, Mark Carlson and Elmer Bailey were outstanding; my HS teammate ve Gardner had a great sack of Hawk QB Gordy Bohannon. Mike Robb also sacked Bohannon with a vicious hit.

I. Demographics

Age: 38. Gender: Male. #of years as a Gopher fan: 30. Minnesota Native: Yes and No..born here and raised in Cali, moved back here 12 years ago.
Hometown: Stockton, CA Current Address: St Paul, MN
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): BA Economics at University of California at Davis, MBA at Carlson School of Management.
Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: Yes
Season ticket holder for football and/or basketball: 212 football and 203 for basketball

What do you like about GopherHole?: Making some good friends via the site and getting lots of good Gopher info from folks I know and trust.

What do you dislike about GopherHole?: Melt downs

What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?: local papers and ESPN, but this site does the trick.

What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: NA,

How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole (Web search, friend, etc.)?: Been around for a long time, don't remember exactly, i believe it was a basic web search after I discovered the value of message boards.

III. Fun Questions.

What do you do before/after you attend a Gopher sporting event (tailgated at campus locale, walk through Gold Country/university bookstore, visit Dinkytown venues, etc.)?: tailgate for some football games. Hoops games depends on day. Weeknight, the routine means racing home from work , feeding kid and racing off to game just in time.. saturday allows for a few beers near arena.

Who is the most athletic athlete that you witnessed wearing the maroon and gold uniform(s)?: Willie Burton or Rodney Williams

Who is the most dominant player (game changer) that you witnessed in football and/or basketball?: Rickert at times during freshman year (oregon), Grier and Q. Ricky Foggie was the bomb.

Do you stand, sit, mixed during third down defensive stands? Stand on third downs..

Best/most fun Gopher football and/or basketball game that you attended?: Puerto Rico tournament from this season was awesome... the Air Force game at TCF was special.

I. Demographics

Age: 22. Gender: Male. #of years as a Gopher fan: 17. Minnesota Native: Yes.
Hometown: Albany, MN. Current Address: Minneapolis, MN.
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): B.S.B. Marketing, U of M-CSOM 2010
Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: Yes, Both..
Season ticket holder for football and/or basketball: Yes, Basketball.

What do you like about GopherHole?: Updates on recruiting without having to visit Rivals/Scout/ESPN sites. I just want to know about Gopher targets, not the others. Place to connect with other Gopher fans, have legitimate discussions (at times). BleedGopher and the unfortunately decreasing number of posting-Johnny Gopher.

What do you dislike about GopherHole?: Unneccesary petty arguments amongst people. Flat out ripping on players for their performance (unless it is lack of effort, which is then their fault). It isn't like they put themselves in the lineup.

What improvements or features would you like to see enacted?: ??

What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?: Star Tribune (online), BleedGopher links, occasionally www.gophersports.com

What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: Joined in high school when my level of fanaticism skyrocketed.

What other Gopher sports have you attended this past year?: Soccer, Women's Basketball.

What other teams do you have season tickets to (Gopher and/or non-Gopher)?: None.

How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole (Web search, friend, etc.)?: Brother & Brother-in-law's advice.

III. Fun Questions.

What do you do before/after you attend a Gopher sporting event (tailgated at campus locale, walk through Gold Country/university bookstore, visit Dinkytown venues, etc.)?: Head home.

Who is the most athletic athlete that you witnessed wearing the maroon and gold uniform(s)?: Rodney Williams, Sam Jacobson.

Who is the most dominant player (game changer) that you witnessed in football and/or basketball?: Vincent Grier (at times); Marion Barber III.

Do you stand, sit, mixed during third down defensive stands? Mixed...dependent upon the situation.

Best/most fun Gopher football and/or basketball game that you attended?: 2004/2005 Gophers vs. Wisconsin when Vincent Grier absolutely took over the game. Opening game at TCF vs. Air Force.

I. Demographics

Age: 36. Gender: Male. #of years as a Gopher fan: 24. Minnesota Native: Yes.
Hometown: Eden Prairie. Current Address: Beijing, China
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): B.A. Carleton College; PhD, Chemical Engineering, Minnesota
Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: Yes. Football and Basketball.

What do you like about GopherHole?: It is a great resource to keep me in the loop with Gopher sports. The interviews with Gopher athletes and recruits is expecially well done.

What do you dislike about GopherHole?: The reactionary comments about players, coaches and other posters.

What improvements or features would you like to see enacted?: More comments from the "insiders" who have contact with coaches, players and athletics administrators.

What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?: GopherIllustrated, FBT, the Strib and the Pioneer Press.

What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: I don't post much. I love the reaction I get to my moniker - BrewsterBooster.

What other Gopher sports have you attended this past year?: Wrestling.

What other teams do you have season tickets to (Gopher and/or non-Gopher?: Beijing Barbarians - they are crazy.

How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole (Web search, friend, etc.)?: My father put me on to it before the GopherHole did a tour with Rivals. Remember those days?

III. Fun Questions.

What do you do before/after you attend a Gopher sporting event (tailgated at campus locale, walk through Gold Country/university bookstore, visit Dinkytown venues, etc.)?: Tailgate with my family and friends.

Who is the most athletic athlete that you witnessed wearing the maroon and gold uniform(s)?: Tim Brewster trying to avoid an interview after a bad loss.

Who is the most dominant player (game changer) that you witnessed in football and/or basketball?: Lawrence Maroney.

Do you stand, sit, mixed during third down defensive stands? Stand up and yell as loud as I can.

Best/most fun Gopher football and/or basketball game that you attended?: Football - The 1993 28 to 21 Homecoming win against a great Wisconsin Rose Bowl team. Basketball - The 1997 Final Four in Indy. After we lost to Kentucky, it was great to see underdog Arizona take them out in the Championship game.

This year's survey questions:

I. Demographics

Age: 37. Gender: Male. #of years as a Gopher fan: 37. Minnesota Native: Yes.
Hometown: Burnsville. Current Address: Shakopee, MN
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): B.S. St. Cloud State, 1996.
Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: Yes, both.
Season ticket holder for football and/or basketball: No. Scavenger.

What do you like about Gopherhole? Free site to discuss my favorite teams.

What do you dislike about GopherHole?: Hijacking of threads.

What improvements or features would you like to see enacted? Push Surly as the official beer of the Gopherhole.

What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for? My mind, the local rags, FBT

What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: longtimne poster

What other teams do you have season tickets to (Gopher and/or non-Gopher?: None.

How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole (Web search, friend, etc.)?: Web search about eight years ago. Since that time I've told several friends about GopherHole.

III. Fun Questions.

What do you do before/after you attend a Gopher sporting event (tailgated at campus locale, walk through Gold Country/university bookstore, visit Dinkytown venues, etc.)?: Go out to eat wherever I can get in. Usually Punch.

Who is the most athletic athlete that you witnessed wearing the maroon and gold uniform(s)?: D.T. as a youth, watching him take the pitch from Fogg was magic. Too bad he hurt his knee. He could have been a great NFL player.

Who is the most dominant player (game changer) that you witnessed in football and/or basketball? Bob Jackson

Do you stand, sit, mixed during third down defensive stands? Usually slouch with my head in my hand.

Best/most fun Gopher football and/or basketball game that you attended?: Tough call. either 85 MN/Oklahoma or '97 game vs. Indiana to win Big Ten hoops.

I. Demographics

Age: 33. Gender: Male. #of years as a Gopher fan: 33. Minnesota Native: Yes.
Hometown: Beaver Creek. Current Address: Hutchinson
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): B.S. South Dakota State U; M.S. U of Minnesota; PhD U of Nebraska
Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: Yes. Football and Basketball.
Season ticket holder for football and/or basketball: Yes-football 3 years + 3 years during grad school. Basketball 1 year during grad school.

What do you like about GopherHole?: Keep up on recruiting, coaching changes, team-related news, opinions on all aspects of team
What do you dislike about GopherHole?: Idiots like craw0092. Can anybody stand that guy? What a complete *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#. Other than that, some of the posters who amazingly know everything. But, it's a blog, so that is expected.

What improvements or features would you like to see enacted?: None come to mind. More Gopher fans would be nice!

What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?: This is generally the first place, and I will then follow links out to other news.

What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: Join the discussion on the Gophers.

What other teams do you have season tickets to (Gopher and/or non-Gopher?: None.

How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole (Web search, friend, etc.)?: A friend turned me on to it probably about 8 years ago.

III. Fun Questions.

What do you do before/after you attend a Gopher sporting event (tailgated at campus locale, walk through Gold Country/university bookstore, visit Dinkytown venues, etc.)?: Breakfast at Mannings, then on to the tailgating lots with my fellow season ticket holder group. There are about 10 of us with tickets together.

Who is the most athletic athlete that you witnessed wearing the maroon and gold uniform(s)?: Kyle Okposo - Bobby Jackson - Laurence Maroney

Who is the most dominant player (game changer) that you witnessed in football and/or basketball?: Laurence Maroney

Do you stand, sit, mixed during third down defensive stands? Stand up every time.

Best/most fun Gopher football and/or basketball game that you attended?: Football - Michigan State game 2009. Basketball - Beating Iowa at home during 02-03 season.

I. Demographics

#of years as a Gopher fan: 15
Minnesota Native: Yes
Hometown: Maple Grove, MN
Current Address: Rogers, MN
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): B.A. University of Wisconsin-LaCrosse
Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: Yes, football
Season ticket holder for football and/or basketball: Yes. Football

What do you like about GopherHole?: Information, Reactions, Interviews

What do you dislike about GopherHole?:

What improvements or features would you like to see enacted? Historical stories

What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?: Star-Trib, PP, Twitter, Facebook

What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: still a lurker

What other Gopher sports have you attended this past year?: none

What other teams do you have season tickets to (Gopher and/or non-Gopher?): none

How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole (Web search, friend, etc.)?: Web search

III. Fun Questions.

What do you do before/after you attend a Gopher sporting event (tailgated at campus locale, walk through Gold Country/university bookstore, visit Dinkytown venues, etc.)?: Tailgate in Ski u mah lot

Who is the most athletic athlete that you witnessed wearing the maroon and gold uniform(s)?: Marquis Gray

Who is the most dominant player (game changer) that you witnessed in football and/or basketball?: Laurence Maroney - FB

Do you stand, sit, mixed during third down defensive stands? Stand and clap.

Best/most fun Gopher football and/or basketball game that you attended?: Football @ Illinois in 2008

Demographics:

Number of years a fan: Since 1967
Minnesota native: Yes - born and raised in St. Paul
Current address: Florida
Degree: BA from CLA in '71
Attend 1 game per year: Yes, have attended at least 1 game every year since '67
Season tickets: Held season tickets from 1976 - 2005

Questions:

I seldom post, but check the site daily and read a lot of the posts - thanks to everyone for the great info and insight into Gopher Football.

I. Demographics

Age: 29. Gender: Male. #of years as a Gopher fan: 18. Minnesota Native: Yes.
Hometown: Maple Grove, MN. Current Address: South Minneapolis, MN.
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): B.A., Architecture (U of M), M.Arch (Miami U).
Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: Yes Football and Basketball.
Season ticket holder for football and/or basketball: Yes, Football: Section 133

What do you like about GopherHole?: A great place to find breaking news about the Gophers, and good discussion among members
What do you dislike about GopherHole?: Trolls
What improvements or features would you like to see enacted?: Can't think of any
What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?: Star Trib, Pioneer Press, GopherIllustrated
What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: Have been a member since I found out about site
What other Gopher sports have you attended this past year?: Other than BBall and FBall, none.

How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole (Web search, friend, etc.)?: Web search
III. Fun Questions.

What do you do before/after you attend a Gopher sporting event? Tailgate for football games on West Bank
Who is the most athletic athlete that you witnessed wearing the maroon and gold uniform(s)?: Bobby Jackson or Laurence Maroney
Who is the most dominant player (game changer) that you witnessed in football and/or basketball?: Vince Grier (his first year)
Do you stand, sit, mixed during third down defensive stands? Stand and yell loud!
Best/most fun Gopher football and/or basketball game that you attended?:
First Place: 2003 Sun Bowl, Oregon vs. Gophers
Second Place: First three quarters of 2003 Michigan vs. Gophers

I. Demographics

Age: 26. Gender: Male. #of years as a Gopher fan: 14. Minnesota Native: Yes.
Hometown: Hibbing. Current Address: Hibbing.
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): B.A. University of MN - Duluth 2009.
Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: No.
Season ticket holder for football and/or basketball: Yes, in 2009 for football in the student section. Employment put a hold on season tickets last year. Hope to get back on board.

What do you like about GopherHole?: I like reading the opinions of others, especially longtime posters who have been consistently objective and/or positive. I enjoy Bleed's regular links, contributions by Chris Monter, and all others who chime in with links from time to time. I have also grown to appreciate dpodoll, who I initially disliked. His sheer abrasiveness and pompousness when it comes to defending a point or Gopher football are hard to not smile at. Jetgate put me into his corner.

What do you dislike about GopherHole?: Trolls and the desire of some posters to continually play devil's advocate before we see what is going to actually pan out. Gopher football has sucked. We get it. We come back every year because we have hope that things will change, so shut up.

What improvements or features would you like to see enacted?: I am pretty happy with how far GH has come since I started lurking in 2005. I would say that it has gotten better every year, and the volume of posters who have something intelligent to discuss has consistently improved.

What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?: FBT, espn.com, gophersports.com.

What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: I was excited about Brewster, and I wanted to jump in and show my support. My posting has waned as I've felt less of a desire to put in my two cents; I only read posts that pique my interest and I'm generally in agreement with what is mentioned/I have nothing much to add.

How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole (Web search, friend, etc.)?: Random web search back in the day.

III. Fun Questions.

What do you do before/after you attend a Gopher sporting event (tailgated at campus locale, walk through Gold Country/university bookstore, visit Dinkytown venues, etc.)?: When I was attending games, I would come down the night before, play Madden with my buddy 'til 2 in the morning, then wake up, take a few shots, and hike over to the game.

Who is the most athletic athlete that you witnessed wearing the maroon and gold uniform(s)?: Maroney. Hands down, the guy was fun to watch.

Who is the most dominant player (game changer) that you witnessed in football and/or basketball?: Watching Westbrook take over in both Wisconsin games last year was awesome.

Do you stand, sit, mixed during third down defensive stands? Stand up and scream my lungs out.

Best/most fun Gopher football and/or basketball game that you attended?: 2009 vs. Air Force. Greatest game EVER (Until I attend the Rose Bowl when we get there). Will never, ever forget.

I. Demographics

Age: 32. Gender: Female. #of years as a Gopher fan: 15. Minnesota Native: No
Hometown: Racine, WI . Current Address:St. Louis Park, MN.
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): B.S. University of Minnesota 2000. Soon to be MBA University of MN 2011
Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: Yes both
Season ticket holder for football and/or basketball: Yes (If yes, what sports, how many tickets, and what section(s) are your seats?) Football - 1 ticket, I think it's section 219 (I can never remember). Bball 2 tickets, section 222 row 4.

What do you like about GopherHole?: I have grown to really love the community, the wonderful friends I've made, getting information 1st, hearing different perspectives...and having a small population understand and "get" my Gopher addiction.

What do you dislike about GopherHole?: The very few posters that are broken records and tend to yell the loudest. I'd say 98% of GHers are great, and it's the 2% that drive people away.

What improvements or features would you like to see enacted?: I would like to see more people sign up and post. I run into so many people that say they love the site and I ask them if they post - and they don't. The more posters we have, the better conversation we'll have, and the stronger the board will be.

What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?: I'm a Twitter freak, also get a lot of info from Facebook links. Love the STrib online, and links posted on here.

What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: I probably lurked for about a year, and would have a friend post information for me. I finally realized that signing up took about 10 seconds, and I have too many opinions to just read, I wanted to participate.

How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole (Web search, friend, etc.)?: From a friend, NateDawg - he posted on here.

III. Fun Questions.

What do you do before/after you attend a Gopher sporting event (tailgated at campus locale, walk through Gold Country/university bookstore, visit Dinkytown venues, etc.)?: Ski U Mah lot for football, baby - we start tailgating when they open the lot. Never venture anywhere else because we have the best party!

For Basketball - we usually go to The Library or Burrito Loco before the game. Great drink and food specials, and parking is much easier over in Dinkytown.

Who is the most athletic athlete that you witnessed wearing the maroon and gold uniform(s)?:
Spencer Tollackson? Just kidding - this is tough, because most athletic (aka a Rodney) isn't always impactful. I loved the way Vincent Grier took over games.

Who is the most dominant player (game changer) that you witnessed in football and/or basketball?: Maroney and Bobby Jackson

Do you stand, sit, mixed during third down defensive stands? Stand and yell...a lot.

Best/most fun Gopher football and/or basketball game that you attended?: Football - the 2007 (or whatever year that was) at Michigan where Gary Russell had that fantastic run and we brought the jug home.

2 years ago at the Kohl Center for basketball. I remember, I couldn't get one single person to attend that game with me and make the short 4 hour drive to Madison - they all missed out. I'm not sure if I ever felt so amazing after a game...winning at the Kohl center was close to impossible, and we did it!

Thank you again for doing this, DL!!!

I. Demographics

Age: 30. Gender: Male. #of years as a Gopher fan: 30. Minnesota Native: Yes.
Hometown: North Branch, MN. Current Address: Minneapolis.
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): B.S. U of M, 2003.
Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: Yes to both
Season ticket holder for football and/or basketball: Yes, Football. 4 in 237 and 2 in 212.

What do you like about GopherHole?: The discussion and insight from people closer to the program that I am and the information that I couldn't get anywhere else. Bleed for all of the links, I'll never know how you locate some of the articles, GopherLady for the interviews and JohnnyGopher & all of his inside knowledge.

What do you dislike about GopherHole?: The bickering and name calling that can hi-jack threads rendering them unreadable. And the negativity from certain posters, probably because I am optimistic by nature.

What improvements or features would you like to see enacted?: Where Are They Now would be great, everything from former walk-ons to All-Americans. What they are doing and how they view the current state of the program.

What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?: Fringe Bowl Team, Bleeds links, and Frank the Tank Blog (although not Gopher related he had some great info during the B1G expansion period), both local papers

What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: after I graduated so I could share information from my experiences

What other Gopher sports have you attended this past year?: Wrestling and Men's Hockey

How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole (Web search, friend, etc.)?: Former teammates that regularly read

III. Fun Questions.

What do you do before/after you attend a Gopher sporting event (tailgated at campus locale, walk through Gold Country/university bookstore, visit Dinkytown venues, etc.)?: Tailgate before football (Ski-U-Mah), Stub and Herb's or Sally's before other events, BW3's prior to Signing Day Social

Who is the most athletic athlete that you witnessed wearing the maroon and gold uniform(s)?: Marion Barber III, had the speed and power running style that I enjoyed. And Greg Eslinger, there was no one on the team that outworked him and I only had first hand experience during his freshman season.

Who is the most dominant player (game changer) that you witnessed in football and/or basketball?: Tyrone Carter

Do you stand, sit, mixed during third down defensive stands? Stand on 3rd/4th down and critical series as the situation dictates.

Best/most fun Gopher football and/or basketball game that you attended?: Air Force, I had tears in my eyes and a lump in my throat when the team ran out. The only game that will trump that feeling is playing in the Rose Bowl, I realized watching the pre-game this year how special that day/week/season will be when it finally arrives. There is no collegiate game that compares to the Granddaddy of them all!

I. Demographics

Age: 38. Gender: Male. #of years as a Gopher fan: 23. Minnesota Native: Yes
Hometown: Princeton, MN . Current Address:Bloomington, MN.
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): B.C.E.. 1995. MBA 2012
Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: Yes both
Season ticket holder for football and/or basketball: Yes (If yes, what sports, how many tickets, and what section(s) are your seats?) Football - split 4 in 243. Basketball - split 4 in 119.

What do you like about GopherHole?: I like all Gopherfans and wish there were more of us and more dedicated fans.

What do you dislike about GopherHole?: People who like to dish it out but can't take it. Lack if civil debate.

What improvements or features would you like to see enacted?: Encouraging more posting - less criticism of other people's posts. More (and different) ideas.

What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?: FBT and Star Tribune.

What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: Just wanted to share my Gopher excitement. I'm been crazy busy lately and have been doing more lurking than posting.

What other Gopher sports have you attended this past year?: Hockey

How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole (Web search, friend, etc.)?: Friend
III. Fun Questions.

What do you do before/after you attend a Gopher sporting event (tailgated at campus locale, walk through Gold Country/university bookstore, visit Dinkytown venues, etc.)?: Victory Walk, walk around campus, stadium village and tail gating lots (soak up the Gopher vibe). Mostly Sally's and Big 10.

Who is the most athletic athlete that you witnessed wearing the maroon and gold uniform(s)?:
Bob Jackson or Sam I Am. Rodney Williams can't shoot jumpers, free throws, or dribble otherwise he'd be there.

Who is the most dominant player (game changer) that you witnessed in football and/or basketball?: Maroney/Barber and Bobby Jackson

Do you stand, sit, mixed during third down defensive stands? Stand as much as I can without getting yelled at.

Best/most fun Gopher football and/or basketball game that you attended?: Triple OT win versus Iowa with Voshon hitting about 15 threes.

I. Demographics

Age: 24. Gender: Male. #of years as a Gopher fan: 10. Minnesota Native: Yes.
Hometown: Owatonna, MN. Current Address: Owatonna, MN.
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): B.A. University of Minnesota, TC 2009.
Season ticket holder for football and/or basketball: Yes, 2 for Football.

What do you like about GopherHole?: The best place to find out what's happening with Gopher Basketball and Football, for free.

What do you dislike about GopherHole?: People with obvious personality disorders.

What improvements or features would you like to see enacted?: More articles about upcoming games, or reaction after games, not just one every 2 months.

What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?: GPL

What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: N/A.

How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole (Web search, friend, etc.)?: Can't recall

III. Fun Questions.

What do you do before/after you attend a Gopher sporting event (tailgated at campus locale, walk through Gold Country/university bookstore, visit Dinkytown venues, etc.)?: Search for cheap parking, mostly.

Who is the most athletic athlete that you witnessed wearing the maroon and gold uniform(s)?: Probably Vincent Grier. He seemed to be able to contort his body in the air like a high jumper on his way to the hoop. Crazy stuff.

Who is the most dominant player (game changer) that you witnessed in football and/or basketball?: Decker.

Do you stand, sit, mixed during third down defensive stands? Stand and yell!

Best/most fun Gopher football and/or basketball game that you attended?: Probably the '10 Iowa game, just because it was such a relief to see a win, and finally get a trophy back.

Age: 42 Gender: Male. # of years as a Gopher fan: 31. Minnesota Native: no
Hometown: North Dakota. Current Address: Medina, MN
Post Secondary schools and degrees: Minnesota, B.S. degree
Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: Yes, football and basketball
Season ticket holder for Gopher football and/or basketball: I split for both sports

What do you like about GopherHole?: love the scoops, love the humor, love the conversation, love the gophers

What do you dislike about GopherHole?: people who make themselves out to be victims on the ot board, and who enjoy when the gophers lose yet act like gopher fans.

What improvements or features would you like to see enacted? a gh get together at a game.

What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?: i start and stop my day with gopher hole for gopher news.

What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: joined and posted as soon as I found it

What other Gopher sports have you attended this past year?: men's hockey

What other teams do you have season tickets to (Gopher and/or non-Gopher?):

How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole (Web search, friend, etc.)?: friends told me about it and a former player who posts

I. Demographics

#of years as a Gopher fan: 13
Minnesota Native: No
Hometown: Aberdeen, SD
Current Address: Lino Lakes, MN
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): BA, History; BA, Political Science, University of Minnesota
Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: Yes to both
Season ticket holder for football and/or basketball: Yes, football only, Section 232

What do you like about GopherHole?: Finding up-to-the-minute information (for free!) that is crucial to the success of the Gophers football team. Making online friendships with several characters on the board. Owning those with ill-formed or just plain terrible takes and opinions.

What do you dislike about GopherHole?: Wren, GopherGod, thailleagle, GVBadger, dboy, millions2spare, gopherbadgerman (among others) from the Troll category. There are a few non-troll posters that I cannot stand, but I will withhold their names out of respect for the fact that they are actually Gopher fans.

What improvements or features would you like to see enacted?: Quicker usage of the ban-hammer for those who are just looking to get a rise out of people and obvious trolls. Mostly, though, a permanent ban (that will actually be enforced) for Wren and his dozens of personalities.

What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?: FBT, STrib, Pioneer Press, Rivals, Daily Gopher

What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: I only lurked for a short while to get the "lay of the land" and jumped in when the timing seemed right, though this was several years ago.

What other Gopher sports have you attended this past year?: Men's basketball

What other teams do you have season tickets to (Gopher and/or non-Gopher?: None

How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole (Web search, friend, etc.)?: I don't remember exactly to be honest, but I think it was to find information about Mason's contract extension. A friend of mine is also a frequent poster here and told me about the site.

III. Fun Questions

What do you do before/after you attend a Gopher sporting event (tailgated at campus locale, walk through Gold Country/university bookstore, visit Dinkytown venues, etc.)?: My wife and I usually go someplace close to campus to eat beforehand, stay until then bitter end, and then head home to pick our son up from the babysitters.

Who is the most athletic athlete that you witnessed wearing the maroon and gold uniform(s)?: In terms of pure athleticism, there is no one close to Rodney Williams. It's scary to think of how good he could be if he could do anything at all besides run and jump.

Who is the most dominant player (game changer) that you witnessed in football and/or basketball?: Laurence Maroney

Do you stand, sit, mixed during third down defensive stands? Stand, make noise, exhort others to do so

Best/most fun Gopher football and/or basketball game that you attended?: The first 3 quarters of the 2003 Michigan football game were far and away the best atmosphere of any Gophers game I've ever attended in any sport. The colossal meltdown in the 4th has had a ripple effect that still impacts Gopher football to this day.

I. Demographics

Age: 29. Gender: Male. #of years as a Gopher fan: 92. Minnesota Native: Yes.
Hometown: East Chain, MN. Current Address: Olivia, MN.
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): B.A. University of St. Thomas 2008.
Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: Try but not every year.

What do you like about GopherHole?: A great site to find more information and opinions of Gopher sports. Some of the great contributors (Nadine Babu, Chris Monter, SelectionSunday) make it worth checking consistently

What do you dislike about GopherHole?: Hijacking of threads and at times petty bickering, which can make some threads unreadable. The meltdowns.

What improvements or features would you like to see enacted?: More moderation in locking of threads or deletion of posts that do nothing but bash other posters.

What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?: FBT

What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: Just finally decided at some point. No real reason.

How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole (Web search, friend, etc.)?: about 10 years ago back when it was in its original format before rivals and the split. Friend told me about so I checked it out originally for BB.

III. Fun Questions.

What do you do before/after you attend a Gopher sporting event (tailgated at campus locale, walk through Gold Country/university bookstore, visit Dinkytown venues, etc.)?: Hit up the bars

Who is the most athletic athlete that you witnessed wearing the maroon and gold uniform(s)?: Dave Winfield (baseball and basketball). Sam Jacobson - his dunk from the free throw line against Purdue(?) is one I'll always remember. He made a quick move and then was airborn.

Who is the most dominant player (game changer) that you witnessed in football and/or basketball?: Bobby Jackson, Chris Darkins

Do you stand, sit, mixed during third down defensive stands? Stand

Best/most fun Gopher football and/or basketball game that you attended?: Joel Przbilla's last game as a Gopher against Indiana in 2000. The way the Gophers came back and took over the game in the second half. The atmosphere was electric and being a high school senior in the student section it was far and away the best game I have ever been to.

I. Demographics

Age: 40 (Dang - even though it has been almost a half a year, I think this is the first time I've had to write it and face it...)
#of years as a Gopher fan: 35
Hometown: Pelican Rapids, MN
Current Address: Detroit Lakes, MN
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): BA, Concordia College, Moorhead, MN
Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: Yes - Football; Usually to Basketball but not this year
Season ticket holder for football and/or basketball: Football only - Sec 135

What do you like about GopherHole?: Comparing my take on the games, players and the programs to others. As an amateur sports nut, I like seeing if my observations ring true, or if there is something new I can learn
What do you dislike about GopherHole?: Definitely the high-jacking of threads and how they frequently degenerate into personal grudge matches that have no bearing to the topic on hand. We need a "take it outside" page where users can be banned until they figure out how to stay on topic. That and the posters who give too much attention to the Pantherhawks of the world. The dude's a tool - we get it. Don't bring him up again. Ever.
What improvements or features would you like to see enacted?: The aforementioned "take it outside" board for people to clean up their acts. Maybe sub-page categories that breaks them down into categories such as recruiting, game day, Gopher history, coaching, etc.
What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?: Gophersports.com, StarTrib, Pioneer Press, FBT
What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: I'm still a part-time lurker; I post occasionally, but am more interested in reading and learning, then posting.
What other Gopher sports have you attended this past year?: Volleyball and Men's Hockey
What other teams do you have season tickets to (Gopher and/or non-Gopher?: None - was on the Men's hockey season ticket waiting list for what seems like forever - then the year I move out of the Cities, I get asked if I want to buy them. Perhaps if I move back some day.

How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole (Web search, friend, etc.)?: Couldn't tell you. Perhaps it came to me in a dream.

III. Fun Questions

What do you do before/after you attend a Gopher sporting event (tailgated at campus locale, walk through Gold Country/university bookstore, visit Dinkytown venues, etc.)?: Tailgate for football; usually Sally's or Stub & Herb's for other sports.
Who is the most athletic athlete that you witnessed wearing the maroon and gold uniform(s)?: I might be writing my own definition of athletic, but I am going with Eric Decker. Without the top end speed expected of a wide receiver, he did the most with what he had with positioning, smart play, and grittiness. (That's who I personally have witnessed - in Gopher history, it would be Dave Winfield.)
Who is the most dominant player (game changer) that you witnessed in football and/or basketball?: Laurence Maroney - too bad is NFL career fizzled.
Do you stand, sit, mixed during third down defensive stands? Usually stand.
Best/most fun Gopher football and/or basketball game that you attended?: Air Force game in TCF Stadium. First game in the long awaited outdoor venue on a beautiful day and coming away with a victory.

My Survey answers

I. Demographics

Age: 66 Gender: Male. #of years as a Gopher fan: 56 Minnesota Native: Yes.
Hometown: Newport, MN Current Address: Hopkins, MN.
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): B.A. St. Cloud State 1970; M.S. St. Mary's U of MN 1986
Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: Yes Basketball.
Season ticket holder for football and/or basketball: Yes. Basketball for 34 yrs

What do you like about GopherHole?: Good information, especially from Selection Sunday, Johnny Gopher, et. al.

What do you dislike about GopherHole?: Personal attacks and general negativity

What improvements or features would you like to see enacted?: Keep out the trolls whose only purpose is to rile people up -- not add anything cnstructive.

What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?: Twitter, The Daily Gopher, From The Barn, Down with Goldy, Strib and PiPress.

What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: Just ready at the time.

What other teams do you have season tickets to (Gopher and/or non-Gopher?: Gopher men's basketball

How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole (Web search, friend, etc.)?: Reference on the late Paging Jim Shikenjanski site in about 2005 (I think)

III. Fun Questions.

What do you do before/after you attend a Gopher sporting event (tailgated at campus locale, walk through Gold Country/university bookstore, visit Dinkytown venues, etc.)?: Go Home or hang out for the Tubby postgame interview.

Who is the most athletic athlete that you witnessed wearing the maroon and gold uniform(s)?: Rodney Williams, although he could do a lot more with his ability. No one ever flew like him!

Who is the most dominant player (game changer) that you witnessed in football and/or basketball?: Michael Thompson.

Do you stand, sit, mixed during third down defensive stands? Don't go to football games.

Best/most fun Gopher football and/or basketball game that you attended?: When the Gophers whopped Indian by 50.

I. Demographics

Age: 26. Gender: Male. #of years as a Gopher fan: 26. Minnesota Native: Yes.
Hometown: Minneapolis Current Address: Pasadena, California
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): B.A. U of M, Morris Campus 2007 (Biochemistry) and M.Ed. U of M, 2010
Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: I usually try to get to one football game if I can.

What do you like about GopherHole?: Inside information. I like hearing from guys like JohnnyGopher and Rosemountian who have a lot of information on the behind the scenes. I like to watch when dpodoll smacks down pathetic attempts at trolling, or when he corrects perversions of the English language.

What do you dislike about GopherHole?: I think Gopherhole is getting better about it, but when people who clearly have an agenda hijack a thread and make it about something else (read: Wren, LIG, etc.).

What improvements or features would you like to see enacted?: I'm pretty content right now.

What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?: FBT.

What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: Just an occasional poster. When I moved away from MN a few years ago, it gave me a link to my roots.

How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole (Web search, friend, etc.)?: The interwebs.

III. Fun Questions.

What do you do before/after you attend a Gopher sporting event (tailgated at campus locale, walk through Gold Country/university bookstore, visit Dinkytown venues, etc.)?: n/a

Who is the most athletic athlete that you witnessed wearing the maroon and gold uniform(s)?: Not sure? Probably Rodney Williams, simply because I haven't followed sports for that long.

Who is the most dominant player (game changer) that you witnessed in football and/or basketball?: I remember Bobby Jackson taking over games when I was a youngster.

Do you stand, sit, mixed during third down defensive stands? Stand and yell.

Best/most fun Gopher football and/or basketball game that you attended?: Michigan State game in 2009 (football).

I. Demographics

Age: 46. Gender: Male. #of years as a Gopher fan: 31. Minnesota Native: Yes.
Hometown: Hoffman. Current Address: Somerset, WI .
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): B.A. Moorhead State 1988.Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: Yes Basketball.
Season ticket holder for football and/or basketball: yes. (If yes, what sports, how many tickets, and what section(s) are your seats?)
Basektball 2 seats in section 119- split 4 in section 106

What do you like about GopherHole?: Gopher basketball talk. of all kinds, I love the fact that the ardent fans can get their opinions out there and let their voice be heard

What do you dislike about GopherHole?: the petty bickering over spelling, grammer etc. If you can't figure out what the poster meant even with an occasional typo, just ignore it and move on. No need to bash a guy because he mis-spelled something. This does seen to be better over the last couple months. What improvements or features would you like to see enacted?: nothing major What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?: Pioneer Press, Star Trib, Shama

What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: had to comment and compliment someone on a great line or insight I think.

How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole (Web search, friend, etc.)?: Web search about two years ago. Since that time I've told several friends about GopherHole.

III. Fun Questions.

What do you do before/after you attend a Gopher sporting event (tailgated at campus locale, walk through Gold Country/university bookstore, visit Dinkytown venues, etc.)?: occasional beer or two depending on game time and ticket companion.

Who is the most athletic athlete that you witnessed wearing the maroon and gold uniform(s)?: I should say Rodney Williams but if he was as athletic as everyone says he should be able to shoot better, and I have seen him do more athletic things wearing a Howard Pulley league jersey than a maroon and gold-- I am going to go with -can't decide

Who is the most dominant player (game changer) that you witnessed in football and/or basketball?: Bobby Jackson.

Do you stand, sit, mixed during third down defensive stands? n/a
Best/most fun Gopher football and/or basketball game that you attended?: Basketball-- 1999 i think- beating then #1 Illinois. I had seats in the upper deck in the corner and never sat or stopped yelling all game. and the early to mid 90's when I started going to games with my bosses tickets, the spontaneous standing ovations that seemed to come from nowhere

I. Demographics

Age: 26 Gender: Male. #of years as a Gopher fan: 26. Minnesota Native: Yes.
Hometown: Twin Cities. Current Address: Twin Cities
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): B.S. University of Minnesota, 2006.
Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: Have the last two years, but typically no, I prefer watching on the tube in the comfort of my home.

What do you like about GopherHole?: Usually get my Gopher related info from this site, whether it's someone linking something or someone with the inside scoop. I like that there are some who are tuned into the program that post here.

What do you dislike about GopherHole?: The trolling by some, intentionally trying to rile people up with ridiculous emphasis on negative aspects of the program in order to pump up their agenda. I have no problem with negativity, but when you seem to only be here to be a downer, then I don't get why you'd come here.

What improvements or features would you like to see enacted?: Nothing in particular, just more of what is already done, interviews with recruits, current players, etc.

What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?: FBT is my only other main source besides the Rivals/Scout/ESPN sites.

What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: Can't recall, I didn't lurk long though.

How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole (Web search, friend, etc.)?: Probably just a link from another site, I don't recall though.

III. Fun Questions.

What do you do before/after you attend a Gopher sporting event (tailgated at campus locale, walk through Gold Country/university bookstore, visit Dinkytown venues, etc.)?: Not much, maybe get a bite before or after.

Who is the most athletic athlete that you witnessed wearing the maroon and gold uniform(s)?: Probably Rodney Williams lol

Who is the most dominant player (game changer) that you witnessed in football and/or basketball?: Maybe Laurence Maroney.

Do you stand, sit, mixed during third down defensive stands? I stand

Best/most fun Gopher football and/or basketball game that you attended?: Considering I've rarely attended any, the best one I caught was the Cal game in TCF's 2nd game. When we tied up that score, it was electric. Too bad we couldn't hold it, but it was still entertaining, nonetheless.

I. Demographics

Age: 45. Gender: Male. #of years as a Gopher fan: 37. Minnesota Native: Yes.
Hometown: Richfield. Current Address: Burnsville
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): B.A. Augsburg College
Season ticket holder for football and/or basketball: Yes, two season tickets for both

What do you like about GopherHole?: Compared to other teams in Minnesota, there are few Gopher fans. All my friends are sports fans, but few are very knowledgeable about the Gophers. This is the best place to learn more and discuss, including the local media outlets.

What do you dislike about GopherHole?: The trolls have almost beaten me. I don't mind pessimists and opposing opinions, but some are only here to cause chaos.

What improvements or features would you like to see enacted?: The more recruiting news, the better. Updates on current players and how they are progressing during the offseason.

What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?: Star Tribune, Fringe Bowl Team.

What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: Lurked for a long time, but eventually had to give an opinion.

What other Gopher sports have you attended this past year?: None this year.

How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole (Web search, friend, etc.)?: I googled basketball recruiting, Minnesota and found a link to something here about Aliou Kane.

III. Fun Questions.

What do you do before/after you attend a Gopher sporting event? Football games are more of a party. Go to Sallys before many games, tailgate at East Side Flats for others. Sally's after the games. Typically don't do anything before basketball games, but prefer Big 10 for a sub when we do.

Who is the most athletic athlete that you witnessed wearing the maroon and gold uniform(s)?: Would have to be Rodney Williams now. Sam Jacobson was close.

Who is the most dominant player (game changer) that you witnessed in football and/or basketball?: Bobby Jackson, Rickey Foggie.

Do you stand, sit, mixed during third down defensive stands? Stand on every third down. Even when I say "this is the last time if they don't get a stop," I'm usually up the next time anyway.

Best/most fun Gopher football and/or basketball game that you attended?: 1989 win over #1 Illinois. It was loud 10 minutes before tip-off.

WannaCMyGophers

I. Demographics
#of years as a Gopher fan: 21.
Hometown: South Metro MN. Current Address: Southeast Metro, MN.
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): BBA – University of Minnesota Duluth
Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: Yes, Both..
Season ticket holder for football and/or basketball: Yes, Football 4 Seats in 208

What do you like about GopherHole?: Info
What do you dislike about GopherHole?: IA fans posing as gopher fans to only serve as a pain in the #$#%
What improvements or features would you like to see enacted?: Would love a mobile version for easier reading on smart phone.
What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?: Strib, Minnesota Scout site.
What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: I still only interject here and there.
What other Gopher sports have you attended this past year?: None
What other teams do you have season tickets to (Gopher and/or non-Gopher)?: None.

III. Fun Questions.
What do you do before/after you attend a Gopher sporting event (tailgated at campus locale, walk through Gold Country/university bookstore, visit Dinkytown venues, etc.)?: Tailgate before, normally leave after, sometimes hit up Stub &Herbs
Who is the most athletic athlete that you witnessed wearing the maroon and gold uniform(s)?: Rodney Williams
Who is the most dominant player (game changer) that you witnessed in football and/or basketball?: MBIII
Do you stand, sit, mixed during third down defensive stands? Mixed, try to be vocal at all times, stand when appropriate
Best/most fun Gopher football and/or basketball game that you attended?: Air Force 2009

I. Demographics

# of years as Gopher fan: 61
Hometown: Bloomington, MN
Current Address: Tallahassee, FL
Post Secondary degree(s) and School(s): B.S. Eng'g, U of Mn, 1965
Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: No, The 2800 mile round trip is a deterrent.
Season ticket holder for football and/or basketball: No

What do you like about GopherHole? Great place to get/exchange information on Gopher athletics. Enjoy the back and forth banter on all topics. In general it helps me connect with the Gopher Spirit while being too far away to attend games on a regular basis.

What do you dislike about GopherHole? The attempts by individuals to impose their will upon fellow GopherHolers and not respect other's opinions. These are only temporary annoyances, fortunately.

What improvements or features would you like to see enacted? Suggest that the number of threads an individual can start per month be restricted (not sure what that number should be).

What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?: GopherSports.com, GI , The Daily Gopher, BTN, Fox College Sports, Strib, PP.

What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: Had been lurker for 5 to 6 years. Became poster when the Big Ten expansion discussions heated up last year.

What other Gopher sports have you you attended this past year? N/A

What other teams do you have season tickets to (Gopher and/or non-Gopher)?: None

How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole? Just happened upon it while surfing the web.

III. Fun Questions

What did you do before/after you attended a Gopher's sporting event?: Liked to hang out at Coffman Union and stroll about the campus and enjoy the surroundings.

Who is the most athletic athlete(s) that you witnessed wearing the maroon and gold uniform(s)? Ken Yackel (football, hockey, baseball), Lou Hudson (basketball), Dave Winfield (basketball, baseball).

Who is the most dominant player (game changer) that you witnessed in a football and/or basketball? Bobby Bell & Carl Eller; Mychal Thompson

Do you stand, sit, mixed during third down defensive stands? Basically do what the surrounding fans do, unless they're Hogeye or Becky fans.

Best/Most fun Gopher games Gopher football or basketball games that you attended. My favorite football games have always been all the home games my freshman year at the U in 1961. The basketball games were any that I saw when Hudson, Clark, Yates and Kunze were playing in the early 60's. Also loved the Gophers-Michigan hockey game (think it was 1954) that the Gophers and the Mayasich, Campbell, Dougherty line blasted Michigan 5-Zip.

#of years as a Gopher fan: 37
Hometown: Shoreview, MN
Current Address: Bloomington, MN
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): B.A. University of Minnesota, Twin Cities, 1987
Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: Yes, Both
Season ticket holder for football and/or basketball: Yes. Football -

What do you like about GopherHole?: Information, Reactions, Interviews, Links to other articles, early scoops on news, info not found in TC media

What do you dislike about GopherHole?: Hijacking, Some posters ALWAYS being negative, Trolls or anyone with an agenda

What improvements or features would you like to see enacted? Interviews with coaches, more video links

What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?: Star-Trib, PP, GopherIllustrated, FBT, DailyGopher Facebook

What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: N/A, a longtime member and was never a lurker.

What other Gopher sports have you attended this past year?: Basketball

What other teams do you have season tickets to (Gopher and/or non-Gopher?): NA

How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole (Web search, friend, etc.)?: Web search about 12+ years ago back when it was part of the athletic dept site.

III. Fun Questions.

What do you do before/after you attend a Gopher sporting event (tailgated at campus locale, walk through Gold Country/university bookstore, visit Dinkytown venues, etc.)?: Sometimes tailgate in lots with my more affluent friends.

Who is the most athletic athlete that you witnessed wearing the maroon and gold uniform(s)?: Ricky Foggie

Who is the most dominant player (game changer) that you witnessed in football and/or basketball?: Marion Barber, Greg Eslinger Laurence Maroney - FB

Do you stand, sit, mixed during third down defensive stands? Stand and cheer. Section 212 is pretty good about that.

Best/most fun Gopher football and/or basketball game that you attended?: Michigan 03 oh wait, forget about that. Wiscy 05, Purdue 06, Iowa ‘10

I. Demographics

Age: 21. Gender: Male. #of years as a Gopher fan: 21. Minnesota Native: Yes.
Hometown: Chaska. Current Address: Minneapolis, MN.
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): Student B.A.S. IT Infrastructure University of Minnesota.
Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: Yes Both, haven't missed a game for either in 3 years.
Season ticket holder for football and/or basketball: Yes. (If yes, what sports, how many tickets, and what section(s) are your seats?) Student, Football and Basketball

What do you like about GopherHole?:I like to hear what other Gopher fans have to say about the team and also like to read the rumors going around.

What do you dislike about GopherHole?: Usually when people use the site to bash some other fans.

What improvements or features would you like to see enacted?: What graduated Gophers are doing along with having more professional articles from writers on the site.

What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?: Star-Tribune, MN Daily and BTN.

What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: Just started doing the picks and also thought I would give the readers a student's opinion.

What other Gopher sports have you attended this past year?: Women's Basketball and Baseball.

What other teams do you have season tickets to (Gopher and/or non-Gopher?: Twins.

How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole (Web search, friend, etc.)?: Heard from friend.

III. Fun Questions.

What do you do before/after you attend a Gopher sporting event (tailgated at campus locale, walk through Gold Country/university bookstore, visit Dinkytown venues, etc.)?: Go to Sally's or Raising Cane's to eat.

Who is the most athletic athlete that you witnessed wearing the maroon and gold uniform(s)?: Trevor Mbakwe

Who is the most dominant player (game changer) that you witnessed in football and/or basketball?: Lawrence Maroney, Trevor Mbakwe

Do you stand, sit, mixed during third down defensive stands? Stand and yell like I always am.

Best/most fun Gopher football and/or basketball game that you attended?: 2010 Gophers over the Hawkeye's and storming the field afterward.

I. Demographics

#of years as a Gopher fan: 20
Hometown: Breckenridge, MN
Current Address: Minnetonka, MN
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): B.A. Concordia College - Moorhead
Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: Yes, Football tix holder and 2-4 hoops games per year

What do you like about GopherHole?: Get in on the rumors and happenings that you won't hear from the regular outlets

What do you dislike about GopherHole?: Petty bickering

What improvements or features would you like to see enacted?: More pieces on what is going on in the lives of former Gopher athletes

What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?: FBT, Star-Tribune and Pioneer Press

What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: Someone probably said something so stupid I couldn't help but reply :)

How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole (Web search, friend, etc.)?: Heard it from a friend who...heard it from a friend who...

III. Fun Questions.

What do you do before/after you attend a Gopher sporting event (tailgated at campus locale, walk through Gold Country/university bookstore, visit Dinkytown venues, etc.)?: Tailgate or Sally's tent

Who is the most athletic athlete that you witnessed wearing the maroon and gold uniform(s)?: Pure raw athleticism, Rodney Williams.

Who is the most dominant player (game changer) that you witnessed in football and/or basketball?: Bobby Jackson was legit. I swear I witnessed it but supposedly it didn't really happen.

Do you stand, sit, mixed during third down defensive stands? Stand and yell on 3rd and 4th down defensive plays.

Best/most fun Gopher football and/or basketball game that you attended?: Probably the 2006 Iowa game when we got Floyd back after his 5 year vacation - as a younger fan who grew up out-state and only getting to 1-2 games a year, a trophy game win is a big deal.

I. Demographics

Age: 65. Gender: Male. #of years as a Gopher fan: 55. Minnesota Native: No
Hometown: Walhalla, ND. Current Address: Bayfield, WI
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): Math & Physical Education, Mayville State University, ND Post grad studies at University of Minnesota.
Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: 5-6 Football games and usually on road to Iowa or Wisconsin
Season ticket holder for football and/or basketball: Football: Two

What do you like about GopherHole?: Inside info, links to related stories/news, recruiting news.

What do you dislike about GopherHole?: Hijackers, bullheaded and immature posters who get into pi$$ing contests.

What improvements or features would you like to see enacted?: More stories on individual players or coaches

What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?: Star-Tribune, MN Daily, Myrons Fringe Bowl

What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: I wanted to provide my views and contribute to making GH a good discussion board

What other Gopher sports have you attended this past year?: None. 4 hour drive makes it tough

What other teams do you have season tickets to (Gopher and/or non-Gopher?: None

How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole (Web search, friend, etc.)?: Can't recall its been so long ago

III. Fun Questions.

What do you do before/after you attend a Gopher sporting event (tailgated at campus locale, walk through Gold Country/university bookstore, visit Dinkytown venues, etc.)?: Park and walk from east side off University Ave, take in the Pepfest, have a Summit at the Mac Center

Who is the most athletic athlete that you witnessed wearing the maroon and gold uniform(s)?: Dave Winfield

Who is the most dominant player (game changer) that you witnessed in football and/or basketball?: Darrell Thompson

Do you stand, sit, mixed during third down defensive stands? Stand if others stand in front of me.
Best/most fun Gopher football and/or basketball game that you attended?: Huge underdog Gopher win over the Rose Bowl bound Badgers in Madison in 1993.

Tr3ybomb33
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Tr3ybomb33
Find all posts by Tr3ybomb33
Add Tr3ybomb33 to Your Contacts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom