It's Time: 6th Annual GopherHole Survey

Status
Not open for further replies.
#of years as a Gopher fan: 27
Minnesota Native: Yes.
Hometown: St. Paul, MN
Current Address: Woodbury, MN
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): B.A. Political Science, Bethel University (2000)
Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: Yes, Football.
Season ticket holder for football and/or basketball: Yes, Football. 4 seats, section 212 & 206

II. GopherHole-related questions

What do you like about GopherHole?: Message board, articles. It's where I come for news.

What do you dislike about GopherHole?: Hi-jacking of threads...turning every discussion into a Mason vs Brewster pissing match.

What improvements or features would you like to see enacted?: Not sure

What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?: I'll check out FBT, rivals, gophersports.com, StartTribue and Pioneer Press for Gophers news.

What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: I joined over 10 year ago. Never lurked.

What other Gopher sports have you attended this past year?: Baseball

What other teams do you have season tickets to (Gopher and/or non-Gopher?): Partial season tickets for Twins (20 game package)

How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole (Web search, friend, etc.)?: Would have been a web search

III. Fun Questions.

What do you do before/after you attend a Gopher sporting event (tailgated at campus locale, walk through Gold Country/university bookstore, visit Dinkytown venues, etc.)?: Varies. Sometimes I'll tailgate, sometimes I'll hit the bar, sometimes I'll just go straight to the game (if I can't get a babysitter)

Who is the most athletic athlete that you witnessed wearing the maroon and gold uniform(s)?: Lawrence Maroney

Who is the most dominant player (game changer) that you witnessed in football and/or basketball?: Darrell Thompson

Do you stand, sit, mixed during third down defensive stands? Stand and yell....unless we're getting blown out...then I tend to sit and sulk.

Best/most fun Gopher football and/or basketball game that you attended?: 2003 vs Wisconsin, 2010 vs Iowa, 1998 vs Michigan State, 1996 vs Syracuse.

I. Demographics

#of years as a Gopher fan: 29.
Hometown: Osakis, MN
Current Address:Minneapolis, MN
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): B.A. University of Minnesota, 2004
Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: Yes, Both
Season ticket holder for football and/or basketball: Yes, Football; Tickets in both Section 101 (2) and 231 (1)

What do you like about GopherHole?: It's just great to be able to interact with fellow Gopher fans who actually follow Gopher sports. It's sad to me how often people say they are Gopher fans, and then when you actually try to have a conversation with them, they prove themselves to be not informed. That can happen on this board too, of course, but less often.

What do you dislike about GopherHole?: As per most peoples' feelings, those who take over threads, or those who clearly have their own agenda and try to push their own thoughts onto others.

What improvements or features would you like to see enacted?: As others had brought up earlier, it would be nice to have a weekly broadcast feature where Gopher fans could come and listen/watch a series on the Gophers. As someone who works in the sports journalism field, I would like to see if possibly some other GopherHoler's and myself could come up with a way to make that happen in the near future.

What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?: Star Tribune, Pioneer Press, From The Barn, Gopher Sports, local television, Big Ten Network, and the Minnesota Sports Broadcast Network. ;)

What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: Shoot, I don't even remember...probably some post that I rolled my eyes at and said, "I have to say something about this."

What other Gopher sports have you attended this past year?: Football, Men's Basketball, Men's Hockey, Women's Hockey, Volleyball, Wrestling

What other teams do you have season tickets to (Gopher and/or non-Gopher)?: Through my business, I have Wild, Swarm and Timberwolves tickets as well to Gopher football.

How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole (Web search, friend, etc.)?: Again, can't even remember...someone told me about it, or maybe I stumbled on it myself at some point. It was a long time ago now!

III. Fun Questions.

What do you do before/after you attend a Gopher sporting event (tailgated at campus locale, walk through Gold Country/university bookstore, visit Dinkytown venues, etc.)?: Depending on whether I'm working or not, I'll either do some tailgating, or head to a local restaurant and grab something to eat. Following the game, it's typically head to a bar or restaurant, or, during football season, head to either my home or someone else's to watch the remaining college football games during that day.

Who is the most athletic athlete that you witnessed wearing the maroon and gold uniform(s)?: This is a challenging one...I would say Quincy Lewis and Bobby Jackson, as well as Lawrence Maroney. Rodney Williams as far as current players.

Who is the most dominant player (game changer) that you witnessed in football and/or basketball?: Without question, the most dominant player who played head-over-heels above the competition they were playing against was none other than...Lindsay Whalen.

Do you stand, sit, mixed during third down defensive stands? Stand and yell. Always.

Best/most fun Gopher football and/or basketball game that you attended?: Game One at The Bank is pretty special, and was probably the "Best Moment." Winning roadtrips to Illinois (football), Iowa (Basketball), Northwestern (Football), Michigan (Basketball) and Penn State (Basketball) are all memorable. The first three quarters of the Michigan football game in 2003 were the most pure excitement I've ever had as a Gopher fan. We won't go into the details that followed.

Age 55, Male, Fan for 40+ years, non-Minnesota native
Grew-up in Hayward, CA and Mora, MN. Now in northern suburb.
Post secondary Augsburg, U of M and degree from Metropolitan State
Four Gopher Football Season Tickets

Have had partial Season Tickets for Wolves but gave them up two years ago. Had Gopher BB partials years ago.

Gopher Hole likes: Info from Gopher Lady and Monter; humor and info from posters; place for Gopher fans to gather.

Dislikes: trolls, whiners, Mason discussions, temporary bans, people believing that Holtz had a Notre Dame out in his contract. Posters who are fans of their school's football team but because their basketball teams suck come over here and pretend to be Gopher fans. They still end up on the football site whining. Pretend "long time fans" without the balls to fill in the survey.

Would like : Some more Where are They Now features.
Other sites: Rivals, local newspapers, CFN and ESPN.

Generally have breakfast at Moes and ride down on their bus before the game.
Darrell Thompson was the most dominate player I saw in person though depending on how you define it, Bobby Jackson could also apply here.

Stand during 3rd Down Defensive stands.
The 1993 Wisconsin Game was the most exciting, though the Tyrone Carter Vs. Syracuse and Darkins/Alsott match-ups were also pretty great.

I. Demographics
#of years as a Gopher fan: 22
Minnesota Native: No
Hometown: Bismarck, ND
Current Address: Cary, NC
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): B.S. U of MN 1993, M.Ed. U of MN 1997
Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: If I can, went to Puerto Rico Tipoff this year
Season ticket holder for football and/or basketball: basketball 1991-1996 and 1998-2000

What do you like about GopherHole?: I am able to get my Gopher fix daily.
What do you dislike about GopherHole?: The extremes - people who think we are the worst team in the country after a loss and the best after a big win.
What improvements or features would you like to see enacted?: iPad/iPhone/Droid Apps!
What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?: links from GH
What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: Don't post often, only when I can't resist.
What other Gopher sports have you attended this past year?: None, will go see baseball in Wake Forest
What other teams do you have season tickets to (Gopher and/or non-Gopher?: None
How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole (Web search, friend, etc.)?: I found it through a web search early on - 1995ish?

III. Fun Questions.
What do you do before/after you attend a Gopher sporting event (tailgated at campus locale, walk through Gold Country/university bookstore, visit Dinkytown venues, etc.)?: Used to go to Fowl Play before every game, but I don't think it's called Fowl Play anymore.
Who is the most athletic athlete that you witnessed wearing the maroon and gold uniform(s)?: Probably Bobby Jackson. I also remember finally having a "clutch" player in Quincy Lewis.
Do you stand, sit, mixed during third down defensive stands? Stand when it is appropriate. Big plays and big downs.
Best/most fun Gopher football and/or basketball game that you attended?: Beating WI the year they won the Rose Bowl, beating WI in 2004 (football), beating Indiana by 50 against Bobby Knight, beating UNC in Puerto Rico

I. Demographics
#of years as a Gopher fan: since the beginning of time (my time at least)
Minnesota Native: Yes
Hometown: Montevideo, MN
Current Address: Montevideo, MN
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): B.S. UW-River Falls 2005
Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: Yes FB, try hard to for BB
Season ticket holder for football and/or basketball: FB

What do you like about GopherHole?: People that I know in real life are not very informed when it comes to the Gophs, this site fills that need.
What do you dislike about GopherHole?: the flash ads at the board front pages
What improvements or features would you like to see enacted?: more BlackBerry freindly
What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?: GopherSports, FBT, ESPN/SI
What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: I don't recall what made me join the fray, I lurked for a couple months.
What other Gopher sports have you attended this past year?: Hockey, Rowing
How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole (Web search, friend, etc.)?: Google search

III. Fun Questions.
What do you do before/after you attend a Gopher sporting event (tailgated at campus locale, walk through Gold Country/university bookstore, visit Dinkytown venues, etc.)?: Tailgate before, tailgate after.
Who is the most athletic athlete that you witnessed wearing the maroon and gold uniform(s)?: Stylez G White.
Do you stand, sit, mixed during third down defensive stands? Stand and holler when we are in the game, sit when we aren't.
Best/most fun Gopher football and/or basketball game that you attended?: @Mich 2005

I. Demographics

#of years as a Gopher fan: 25
Hometown: Saint Paul, MN
Current Address: West Saint Paul, MN
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): B.A. Lawrence University(Appleton, WI 2005)
Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: Yes both
Season ticket holder for football and/or basketball: Yes Football 2 tickets section 246, Hockey 2 tickets

What do you like about GopherHole?: The content, the message board, info you can get for free

What do you dislike about GopherHole?: Overreaction after losses

What improvements or features would you like to see enacted?: nothing I can think of off the top of my head.

What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?: Star Tribune, Gopherpucklive.com, gophersports.com

What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: Have been posting the entire time

What other Gopher sports have you attended this past year?: Hockey, Basketball

What other teams do you have season tickets to (Gopher and/or non-Gopher?: Gopher Hockey as stated above

How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole google
III. Fun Questions.

What do you do before/after you attend a Gopher sporting event (tailgated at campus locale, walk through Gold Country/university bookstore, visit Dinkytown venues, etc.)?: For football I either tailgate or go to a bar in stadium village beforehand. Basketball/hockey usually a bar in Stadium Village

Who is the most athletic athlete that you witnessed wearing the maroon and gold uniform(s)?: Lawrence Maroney

Who is the most dominant player (game changer) that you witnessed in football and/or basketball?: Lawrence Maroney

Do you stand, sit, mixed during third down defensive stands? Stand and yell.

Best/most fun Gopher football and/or basketball game that you attended?: Football- Iowa Nov 2010, Basketball vs WI Feb 2010

#of years as a Gopher fan: 19
Hometown: Champlinl, MN
Current Address: Wisconsin Dells, WI
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): Currently attending UW-Baraboo
Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: Yes
Season ticket holder for football and/or basketball: No

What do you like about GopherHole?: Where I come for news

What do you dislike about GopherHole?: How some posters only want this to be a Gopher fans board, don't want other schools posters insights.

What improvements or features would you like to see enacted?: More JohnnyGopher posts

What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?: Rivals, news
What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: Not sure.
What other Gopher sports have you attended this past year?: Minnesota's club soccer team, my dad is good friends with their head coach

What other teams do you have season tickets to (Gopher and/or non-Gopher?): UW-Baraboo basketball:D

How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole (Web search, friend, etc.)?: Web search
III. Fun Questions.

What do you do before/after you attend a Gopher sporting event (tailgated at campus locale, walk through Gold Country/university bookstore, visit Dinkytown venues, etc.)?: Tailgate, go home

Who is the most athletic athlete that you witnessed wearing the maroon and gold uniform(s)?: Rodney Williams, Lawrence Maroney

Who is the most dominant player (game changer) that you witnessed in football and/or basketball?: Bobby Jackson

Do you stand, sit, mixed during third down defensive stands? Stand and yell till I'm blue in the face

Best/most fun Gopher football and/or basketball game that you attended?: 1999 at Penn State.

I. Demographics

#of years as a Gopher fan: 33.
Hometown: Minnetonka, MN
Current Address: Edina, MN
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): B.A. Wisconsin, M.B.A. Illinois
Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: Yes, football
Season ticket holder for football and/or basketball: Yes Football, Section 110

What do you like about GopherHole?: Best site for Gopher related football discussion.

What do you dislike about GopherHole?: Personal insults. Blue language, etc.

What improvements or features would you like to see enacted?: I'd like to see the platform be mobile capable - it is hard to read on my phone

What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?: Star-Tribune, Pioneer Press

What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: A friend started posting

What other Gopher sports have you attended this past year?: None.

What other teams do you have season tickets to (Gopher and/or non-Gopher?: None.

How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole (Web search, friend, etc.)?: Friend told me about it

III. Fun Questions.

What do you do before/after you attend a Gopher sporting event (tailgated at campus locale, walk through Gold Country/university bookstore, visit Dinkytown venues, etc.)?: Tailgate in Ski-U-Mah

Who is the most athletic athlete that you witnessed wearing the maroon and gold uniform(s)?: Marion Barber

Who is the most dominant player (game changer) that you witnessed in football and/or basketball?: Football: Decker or Eslinger, Hockey: Bonin or Vanek

Do you stand, sit, mixed during third down defensive stands? Stand.

Best/most fun Gopher football and/or basketball game that you attended?: Football - Iowa 2011

I. Demographics

#of years as a Gopher fan: 9.
Hometown: Woodbury (born, moved around).
Current Address: La Crosse, Wisconsin.
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s):
Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: Yes Football.
Season ticket holder for football and/or basketball: Yes, Football, 2 tickets, section 243.

What do you like about GopherHole?: That Golden Gopher fans have a place to connect. Near or far, we've always got a place to go with people who support our team.
What do you dislike about GopherHole?: Bickering. I understand being upset, but when it comes to brass tacks, we all want to see success for the University of Minnesota and the teams that wear maroon and gold.
What improvements or features would you like to see enacted?: Keep with pregame and postgame commentary.
What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?: FBT, Gopher Illustrated, Gopher Puck Live.
What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: I signed up when I had way more time, was a poster from back in the days as 'wsuwarrior'.

What other teams do you have season tickets to (Gopher and/or non-Gopher?: None.

How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole (Web search, friend, etc.)?: I believe it was my brother who told me about it, but it was years ago.

III. Fun Questions.

What do you do before/after you attend a Gopher sporting event (tailgated at campus locale, walk through Gold Country/university bookstore, visit Dinkytown venues, etc.)?: Before is spent at Stub & Herb's, were my dad, brother and I wax poetic about Rose Bowls of future year. Or at least beating wisconsin.
Who is the most athletic athlete that you witnessed wearing the maroon and gold uniform(s)?:
Phil Kessel, quite the player...too bad he wasn't around longer.
Who is the most dominant player (game changer) that you witnessed in football and/or basketball?: Marion Barber III, football. Blake Hoffarber, basketball.
Do you stand, sit, mixed during third down defensive stands? Stand and yell. Heck, I have seats in the back row so I can stand all game.

Best/most fun Gopher football and/or basketball game that you attended?: 2005 Michigan. Gary Russell breaking down the sideline, Jason Giannini kicking that field goal. After two straight absolute gut punchers...most satifsying drive back from Eastern Michigan EVER.

Demographics

#of years as a Gopher fan: 12
Minnesota Native: No.
Hometown: Johnsburg, IL
Current Address: Minneapolis, MN
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): B.A. University of Minnesota, Twin Cities, 2010
Season ticket holder for football and/or basketball: Yes. Football

What do you like about GopherHole?: Information, Finding comfort in knowing Im not alone in my suffering as a Gopher Fan.

What do you dislike about GopherHole?: Relentless negativity by some posters. I love hearing from fans of other schools, but hate when they hijack threads. Childish hatred of the vikings for supposed "gophercentric" reasons, and the inevitable debate that always springs up when the vikings are ever mentioned.

What improvements or features would you like to see enacted? I actually wish that the gopherhole, and GPL would merge to form one site. It is a reflection of, and works to reinforce the ridiculous divide between the gopherpuck cult culture and the mainstream sports (football and hoops) culture.

What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?: FBT, Gophersports.com, gopherpucklive.com, bigten network, bigtennetwork.com

What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: The opportunity to voice my ideas for, and support of the new football stadium

What other Gopher sports have you attended this past year?: Hockey, Baseball, WGymnastics

What other teams do you have season tickets to (Gopher and/or non-Gopher?): none

How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole (Web search, friend, etc.)?: Web search.

III. Fun Questions.

What do you do before/after you attend a Gopher sporting event (tailgated at campus locale, walk through Gold Country/university bookstore, visit Dinkytown venues, etc.)?: Gather and eat/drink at home (a few blocks from campus)

Who is the most athletic athlete that you witnessed wearing the maroon and gold uniform(s)?: Thomas Vanek.

Who is the most dominant player (game changer) that you witnessed in football and/or basketball?: Laurence Maroney

Do you stand, sit, mixed during third down defensive stands? Stand and yell my balls off!! unless the game is already out of hand, of course.

Best/most fun Gopher football and/or basketball game that you attended?: Best football game - Purdue 2005, most fun - Air Force 2009

Demographics

#of years as a Gopher fan: 31
Minnesota Native: yes
Hometown: stillwater, mn
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): B.S. Winona St. U 2002
Masters - University of Minnesota, Twin Cities, 2003
Season ticket holder for football and/or basketball: Yes. Football

What do you like about GopherHole?: Chris Monter's interviews
What do you dislike about GopherHole?: Relentless negativity by some posters. I love hearing from fans of other schools, but hate when they hijack threads.

What improvements or features would you like to see enacted? none

What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?: FBT, Gophersports.com, gopherillustrated.com

What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: voice my opinion and share info

What other Gopher sports have you attended this past year?: Hockey

What other teams do you have season tickets to (Gopher and/or non-Gopher?): none

How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole (Web search, friend, etc.)?: the split from rivals

III. Fun Questions.

What do you do before/after you attend a Gopher sporting event (tailgated at campus locale, walk through Gold Country/university bookstore, visit Dinkytown venues, etc.)?: tailgate with friends

Who is the most athletic athlete that you witnessed wearing the maroon and gold uniform(s)?: M. Gray

Who is the most dominant player (game changer) that you witnessed in football and/or basketball?: Bobby Jackson

Do you stand, sit, mixed during third down defensive stands? Stand and yell

Best/most fun Gopher football and/or basketball game that you attended?: Iowa 2010

#of years as a Gopher fan: 40
Hometown: North St. Paul, MN
Current Address: St. Anthony, MN
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): BS Michigan Technological University, 1983; MS University of Minnesota 1993
Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: Yes, Football
Season ticket holder for football and/or basketball: Football - Section 144.

What do you like about GopherHole?: Following Gopher football and basketball through the eyes of other fans. Like to see the articles by the Gopher Hole staff and all the thoughts and opinions surrounding recruiting, games, the stadium, etc.
What do you dislike about GopherHole?: Folks who can't just let others state their opinion without having to show that their opinion is the "correct one".
What improvements or features would you like to see enacted?: Quicker moderator action when threads get out of hand. I like the way some threads are locked by the moderators on GPL.

What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?: Gopher Puck Live, Gopher Sports, Star Tribune, Pioneer Press, Big Ten Network, and FSN.

What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: Just decided to chime in although I rarely post and most often lurk.

What other Gopher sports have you attended this past year?: Men's Hockey

What other teams do you have season tickets to (Gopher and/or non-Gopher)?: Gopher Men's hockey - Section 4.

How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole (Web search, friend, etc.)?:Web search

III. Fun Questions.

What do you do before/after you attend a Gopher sporting event (tailgated at campus locale, walk through Gold Country/university bookstore, visit Dinkytown venues, etc.)?: Grab a bite before the game, park on the West bank and stroll across campus.

Who is the most athletic athlete that you witnessed wearing the maroon and gold uniform(s)?: Tough to answer.

Who is the most dominant player (game changer) that you witnessed in football and/or basketball?: Ricky Foggie for football and Thomas Vanek for hockey.

Do you stand, sit, mixed during third down defensive stands? Stand and holler mostly.

Best/most fun Gopher football and/or basketball game that you attended?: The stadium opener against Air Force.

#of years as a Gopher fan: 15
Hometown: Marietta, GA
Current Address: Robbinsdale, MN
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): BS 1981 UGA; BS UM 1992; MS Program UM 1994
Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: Yes, Football.
Season ticket holder for football and/or basketball: Yes, Football. 2 seats, section 212

What do you like about GopherHole?: Good all-year site for all things Gopher Football.

What do you dislike about GopherHole?: Sometimes it gets too personal. Following the program should be fun.

What improvements or features would you like to see enacted?: Not sure

What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?: GopherSports.com; Star Tribune; Pioneer Press; College Football News.

What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: Started around the GI-GH split. Lost my original moniker (GopherBill) to GI...became BilldGopher.

What other Gopher sports have you attended this past year? None.

What other teams do you have season tickets to (Gopher and/or non-Gopher?): None.

How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole (Web search, friend, etc.)?: Was posting at the Star Tribune site in 2003 and a reference to GH was made. Been coming ever since.

III. Fun Questions.

What do you do before/after you attend a Gopher sporting event (tailgated at campus locale, walk through Gold Country/university bookstore, visit Dinkytown venues, etc.)?: More often than not Mrs. Billd and myself have a drink and bite at the Alumni Center before the game. We spend anywhere from $35 - $70 for sitters on gameday...so it does get expen$ive at times.

Who is the most dominant player (game changer) that you witnessed in football and/or basketball?: Trio of Barber, Maroney, and Tapeh in the 2003 backfield.

Do you stand, sit, mixed during third down defensive stands? Mixed - stand on all 3rd down defensive plays (unless futile). Yell on all defensive plays...try to tone it down on offense. Consistently loud.

Best/most fun Gopher football and/or basketball game that you attended?: Had some amazing times (mostly losses :() but maybe the recent drought makes Iowa 2010 stand out so much from the rest.

Thanks DL65 for the poll.

Go Gophers! Get Strengthened!

#of years as a Gopher fan: 20+
Minnesota Native: Born in Mpls
Hometown: Northern Wisco
Current Address: Texas
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): BME UM 91
Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: No

What do you like about GopherHole?: Minimal moderator interference. Original articles. Interesting posters.

What do you dislike about GopherHole?: Quite happy with it.

What improvements or features would you like to see enacted?: More interviews, reporting.

What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?: Star-Tribune

What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: Former long time CFN poster. Got tired of their overbearing moderators and mambie-pambie posters. You couldn't fart over there without someone whining about it. This is much better. Better to be offended occasionally than over moderated IMO.

I. Demographics

#of years as a Gopher fan: 5
Hometown: Cincinnati, Ohio
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): B.S. University of Minnesota 2011
Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: Yes both
Season ticket holder for football and/or basketball: No, but in bands for both

What do you like about GopherHole?: The articles, the interviews, the information from the likes of JohnnyGopher, GopherLady, SelectionSunday, ect. The high knowledge of the game of football and basketball by many posters

What do you dislike about GopherHole?: Meltdowns after pretty much every loss, trolls baiting, thread hijacking

What improvements or features would you like to see enacted?: More stringent rules to keep certain subjects off of the athletic boards, articles concerning former players, not just football and basketball

What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?: FBT, Gopher Illustrated, The Daily Gopher, Buck Bravo, Scout, Star-Tribune, Pioneer Press

What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: Never really lurked, joined when I first found out about it

What other Gopher sports have you attended this past year?: Volleyball against Penn State, various Women's and Men's hockey games,

How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole (Web search, friend, etc.)?: I think I learned about the site through wikipedia, but I can't remember

III. Fun Questions.

What do you do before/after you attend a Gopher sporting event (tailgated at campus locale, walk through Gold Country/university bookstore, visit Dinkytown venues, etc.)?: Well in the past I've done band related things, but I'm graduating this years so I guess I'll figure that out soon

Who is the most athletic athlete that you witnessed wearing the maroon and gold uniform(s)?: Rodney Williams (just shows how young I am)

Who is the most dominant player (game changer) that you witnessed in football and/or basketball?: Eric Decker (football)

Do you stand, sit, mixed during third down defensive stands? Stand and yell. LOUD.

Best/most fun Gopher football and/or basketball game that you attended?: Iowa 2010. The only sporting event where I've cried.

-Demographics

#of years as a Gopher fan: 16
Hometown: Winona, MN
Current Address: Winona, MN
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): Currently Exercise Science Major at Winona State (2012)
Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: I try

What do you like about GopherHole?: Keeping myself up to date on recruits (mainly basketball), and discussions over the basketball games

What do you dislike about GopherHole?: Nothing, just some of the posters

What improvements or features would you like to see enacted? Maybe adding some different boards under each sports. For example, just adding a recruitment board, game thread board, etc. to keep it more organized and easier to find what you're interested in.

What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?: Gophersports, Star, Facebook

What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: Always been a poster, just don't post too often

What other Gopher sports have you attended this past year?: Winona State - Minnesota basketball exhibition

What other teams do you have season tickets to (Gopher and/or non-Gopher?): None

How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole (Web search, friend, etc.)?: ESPN message boards

III. Fun Questions.

What do you do before/after you attend a Gopher sporting event (tailgated at campus locale, walk through Gold Country/university bookstore, visit Dinkytown venues, etc.)?: Eat all that's good

Who is the most athletic athlete that you witnessed wearing the maroon and gold uniform(s)?: Rodney Williams

Who is the most dominant player (game changer) that you witnessed in football and/or basketball?: Barber and Maroney tandom

Do you stand, sit, mixed during third down defensive stands? Depends

Best/most fun Gopher football and/or basketball game that you attended?: Winona State beating the Gophers a few years back in an exhibition game :)

. Demographics

#of years as a Gopher fan: 37
Hometown: Lake Crystal, MN
Current Address: Le Sueur, MN
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): B.A. Westmar College, LeMars, IA 1981
Season ticket holder for football and/or basketball: Yes. 4 Football - Section 212

What do you like about GopherHole?: Information, Reactions, Interviews, Characters

What do you dislike about GopherHole?: All the complaining about other posters.

What improvements or features would you like to see enacted? Historical stories, Gopherhole party at a game.

What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?: Star-Trib, PP, Twitter, Facebook, Gophersports.com

What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: N/A, a longtime member and was never a lurker.

What other Gopher sports have you attended this past year?: none

What other teams do you have season tickets to (Gopher and/or non-Gopher?):

How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole (Web search, friend, etc.)?: Web search about 10-12 years ago. Since that time I've told several friends about GopherHole.

III. Fun Questions.

What do you do before/after you attend a Gopher sporting event (tailgated at campus locale, walk through Gold Country/university bookstore, visit Dinkytown venues, etc.)?: Stub and Herbs, Sally's, Caribou, Big Ten, Campus Pizza, Leaning Tower of Pizza, Burger King, Arby's, Tailgate

Who is the most athletic athlete that you witnessed wearing the maroon and gold uniform(s)?: Ricky Foggie, Eric Decker,

Who is the most dominant player (game changer) that you witnessed in football and/or basketball?: Laurence Maroney - FB

Do you stand, sit, mixed during third down defensive stands? Stand and clap.

Best/most fun Gopher football and/or basketball game that you attended?: 90's football against Iowa when they were supposedly rose Bowl bound.. Loved that game. Sunbowl against Oregon where Rhys Lloyd kicked the game winner... Great trip!

Demographics

#of years as a Gopher fan: 24
Hometown: Lakeville, MN
Current Address: Apple Valley, MN
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): B.A: University of Minnesota-Twin Cities, 2002
Season ticket holder for football and/or basketball: Football (formerly basketball)

What do you like about GopherHole?: Inside Information, News, Discussions, football and basketball pick-em and other games, and Selection Sunday

What do you dislike about GopherHole?: Trolls, fans of other teams coming on and berating us

What improvements or features would you like to see enacted? More games & contests, more humorous posts by fellow members

What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?: Just about every one out there

What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: I never really lurked - as soon as friends turned me onto the site, I've been an active participant.

What other teams do you have season tickets to (Gopher and/or non-Gopher?): None.

How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole (Web search, friend, etc.)?: My great friend Josh087 got me started in here.

III. Fun Questions.

What do you do before/after you attend a Gopher sporting event? I tailgate before all home football games, then usually head home to take care of my kids right afterward. When I go to basketball games, I try to grab food/drink in Stadium Village at some point before or after.

Who is the most athletic athlete that you witnessed wearing the maroon and gold uniform(s)?: Rodney Williams, Ron Johnson, MarQueis Gray

Who is the most dominant player (game changer) that you witnessed in football and/or basketball?: Tyrone Carter, Lindsay Whalen

Do you stand, sit, mixed during third down defensive stands? Stand, Clap, and Yell

Best/most fun Gopher football and/or basketball game that you attended?: Basketball: 2/9/2000 vs. Indiana - Przybilla's last game, when we beat the top-10 Hoosiers on Joel's last-second basket. Hands down the loudest I ever heard the Barn. I also was there on a first date with a very nice Gopher rube sorority girl...one of the best dates I ever went on.

Football: 10/10/2003 vs. Michigan - Josh087 and I wax nostalgic about this one all the time. Sure it was heartbreak city, but the first three quarters were as exciting and dominating as we've ever seen. To top it all off, this was the first Gopher game after I got married...my wife and I made sure to get back from our honeymoon early for the Friday night kickoff. For a while, I thought it was the greatest decision ever...until they blew up in the 4th, and now it's something I'll never live down. For pure excitement and circumstance, it has no equal. Until we fly to Pasadena someday.

TEMPLATE

. Demographics
#of years as a Gopher fan:
Minnesota Native:
Hometown:
Current Address:
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s):
Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year:
Season ticket holder for football and/or basketball:

What do you like about GopherHole?:

What do you dislike about GopherHole?:

What improvements or features would you like to see enacted?

What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?:

What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?:

What other Gopher sports have you attended this past year?:

What other teams do you have season tickets to (Gopher and/or non-Gopher?):

How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole (Web search, friend, etc.)?:

III. Fun Questions.
What do you do before/after you attend a Gopher sporting event (tailgated at campus locale, walk through Gold Country/university bookstore, visit Dinkytown venues, etc.)?:

Who is the most athletic athlete that you witnessed wearing the maroon and gold uniform(s)?:

Who is the most dominant player (game changer) that you witnessed in football and/or basketball?:

Do you stand, sit, mixed during third down defensive stands?

Best/most fun Gopher football and/or basketball game that you attended?:

I. Demographics

Age: 26. Gender: Male. #of years as a Gopher fan: 21. Minnesota Native: Yes.
Hometown: Apple Valley. Current Address: Bloomington, MN.
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): B.S. North Park University 2007.
Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: Yes Botj.
Season ticket holder for football and/or basketball: Yes, Football.

What do you like about GopherHole?: A great place to learn things about gopher athletics from other like minded fans. A fantastic way to keep up on the scuttlebutt.
What do you dislike about GopherHole?: The fact that a vast majority of threads turn into bickering about the same four topics. The constant rehashing of old debates.
What improvements or features would you like to see enacted?: More videos of midgets riding large cats posted to the homepage. More interviews with current gophers instead of just prospective types.
What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?: FBT and Gopher Illustrated.
What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: My doctor said it would be good for my health.
What other Gopher sports have you attended this past year?: Basketball, Football, and Baseball.

How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole (Web search, friend, etc.)?: Dayjoh And The Hipster Doofus.

III. Fun Questions.

What do you do before/after you attend a Gopher sporting event (tailgated at campus locale, walk through Gold Country/university bookstore, visit Dinkytown venues, etc.)?: Get myself psyched up that perhaps today is the day and this is the year.
Who is the most athletic athlete that you witnessed wearing the maroon and gold uniform(s)?: Probably Rodney to be completely honest, whether he is a good basketball player or not I am continually wowed by his ability to get off the floor.
Who is the most dominant player (game changer) that you witnessed in football and/or basketball?: Harold Howell, Football and Justin Cobbs, Basketball

Best/most fun Gopher football and/or basketball game that you attended?: Honestly, this is probably the Iowa football game from this past year. I was out of state for a long time and it was just amazing to be back and watch us beat up on the fighting Rhabdomyolsis' out in the cold.

. Demographics
#of years as a Gopher fan: 50+
Hometown: Alexandria
Current Address:Alexandria
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): BA Business and Marketing-Moorhead St.
Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: try
Season ticket holder for football and/or basketball: former bb

What do you like about GopherHole?: A place to get Gopher info and interact with fellow Gopher fans. Some good humor.

What do you dislike about GopherHole?: Arrogant and pompous posters. Posters that keep beating a dead horse. Posters that rip new posters.

What improvements or features would you like to see enacted? I'm still thinking

What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?:pP, Strib,BTN, Shama

What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: Didn't lurk too long before I started posting. Some probably wish I was still just lurking.

What other Gopher sports have you attended this past year?: none

How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole (Web search, friend, etc.)?: From Fresh Trout a few years ago.

III. Fun Questions.
What do you do before/after you attend a Gopher sporting event (tailgated at campus locale, walk through Gold Country/university bookstore, visit Dinkytown venues, etc.)?: Used to be Station19 to Stub and Herbs and back to Station19. Now usually go to the MAC.

Who is the most athletic athlete that you witnessed wearing the maroon and gold uniform(s)?: That's a tough one to answer.

Who is the most dominant player (game changer) that you witnessed in football and/or basketball?: Lou Hudson, Bobby Jackson.

Do you stand, sit, mixed during third down defensive stands? Usually sit until those in front of me stand. I then stand and don't complain.

Best/most fun Gopher football and/or basketball game that you attended?: BB-1964 vs Ill, my first game, Hudson, Clark and Yates were sophomores. 1992, wins against #11 Mich #11MSU and #4 Indiana. The 97 year. FB-my first game at TCF.

I. Demographics

Age: 33 Gender: Male. #of years as a Gopher fan: 30. Minnesota Native: Yes.
Current Address: Maple Grove, MN
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): B.S. University of Kansas; MBA San Diego State University
Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: Yes Both
Season ticket holder for football and/or basketball: Yes for both. Sec. 212 for football, 217 for hoops.

What do you like about GopherHole?: Far and away the best thing about GopherHole is the relationships I've developed. I have made friends with many people as a result of GH. Beyond that, sharing the passion that we all have, the humor that is often posted and the great insight and analysis by so many of you.

What do you dislike about GopherHole?: I'm so happy that more and more people are moving from lurker to poster, but I'd love to see more.

What improvements or features would you like to see enacted?: I love Gopher history so we're always looking for contact information of former Gopher athletes to profile in the Where are they now features.

What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?: I get most of what I need on GH, but certainly check all of the local and national news sites that may be covering the Gophers.

What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: I think I signed up right when I first found out about this site back in 1997 or 1998.

What other Gopher sports have you attended this past year?: Men's Tennis and Men's Hockey.

How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole (Web search, friend, etc.)?: I came during the early years of GopherHole after one of my Ohio State friends told me about an OSU message board. A quick online search and I was hooked!!

III. Fun Questions.

What do you do before/after you attend a Gopher sporting event (tailgated at campus locale, walk through Gold Country/university bookstore, visit Dinkytown venues, etc.)?: Visit Gold Country and hit up Sally's, Big Ten or Stub & Herbs.

Who is the most athletic athlete that you witnessed wearing the maroon and gold uniform(s)?: I'm a student of Gopher sports history as I grew up hearing stories about the Gophers while my friends read Curious George or Clifford. While I never saw him play, my Dad contends that Noel Jenke is the greatest athlete in Gopher sports history. In my time, I'd have to say Sam, Bauer (pre-injuries), Rodney, Maroney and Foggie.

Who is the most dominant player (game changer) that you witnessed in football and/or basketball?: Willie, Bobby, Grier (v. UW at The Barn), Maroney, Darkins and Darrell.

Do you stand, sit, mixed during third down defensive stands? Stand and yell and then turn and tell the people behind me that this isn't the Guthrie and if they want to sit on big plays, the Guthrie is downtown.

Best/most fun Gopher football and/or basketball game that you attended?: Hoops: Indiana home game in 1997, the welcome home celebration after we beat UCLA, the Kentucky Final Four game and oddly the 1998 NIT win over Marqutte which was amazingly LOUD for an NIT game. In football I'd have to say the Air Force/TCF stadium opener, the Iowa win this year and the Cal and FIU road games (while both loses, nothing beats watching the Gophers on the road at a warm location - I can't wait for USC!)

Go Gophers!!

. Demographics
#of years as a Gopher fan: About 50
Hometown: In northern Minnesota
Current Address: Far north "suburb"
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): BS U of Minn
Season ticket holder for football and/or basketball: Share football/share basketball

What do you like about GopherHole?: Place to get additional information even if some of it is rumors. The thoughtful posters who provide insights.

What do you dislike about GopherHole?: Meltdowns after losses; ripping on Gopher athletes; the posters who have an obvious agenda.

What improvements or features would you like to see enacted? Make a forum for just politics and save Off Topic Forum for discussions where it isn't mostly someone trying to push his or her political views.

What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?:Strib,BTN,PP,radio until they tick me off

What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: I think a poster (bronkonagurski?) made some statement I thought stupid and needed rebuttal.

What other Gopher sports have you attended this past year?: Men's hockey, women's basketball

What other teams do you have season tickets to (Gopher and/or non-Gopher?): Twins, share Gopher women's basketball

How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole (Web search, friend, etc.)?: Darn if I remember

III. Fun Questions.
What do you do before/after you attend a Gopher sporting event (tailgated at campus locale, walk through Gold Country/university bookstore, visit Dinkytown venues, etc.)?: Walk from and to the Oak Street Ramp

Who is the most athletic athlete that you witnessed wearing the maroon and gold uniform(s)?: Lou Hudson

Who is the most dominant player (game changer) that you witnessed in football and/or basketball?: Mychal Thompson, Bobby Jackson

Do you stand, sit, mixed during third down defensive stands? Depends on situation

Best/most fun Gopher football and/or basketball game that you attended?: First game at TCF; Iowa win last year; not sure if it was "fun" but the Ohio State brawl was certainly the most memorable

I.
# OF YEARS AS A GOPHER FAN: 20
MN NATIVE: Yes, from Shoreview
CURRENT ADDRESS: Sioux Falls, SD
DEGREES: None really (Master Plumber), does that count?!
ATTEND AT LEAST ONE GAME/YEAR: Yes, Football
SEASON TICKETS: Yes, Football. 5 seats in Section 232

II.
WHAT DO I LIKE ABOUT GH: All the current information but mostly the posters. There are some hilarious people on here.
WHAT DO I DISLIKE ABOUT GH: Hijacked threads and fans of the iowa rabdo's.
WHAT IMPROVEMENTS: Maybe a stickied thread explaining our traditions/history/experience or a video for all of our new BIG comrades from Nebraska who might want to find out more about their new opponents. A men's hockey board.
OTHER SITES FOR GOPH INFO: FBT, the papers, recruiting sites, The Daily Gopher, BTN.
OTHER SEASON TICKETS: Sioux Falls Stampede Hockey.
WHAT MADE ME A POSTER: I had to comment on a gameday thread while I was hammered.
HOW DID I DISCOVER G-HOLE: My brother is a student at the U and he told me about it.

III.
WHAT DO I DO BEFORE/AFTER GAMES: Tailgate in the State fair lot with my brother, wife, and good friends. Sometimes we go to the Goalline club parties before and after.
MOST ATHLETIC GOPHER: Tough one, umm..Tyrone Carter. I met him while I was in Highschool and I couldn't believe how put together he was.
MOST DOMINANT ATHLETE: Darrell Thompson even though I was young. 2nd place: the Barber/Maroney combination, I always felt either one of them would score on every carry.
SIT/STAND: Stand all the way, our section is great about this.
BEST GAME ATTENDED. Last years Iowa game is the most memorable over the last few years along with the first game against AF at the new Brickhouse. Also, The Blake Wheeler diving goal against und for the Final Five title.

Demographics

#of years as a Gopher fan: 32
Hometown: Golden Valley, MN
Current Address: New Hope, MN
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): B.S. University of Kansas, 2002
Season ticket holder for football and/or basketball: Yes. Football - 209, Basketball - 214

What do you like about GopherHole?: Information, Reactions, Interviews, Characters

What do you dislike about GopherHole?: Hijacking, personal attacks, when threads go south...

What improvements or features would you like to see enacted? lasers, music, flashing lights

What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?: Twitter

What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: BleedGopher mad me do it

What other teams do you have season tickets to (Gopher and/or non-Gopher?): partial Twins

How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole (Web search, friend, etc.)?: BleedGopher

III. Fun Questions.

What do you do before/after you attend a Gopher sporting event (tailgated at campus locale, walk through Gold Country/university bookstore, visit Dinkytown venues, etc.)?: Sallys or Big Ten for Bball. Not much for football.

Who is the most dominant player (game changer) that you witnessed in football and/or basketball?: Laurence Maroney - FB

Do you stand, sit, mixed during third down defensive stands? Stand and clap.

Best/most fun Gopher football and/or basketball game that you attended?: '93 NIT Title game, '01 battle for the Ax

BBShopGo4

I. Demographics

Age: 45. Gender: Male. #of years as a Gopher fan: 35. Minnesota Native: Yes.
Hometown: Minneapolis. Current Address: Golden Valley, MN.
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): B.A. Carleton College 1987.
Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: Yes Football.
Season ticket holder for football and/or basketball: Yes, Football, Sec. 213, 2

What do you like about GopherHole?: A great one-stop place to get Gopher FB & BB info quickly. The great links to Gopher-related news that I wouldn't have found otherwise. The lively discussions and humor of the most posting members. The knowledgeable info and perspective provided by GopherLady, Selection Sunday, JohnnyGopher, Chris Monter and numerous others.

What do you dislike about GopherHole?: Hijacking of threads and at times petty bickering, which can make some threads unreadable. (Though this is probably unavoidable on an Internet message board.)

What improvements or features would you like to see enacted?: Regular interviews with coaching staff members that go more in depth than normal media outlets.

What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?: FBT, The Daily Gopher, Star-Tribune and Pioneer Press.

What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: Could stay on the sidelines any longer. I've got an opinion on just about everything...just ask my wife.

What other Gopher sports have you attended this past year?: Women's Volleyball, Hockey

What other teams do you have season tickets to (Gopher and/or non-Gopher?: None...yet.

How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole (Web search, friend, etc.)?: Web search about 2 years ago.

III. Fun Questions.

What do you do before/after you attend a Gopher sporting event (tailgated at campus locale, walk through Gold Country/university bookstore, visit Dinkytown venues, etc.)?: Drive to the stadium and park the car.

Who is the most athletic athlete that you witnessed wearing the maroon and gold uniform(s)?: Rodney Williams

Who is the most dominant player (game changer) that you witnessed in football and/or basketball?: Kevin McHale - BB, Tyrone Carter - FB

Best/most fun Gopher football and/or basketball game that you attended?: 2010 Iowa win. After such a dismal season and with uncertainty as to the new coach, it was such a wonderful feeling to see the guys step up and the pain on the faces of the Iowa fans. To be rewarded for staying true to the Gophers when so many others had sold their tickets was satisfying. And to be given the gift of some optimism to tide me over through the off-season was priceless.

I. Demographics

Age: 25. Gender: Male. #of years as a Gopher fan: 25. Minnesota Native: Yes.
Hometown: Minneapolis, MN. Current Address: Minneapolis, MN
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): Normandale Community College (AA), Metropolitan State University (BS - Management)

What do you like about GopherHole?: It's free.
What do you dislike about GopherHole?: The rampant and out of control blind homerism that leads to unrealistic expectations, and anyone who isn't constantly "positive" is stomped on by the others.

What improvements or features would you like to see enacted?: Better links to information like rankings, stats, and scores, etc.

What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?: FBT, Daily Gopher, ESPN, AM1500 site.

What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: Been a poster for years.

What other Gopher sports have you attended this past year?: Women's hockey, tennis, men's/women's cross country, volleyball.

What other teams do you have season tickets to (Gopher and/or non-Gopher?: Gopher Men's Hockey.

How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole (Web search, friend, etc.)?: Can't remember is was a long time ago.

III. Fun Questions.

What do you do before/after you attend a Gopher sporting event (tailgated at campus locale, walk through Gold Country/university bookstore, visit Dinkytown venues, etc.)?: Go to Sturb's, or Campus Pizza, or just go home.

Who is the most athletic athlete that you witnessed wearing the maroon and gold uniform(s)?: Hassan Mead

Who is the most dominant player (game changer) that you witnessed in football and/or basketball?: Greg Eslinger

Do you stand, sit, mixed during third down defensive stands? Stand mostly, but sit occasionally regardless of the opinions of those sitting behind me.

Best/most fun Gopher football and/or basketball game that you attended?: 2003 Sun Bowl vs Oregon.

Demographics

#of years as a Gopher fan: 50
Hometown: Cannon Falls, MN
Current Address: Roseville, MN
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): B.A. Augsburg College, 1975, M.A. University of Minnesota, 1986.
Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: Try to, mostly fail.
Season ticket holder for football and/or basketball: No.

What do you like about GopherHole?: I come for the information and insight. I enjoy following recruiting. Lots of great posters, a number of whom are extremely enjoyable to read. In my everyday life, I work in a world where there is a wide range of opinion and a lot of debate and discussion and as long as things are expressed well, I don't mind people saying--as vehemently as they want--what they want to say.

What do you dislike about GopherHole?: Trolls mostly. I don't mind fans of other teams coming in and asking legitimate questions or posting legitimate viewpoints, but I can't stand (maybe it's my age) the trash-talk that is sometimes generated by both sides. Feuds between certain posters can also get a bit on the nasty side.

What improvements or features would you like to see enacted? Can't think of much. Maybe some more in-depth stories. As an example, I was a bit surprised that there wasn't more critical analysis of Brewster's failure as a head coach, but I realize the site is largely dependent on a strong working relationship with the U athletic department and the individual teams for access, so that puts a limit on editorial stance. I thought Rachel Blount's analysis of the Brewster situation was the best (and don't get me wrong, I think she's the best columnist in town by a far stretch when she actually gets to write a column), but what she wrote was nothing that Nadine or Chris couldn't have written given the opportunity.

What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?: StarTrib, Gophersports, FringeBowlTeam, Rivals (not a premium member), Scout (not a premium member), ESPN (not a premium member).

What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: Never a lurker. Found out about this site at the Scout board and came over.

What other Gopher sports have you attended this past year?: Baseball

What other teams do you have season tickets to (Gopher and/or non-Gopher?): None

How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole (Web search, friend, etc.)?: Mention by a poster on the Scout board.

III. Fun Questions.

What do you do before/after you attend a Gopher sporting event (tailgated at campus locale, walk through Gold Country/university bookstore, visit Dinkytown venues, etc.)?: The Book House.

Who is the most athletic athlete that you witnessed wearing the maroon and gold uniform(s)?: Dave Winfield (baseball), Ray Williams (basketball), and Rick Upchurch (football).

Who is the most dominant player (game changer) that you witnessed in football and/or basketball?: Jim Brewer - BB, Marion Barber II - FB

Do you stand, sit, mixed during third down defensive stands? Sit. Only stand when others stand and block my view. I'm old and get crabby. LOL.

Best/most fun Gopher football and/or basketball game that you attended?: Football: '81 game against Ohio State in last season at Memorial Stadium. Gophers upset the Buckeyes 35-31 and I'm surprised Hohensee was able to lift his arm the next day after throwing over 60 passes. Basketball: '82 Gopher conference-clinching win (I believe against Michigan State).

Demographics

#of years as a Gopher fan: 24
Hometown: Torrance, CA
Current Address: Johnston, IA
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): B.A. University of Minnesota, Twin Cities, 1992 -- School of Journalism and Mass Communication
Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: Football yes, Hoops, No. Hockey, yes.
Season ticket holder for football and/or basketball: Had to drop football last year, trying to get back in

What do you dislike about GopherHole?: Trolls, posters who think they own the definition of what a fan is (and truthfully, when I came on board, I was one of them).

What improvements or features would you like to see enacted? Historical stories

What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?: CFN, Espn, Links on Gopherhole

What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: Never been a lurker

How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole (Web search, friend, etc.)?: Can't remember to be honest.

III. Fun Questions.

What do you do before/after you attend a Gopher sporting event (tailgated at campus locale, walk through Gold Country/university bookstore, visit Dinkytown venues, etc.)?: Park on the west bank, walk through campus. Browse the bookstore, breakfast/lunch/dinner at the Big Ten then the game.

Who is the most athletic athlete that you witnessed wearing the maroon and gold uniform(s)?: Peter Hankinson (Hockey), Laurence Maroney

Do you stand, sit, mixed during third down defensive stands? Stand.

Best/most fun Gopher football and/or basketball game that you attended?: Victory over Wisconsin Marion Barber III freshman season, Sun Bowl vs. Oregon Round II. Music City Bowl vs. Arkansas

Demographics

#of years as a Gopher fan: 34
Hometown: White Bear Lake, MN
Current Address: Franklin, TN
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): B.A. University of Minnesota, Twin Cities, 1999; MBA Vanderbilt 2011
Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: Football yes, Hoops, No. Hockey, No.

What do you like about GopherHole?: Opinions, humor

What do you dislike about GopherHole?: Trolls, know-it-alls

What improvements or features would you like to see enacted? None

What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?: FBT, Strib, Pioneer Press

What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: Got sick of just reading misinformed opinions. Figured I’d add my own misinformed opinions.

What other Gopher sports have you attended this past year?: None

How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole (Web search, friend, etc.)?: Wren was complaining about it on the Strib blog and I thought that if he was against it, I should be for it.

III. Fun Questions.

What do you do before/after you attend a Gopher sporting event (tailgated at campus locale, walk through Gold Country/university bookstore, visit Dinkytown venues, etc.)?: Tailgate with college buddies outside the Bank.

Who is the most athletic athlete that you witnessed wearing the maroon and gold uniform(s)?: Laurence Maroney

Do you stand, sit, mixed during third down defensive stands? Mixed.

Best/most fun Gopher football and/or basketball game that you attended?: Victory over Wisconsin 1993. Unforgettable. Victory over Iowa this year was pretty good too, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom