It's Time: 6th Annual GopherHole Survey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Survey Says

I. Demographics

Age: 46. Gender: Male. #of years as a Gopher fan: 40. Minnesota Native: Yes.
Hometown: Two Harbors. Current Address: Bloomington.
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): A.A MSB.
Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: Yes Football.
Season ticket holder for football and/or basketball: Yes. Football 5 Tix Sect 119 Row 19

II. GopherHole-related questions

What do you like about GopherHole?: A great site to share comments and get information that's related to Gopher football and basketball. The lively discussions and humor of the posting members. The visiting fans prior and after home games. The in-depth reports and insights provided by GopherLady, Selection Sunday et al, recruiting interviews by Chris Monter and the links that BleedGopher and others provide. Also I was able to meet a fellow GopherHole member in Penn State and give us the low down on PSU and a Tour.

What do you dislike about GopherHole?: Not much. I read what I want and ignore the trolls.

What improvements or features would you like to see enacted?: Allow the knowledge of posters bubble up (i.e.Selection Sunday).

What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?: Scout (non-premium member), Star-Tribune and Pioneer Press and BleedGopher's many links.

What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: N/A, a longtime member and was never a lurker.

What other Gopher sports have you attended this past year?: Hockey.

What other teams do you have season tickets to (Gopher and/or non-Gopher?: Twins.

How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole (Web search, friend, etc.)?: Web search.

III. Fun Questions.

What do you do before/after you attend a Gopher sporting event (tailgated at campus locale, walk through Gold Country/university bookstore, visit Dinkytown venues, etc.)?: Tailgate at the fairgrounds or Bennets

Who is the most athletic athlete that you witnessed wearing the maroon and gold uniform(s)?:

Who is the most dominant player (game changer) that you witnessed in football and/or basketball?: .

Do you stand, sit, mixed during third down defensive stands? Stand and yell.

Best/most fun Gopher football and/or basketball game that you attended?: Michigan 03 (bad but fun) or Iowa this year.

I. Demographics
Age 34, male, Gopher fan since birth, Minnesota native
Hometown: New Brighton; Currently: Maple Grove
Bachelors & Masters degree from the U in Electrical/Computer Engineering
Attend all football games and usually a b-ball game or two plus usually a volleyball game or 2 with the family
Football season ticket holder since 1995

II. Gopher-hole related Questions
What do you like about GopherHole?: The inside info, especially about recruiting, but also about unreported, behind-the-scenes stuff going on with coaches & players

What do you dislike about GopherHole?: People who rip on players - these are just kids folks, and they (or their loved ones) probably read this.

What improvements or features would you like to see enacted?: It's pretty good as is.

What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?: FBT, Star-Tribune, gophersports.com.

What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: Desire to comment.

What other Gopher sports have you attended this past year?: Volleyball.

What other teams do you have season tickets to (Gopher and/or non-Gopher)?: None.

How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole (Web search, friend, etc.)?: Friend mentioned it.

III. Fun Questions.

What do you do before/after you attend a Gopher sporting event (tailgated at campus locale, walk through Gold Country/university bookstore, visit Dinkytown venues, etc.)?: I'm a parent, so drop off the kids at my mom's house and high-tail it to the shuttle bus.

Who is the most athletic athlete that you witnessed wearing the maroon and gold uniform(s)?: Maybe Bobby Jackson or Sam Jacobsen or Laurence Maroney in football.

Who is the most dominant player (game changer) that you witnessed in football and/or basketball?: Bobby Jackson - that whole team was great, but he was really the dominator on the floor.

Do you stand, sit, mixed during third down defensive stands? Stand and be loud, unless we've sucked that day or it's a non-competitive game

Best/most fun Gopher football and/or basketball game that you attended?: 1997 Gopher b-ball win over Illinois at the barn - both teams were vying for the B1G title and I remember a key play down the stretch in the 2nd half. I don't remember the score, but the Illinois PG (Kiwane Garris, who was pretty good) dribbles down the floor and Bobby Jackson comes up to guard him. Kiwane looks at Bobby and yells at him "Come on!" Bobby proceeds to steal the ball cleanly from Kiwane and drive down for a layup or dunk. The Barn went nuts and the game was pretty much over after that. There was simply no better venue for sports in Minnesota than the Barn that year. It hasn't been as loud recently, but hopefully we'll get it back to that level.

I. Demographics
#of years as a Gopher fan: Since I was very young...40 plus years...attended a few games at Memorial Stadium with my father in the early 70's .
Minnesota Native: Yes.
Hometown: Glenville, MN.
Current Address: St. Anthony, MN.
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): B.S. Sports Studies B.S. Bible Northwestern College, MN
Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: Yes
Season ticket holder for football and/or basketball: Yes, have shared 4 Football season tickets with another family for six years.

What do you like about GopherHole?: To get the inside scoop on the team.
What do you dislike about GopherHole?: When there gets to be too much negativity.
What improvements or features would you like to see enacted?: Not sure.
What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?: Anywhere I can get it...St. PPP, Strib, local TV, gophersports.com
What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: I never post...I am a lurker.
What other Gopher sports have you attended this past year?: Men's Basketball
What other teams do you have season tickets to (Gopher and/or non-Gopher?: None.
How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole (Web search, friend, etc.)?: web search many years ago.

III. Fun Questions.
What do you do before/after you attend a Gopher sporting event (tailgated at campus locale, walk through Gold Country/university bookstore, visit Dinkytown venues, etc.)?: I try to arrive very early now on gameday to just take in the collegiate atmosphere...which was non-existent at the metrodome. My middle school and elementary school boys love the games and sing The Rouser at the top of their lungs every chance they get. After the game we linger and sing Hail Minnesota and if time allows, stop for something to eat while dressed in all of our maroon and gold.
Who is the most athletic athlete that you witnessed wearing the maroon and gold uniform(s)?: Tough one...maybe Greg Eslinger...not huge, not massively strong, but very athletic with very good feet. In my view he was the most valuable player in the system during his years in maroon and gold.
Who is the most dominant player (game changer) that you witnessed in football and/or basketball?: Randy Breuer in his day.
Do you stand, sit, mixed during third down defensive stands? I have a good seat where I can stand and not disrupt anyone who is napping...so I stand for much (over 50%) of the game...for sure on 3rd down defensive stands.
Best/most fun Gopher football and/or basketball game that you attended?: #1 was the opener at The Bank vs. Air Force #2 was the victory of Iowa for Floyd at the Metrodome in 2006

I. Demographics

Age: 28. Gender: Male. #of years as a Gopher fan: 20. Minnesota Native: Yes.
Hometown: Shakopee. Current Address: Roseville.
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): B.A. University of Minnesota 2003. Almost complete with MBA from St. Thomas.
Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: Yes both.
Season ticket holder for football and/or basketball: Yes football. 2 tickets, Row 12, Section 114

What do you like about GopherHole?: Love the interaction among Gopher fans and the recruiting updates. Selection Sunday was the only guy who could calm me down last year when the Gophers were on the bubble.

What do you dislike about GopherHole?: Bickering, personal attacks on players.

What improvements or features would you like to see enacted?: More interviews with recruits; I just can't get enough of it.

What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?: FBT, Star-Tribune and Pioneer Press.

What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: Wanted to meet fellow Gopherholers on road trip to Iowa City.

What other Gopher sports have you attended this past year?: None.

What other teams do you have season tickets to (Gopher and/or non-Gopher?: None.

How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole (Web search, friend, etc.)?: Web search about five years ago.

III. Fun Questions.

What do you do before/after you attend a Gopher sporting event (tailgated at campus locale, walk through Gold Country/university bookstore, visit Dinkytown venues, etc.)?: Tailgate in Ski-U-Mah lot. Visit Stubs, Big Ten.

Who is the most athletic athlete that you witnessed wearing the maroon and gold uniform(s)?: Laurence Maroney - when he caught a crease he was gone.

Who is the most dominant player (game changer) that you witnessed in football and/or basketball?: Vashon Leonard, basketball, Steve Eslinger, football

Do you stand, sit, mixed during third down defensive stands? Stand and yell, but only on third downs.

Best/most fun Gopher football and/or basketball game that you attended?: Air Force game football. Puerto Rico Tip-Off North Carolina game basketball.

I. Demographics
#of years as a Gopher fan: 23
Minnesota Native: No
Hometown: Brandon, Manitoba
Current Address: Brooklyn, NY.
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): B.A. U of Minnesota, M.Div. Regent College, ThM Fuller Theological Seminary, PhD (in progress) Fuller Theological Seminary.
Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: No
Season ticket holder for football and/or basketball: No

What do you like about GopherHole?: Good information regarding ongoing issues of interest surrounding the football and hoops squads.
What do you dislike about GopherHole?: The ongoing negativity by a few of the members. It is a real downer to constantly read negative comments when i get enough of that from columnists.
What improvements or features would you like to see enacted?: Add an Android App
What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?: Twitter, Star-Tribune and Pioneer Press sites, ESPN.com, GopherIllustrated.
What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: I was looking to get more connected with other Gopher fans since I live quite a distance away.
What other Gopher sports have you attended this past year?: None
How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole (Web search, friend, etc.)?: Web search

III. Fun Questions.
What do you do before/after you attend a Gopher sporting event (tailgated at campus locale, walk through Gold Country/university bookstore, visit Dinkytown venues, etc.)?: I am rarely able to attend due to where I live. When I have, I tailgate with friends and go to Gold Country.
Who is the most athletic athlete that you witnessed wearing the maroon and gold uniform(s)?: Not sure. I don't really believe in that question and tehe discussion surrounding it. I.e. Rodney Williams is not the most athletic player we have just because he can jump and dunk when he can't shoot or ball handle.
Who is the most dominant player (game changer) that you witnessed in football and/or basketball?: Willie Burton
Do you stand, sit, mixed during third down defensive stands? Stand
Best/most fun Gopher football and/or basketball game that you attended?: The opening game in TCF against Air Force.

I. Demographics

Age: 34. Gender: Male. #of years as a Gopher fan: 25. Minnesota Native: Yes.
Hometown: Moorhead. Current Address: Prior Lake.
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): Bachelors degree University of Minnesota CSOM 1999
Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: Yes.
Season ticket holder for football and/or basketball: Yes football. 4 tickets, Row 5, Section 141

What do you like about GopherHole?: It's a treasure trove of information, speculation and fun banter of all things Gophers. I can generally get information faster than through 'traditional' news sources.

What do you dislike about GopherHole?: The pettiness of some posters, and trolls from rival schools.

What improvements or features would you like to see enacted?: Quicker action to pull the plug on people who are just there to incite others.

What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?: FBT, Star Tribune and Pioneer Press.

What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: Friends with some active posters and mods.

What other teams do you have season tickets to (Gopher and/or non-Gopher?: None. Waiting list for hockey.

How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole (Web search, friend, etc.)?: Friends.

III. Fun Questions.

What do you do before/after you attend a Gopher sporting event (tailgated at campus locale, walk through Gold Country/university bookstore, visit Dinkytown venues, etc.)?: Tailgating in Lot 37.

Who is the most athletic athlete that you witnessed wearing the maroon and gold uniform(s)?: 'Quise

Who is the most dominant player (game changer) that you witnessed in football and/or basketball?: Bobby Jackson, basketball, Eric Decker, football

Do you stand, sit, mixed during third down defensive stands? Stand...ALWAYS.

Best/most fun Gopher football and/or basketball game that you attended?: Football: Iowa game last November, and Michigan in 2005.

I. Demographics
#of years as a Gopher fan: since 1960 Rose Bowl when I was living in LA
Minnesota Native: No.
Hometown: Ft. Carson, Co.
Current Address: Eagan, MN.
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): B.A. Augsburg College 1989
Season ticket holder for football and/or basketball: Yes, Football, 2 seats since 1982

What do you like about GopherHole?: I am able to get my Gopher fix daily. I like the posts about incoming recruits.
What do you dislike about GopherHole?: The negativity and constant rumblings about Brewster and Mason. It's in the past let's move forward. Support the current coach and team.
What improvements or features would you like to see enacted?: iPad/iPhone Apps!
What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?: Fringebowlteamblog.com, GI, newspapers
What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: Needed to express my opinion about all the negtivity and how it affects the persception of recruits.
What other Gopher sports have you attended this past year?: Women's hockey
How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole (Web search, friend, etc.)?: People on another site mentioned that wren had been banned, so I had to check it out.
III. Fun Questions.
What do you do before/after you attend a Gopher sporting event (tailgated at campus locale, walk through Gold Country/university bookstore, visit Dinkytown venues, etc.)?: Come early, watch the Victory Walk, go to a bar or the Alumni Center. Would love to join tailgaters but don't know anyone.
Who is the most athletic athlete that you witnessed wearing the maroon and gold uniform(s)?: Football, maybe Marqueis Gray. I never expected him to be one of the better WR in the Big 10 last year. Not having played the position, he picked it up very quickly.
Who is the most dominant player (game changer) that you witnessed in football and/or basketball?: Laurence Maroney.
Do you stand, sit, mixed during third down defensive stands? Try to stand, but it's hard when the people around want to sit and watch like the game is on television.
Best/most fun Gopher football and/or basketball game that you attended?: Iowa game to end the season last year. Halloween Night games the last two years.

Demographics

#of years as a Gopher fan: Since I was a baby in the stands
Minnesota Native: Yes
Hometown: Minnetonka, MN
Current Address: Mountain View, CA
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): B.A. University of St. Thomas (ugh); M.Ed., Iowa State University; Ed.D., University of Minnesota (in progress)
Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: Base my holiday trip home around home games at the Barn
Season ticket holder for football and/or basketball: My parents had football tix for 10 years until they moved into the Dome (I went to many games as a very little kid); basketball for 40 years (my mom almost always took me over my dad, which was great); Section 207 (that seating chart redo years ago really screwed us over – from row 8 in what is now the student section to upper deck – brutal).

What do you like about GopherHole?: Informative, enthusiastic and committed fans

What do you dislike about GopherHole?: Immature comments, irresponsible comments that become combative, disrespectfulness, and topics that have no sense of critical thought or focus.

What improvements or features would you like to see enacted? Maybe a chat or two with Gopher coaches (assistants and head coaches)

What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?: gophersports.com, espn.com, Big Ten Network

What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: I always wanted to post but too often I was turned off by rude comments, uninformed comments, or people being lambasted for reasonable comments; not sure why I gave in.

What other Gopher sports have you attended this past year?: Only men’s hoops

What other teams do you have season tickets to (Gopher and/or non-Gopher?): none

How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole (Web search, friend, etc.)?: web search years ago

III. Fun Questions.

What do you do before/after you attend a Gopher sporting event? Generally, I’m on the West Coast so I’m racing home to watch the game via DVR. If in the Twin Cities, we grab dinner in the Stadium Village area before the game.

Who is the most athletic athlete that you witnessed wearing the maroon and gold uniform(s)?: Willie Burton, Ricky Foggie

Who is the most dominant player (game changer) that you witnessed in football and/or basketball?: Voshon Lenard, Willie Burton, Bobby Jackson, Vincent Grier, Tommy Davis

Do you stand, sit, mixed during third down defensive stands? n/a

Best/most fun Gopher football and/or basketball game that you attended?: Probably the hoops game where we upset #1 Illinois or the 50-point drubbing of Indiana. The most interesting had to be the Ricky Birdsong game when he was coaching at Northwestern and sat in the stands during the second half.

Demographics

#of years as a Gopher fan: Since the late '60's
Hometown: Arlington, MN
Current Address: Shakopee,MN
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): B.A. Gustavus; B.A. MSU, Mankato; M.Ed., St. Mary's;
Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: football and volleyball
Season ticket holder for football and/or basketball:Off and on in the 80's; presently football, 4 seats, bleachers

What do you like about GopherHole?: Informative

What do you dislike about GopherHole?: Immature comments, over the top fans of any school including the U.

What improvements or features would you like to see enacted?

What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?: gophersports.com, espn.com, Big Ten Network, small town radio, red Star tribune,

What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: not sure, I thought I might have something to offer. Former HS coach for 25 years, watch at least a game a week

What other Gopher sports have you attended this past year?: volleyball

What other teams do you have season tickets to (Gopher and/or non-Gopher?): none

How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole (Web search, friend, etc.)?: web search

III. Fun Questions.

What do you do before/after you attend a Gopher sporting event? tailgate with my brother and friends

Who is the most athletic athlete that you witnessed wearing the maroon and gold uniform(s)?: Dave Winfield, Rick Upchurch

Who is the most dominant player (game changer) that you witnessed in football and/or basketball?: Pick one from Nebraska 84 -13

Do you stand, sit, mixed during third down defensive stands? depends on the score

Best/most fun Gopher football and/or basketball game that you attended?: Iron 5 vs. Indiana

#of years as a Gopher fan: 1
Hometown: Monticello, AR
Current Address: Little Rock, AR
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): B.S. University of Arkansas at Monticello
Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: No

What do you like about GopherHole?: Structure, friendliness or posters, acceptance of others

What do you dislike about GopherHole?: My Proxy Server at work blocks it.

What improvements or features would you like to see enacted? Doesn't need any. Far better than a lot of message boards I frequent and the structure is great.

What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?: Facebook

What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: Never lurked.

What other teams do you have season tickets to (Gopher and/or non-Gopher?): None

How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole (Web search, friend, etc.)?: Web search

III. Fun Questions.

What do you do before/after you attend a Gopher sporting event (tailgated at campus locale, walk through Gold Country/university bookstore, visit Dinkytown venues, etc.)?: Drank a beer

Who is the most athletic athlete that you witnessed wearing the maroon and gold uniform(s)?:
Dan Nystrom

Who is the most dominant player (game changer) that you witnessed in football and/or basketball?: Dan Nystrom

Do you stand, sit, mixed during third down defensive stands? Stand the whole game

Best/most fun Gopher football and/or basketball game that you attended?: FB - 2009 vs. Purdue (my only one)

Demographics

#of years as a Gopher fan: 40
Hometown: Virginia, MN
Current Address: Inver Grove Heights, MN
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): B.S. St. Cloud State, 1969/Graduate Student UM '73-'74;
Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: Yes, Both
Season ticket holder for football and/or basketball: No, No

What do you like about GopherHole?: Information, Reactions, Interviews, Characters

What do you dislike about GopherHole?: Whiners, complainers, know it alls;

What improvements or features would you like to see enacted? Data Pages (team records, All Big Ten, ect;)
What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?: Star-Trib, PP, Twitter, Facebook, Rosen, Sid (Sunday's), ESPN (Big Ten Blog);

What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: being retired (more time)

What other Gopher sports have you attended this past year?: Football/Basketball

What other teams do you have season tickets to (Gopher and/or non-Gopher?): None

How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole (Google: Gopher Football)

III. Fun Questions.

What do you do before/after you attend a Gopher sporting event (tailgated at campus locale, walk through Gold Country/university bookstore, visit Dinkytown venues, etc.)?: Stub and Herbs;

Who is the most athletic athlete that you witnessed wearing the maroon and gold uniform(s)?: Darrell Thompson

Who is the most dominant player (game changer) that you witnessed in football and/or basketball?: Trent Tucker - BB, Darrell Thompson - FB

Do you stand, sit, mixed during third down defensive stands? Stand and clap.

Best/most fun Gopher football and/or basketball game that you attended?: USC vs Gopher FB in 1968.

I. Demographics

#of years as a Gopher fan: 11ish
Minnesota Native: Yup.
Hometown: Born in Minneapolis, but I consider my hometown to be Superior, WI.
Current Address: Fridley, MN
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): N/A
Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: Yes, football. Try to make one BB game a year, too.
Season ticket holder for football and/or basketball: Yes, football. Sec. 109, row 1, seats 15 and 16.

What do you like about GopherHole?: It's my one-stop I typically go for Gopher information. Also a great place to discuss my favorite sports teams with other like-minded individuals.

What do you dislike about GopherHole?: Not too much, actually. Some of the trolling, but that's a given no mater what forum you go to.

What improvements or features would you like to see enacted?: Nothing that I can think of.

What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?: I don't know about other fans, but I like GopherHole, Adam Rittenberg's B1G blog on ESPN.com, FBT, The Daily Gopher, and some of the blogs on the Strib and PPress sites.

What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: Wasn't much of a lurker.

What other Gopher sports have you attended this past year?: None yet.

What other teams do you have season tickets to (Gopher and/or non-Gopher?: Zero.

How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole (Web search, friend, etc.)?: Actually PantherHawk kept mentioning GopherHole in his posts on the ESPN comment section, so I figured I'd check it out.

III. Fun Questions.

What do you do before/after you attend a Gopher sporting event (tailgated at campus locale, walk through Gold Country/university bookstore, visit Dinkytown venues, etc.)?: Pretty much just show up and enjoy the game and the environment. I go with 2 old guys so to keep it easy on their bodies I we typically show up to the game, walk around the stadium and take in the gameday atmosphere, grab a few cheesecurds, hit up Goldy's Lockeroom, and go to our seats.

Who is the most athletic athlete that you witnessed wearing the maroon and gold uniform(s)?: In person, I'd say Tyrone Carter, Marion Barber III, and Lawerence Maroney. Oh, and can't forget Bobby Jackson.

Who is the most dominant player (game changer) that you witnessed in football and/or basketball?: Read above.

Do you stand, sit, mixed during third down defensive stands? Mix it up. Typically I'm really into the game, so it's alot of jumping around and hitting the people around me.

Best/most fun Gopher football and/or basketball game that you attended?: Man, I'd say the Halloween night game at The Bank against Michigan State. Couldn't believe the refs that game (horrible calls on both sides of the ball), and I remember by the 4th quarter, we were screaming at the refs to throw their flags after EVERY play(in jest). It was surreal. Then the miraculous "Immaculate Reception 2.0" by Bennet to pretty much win the game was awesome.

#of years as a Gopher fan: All my life. Father did graduate school at the U. I did not know where Minnesota was but found his homecoming pins -- SCUTTLE PITT; HOE DOWN THE HOOSIERS really cool and decided from a young age I would study at the U.

Hometown: Coorg, India
Current Address: Coorg, India
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): B.S. University of Minnesota
MCRP Rutgers University
Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: Once in 20 YEARS, BUT THIS IS THAT YEAR

What do you like about GopherHole?: Recruiting, inside info, the passion of the fans, some of the humour.

What do you dislike about GopherHole?: Meltdowns after a loss, badgers who camp here and Gophers who have lost their souls, due to the years in the wilderness, but insist on negative posting all the time.

What improvements or features would you like to see enacted? More pictures.

What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?: FBT, Espn for their gamecast and sometimes Strib and PP

What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: Still a lurker...though, I think, I won the football pool.

How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole (Web search, friend, etc.)?: Google

III. Fun Questions.
What do you do before/after you attend a Gopher sporting event (tailgated at campus locale, walk through Gold Country/university bookstore, visit Dinkytown venues, etc.)?: Have not attended in 20 years. Thanks to the interweb I am up at crazy hours following BB and football.

Who is the most athletic athlete that you witnessed wearing the maroon and gold uniform(s)?: Willie Burton

Who is the most dominant player (game changer) that you witnessed in football and/or basketball?: Bobby Jackson

Do you stand, sit, mixed during third down defensive stands? The last game I attended the people in front of me had paper bags on their heads, I think, I sat the whole time. Will make up this year.

Best/most fun Gopher football and/or basketball game that you attended?: 1992-1993 season for BB. A friend had tickets, from his boss, which where near the court -- specifically may be the Purdue game.

I. Demographics

#of years as a Gopher fan: 12
Minnesota Native: no
Hometown: Lima, NY (outside Rochester)
Current Address: Cranberry TWP, PA (North of Pittsburgh)
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): B.A. University at Buffalo, 1995; M.B.A. University of Minnesota, 2001
Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: no
Season ticket holder for football and/or basketball: no

What do you like about GopherHole?: Information, Recruiting, Classy Posters (Bleed, Nadine, Monter, others)

What do you dislike about GopherHole?: Embarrassing threads about the demise of Wisconsin - I don't like them either, but there are a number of posters who talk about how they are going downhill all the time and it is painful to read

What improvements or features would you like to see enacted?

What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information? none

What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH? Don't post too often - only when I feel I have a different take on something

What other Gopher sports have you attended this past year? none

What other teams do you have season tickets to (Gopher and/or non-Gopher? none

How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole (Web search, friend, etc.)?: Web search - probably about 6-7 years ago

III. Fun Questions.

What do you do before/after you attend a Gopher sporting event (tailgated at campus locale, walk through Gold Country/university bookstore, visit Dinkytown venues, etc.)?: drink in the dark

Who is the most athletic athlete that you witnessed wearing the maroon and gold uniform(s)? personally witnessed is probably Grier

Who is the most dominant player (game changer) that you witnessed in football and/or basketball?: again, personally - Decker

Do you stand, sit, mixed during third down defensive stands? mix - stand and sit

Best/most fun Gopher football and/or basketball game that you attended?: In the Barn in 2001(?) - beating Indiana in OT

I. Demographics

Age: 29. Gender: Male. #of years as a Gopher fan: 29. Minnesota Native: Yes.
Hometown: Barnesville, MN. Current Address: Barnesville, MN
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): B.A. Concordia College-Moorhead, M.Ed. UofM
Season ticket holder for football and/or basketball: Not currently, but in the past

What do you like about GopherHole?: Up-to-date gopher hoops chat with people who seem passionate about it like I am.

What do you dislike about GopherHole?: Stories is very amatuer. A lot of it is great information, but the people that contribute them should be forced to take a writing course... preferrably in english.

What improvements or features would you like to see enacted?: Maybe update the Facebook daily with some of the topics being discussed in The Hole.

What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?: Strib, Pioneer Press, WCCO

What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: Had to offer some common sense!

What other Gopher sports have you attended this past year?: Hoops & hockey

What other teams do you have season tickets to (Gopher and/or non-Gopher?: None

How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole (Web search, friend, etc.)?: Googled Minnesota Gophers basketball

III. Fun Questions.

What do you do before/after you attend a Gopher sporting event (tailgated at campus locale, walk through Gold Country/university bookstore, visit Dinkytown venues, etc.)?: Sally's & Station 19!

Who is the most athletic athlete that you witnessed wearing the maroon and gold uniform(s)?: In person was either Bobby J or Sam Jacobson.

Who is the most dominant player (game changer) that you witnessed in football and/or basketball?: Bobby J versus Clemson in the 1997 Sweet 16.

Do you stand, sit, mixed during third down defensive stands? Depends on the situation, lately the Gophers have been so far behind that it makes no difference!

Best/most fun Gopher football and/or basketball game that you attended?: basketball game vs. Wisconsin in 2005.

Demographics

#of years as a Gopher fan: 40
Hometown: St. Paul, MN
Current Address: Western Wisconsin
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): B.A.M: University of ST. Thomas-Twin Cities, 1981
Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: Yes, Football
Season ticket holder for football and/or basketball: Football

What do you like about GopherHole?: Information on team that you do not get from papers. Fun, creative banter.

What do you dislike about GopherHole?: Trolls and the sky is falling after every loss.

What improvements or features would you like to see enacted? More fun and creativity and plain old support no matter what. Get rid of trolls.

What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?: Local Papers, FBT.

What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: I thought it would be fun

What other Gopher sports have you attended this past year?: none, but follow online or on radio

III. Fun Questions.

What do you do before/after you attend a Gopher sporting event? Usually driving, especially for early games. Otherwise will meet friend for a little tailgating.

Who is the most athletic athlete that you witnessed wearing the maroon and gold uniform(s)?: Rick Upchurch, Darrell Thompson, Tyrone Carter, Marion Barber lll, Neil Broten, Reed Larson, Jordan Leopold.

Who is the most dominant player (game changer) that you witnessed in football and/or basketball?: Richie Foggie

Do you stand, sit, mixed during third down defensive stands? I will stand as long as the people in front of me are standing, otherwise will sit and yell!

Best/most fun Gopher football and/or basketball game that you attended?: Last year vs Iowa and first game of Darrell Thompson's career vs University of ohio? He game out of nowhere and had an awesome game.
My favorite season was when Call Stoll was the coach and we beat UCLA and Michigan and went bowling. This was the season that locked me in as a gopher fan for life.

I. Demographics

#of years as a Gopher fan: 32
Hometown: Rochester, MN
Current Address: Minnetonka
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): BSB Gopher, MBA Gopher
Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: Yes to both
Season ticket holder for football and/or basketball: Yes, Football

What do you like about GopherHole?: Inside information. A great place to get the pulse of the community. Anything that SelectionSunday posts. The off/preseason and recruiting content.

What do you dislike about GopherHole?: All of the "sky is falling" posts after a loss.

What improvements or features would you like to see enacted?: A mobile-friendly version would be nice.

What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?: Gopher Illustrated, Star-Tribune and Pioneer Press. KFAN... Just kidding

What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: Had a few questions that I wasn't seeing answers to. I really like to ask more than tell. So many good minds here.

What other Gopher sports have you attended this past year?: 3 Football games, 3 BB games and the Vikings/Bears game at TCF Bank (I count that as a Gopher event!)

How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole (Web search, friend, etc.)?: Web search about eight years ago. Since that time I've told several friends about GopherHole.

III. Fun Questions.

What do you do before/after you attend a Gopher sporting event (tailgated at campus locale, walk through Gold Country/university bookstore, visit Dinkytown venues, etc.)?: Tailgate and drink beer! The at-home experience is usually more nerve-wracking. I pace the entire house, throw things, swear at the TV. It's awful.

Who is the most athletic athlete that you witnessed wearing the maroon and gold uniform(s)?: Honestly, Rodney Williams comes to mind. That guy is a freak. Sam Jacobson comes to mind also. I mean, have you ever seen a white guy jump that high???

Who is the most dominant player (game changer) that you witnessed in football and/or basketball?: Bobby Jackson and Darrell Thompson

Do you stand, sit, mixed during third down defensive stands? Hell yeah!

Best/most fun Gopher football and/or basketball game that you attended?: Even though it was a loss, i have to say the Football loss to Wisconsin at the dome with the now infamous blocked punt was one of the "highest highs and lowest lows" games I have ever seen. The dome was rocking. Basketball has to be any game during the 1998 run. I was a student and those games were some of the craziest that I have ever seen. I especially remember the "Bobby Jackson prevents the ball from going out of bounds, saves it to himself, and scores a basket" play. Wow.

I. Demographics

Age: 34. Gender: Male. #of years as a Gopher fan: 12. Minnesota Native: No
Hometown: Born in WI grew up in TX Current Address: Vadnais Heights, MN.
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): B.A. Kalamazoo College, MSSE Univeresity of Minnesota
Season ticket holder for football and/or basketball: Yes. Football

What do you like about GopherHole?:I like the activity. I like that the majority of the community values speeking in coherant throughts. I like that people's sigs aren't full of half nude women as if they need to broadcast to the world they can use google and find sexy pics.

What do you dislike about GopherHole?: The lack of pressure by the moderators to support the wishes of the community to clean up the grammer, coherent thoughts, etc in the posting.

What improvements or features would you like to see enacted?: Since Kill has promised to open up practices to the media, the ability to stream media memebers, or your staffs thoughts while you are at practice.

What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?: Rivals, PP, FBT, ESPN, Trib

What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: Scout bought out CFN and mergered their message boards, so I wanted a new place to discuss football.

What other Gopher sports have you attended this past year?: Men's basketball

What other teams do you have season tickets to (Gopher and/or non-Gopher?: Twins (shared)

How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole (Web search, friend, etc.)?: Divine Inervention.

III. Fun Questions.

What do you do before/after you attend a Gopher sporting event (tailgated at campus locale, walk through Gold Country/university bookstore, visit Dinkytown venues, etc.)?: Tailgate with the family.

Who is the most athletic athlete that you witnessed wearing the maroon and gold uniform(s)?: Too hard to pick

Who is the most dominant player (game changer) that you witnessed in football and/or basketball?: Maybe Grier (Too hard to pick but didn't want to write that again)

Do you stand, sit, mixed during third down defensive stands? I stand and yell at the students to show up to the game (j/k). I stand mostly, depends on how the kids are behaving.

Best/most fun Gopher football and/or basketball game that you attended?: Too many to count. I love going to the games with my family.

I. Demographics

Age: 36. Gender: Male. #of years as a Gopher fan: 26. Minnesota Native: Yes.
Hometown: Robbinsdale. Current Address: Fargo, North Dakota.
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): None.
Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: Try to - Football.
Season ticket holder for football and/or basketball: No. (If yes, what sports, how many tickets, and what section(s) are your seats?)

What do you like about GopherHole?: Discussions.

What do you dislike about GopherHole?: Ceaseless and thoughtless criticism of some posters by other posters. I haven't been the victim of any of this, but I see it occasionally, and I hate it.

What improvements or features would you like to see enacted?: None - I like it the way it is.

What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?: ESPN, BTN, Star Tribune, Pioneer Press

What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: I'm a joiner - I never lurk.

How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole (Web search, friend, etc.)?: Stumbled on it, don't know when.

III. Fun Questions.

What do you do before/after you attend a Gopher sporting event (tailgated at campus locale, walk through Gold Country/university bookstore, visit Dinkytown venues, etc.)?: Supper with friends at Perkins.

Who is the most athletic athlete that you witnessed wearing the maroon and gold uniform(s)?: Tyrone Carter

Who is the most dominant player (game changer) that you witnessed in football and/or basketball?: Tyrone Carter

Do you stand, sit, mixed during third down defensive stands? Stand

Best/most fun Gopher football and/or basketball game that you attended?: Minnesota 59 Purdue 56, on October 9, 1993. Omar Douglas had five or six TD catches.

I. Demographics

#of years as a Gopher fan: Since birth
Hometown: Columbia Heights, MN
Current Address: Eagan, MN
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): B.A. University of Minnesota, Twin Cities, 2001, J.D. Quinnipiac University School of Law, 2005
Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: Yes, Both
Season ticket holder for football and/or basketball: Yes. Football, two tickets. Just gave up BBall tix this year to save some $$ (so sad).

What do you like about GopherHole?: Info, general banter about my favorite teams, great articles/interviews

What do you dislike about GopherHole?: Trolls, posters taking themselves too seriously, lack of levity at times, group think

What improvements or features would you like to see enacted? Add a positive/negative rating for posters where people can rate comments and other can see how a particular poster is rated collectively by other G-Holers.

What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?: Startribune.com, pioner press, thedailygopher.com, downwithgoldy.com, ESPN Big Ten Blog, fringebowlteam.com, offtackleempire.com

What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: Pretty much jumped straight to poster once I found out about the website.

What other teams do you have season tickets to (Gopher and/or non-Gopher?): Twins.

How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole (Web search, friend, etc.)?: I came over from a reference on pagingjimshiekenjanski.com (sp?)

III. Fun Questions.

What do you do before/after you attend a Gopher sporting event (tailgated at campus locale, walk through Gold Country/university bookstore, visit Dinkytown venues, etc.)?: Tailgating, Big Ten Restaurant for a sub and hot wings, or Sally's

Who is the most athletic athlete that you witnessed wearing the maroon and gold uniform(s)?: Great question.... I always loved Tyrone Carter's nose for the ball on defense. As for BBall, probably Bobby Jackson.

Who is the most dominant player (game changer) that you witnessed in football and/or basketball?: Voshon Lenard/Kris Humphries - BB, Laurence Maroney/Tyrone Carter - FB

Do you stand, sit, mixed during third down defensive stands? Stand and clap.

Best/most fun Gopher football and/or basketball game that you attended?: BBall game versus Indiana when we beat Bob Knight's team by 50 points or so (not sure the year). Air Force home opener of TCF Bank Stadium.

I. Demographics

Age: 28. Gender: Male. #of years as a Gopher fan: 10. Minnesota Native: Yes.
Hometown: Born in Ohio, raised in Woodbury, MN. Current Address: Minneapolis, MN.
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): B.S.B, University of Minnesota, 2005.
Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: Yes, football, usually basketball. Season ticket holder for football and/or basketball: Yes, football. 4 tickets, Section 218, Row 19.

What do you like about GopherHole?: A good place to obtain information regarding Gopher football and basketball information from the users/contributors alike. I tend to go in and out of phases of enjoying the give and take you can have within the threads, but I am always lurking.

What do you dislike about GopherHole?: My dislikes of Gopherhole are inherent in almost all large online communities.

What improvements or features would you like to see enacted?: I am happy with Gopherhole, as is. That's not to say I wouldn't learn to like other features.

What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?: FBT, ESPN, Star-Tribune and Pioneer Press, GI + Scout (non-premium member), links provided by users.

What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: I did not lurk long after learning about the community. I think a few of my first posts happened to be regarding a Gopher commit who was thought to be a solid verbal, but was actually considering another school. It will probably be the only time I ever have inside information on a recruit.

What other Gopher sports have you attended this past year?: Football, basketball.

How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole (Web search, friend, etc.)?: A friend of mine brought it to my attention.

III. Fun Questions.

What do you do before/after you attend a Gopher sporting event (tailgated at campus locale, walk through Gold Country/university bookstore, visit Dinkytown venues, etc.)?: Usually for football games, I will tailgate before, and head out to establishments after the game. For basketball games or another event, I may catch a meal either before or after the game.

I haven't really seen most of the athletes play more than their own sport/position. My opinion would be conjecture.

Who is the most dominant player (game changer) that you witnessed in football and/or basketball?: Football - Maroney, Basketball - Bobby Jackson

Best/most fun Gopher football and/or basketball game that you attended?: 2003 Michigan... finally getting to the point where I can appreciate that season, and 3/4 of the game, without being irate at the ending.

I. Demographics

Age: 29 Gender: Male. #of years as a Gopher fan: 29 Minnesota Native: Yes.
Hometown: St. Michael Current Address: Eagan
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): B.S. Accounting
Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: Yes, Football
Season ticket holder for football and/or basketball: Football, Section 232

What do you like about GopherHole?: It’s a great place to find quite a few people talking about Gopher sports, and there are almost always a few very well-thought out opinions on everything.

What do you dislike about GopherHole?: Trolls.

What improvements or features would you like to see enacted?: The capture and summary execution of Pantherhawk and others. It could be a great fundraising opportunity if we put it on PPV.

What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?: FBT, GPL, TDG.

What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: I never was a lurker.

What other Gopher sports have you attended this past year?: Wrestling and Hockey.

How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole (Web search, friend, etc.): I don’t even remember how I found GH back in about 1997 or 1998.

III. Fun Questions.

What do you do before/after you attend a Gopher sporting event: I go to Campus Pizza before/after pretty much everything, but I plan on going to a few GLC events before games this year.

Who is the most athletic athlete that you witnessed wearing the maroon and gold uniform(s)?: Rickey Foggie, Bobby Jackson, and Thomas Vanek.

Who is the most dominant player (game changer) that you witnessed in football and/or basketball?: Rickey Foggie.

Do you stand, sit, mixed during third down defensive stands? Stand, yell, and clap.

Best/most fun Gopher football and/or basketball game that you attended?: 1986 @Michigan was the 1st road game I ever went to with my dad. 2009 Air Force and Michigan State, 2010 Iowa for football and 1997 Indiana for basketball also are games I’ll never forget.

I. Demographics

#of years as a Gopher fan: All my life
Minnesota Native: Yup.
Hometown:
Current Address: You likely can tell
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): Lots
Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: Yes, football.
Season ticket holder for football and/or basketball: Yes, football.

What do you like about GopherHole?: Also a great place to discuss my favorite team, information.
What do you dislike about GopherHole?: I've stopped coming by more lately cuz the site speed has really slowed. I do not like the replays at the top as I think that has really slowed the site down.

What improvements or features would you like to see enacted?: Get rid of the replays/video at the top.

What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?: Strib, PP, FBT, Big Ten Blog, Scout, GI.

What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: I've become more of a lurker lately.

What other teams do you have season tickets to (Gopher and/or non-Gopher?: Zero.

How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole (Web search, friend, etc.)?: Web search.

III. Fun Questions.

What do you do before/after you attend a Gopher sporting event (tailgated at campus locale, walk through Gold Country/university bookstore, visit Dinkytown venues, etc.)?: Not a lot.

Who is the most athletic athlete that you witnessed wearing the maroon and gold uniform(s)?: Ricky Foggie.

Who is the most dominant player (game changer) that you witnessed in football and/or basketball?: Darrell Thompson / Willie Burton

Do you stand, sit, mixed during third down defensive stands? Mixed

Best/most fun Gopher football and/or basketball game that you attended?: Iowa game last year.

male

gopher fan since approx. 2005

not from minnesota originally

hometown turlock, ca

currently live on the wrong side of the mississippi, saint cloud

AB, minnesota; AM, chicago

what i like about GH is the irony

what i dislike about GH is the OT board, not being able to embed anymore and there needs to be more photoshop and less people who get offended at the drop of the hat.

improvements: split the OT board into politics and everything else

#of years as a Gopher fan: 13.
Minnesota Native: No.
Hometown: Dublin CA.
Current Address: East Bethel, MN.
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): B.A. California State University, Chico 1986.
Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: Yes Football.
Season ticket holder for football and/or basketball: Yes, football, 6 tickets, 4 in 239, 2 in 243.

What do you like about GopherHole?: How much people can simultaneously make me laugh and make me with cringe at the ludicrous nature of some comments. I always end up seeing a different perspective than what I could come up with on my own, which makes it interesting. And I love Gopher football, so I love sharing that with other equally insane fans.

What do you dislike about GopherHole?: The nasty turn some threads take, with name calling and the like, getting off point.

What improvements or features would you like to see enacted?: More x’s and o’s kinds of discussions—like I said, I like to learn from people on this site.

What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?: GopherIllustrated, Scout, Star-Tribune and Pioneer Press, random links people find and post.

What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: Wasn’t really a lurker, once I learned about the site, I signed up pretty quickly. I like to try to add something to the conversation when I can.

How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole (Web search, friend, etc.)?: I think from some of our tailgating buddies.

III. Fun Questions.

What do you do before/after you attend a Gopher sporting event (tailgated at campus locale, walk through Gold Country/university bookstore, visit Dinkytown venues, etc.)?: Tailgate—drink, eat, go to the Victory Walk and cheer the boys on, laugh, wax philosophical about Gopher football, drink some more. Stormed the field after the Iowa game—would LOVE to make that a regular habit. 

Who is the most athletic athlete that you witnessed wearing the maroon and gold uniform(s)?: I can only speak for football cuz that’s what I’ve always paid the most attention to—I’m gonna go with Eric Decker. The guy could catch anything, take a shot to the face/chin, and get back up and go at it again.

Who is the most dominant player (game changer) that you witnessed in football and/or basketball?: My history doesn’t go back so far (not a MN native!), so I’m gonna say Laurence Maroney—loved watching him break through a hole and leave guys in his dust. I’ll always remember one of my California homeys say to me, “That guy’s the real deal”.

Do you stand, sit, mixed during third down defensive stands? Stand and yell most of the time (but will admit to staying on my behind sometimes too).

Best/most fun Gopher football and/or basketball game that you attended?: Football at home against Purdue in 2005. Screamed like my hair was on fire when we won in the second overtime. And then there was the Iowa game this past season (2010). Never thought a football game would make me cry, but that one did—what can I say, I’m a girl. Everyone deserved that win!

I LOVE GOPHER FOOTBALL!!!!!!

Demographics

#of years as a Gopher fan: all of them.
Hometown: Forest Lake.
Current Address: Brooklyn Park
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): B.A. St. Cloud State, J.D. Hamline
Season ticket holder for football and/or basketball: Yes. 231 row 10.

What do you like about GopherHole?: The recruiting info. Interesting nuggets from the well informed.

What do you dislike about GopherHole?: Hijacking of threads, personal battles and grammar police (although I do appreciate punctuation and capitalization).

What improvements or features would you like to see enacted? More interviews with former players and recruits
What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?: FBT, Twitter, Strib and PiPress.

What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: Probably something Ralph Spry did/didn’t do.

How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole (Web search, friend, etc.)?: I heard about it on the KFAN college football board. The hogeye and skunk fans kept saying to check out GopherHole if I wanted Gopher-slanted opinions and stories.

III. Fun Questions.

What do you do before/after you attend a Gopher sporting event (tailgated at campus locale, walk through Gold Country/university bookstore, visit Dinkytown venues, etc.)?: Park by Augsburg and hoof it to the stadium with my wife. I’d like to spend more time on campus for the games but a certain significant other takes her parenting role very serious.

Who is the most athletic athlete that you witnessed wearing the maroon and gold uniform(s)?: Decker

Who is the most dominant player (game changer) that you witnessed in football and/or basketball?: Maroney for football. Vanek was the most dominant of any sport.

Best/most fun Gopher football and/or basketball game that you attended?: The 2010 season finale. It was great to beat a good iowa team and see the Gophers, especially seniors, end on a high note.

. Demographics
#of years as a Gopher fan: 25
Hometown: Bertha, MN
Current Address: Charlottesville, VA
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): B.S Northern State University
Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: Generally

What do you like about GopherHole?:

Information not found elsewhere, such as SS's columns. Generally knowledable posters.

What do you dislike about GopherHole?: Trolls as usual. The epic meltdowns after each loss.

What improvements or features would you like to see enacted? More mobile friendly. Less tolerance for the obvious trolls.

What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?: Star Tribune, PP.

What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: The 2007 coaching searches.

What other teams do you have season tickets to (Gopher and/or non-Gopher?): No season tickets. UVa games frequently.

How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole (Web search, friend, etc.)?: Cannot recall.

. Demographics
#of years as a Gopher fan: 10
Hometown: Morris, MN
Current Address: Morris, MN
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): still in HS
Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year:yes
Season ticket holder for football and/or basketball: Football

What do you like about GopherHole?:
Reading gopher related news, and passing time in school reading it.

What do you dislike about GopherHole?: How people flip out after aloss.

What improvements or features would you like to see enacted? More mobile friendly. Less tolerance for the obvious trolls.

What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?: espn/fsn?

What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: Dad (icepirate13) said I should create an account

What other Gopher sports have you attended this past year?: just Football

How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole (Web search, friend, etc.)?: My dad.

Demographics
#of years as a Gopher fan: 35
Hometown: St. Paul, Mn
Current Address: Eden Prairie, Mn
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): MBA St. Thomas
Season ticket holder for football and/or basketball: Yes

What do you like about GopherHole?: Most up to date news and views.

What do you dislike about GopherHole?: Negativity.

What improvements or features would you like to see enacted? Real dirt from the coaches and insiders.

What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?: Star Tribune, gopher illustrated.

What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: The 2010 Hype at the beginning of the season.

What other Gopher sports have you attended this past year?: Wrestling, baseball.

What other teams do you have season tickets to (Gopher and/or non-Gopher?): No season tickets.

How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole (Web search, friend, etc.)?: friend

Demographics
#of years as a Gopher fan: 35
Hometown: Brooklyn Park
Current Address: Louisville
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): BA Econ, Tulane. MBA/MHA U of MN.
Season ticket holder for football and/or basketball: Yes

What do you like about GopherHole?: Recruiting info.

What do you dislike about GopherHole?: Pissing contests

What improvements or features would you like to see enacted? From the guy above: Real dirt from the coaches and insiders.

What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?: Star Tribune

What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: Posted since I found it back in '99.

What other Gopher sports have you attended this past year?: none

How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole (Web search, friend, etc.)?: Netscape (way back in the day)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom