It's Time: 6th Annual GopherHole Survey

Status
Not open for further replies.

DL65

Reaction score
I hope you find the survey informative, fun, as well as helpful for the GopherHole Staff. I also want to thank the GopherHole Admins for allowing me to conduct the annual survey. Hopefully, most GopherHolers will participate, for the survey's success is dependent on your participation. Lurkers jump in, join the fun and become a regular poster. Posters and fans of other teams are welcome to participate. You help to make this site lively and informative.

Requests: Please practice the Golden Rule and show respect for the respondents. Please place your comments about the survey in other threads, for the questionnaire will become quite large. And please list the degree and the school that you graduated from, and if enrolled in graduate school, the school and degree you're presently working toward.

I'll post summaries and analysis related to the survey a few days after it's conclusion.

Thank you for participating!

This year's survey questions:

I. Demographics

Age: 63. Gender: Male. #of years as a Gopher fan: 56. Minnesota Native: Yes.
Hometown: Detroit Lakes. Current Address: Knoxville, Iowa.
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): B.A. Moorhead State College 1969.
Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: Yes Football.
Season ticket holder for football and/or basketball: No. (If yes, what sports, how many tickets, and what section(s) are your seats?)

II. GopherHole-related questions

What do you like about GopherHole?: A great site to share comments and get information that's related to Gopher football and basketball. The lively discussions and humor of the posting members. The in-depth reports and insights provided by GopherLady, Selection Sunday et al, recruiting interviews by Chris Monter and the links that BleedGopher and others provide.

What do you dislike about GopherHole?: Hijacking of threads and at times petty bickering, which can make some threads unreadable. (IMO, the volume of trolls visiting this site seems to be less this past year, however!)

What improvements or features would you like to see enacted?: Some more Where are They Now features and pre-game analysis of upcoming football games. Would like more lurkers to join up and become contributing members. We value the diverse opinions and insights of posting memebers.

What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?: FBT, Gopher Illustrated, Scout (non-premium member), Star-Tribune and Pioneer Press and BleedGopher's many links.

What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: N/A, a longtime member and was never a lurker.

What other Gopher sports have you attended this past year?: None.

What other teams do you have season tickets to (Gopher and/or non-Gopher?: None.

How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole (Web search, friend, etc.)?: Web search about eight years ago. Since that time I've told several friends about GopherHole.

III. Fun Questions.

What do you do before/after you attend a Gopher sporting event (tailgated at campus locale, walk through Gold Country/university bookstore, visit Dinkytown venues, etc.)?: Visit Gold Country and other Dinkytown venues.

Who is the most athletic athlete that you witnessed wearing the maroon and gold uniform(s)?: Dave Winfield (baseball and basketball). Would've loved to seen him playing wide receiver for the Gophers! I'm sure he would have excelled in football as well.

Who is the most dominant player (game changer) that you witnessed in football and/or basketball?: Bobby Bell, football. Jim Brewer, basketball.

Do you stand, sit, mixed during third down defensive stands? Stand and yell.

Best/most fun Gopher football and/or basketball game that you attended?: 1967 Indiana football game, after rebounding from a drubbing the previous week at the hands of Purdue. Minnesota defeated the Hossiers 33-7. The following week Minnesota beat Wisconsin and Indiana defeated Purdue. As a result, Minnesota, Indiana, and Purdue were conference champs . . . alas Indiana went to the Rose Bowl.

. Demographics

#of years as a Gopher fan: 37
Minnesota Native: Yes.
Hometown: Roseville, MN
Current Address: Farmington, MN
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): B.A. University of Minnesota, Twin Cities, 1988
Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: Yes, Both
Season ticket holder for football and/or basketball: Yes. Football - 115, Basketball - 210

What do you like about GopherHole?: Information, Reactions, Interviews, Characters

What do you dislike about GopherHole?: Hijacking, Some posters ALWAYS being negative, Trolls

What improvements or features would you like to see enacted? Historical stories

What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?: Star-Trib, PP, Twitter, Facebook

What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: N/A, a longtime member and was never a lurker.

What other Gopher sports have you attended this past year?: Volleyball, Hockey

What other teams do you have season tickets to (Gopher and/or non-Gopher?): Volleyball

How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole (Web search, friend, etc.)?: Web search about eight years ago. Since that time I've told several friends about GopherHole.

III. Fun Questions.

What do you do before/after you attend a Gopher sporting event (tailgated at campus locale, walk through Gold Country/university bookstore, visit Dinkytown venues, etc.)?: Stub and Herbs, Sally's, Caribou, Big Ten, Campus Pizza, Leaning Tower of Pizza, Burger King, Arby's, Tailgate

Who is the most athletic athlete that you witnessed wearing the maroon and gold uniform(s)?: Dave Winfield (baseball and basketball). Ricky Foggie

Who is the most dominant player (game changer) that you witnessed in football and/or basketball?: Mychal Thompson - BB, Laurence Maroney - FB

Do you stand, sit, mixed during third down defensive stands? Stand and clap.

Best/most fun Gopher football and/or basketball game that you attended?: '97 BB game vs Clemson, '81 FB game vs the Ohio State

I. Demographics

#of years as a Gopher fan: 20
Hometown: Shoreview, MN
Current Address: Maplewood, MN
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): B.A. University of MN 2004
Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: Yes both
Season ticket holder for football and/or basketball: Yes Football 2 tickets section 101

What do you like about GopherHole?: The original reason I joined gopherhole was back when Monson was fired. When I googled for information about that this site popped up and I have been coming back every since. Now it is nice to read about recruiting updates and player interviews. And the in program gossip is always fun.

What do you dislike about GopherHole?: The high's and low's of wins and losses. Every time the gophers lose the sky is falling (no bowl no NCAA tournament) when we win though it is sky high (new year's day bowl or NCAA elite 8). I know this can't be helped but the serious lack of game analysis and honest insight into what needs to be improved is lacking. The basketball board someone will post "devoe joseph sucks", ok well what else?

What improvements or features would you like to see enacted?: nothing I can think of off the top of my head.

What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?: Twin Cities two papers tribune and press.

What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: I joined as a member when I first came on here.

What other Gopher sports have you attended this past year?: Hockey.

What other teams do you have season tickets to (Gopher and/or non-Gopher?: None.

How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole (Web search, friend, etc.)?:Like I said googled for info about Dan Monson being fired and this site popped up.

III. Fun Questions.

What do you do before/after you attend a Gopher sporting event (tailgated at campus locale, walk through Gold Country/university bookstore, visit Dinkytown venues, etc.)?: For football I either tailgate or go to a bar in stadium village beforehand. As for basketball I always hit up Mannings before the game.

Who is the most athletic athlete that you witnessed wearing the maroon and gold uniform(s)?: Bobby Jackson and Sam Jacobsen.

Who is the most dominant player (game changer) that you witnessed in football and/or basketball?: Bobby Jackson.

Best/most fun Gopher football and/or basketball game that you attended?: Gopher basketball when Michael Bauer sunk a three to beat Georgia. So fun

I. Demographics

Age: 25. Gender: Male. #of years as a Gopher fan: 8. Minnesota Native: Yes.
Hometown: St. Paul, MN. Current Address: Chicago, IL
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): B.A. University of Minnesota - TC 2007, M.S. Boston University 2009
Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: Yes, football
Season ticket holder for football and/or basketball: (If yes, what sports, how many tickets, and what section(s) are your seats?): Yes, football in section 243.

What do you like about GopherHole?: Good site for quick information and entertainment. Watching meltdowns following a loss, and watching over-inflated egos after a win is amusing.

What do you dislike about GopherHole?: Repetition. Repetition.

What improvements or features would you like to see enacted?: More participation from members, both Gopher fans and opposing fans. Constructive, well-thought-out posts would be nice too, but I won't go too far :)

What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?: ESPN.com, CBSSports.com

What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: Never really was a lurker.

What other Gopher sports have you attended this past year?: Gopher Men's Hockey

How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole (Web search, friend, etc.)?: Searched Google for "Minnesota Gophers Message Board"

III. Fun Questions.

What do you do before/after you attend a Gopher sporting event (tailgated at campus locale, walk through Gold Country/university bookstore, visit Dinkytown venues, etc.)?: Tailgate for football or go to Sterb's.

Who is the most athletic athlete that you witnessed wearing the maroon and gold uniform(s)?: Witnessed in person would have to be Maroney.

Who is the most dominant player (game changer) that you witnessed in football and/or basketball?: Vince Grier for one half versus Wisconsin. The man was a one-man wrecking crew.

Do you stand, sit, mixed during third down defensive stands? Stand and yell - there's a wall behind me, so no one can complain!

Best/most fun Gopher football and/or basketball game that you attended?: 2005 @ Michigan OR 2009 vs Air Force. Both days were perfect from start to finish.

I. Demographics

#of years as a Gopher fan: 40
Minnesota Native: No.
Hometown: Bismarck, ND
Current Address: Bagram AFB, Afghanistan
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): B.S. University of Mary, 1991
Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: When I am in the US, which has not been recently.
Season ticket holder for football and/or basketball: No

What do you like about GopherHole?: News about the Gophers, some really good posters, mixed in with the occasional goofball or two makes for a fun read. I also enjoy pick per day, gives me something to worry about.

What do you dislike about GopherHole?: The negative Nellie's, a poster will say we will lose to OSU, then it happens and good grief, the worst loss in the history of organized basketball. It seems to happen after every loss. It seems to happen after every loss, I would hate to take the losses that hard, I would lose my rugged good looks.

What improvements or features would you like to see enacted?: I enjoy the site now.

What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?: I usually read articles linked on GH.

What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: I just stumbled upon it a few years back and just joined.

What other Gopher sports have you attended this past year?: None, have not been in US.

How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole (Web search, friend, etc.)?: So long ago I can't remember.

III. Fun Questions.

We used to tailgate at the Dome before Gopher games, I have not been to the new stadium yet. Like to walk around campus before hoops games.

Who is the most athletic athlete that you witnessed wearing the maroon and gold uniform(s)?: Rickey Foggie probably had the most WOW! factor. Darrel Thompson, Bobby Jackson, was there a more athletic lineman than Bismarck's own Greg Eslinger?

Who is the most dominant player (game changer) that you witnessed in football and/or basketball?: Bobby Jackson.

Do you stand, sit, mixed during third down defensive stands? Stand until some old fart tells me to sit down 30 seconds into the game.

Best/most fun Gopher football and/or basketball game that you attended?: A Gopher basketball game I attended the year after the Final Four season, The Barn was still electric from the prior season.

I. Demographics

Age: 41. Gender: Male. #of years as a Gopher fan: 25. Minnesota Native: Yes.

Hometown: Crosslake, MN. Current Address: Las Vegas, Nevada.
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): B.S. North Dakota State Univ. 1996
Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: Not Always.
Season ticket holder for football and/or basketball: No.

What do you like about GopherHole?: Sharing of information, insight, hearing information about the program(s) before that information is available through the media (shocking, when you consider the "crack" reporters in MSP like Myron P. Medcalf and Marcus Fuller)

What do you dislike about GopherHole?: The obvious... Sky is falling after any loss, thread hi-jacking, ignorance, etc.

What improvements or features would you like to see enacted?: Not sure

What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?: Star Tribune, Pioneer Press, ESPN

What other Gopher sports have you attended this past year?: Arixona Cardinals football games, several UNLV basketball games, New Mexico-SDSU basketball at The Pit, UNLV football.

What other teams do you have season tickets to?: Arizona Cardinals football

How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole (Web search, friend, etc.)?: Found the original site WAY back (10+ years ago?), been visting ever since.

III. Fun Questions.

What do you do before/after you attend a Gopher sporting event (tailgated at campus locale, walk through Gold Country/university bookstore, visit Dinkytown venues, etc.)?: N/A

Who is the most athletic athlete that you witnessed wearing the maroon and gold uniform(s)?: Tough call; too many to mention
Who is the most dominant player (game changer) that you witnessed in football and/or basketball?: Darrell Thompson, football. Willie Burton, basketball.

Best/most fun Gopher football and/or basketball game that you attended?: Football; 2003 Sun Bowl against Oregon Basketball; against Nebraska in the Barn about 9 years ago, Gophers come back to push it to overtime, win in overtime; snowstorm made for horrible attendance, Barn half full but great game.

I. Demographics

Age: 33. Gender: Male. #of years as a Gopher fan: 28. Minnesota Native: Yes.
Hometown: South Central MN. Current Address: St. Paul, MN.
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): B.S. University of MN 2001.
Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: Yes Football.
Season ticket holder for football and/or basketball: Yes. Football two seats in SC 214 with group or friends

What do you like about GopherHole?: Great site for information on my favorite team. Able to guage what other fans are thinking and feeling.

What do you dislike about GopherHole?: Personal Attacks.

What improvements or features would you like to see enacted?: More interviews with current players.

What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?: Twitter, Gopher Illustrated, Star-Tribune and Pioneer Press and BleedGopher's many links.

What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: About a year as a lurker, but I felt I had some good points to make on different topics.

How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole (Web search, friend, etc.)?: Through friends toward the end of 2006 season.

III. Fun Questions.

What do you do before/after you attend a Gopher sporting event (tailgated at campus locale, walk through Gold Country/university bookstore, visit Dinkytown venues, etc.)?: Go Home or once a year I get a room with my wife.

Who is the most athletic athlete that you witnessed wearing the maroon and gold uniform(s)?: Bobby Jackson, I had student tickets in 1996-97.

Who is the most dominant player (game changer) that you witnessed in football and/or basketball?: Tyrone Carter, football. Bobby Jackson, basketball.

Do you stand, sit, mixed during third down defensive stands? Stand and yell on all defensive 3rd downs.

Best/most fun Gopher football and/or basketball game that you attended?: Taking my cousin to the Iowa game last season and seeing a win was a great memory.

I. Demographics

Age: 27. Gender: Male. #of years as a Gopher fan: 9. Minnesota Native: Yes.
Hometown: St. Paul Park. Current Address: Minneapolis.
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): B.C.E. University of Minnesota, 2006.
Season ticket holder for football and/or basketball: Yes, Football, 4, 135.

What do you like about GopherHole?: Quick and indepth information about Gopher football

What do you dislike about GopherHole?: Trolls and threads with misleading titles.

What improvements or features would you like to see enacted?: N/A.

What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?: FBT and Star-Tribune.

What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: N/A.

How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole (Web search, friend, etc.)?: Probably a web search.

III. Fun Questions.

What do you do before/after you attend a Gopher sporting event (tailgated at campus locale, walk through Gold Country/university bookstore, visit Dinkytown venues, etc.)?: Tailgate on the West Bank, then either Stub and Herb’s or Sally’s on the walk to the stadium.

Who is the most athletic athlete that you witnessed wearing the maroon and gold uniform(s)?: Greg Eslinger. Hauling butt in front of Maroney at 285 lbs.

Who is the most dominant player (game changer) that you witnessed in football and/or basketball?: Eric Decker. Everyone knew he was all we had and he still made plays.

Do you stand, sit, mixed during third down defensive stands? Stand. Same goes for 1st, 2nd, and 4th downs.

Best/most fun Gopher football and/or basketball game that you attended?: 2003 Michigan. I know it ended horribly, but the 3rd quarter was the most fun I’ve ever had. Sold out night game, undefeated, and destroying Michigan.

#of years as a Gopher fan: 6
Minnesota Native: No
Hometown: Batavia, IL
Current Address: Batavia, IL
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): B.A. University of Minnesota, Twin Cities, 2010
Season ticket holder for football and/or basketball: All 4 years for both as an Undergrad and hockey.

What do you like about GopherHole?: Information, Subject Matter

What do you dislike about GopherHole?: Trolls, Way too many threads to Dig through/ignore

What improvements or features would you like to see enacted? Minimize Threads

What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?: Star-Trib, PP, Facebook, FBT, ESPN, CBS, Gophersports, Pretty much anywhere.

What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: I can't hold my opinion to myself very well.

What other Gopher sports have you attended this past year?: Hockey

What other teams do you have season tickets to (Gopher and/or non-Gopher?): Formerly Hockey Student Tix.

How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole (Web search, friend, etc.)?: Random find

III. Fun Questions.

What do you do before/after you attend a Gopher sporting event (tailgated at campus locale, walk through Gold Country/university bookstore, visit Dinkytown venues, etc.)?: Drink with friends at their place, Dinkytown, Tailgate, Fraternity Alumni functions

Who is the most athletic athlete that you witnessed wearing the maroon and gold uniform(s)?: Mbakwe, most athletic, not best

Who is the most dominant player (game changer) that you witnessed in football and/or basketball?: Laurence Maroney

Do you stand, sit, mixed during third down defensive stands? Stand and be loud!

Best/most fun Gopher football and/or basketball game that you attended?: '09 and '10 NCAA tournaments

I. Demographics

#of years as a Gopher fan: 32. Minnesota Native: Yes.
Hometown: Deephaven, MN.
Current Address: Dayton, MN
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): B.A. U of MN Twin Cities 1992
Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: No, but plan to watch more football.
Season ticket holder for football and/or basketball: No. (If yes, what sports, how many tickets, and what section(s) are your seats?) Considering football season ticket split with a friend.

What do you like about GopherHole?: Keeping up with recruiting, learning more about the players and team.

What do you dislike about GopherHole?: GopherHolers that belittle each other, some know more, some know less. Some like me come to get more info...not all followers are as passionate as others so give some of us a break if we don't know as much as you.

What improvements or features would you like to see enacted?: More recruiting news, injury updates.

What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?: Star Tribune, Pioneer Press.

What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: It's a fun site and I'm becoming more passionate as a fan.

What other teams do you have season tickets to (Gopher and/or non-Gopher?: None

How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole (Web search, friend, etc.)?: Heard Doogie talk about it on the radio a couple of years ago, thanks Doogie!!

III. Fun Questions.

What do you do before/after you attend a Gopher sporting event (tailgated at campus locale, walk through Gold Country/university bookstore, visit Dinkytown venues, etc.)?: Drink beer at an ocassional tailgate event.

Who is the most athletic athlete that you witnessed wearing the maroon and gold uniform(s)?: Ricky Foggie

Who is the most dominant player (game changer) that you witnessed in football and/or basketball?: Darrell Thompson (football). Voshon Lenard (basketball).

Best/most fun Gopher football and/or basketball game that you attended?: I was lucky enough to have my parents take me to a game at the old Memorial Stadium in maybe 1980 a couple of years before it was torn down. Will never forget Jules Perlt the announcer and seeing the grass and mud. Had an impression on me and I was sad every time I walked past it on campus when we moved to the Dome.

I. Demographics

Age: 28. Gender: Male. #of years as a Gopher fan: 10. Minnesota Native: No.
Hometown: Stevens Point, WI. Current Address: Saint Paul, MN.
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): B.C.E. University of Minnesota - Twin Cities 2005.
Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: Yes, Football, sometimes Basketball.
Season ticket holder for football and/or basketball: Yes, Football 2 tickets section 231.

What do you like about GopherHole?: Good collection of information in one place.

What do you dislike about GopherHole?: General bashing of other posters.

What improvements or features would you like to see enacted?: Some more football pregame analysis. There were decent articles a couple of years ago.

What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?: FBT, Rivals, anything linked from GH.

What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: I did some design work on TCF Bank Stadium and was able to be on the construction site many times. I wanted to share all of the pictures with the most loyal fans around.

What other teams do you have season tickets to (Gopher and/or non-Gopher?) : None.

How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole (Web search, friend, etc.)?: Web search and friends

III. Fun Questions.

What do you do before/after you attend a Gopher sporting event (tailgated at campus locale, walk through Gold Country/university bookstore, visit Dinkytown venues, etc.)?: Tailgate as early as possible.

Who is the most athletic athlete that you witnessed wearing the maroon and gold uniform(s)?: Dave Winfield (baseball and basketball). Gray

Who is the most dominant player (game changer) that you witnessed in football and/or basketball?: Maroney

Best/most fun Gopher football and/or basketball game that you attended?: vs Air Force 2009. First game in the new stadium and the atmosphere was awesome.

Age: 28. Gender: Male. #of years as a Gopher fan: 28. Minnesota Native: Yes.
Hometown: Shoreview Current Address: Stillwater
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): B.S. UW-River Falls 2005
Season ticket holder for football and/or basketball:Football sect 231

What do you like about GopherHole?: Fastest place for gopher related topics to be discussed/reported. Strong opinions with facts/logic to back them up. Overall everyone here feels strongly about Gopher athletics

What do you dislike about GopherHole?: Not too much, mostly revisionists who disregard fact when it comes to arguments, I really want new posters and casual fans to learn the truths and real backstories to our athletic programs, not personal opinions presented as fact.

What improvements or features would you like to see enacted?: So far so good.

What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?: FBT, Gopher Illustrated, Scout, Gophersports, MN Daily/PP/Strib

What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?:

Recruiting info in 2007, to be honest Coach Brewster elevated my interest in the program with his energy and optimism, I started to care more after he was hired, I transitioned from casual fan with longtime rooting interest to season ticket holder and an eventual viking to gopher transition occurred with all the fervor and obsession my sports soul can muster.

How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole (Web search, friend, etc.)?: Web search

What do you do before/after you attend a Gopher sporting event (tailgated at campus locale, walk through Gold Country/university bookstore, visit Dinkytown venues, etc.)?: Tailgate/party
with our crew of gopher faithful

Who is the most athletic athlete that you witnessed wearing the maroon and gold uniform(s)?:
Trick answer: Karl Erickson shotputter/discus thrower for the U awhile back, best athlete I've ever seen, legendary athleticism.

Who is the most dominant player (game changer) that you witnessed in football and/or basketball?: Decker in football, he stays healthy his whole career we have a much rosier outlook on the 08'/09' seasons.

Do you stand, sit, mixed during third down defensive stands? Stand and scream

Best/most fun Gopher football and/or basketball game that you attended?: Still is the stadium opener against Air Force, magical is the only word to describe it.
I'm hoping someday to see TCF like that again, filled to the brim and full of electricity at kickoff.

I. Demographics

Age: 49. Gender: Male. #of years as a Gopher fan: Grew up a fan. Minnesota Native: Yes.
Hometown: Fergus Falls. Current Address: Porterville, CA.
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): B.A. Southern Cal. College, MA Fuller Theological Seminary
Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: No
Season ticket holder for football and/or basketball: No.

What do you like about GopherHole?: Information. The lively discussions and humor of the posting members. The in-depth reports and insights provided by GopherLady, Selection Sunday et al, recruiting interviews by Chris Monter and the links that BleedGopher and others provide.

What do you dislike about GopherHole?: To often posters can be irresponsible in what they post, being overly negative and irrational in tearing down of players/people.

What improvements or features would you like to see enacted?: I will refrain from commenting since I am only a casual poster

What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?: Gopher Illustrated, Scout (non-premium member), Star-Tribune and Pioneer Press.

What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: Just wanted to get involved in a few of the discussions

How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole (Web search, friend, etc.)?: Curiosity when I read about GH from another site.

III. Fun Questions.

What do you do before/after you attend a Gopher sporting event (tailgated at campus locale, walk through Gold Country/university bookstore, visit Dinkytown venues, etc.)?: NA

Who is the most athletic athlete that you witnessed wearing the maroon and gold uniform(s)?: Hard to say

Who is the most dominant player (game changer) that you witnessed in football and/or basketball?: , football. Weird enough, I am going to say Flip Saunders for basketball. I know, I know, but he was the undisputed floor general on that BB team with Thompson, Mchale, Williams, Lockhart, Peterson and another MN big guy whose name begins with an L if I remember correct. Plus he was always good to throw down a three. Kinda like the Gophers today without Nolan, the team truly missed him when he was not there.

Do you stand, sit, mixed during third down defensive stands? Sit since I am not at the games.

Best/most fun Gopher football and/or basketball game that you attended?: NA

I. Demographics

Age: 52. Gender: Male. #of years as a Gopher fan: 52. Minnesota Native: Yes.
Hometown: Dassel-South St. Paul-Woodbury. Current Address: East Bethel, MN.
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): B.A. Augsburg College 1982.
Season ticket holder for football and/or basketball: Yes Football. 4 tickets in 239, 2 tickets in 243.

What do you like about GopherHole?: A great site to share comments and get information that's related to Gopher football. The humor of the posting members. Links that others provide.

What do you dislike about GopherHole?: Trolls and Trolls disguised as fans. Ripping on players.

What improvements or features would you like to see enacted?: Would like more lurkers to join up and become contributing members.

What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?: FBT, Rivals, Star-Tribune and Pioneer Press.

What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: After I became active GLC member.

How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole (Web search, friend, etc.)?: Friend.

III. Fun Questions.

What do you do before/after you attend a Gopher sporting event (tailgated at campus locale, walk through Gold Country/university bookstore, visit Dinkytown venues, etc.)?: Tailgate, Victory Walk, visit Gold Country.

Who is the most athletic athlete that you witnessed wearing the maroon and gold uniform(s)?: Rick Upchurch

Who is the most dominant player (game changer) that you witnessed in football and/or basketball?: Darrell Thompson, football. Bobby Jackson, basketball.

Do you stand, sit, mixed during third down defensive stands? Stand/sit and yell, yell, YELL!

Best/most fun Gopher football and/or basketball game that you attended?: 2005 vs #11 Purdue. We win 42-35 in two OT's. Last year's Iowa game was the first time I have ever stormed the field! Air Force game in 2009 was most emotional, by far.

Demographics

#of years as a Gopher fan: 44
Minnesota Native: No (family is from St Cloud
Hometown: Anchorage, AK
Current Address: Nampa, ID
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): B.GeoE, University of Minnesota, Twin Cities, 1973, MSCE, Hamilton 1999, PhD (structures) Hamilton 2000
Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: No

What do you like about GopherHole?: Information, background, insight

What do you dislike about GopherHole?: Some posters, Trolls

What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?: Star-Trib, Facebook, Gophersports.com, Bleacher Report

What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: N/A

What other Gopher sports have you attended this past year?: none

What other teams do you have season tickets to (Gopher and/or non-Gopher?): none

How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole (Web search, friend, etc.)?: Web search

III. Fun Questions.

What do you do before/after you attend a Gopher sporting event (tailgated at campus locale, walk through Gold Country/university bookstore, visit Dinkytown venues, etc.)?:NA

Who is the most athletic athlete that you witnessed wearing the maroon and gold uniform(s)?: Dave Winfield (baseball and basketball).

Who is the most dominant player (game changer) that you witnessed in football and/or basketball?: Jim Brewer - BB

Do you stand, sit, mixed during third down defensive stands? Stand and clap.

Best/most fun Gopher football and/or basketball game that you attended?: '72 BB game, 'Jungle Ball' vs the Ohio State U

I. Demographics

Age: 30. Gender: Male. #of years as a Gopher fan: 25. Minnesota Native: Yes.
Hometown: Hollandale, MN. Current Address: Mounds View, MN.
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): B.A. Luther College 2003.
Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: Yes Football and Basketball.
Season ticket holder for football and/or basketball: Yes, Football, 2 seats in section 142

What do you like about GopherHole?: Great place to share highs and lows of being a Gopher fan. I also enjoy the interviews with recruits etc. and Selection Sunday's basketball input.

What do you dislike about GopherHole?: Hijacked threads

What improvements or features would you like to see enacted?: Interviews/updates on former players and what they are doing now would be intresting.

What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?: FBT, Gopher Illustrated, Star-Tribune and Pioneer Press.

What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: Finally joined to talk about some games as they were being played.

What other Gopher sports have you attended this past year?: None

How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole (Web search, friend, etc.)?: Talked with a friend about 8 years ago who directed me to it.

III. Fun Questions.

What do you do before/after you attend a Gopher sporting event (tailgated at campus locale, walk through Gold Country/university bookstore, visit Dinkytown venues, etc.)?: Tailgate every week in lot C58 (behind Williams/Pavillion) for football, various bars in Dinkytown when attending a basketball game.

Who is the most athletic athlete that you witnessed wearing the maroon and gold uniform(s)?: I have some memories of Darrell Thompson from the late 80's when I was young. More recently probably would include Maroney for his speed, Gary Russell for his toughness, and Vince Grier and Bobby Jackson for all around athleticism.

Who is the most dominant player (game changer) that you witnessed in football and/or basketball?: Maroney, had the ability to take it to the house each time he touched the ball.

Do you stand, sit, mixed during third down defensive stands? Stand and yell (and try to encourage others to do the same)

Best/most fun Gopher football and/or basketball game that you attended?: 2009 home opener at TCF was great, everything just seemed to go perfectly that night. Other good ones were the double OT win vs. a #10 ranked (I think) Purdue team in 2005 and Rhys Lloyd kicking the game winner to beat WI in 2003.

Anderson8284

Demographics

#of years as a Gopher fan: 41
Hometown: Rochester, MN
Current Address: Johnston, IA
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): B.S. University of Minnesota, Twin Cities, 1982.
M Civ. Eng., University of Minnesota, Twin Cities, 1984.
Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: Yes, usually football only

What do you like about GopherHole?: Information, Interviews, Characters

What do you dislike about GopherHole?: Some posters just ALWAYS have to be right, and need to let you know about it, ad infinitum

What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?: Star-Trib, ESPN, Twitter

What other Gopher sports have you attended this past year?: None What other teams do you have season tickets to (Gopher and/or non-Gopher?): Drake, basketball

How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole (Web search, friend, etc.)?: Legacy member from 1997 and GopherTalk

III. Fun Questions.

What do you do before/after you attend a Gopher sporting event (tailgated at campus locale, walk through Gold Country/university bookstore, visit Dinkytown venues, etc.)?: Stub and Herbs, Big Ten

Who is the most athletic athlete that you witnessed wearing the maroon and gold uniform(s)?: Trent Tucker and/or Kevin McHale

Who is the most dominant player (game changer) that you witnessed in football and/or basketball?: Kevin McHale - BB, Marion Barber II - FB

Do you stand, sit, mixed during third down defensive stands? Stand.

Best/most fun Gopher football and/or basketball game that you attended?: '82 BB game vs MSU, '81 FB game vs the Ohio State

I. Demographics

Age: 25. Gender: Male. #of years as a Gopher fan: 20. Minnesota Native: Yes.
Hometown: Mpls. Current Address: Mpls.
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): B.A. U of M 2008 MA St Thomas 2011.
Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: Yes both.
Season ticket holder for football and/or basketball: Yes, both Football: Section 117, but usually sit in the student section. Basketball: student section.

What do you like about GopherHole?: It fulfills all of my needs as a rube, often getting me through long boring days at work. Chris' interviews with recruits, and Bleed's links are great. Personally I enjoy the pointless pissing contests between posters, KEEP IT UP!

What do you dislike about GopherHole?: Predictable doom and gloom of some posters. I don't dislike the average age of the board but I do think it's odd that there aren't more people my age posting here.

What improvements or features would you like to see enacted?: Interviews with current players would be nice. Same format that Chris M. does with recruits.

What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?: FBT

What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: I either had a question about recruiting, or I thought I had a particularly witty remark.

How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole (Web search, friend, etc.)?: I was living over in Ireland during Brew's first season and internet trolling to find info to keep up with my squad lead me here.

III. Fun Questions.

What do you do before/after you attend a Gopher sporting event (tailgated at campus locale, walk through Gold Country/university bookstore, visit Dinkytown venues, etc.)?: Pregame: Big breakfast at the Uptown Diner (Canjun Special), then drink at an assortment of houses in dinkytown/tailgate. Postgame: binge drink anywhere in dinkytown that'll have me.

Who is the most athletic athlete that you witnessed wearing the maroon and gold uniform(s)?: Gray

Who is the most dominant player (game changer) that you witnessed in football and/or basketball?: Maroney, football. Bobby Jackson, basketball.

Do you stand, sit, mixed during third down defensive stands? Stand, and typically yell until I lose my voice by about the 4th quarter.

Best/most fun Gopher football and/or basketball game that you attended?: Iowa 2010. No contest.

I. Demographics
#of years as a Gopher fan: Since I can remember. My whole life.
Hometown: Cannon Falls, MN.
Current Address: Eagan, MN.
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): B.A. Concordia St. Paul 2006, M.A. in progress through St. Mary's University.
Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: Yes Football
Season ticket holder for football and/or basketball: Yes, Football, 2 seats

What do you like about GopherHole?: Great gossip with recruits coming in, I am able to get my Gopher fix daily.
What do you dislike about GopherHole?: No iPad/iPhone App! The constant rumblings about Brewster and Mason. People that think Brewster didn't do one successfull thing here and people that think Glen Mason was a god.
What improvements or features would you like to see enacted?: iPad/iPhone Apps!
What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?: Star-Tribune and Pioneer Press.
What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: I was convinced I was right and someone else was wrong.
What other Gopher sports have you attended this past year?: None
How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole (Web search, friend, etc.)?: I can'tr remember

III. Fun Questions.
What do you do before/after you attend a Gopher sporting event (tailgated at campus locale, walk through Gold Country/university bookstore, visit Dinkytown venues, etc.)?: Tailgate every week in a lot with extended family. After the game I might grab dinner but mostly go home and unwind.
Who is the most athletic athlete that you witnessed wearing the maroon and gold uniform(s)?: Most athletic would maybe be Tyrone Carter, seriously maybe Marqueis Gray. I never expected him to be one of the better WR in the Big 10 last year. I new he was a good athlete for a QB, but he had pretty good body control for never playing WR before.
Who is the most dominant player (game changer) that you witnessed in football and/or basketball?: Laurence Maroney or Tyrone Carter.
Do you stand, sit, mixed during third down defensive stands? Stand when it is appropriate. Big plays and big downs.
Best/most fun Gopher football and/or basketball game that you attended?: Iowa game last year, Michigan State game on Halloween Night two years ago.

Demographics

#of years as a Gopher fan: 16
Hometown: Bloomington, MN
Current Address: Shakopee, MN
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): B.S.B: University of Minnesota-Twin Cities, 2002
Season ticket holder for football and/or basketball: Football

What do you like about GopherHole?: Inside Information, News, Interviews, Discussions, Games, A place to Vent

What do you dislike about GopherHole?: People who make up statistics to try to validate an argument, Trolls, People not knowing someone is a troll and replying to them

What improvements or features would you like to see enacted? More games & contests, more humorous posts by fellow members

What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?: Local Papers, Blogs

What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: Never a lurker - joined and posted as soon as I found it!

What other Gopher sports have you attended this past year?:

What other teams do you have season tickets to (Gopher and/or non-Gopher?):

How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole (Web search, friend, etc.)?: A friend told me this is a great place to discuss all things Maroon & Gold

III. Fun Questions.

What do you do before/after you attend a Gopher sporting event? Tailgate before all home football games - then after the game head straight home to watch other Big Ten games and re-watch the Gopher game

Who is the most athletic athlete that you witnessed wearing the maroon and gold uniform(s)?: Bobby Jackson, Rodney Williams, Laurence Maroney, Brandon Owens, MarQueis Gray

Who is the most dominant player (game changer) that you witnessed in football and/or basketball?: Laurence Maroney, Bobby Jackson, Lindsay Whalen

Do you stand, sit, mixed during third down defensive stands? Stand, CLap, and Yell

Best/most fun Gopher football and/or basketball game that you attended?: Basketball: 2/2/2002 vs. Indiana (13-point halftime comeback against eventual national runners-up).

Football: 10/10/2003 vs. Michigan - Many people continue to always point negatively to this game for obvious reasons, but the excitement and fun of the game and atmosphere is something we need to remember, know it is possible, and strive to achieve. Even though the last 45 minutes were pure torture, the fun, hope, and excitement of that type of game cannot be matched in my lifetime.

I. Demographics

#of years as a Gopher fan: No idea when it started - probably 20ish years
Hometown: Albert Lea
Current Address: Saint Paul
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): PharmD 2013, BS Kinesiology 2007 - Both U of M
Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: Yes Football and Hoops
Season ticket holder for football and/or basketball: Football - 2 tickets in 245 + Student section, hoops - student section

What do you like about GopherHole?: I love that there's a place for Gopher fans to talk Gophers. Hard to find lots of people that love Gopher sports - sad. Staying up to date on news, recruits, etc is great.

What do you dislike about GopherHole?: Back and forth bitching over the same stuff. Need more mods.

What improvements or features would you like to see enacted?: No real complaints - just wish there were some moderators.

What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?: FBT, start trib, PP, rivals (non-member), gopher sports, any random link that people post (love them).

What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: Don't remember. Some convo peaked my curiosity and needed to post.

What other Gopher sports have you attended this past year?: Football, basketball including barnyard road trip, hockey.

What other teams do you have season tickets to (Gopher and/or non-Gopher?: Just football and basketball

How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole (Web search, friend, etc.)?: No idea.

III. Fun Questions.

What do you do before/after you attend a Gopher sporting event (tailgated at campus locale, walk through Gold Country/university bookstore, visit Dinkytown venues, etc.)?: Drink with friends at my place or others.

Who is the most athletic athlete that you witnessed wearing the maroon and gold uniform(s)?: Tough. Rodney Williams is a freak. Maroney was a game changer. Decker was a amazing - especially for a white boy.

Who is the most dominant player (game changer) that you witnessed in football and/or basketball?: Maroney

Do you stand, sit, mixed during third down defensive stands? Student section - we stand.

Best/most fun Gopher football and/or basketball game that you attended?: Wisconsin in 03. Absolutely fantastic bringing the axe home.

Demographics

#of years as a Gopher fan: 43
Hometown: Austin, MN
Current Address: Plymouth, MN
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): B.S. Mankato State University 82'
Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: Yes
Season ticket holder for football and/or basketball: Yes. Football

What do you like about GopherHole?: Information, Characters, camaraderie

What do you dislike about GopherHole?: Hijacking, Some posters ALWAYS being negative, Trolls

What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?: Gophersports.com, Facebook, Strib

What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: Felt the need to weigh in on occasion.

What other Gopher sports have you attended this past year?: Baseball, Wrestling

What other teams do you have season tickets to (Gopher and/or non-Gopher?): None

How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole (Web search, friend, etc.)?: Web search, friend.

Fun Questions.

What do you do before/after you attend a Gopher sporting event: Tailgate at fairgrounds lot before football games. Other sports events usually eat/drink at Sally's.

Who is the most athletic athlete that you witnessed wearing the maroon and gold uniform(s)?: Bobby Jackson (basketball)

Who is the most dominant player (game changer) that you witnessed in football and/or basketball?: Bobby Jackson (BB), Lindsay Whalen (WBB).

Do you stand, sit, mixed during third down defensive stands? Mostly stand.

Best/most fun Gopher football and/or basketball game that you attended?: '97 BB game vs Temple in KC, '81 FB game vs the Ohio State

1. Demographics
Age 63 - male - #years as a Gopher fan 53 - Minn native yes
Home town Willow River, Mn - current home Lindstrom, Mn
Post secendary education none
Attend at least 1 Gopher football/basketball game per year season tickets football - bb no
Season tickets 2 football in row 5, sec 209

2.GopherHole related questions
What do you like about GopherHole - links certain members put up - reading comments between posters with opposing views.

dislike about GopherHole - I'm a fairly new poster so nothing yet

improvements - some way to tell when threads were started

other sites - U of M web site - Pioneer Press - Star Tribune

What turned me from lurker to poster - I was looking for info on who our new coach would be last fall and found this site on Google

other Gopher sports attended last year - mens hockey

other season tickets - none

how did I find GopherHole - web search

3. Fun Questions

what do you do before/after Gopher games - like to get to seats earlyenough to watch pregame warmups - bring food/beverage to consume in car listening to post game show while waiting to get out ot the parking ramp - Goldies Locker Room - Alumni center before games

Most athletic Gopher - Hockey Neal Broten - basketball Michael Thomson - football Rhys Lloyd running to get the AX several years ago at the dome

Most dominate player - football Tyrone Carter - basketball Kevin McHale - hockey to many to choose from to only pick one

do you stand/sit on third down defensive plays - stand when knees cooperate and yell

best/funnest Gopher game attended - My first game as a freshman in high school. Gophers beat a very good Navy team

I. Demographics

Age: 53. Gender: Male. #of years as a Gopher fan: 40. Minnesota Native: Yes.
Hometown: Hancock MN. Current Address: Morris MN.
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): B.A. Univ. of MN Morris. Masters in El Ed UM
Season ticket holder for football and/or basketball: yes football 2 tix top row 208

What do you like about GopherHole?:Mostly the amount of info I learn from others more knowledgeable than myself.

What do you dislike about GopherHole?: Hijacking of threads and at times petty bickering, which can make some threads unreadable. (I stole this from another poster)

What improvements or features would you like to see enacted?: Links to the opponents chat boards

What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?: FBT, Gopher Illustrated, give Hell Goldy, Twin Cities papers

What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: Been a menber since I got tix

III. Fun Questions.

What do you do before/after you attend a Gopher sporting event: Make the long drive home

Do you stand, sit, mixed during third down defensive stands? stand, clap, yell

Best/most fun Gopher football and/or basketball game that you attended?: Iowa game last year. Watching my son run around the field with the players with Floyd

#of years as a Gopher fan: 26
Hometown: Austin, MN
Current Address: Waconia, MN
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): B.A. University of Minnesota, Twin Cities, 2001. M.E. University of Minnesota, Twin Cities, 2002, Cont Ed credits Con-St Paul 2008

What do you like about GopherHole?: Chris Monter talking about his jumper! haha

What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?: Gopher Illustrated, FBT, PP

What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: People I know used to flood the MB with wrestling quotes that the mods had to erase so I started too and Im here to say sorry.

What other Gopher sports have you attended this past year?: Girls Hoops, Baseball

How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole (Web search, friend, etc.)?: Heard guys on the team talking about F.A.K.S so I had to check it out and laugh at Kyle.

III. Fun Questions.

What do you do before/after you attend a Gopher sporting event (tailgated at campus locale, walk through Gold Country/university bookstore, visit Dinkytown venues, etc.)?: Football-enjoy weather and company, Basketball-Type

Who is the most athletic athlete that you witnessed wearing the maroon and gold uniform(s)?: Dusty Rychart

Who is the most dominant player (game changer) that you witnessed in football and/or basketball?: Dusty Rychart

Do you stand, sit, mixed during third down defensive stands? At football I stand, at hoops I elbow media members

Best/most fun Gopher football and/or basketball game that you attended?: Nothing better than the Final Four run of 1997

Demographics

#of years as a Gopher fan:
Hometown: Granite Falls
Current Address: Savage
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): 2 degrees from U of MN
Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: yes
Season ticket holder for football and/or basketball: Yes. football x 13 years

What do you like about GopherHole?: Knowing that is the #1 place to go for the most up-to-date Gopher info. The knowledgable (for the most part) non-Gopher fans.

What do you dislike about GopherHole?: Football recruiting drivel and people who attempt to evaluate a prospect that have never put on shoulder pads.

What improvements or features would you like to see enacted?

What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?: FBT, Strib, Adam Rittenberg's ESPN Big 10 blog, The Daily Gopher

What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: N/A

What other Gopher sports have you attended this past year?: none

What other teams do you have season tickets to (Gopher and/or non-Gopher?): none

How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole (Web search, friend, etc.)?: Holdover from its earlier inceptions.

III. Fun Questions.

What do you do before/after you attend a Gopher sporting event (tailgated at campus locale, walk through Gold Country/university bookstore, visit Dinkytown venues, etc.)?: Tailgate

Who is the most athletic athlete that you witnessed wearing the maroon and gold uniform(s)?: Eric Decker

Who is the most dominant player (game changer) that you witnessed in football and/or basketball?: Bobby Jackson

Do you stand, sit, mixed during third down defensive stands? Mixed

Best/most fun Gopher football and/or basketball game that you attended?: football @ Penn State 1999

I. Demographics

Age: 41. Gender: Male. #of years as a Gopher fan: 30. Minnesota Native: Yes.
Hometown: Edina. Current Address: Cottage Grove.
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): B.A. University of Minnesota 1991.
Season ticket holder for football and/or basketball: Yes. Football Section 214

What do you like about GopherHole?: A good place for Gopher Fans to meet and talk about their favorite team. Some very good insight from select posters as well.

What do you dislike about GopherHole?: Annoying Iowa and Sconnie trolls

What improvements or features would you like to see enacted?:

What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?: FBT, ESPN Big Ten Blog, Strib, Pioneer Press

What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: Started getting more interested in how the team we being 'built' in the Brewster era.

What other Gopher sports have you attended this past year?: None. Used to attend Gopher M Hockey frequently.

How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole (Web search, friend, etc.)?: Googled 'Gopher Football Forum' or similar.

III. Fun Questions.

What do you do before/after you attend a Gopher sporting event (tailgated at campus locale, walk through Gold Country/university bookstore, visit Dinkytown venues, etc.)?: Usually grab dinner after the games in Stadium Village

Who is the most athletic athlete that you witnessed wearing the maroon and gold uniform(s)?: Thomas Vanek (Hockey), Maroney (FB)

Who is the most dominant player (game changer) that you witnessed in football and/or basketball?: Maronery/Barber III

Do you stand, sit, mixed during third down defensive stands? Mixed

Best/most fun Gopher football and/or basketball game that you attended?: 2010 Minnesota/Iowa game

I. Demographics

#of years as a Gopher fan: Life
Hometown: Tyler
Current Address: Savage
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): B.A. Augsburg 1998; M.Ed. St. Mary's 2004
Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: Yes to both
Season ticket holder for football and/or basketball: Yes to both (partial for basketball)

What do you like about GopherHole?: Inside info, know many of the personalities after years of posting/reading, generally an intelligent place

What do you dislike about GopherHole?: Posters that should be banned and are not; posters that return and somehow allowed to stay (wren)

What improvements or features would you like to see enacted?: Get rid of the lame, long word filters for swearing.

What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?: This is about it.

What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: When the Twins got good again and many football posters were hoping they'd lose to avoid Metrodome conflicts, I had to disagree for obvious reasons. After that, I finally broke through and continued.

How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole (Web search, friend, etc.)?: Searched and found it way back in '97, when I hardly even knew what the internet was.

III. Fun Questions.

What do you do before/after you attend a Gopher sporting event (tailgated at campus locale, walk through Gold Country/university bookstore, visit Dinkytown venues, etc.)?: Tailgate in C89; go to the Big Ten restaurant.

Who is the most athletic athlete that you witnessed wearing the maroon and gold uniform(s)?: I keep getting told it's Rodney Williams. I wish he could shoot too.

Who is the most dominant player (game changer) that you witnessed in football and/or basketball?: Karon Riley or Eric Decker; Vincent Grier or Bobby Jackson

Do you stand, sit, mixed during third down defensive stands? Stand

Best/most fun Gopher football and/or basketball game that you attended?: 1989 Iowa basketball. 2010 Iowa football.

I. Demographics

#of years as a Gopher fan: 20
Minnesota Native: Yes
Hometown: St. Cloud, MN
Current Address: Bloomington, MN
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): B.A. College of St. Scholastica (Duluth, MN) 2009.
Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: Yes.
Season ticket holder for football and/or basketball: No. (If yes, what sports, how many tickets, and what section(s) are your seats?)

What do you like about GopherHole?: For a Gopher basketball fan like myself its the best place to find news, analysis and opinions. This site is like discussing the game with my Dad or friends, but its always there and the opinions are endless. Nothing beats logging on and reading a pre-game thoughts by Gopher Warrior, or seeing what Selection Sunday has to say about our tourney chances.

What do you dislike about GopherHole?: Too much negativity and too many personal attacks for spelling/opinions. Agree to disagree, if nothing else.

What improvements or features would you like to see enacted?: Less repeated threads (not a big issue, sometimes people just don't see the other ones) and "thread bumps". If a topic has been dead for 2 weeks don't find that thread and comment and bring it to the top of the page.

What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?: Scout (non-premium member), Star-Tribune and Pioneer Press, ESPN.com (sad to say)

What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: Never a lurker. Loved Mo Walkers game and wanted more peoples opinions on him. My first post was a new thread.

What other Gopher sports have you attended this past year?: Hockey.

What other teams do you have season tickets to (Gopher and/or non-Gopher?: Twins

How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole (Web search, friend, etc.)?: Co-worker told me to check it out and I was instantly hooked.

III. Fun Questions.

What do you do before/after you attend a Gopher sporting event (tailgated at campus locale, walk through Gold Country/university bookstore, visit Dinkytown venues, etc.)?: Grab some beers, get to the game early and take in the crowd. Nothing beats walking into the barn and watching as it fills up.

Who is the most athletic athlete that you witnessed wearing the maroon and gold uniform(s)?: Bobby Jackson never failed to amaze but the most athletic is Sam Jacobsen (I just remember watching him jump when I was a young kid and wanting to be like Sam, I copied him in my driveway all the time)

Who is the most dominant player (game changer) that you witnessed in football and/or basketball?: Quincy Lewis was a game changer whenever he stepped onto the court. Not a lot of dominant players in my Gopher basketball memories.

Do you stand, sit, mixed during third down defensive stands? Cheer loudly

Best/most fun Gopher football and/or basketball game that you attended?: My first ever Gopher hoops game against Iowa. I loved it from the second I got into The Barn and watching Iowa's Chris Kingsbury shoot from anywhere and everywhere is a memory I'll never forget.

I. Demographics

Age: 41. Gender: Male. #of years as a Gopher fan: 25. Minnesota Native: No.
Hometown: Spencer, Ia. Current Address: Philadelphia, PA.
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): B.A. Economics, Business & Mathematics, U of Mn 1994.
Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: Yes (if you include a road game)

What do you like about GopherHole?: So many great posters that bring information and links from many different sources so I can stay on top of Gopher sports without reading 10 papers and blogs.

What do you dislike about GopherHole?: Trolls and frauds.

What improvements or features would you like to see enacted?: More features and articles on past, present and future Gophers.

What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?: Strib and Rivals

What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: Wanted to participate.

How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole (Web search, friend, etc.)?: Web search looking for info on Brewster hire.

III. Fun Questions.

What do you do before/after you attend a Gopher sporting event (tailgated at campus locale, walk through Gold Country/university bookstore, visit Dinkytown venues, etc.)?: Depends on if I am in Mpls or at a road game. Have tailgated, bar hoped, drove home and went to another event.

Who is the most athletic athlete that you witnessed wearing the maroon and gold uniform(s)?: Dave Winfield...hands down!

Who is the most dominant player (game changer) that you witnessed in football and/or basketball?: (Assume you mean Gopher player) Bobby Jackson could own the floor in BB

Best/most fun Gopher football and/or basketball game that you attended?: Michigan at the Barn in 1994.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom