It's Time: 6th Annual GopherHole Survey

Status
Not open for further replies.
I. Demographics
#of years as a Gopher fan: 55 years.
Minnesota Native: Yes.
Hometown: rural Jackson County, high school Okabena, MN.
Current Address: Mankato, MN.
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): B.S. Mankato State College 1966 (now Minnesota State)
Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: Yes Football and Basketball
Season ticket holder for football and/or basketball: Yes, Football, 2 seats Section 114.

II. GopherHole-related questions
What do you like about GopherHole?: Information on recruiting and team progress. Excellent articles by staff writers on prospects, recruits, commitments, team members and coaching staff. Information and opinions posted on message boards.
What do you dislike about GopherHole?: Posters who do not respect the opinions of others and posters who think that they can act the same on this message board as facebook, etc.
What improvements or features would you like to see enacted?: To old to like change.
What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?: Star-Tribune, Pioneer Press, Kare 11, WCCO radio. Limited going to Goldensports.net and Gopherillustrated.
What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: Still more a lurker than a poster.
What other Gopher sports have you attended this past year?: Baseball, Basketball, Volleyball
What other teams do you have season tickets to (Gopher and/or non-Gopher?: None.
How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole (Web search, friend, etc.)?: Web Search.

III. Fun Questions.
What do you do before/after you attend a Gopher sporting event?: Walk around prior to game, go to Alumni Center. Go to Stadium area restaurant with season ticket holder friends.
Who is the most athletic athlete that you witnessed wearing the maroon and gold uniform(s)?: Football - Bobby Bell, Sandy Stephens, Tony Dunge, Ricky Foggie. Basketball - Lou Hudson.
Who is the most dominant player (game changer) that you witnessed in football and/or basketball?: Football - Rick Upchurch, Sandy Stephens, Kent Kitzmann, Tyrone Carter. Basketball - Randy Breuer, Kevin McHale.
Do you stand, sit, mixed during third down defensive stands? Stand when it is appropriate.
Best/most fun Gopher football and/or basketball game that you attended?: USC game with OJ in 1967(?). Never a good game in the dome. Air Force game in 2009 opening TCF Bank. Michigan State game in 2009. Iowa game this year but had to leave at half time.

I. Demographics

Age: 21. Gender: Male. #of years as a Gopher fan: 21. Minnesota Native: No.
Hometown: New Richmond, WI. Current Address: Minneapolis, MN.
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): B.S.B. U of M May 2011.
Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: Yes Season tickets to both.
Season ticket holder for football and/or basketball: Yes, student section for football, bball, hockey. (If yes, what sports, how many tickets, and what section(s) are your seats?)

What do you like about GopherHole?: I like the information available here. I like that the community as a whole is really knowledgeable and passionate about Gopher sports.

What do you dislike about GopherHole?: Trolls, although I think that it is getting better. Badger fans (the ones who are trolls and feel the need to write incendiary posts).

What improvements or features would you like to see enacted?: I think the more contributors the better (I am just starting to post more regularly). The value of a message board is getting different insights and points of view.

What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?: Twitter, FBT, Strib and PP, BIG network, Gophersports.com

What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: I joined to keep track of which threads I had/had not read yet....then I just sort of started posting on and off.

What other Gopher sports have you attended this past year?: Volleyball, men's tennis, baseball

What other teams do you have season tickets to (Gopher and/or non-Gopher?: Twins (family).

How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole (Web search, friend, etc.)?: A friend told me a little over a year ago that this site was breaking some recruiting news shortly before football signing day; I came on here and have been hooked since

III. Fun Questions.

What do you do before/after you attend a Gopher sporting event (tailgated at campus locale, walk through Gold Country/university bookstore, visit Dinkytown venues, etc.)?: It depends on the event but I usually pregame at a house party, grab food at Big Ten/Sally's/B Loco, or read Gopherhole haha

Who is the most athletic athlete that you witnessed wearing the maroon and gold uniform(s)?: Out of those I have personally witnessed, Bobby Jackson and Tyrone Carter were two that stick out.

Who is the most dominant player (game changer) that you witnessed in football and/or basketball?: Bobby again.

Do you stand, sit, mixed during third down defensive stands? Stand. Always stand.

Best/most fun Gopher football and/or basketball game that you attended?: Beating Wisconsin in football in 03 when Rhys Lloyd ran and grabbed the axe.

#of years as a Gopher fan: 30
Minnesota Native: No
Hometown: Small town in Wisconsin
Current Address: Apple Valley, MN
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): B.A. University of Minnesota, Twin Cities, 1997
Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: Yes, Both
Season ticket holder for football and/or basketball: Yes. Football - 137 and 103

What do you like about GopherHole?: News, reactions, and interesting posters

What do you dislike about GopherHole?: Kool-Aid drinkers and hijackers

What improvements or features would you like to see enacted? More where are they now stories players, coaches, assistant coaches

What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?: Tribune, PPress, Scout, Rivals, FBT, TDG

What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: Nothing really to say that I deemed worthwhile

What other Gopher sports have you attended this past year?: Hockey

What other teams do you have season tickets to (Gopher and/or non-Gopher?): None

How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole (Web search, friend, etc.)?: Web Search

III. Fun Questions.

What do you do before/after you attend a Gopher sporting event (tailgated at campus locale, walk through Gold Country/university bookstore, visit Dinkytown venues, etc.)?: Sally's or Big Ten

Who is the most athletic athlete that you witnessed wearing the maroon and gold uniform(s)?: Rickey Foggie, Chris Darkins, Crawford Jordan

Who is the most dominant player (game changer) that you witnessed in football and/or basketball?: Tyrone Carter, Rickey Foggie, Chris Darkins when he was the hurt.

Do you stand, sit, mixed during third down defensive stands? Stand and clap.

Best/most fun Gopher football and/or basketball game that you attended?: '93 Wisconsin Football, '85 Oklahoma Football, '97 UCLA or Clemson Basketball, '89 Illinois Basketball

I Demographics
#of years as a Gopher fan: 62
Minnesota Native: Yes
Hometown: Minneapolis
Current Address: Minneapolis
Post Secondary Degrees and Schools: BA Dartmouth College, 1963, JD University of Michigan Law School, 1966
Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game: yes to both
Season ticket holder football yes Section 3, basketball, no.

II. GopherHole related questions
What do you like about GopherHole: Information about football, basketball, wrestling and other Gopher sports.

What do you dislike about GopherHole: bickering - smug negative posters.

What other sites do you go to for Gopher-related information. Gopher Illustrated and GopherSports.com.

What made you turn from a lurker to poster on GH: Used to post for a number of years. Stopped when Loon and a few others upset me. Just started again recently under new name.

What other Gopher sports have you attended this past year: Volleyball, Women's Basketball and Men's Track.

What other teams do you have season tickets to: Volleyball and Women's Basketball with wife.

How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole: A co-worker showed me the site back in 1998

III Fun Questions

What do you do before/after you attend a Gopher sporting event? Eat on campus before many Basketball or Volleyball games. Otherwise just come from and return to car. I never eat just before or during a Gopher football game.

Who is the most athletic athlete that you witnessed wearing the maroon and gold: Darrel Thompson.

Who is the most dominant player you witnesses in football (Paul Giel) and basketball (Bobby Jackson).

Do you stand, sit, mixed during third down defensive stands: mixed.

Best Gopher Football game you attended: 1986 upset against Michigan in Ann Arbor (was there).

I. Demographics

Age: 66. Gender: Male. #of years as a Gopher fan: 50+ . Minnesota Native: Yes.
Hometown: Harmony, MN Current Address: Moorhead
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): B.S Winona State, M.A. University of St. Thomas
Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: No
Season ticket holder for football and/or basketball: No.

What do you like about GopherHole?: A great site to share comments and get information that's related to Gopher football and basketball. The lively discussions, pi$$ing contests, and humor of the posting members. The in-depth reports and insights provided by GopherLady, Selection Sunday et al, recruiting interviews by Chris Monter and the links that BleedGopher and others provide. More humorous threads like the Rick Mons Special...Oops wrong Forum.

What do you dislike about GopherHole?: Personal attacks and insults. (I have been guilty also)

What improvements or features would you like to see enacted?: Some more Where are They Now features and pre-game analysis of upcoming football games. Would like more lurkers to join up and become contributing members.

What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?: ESPN. Star-Tribune and Pioneer Press and BleedGopher's many links.

What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: N/A, a longtime member and was never a lurker.

What other Gopher sports have you attended this past year?: None.

What other teams do you have season tickets to (Gopher and/or non-Gopher?: None.

How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole (Web search, friend, etc.)?: Link from the StarTribune about 5 years ago. Since that time I've told my kid about GopherHole.

III. Fun Questions.

Who is the most athletic athlete that you witnessed wearing the maroon and gold uniform(s)?: Sandy Stephens in the early 60's.

Who is the most dominant player (game changer) that you witnessed in football and/or basketball?: Bobby Bell, football. Jim Brewer, basketball.

Do you stand, sit, mixed during third down defensive stands? Drink a beer from any of the three.

Best/most fun Gopher football and/or basketball game that you attended? I believe it was in 1982 (?) when we beat Ohio State at the Barn to win the Big Ten Title.

I. Demographics

Age: 25. Gender: Male. #of years as a Gopher fan: 25. Minnesota Native: Yes.
Hometown: Minneapolis, MN. Current Address: Minneapolis, MN.
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): B.S. University of Minnesota 2009.
Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: Yes to both.
Season ticket holder for football and/or basketball: Yes, football.

What do you like about GopherHole?: Informative; provides a fantastic distraction from work.

What do you dislike about GopherHole?: The median age around here seems too high. (No offense.)

What improvements or features would you like to see enacted?: More interviews, I suppose.

What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?: FBT, GI, Star Tribune.

What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: Probably some preposterous statement that I could not allow to pass unchecked.

What other teams do you have season tickets to (Gopher and/or non-Gopher?): None.

How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole (Web search, friend, etc.)?: Web search, I'm guessing.

III. Fun Questions.

What do you do before/after you attend a Gopher sporting event (tailgated at campus locale, walk through Gold Country/university bookstore, visit Dinkytown venues, etc.)?: Breakfast at Uptown Diner with gophergrad; pre-game/tailgate (heavily); post-game bar hop (heavier).

Who is the most athletic athlete that you witnessed wearing the maroon and gold uniform(s)?: Eric Decker.

Who is the most dominant player (game changer) that you witnessed in football and/or basketball?: Eric Decker.

Do you stand, sit, mixed during third down defensive stands? Stand. Always.

Best/most fun Gopher football and/or basketball game that you attended?: 2010 Iowa. Not. Even. Close.

Age: 50. Gender: Male. #of years as a Gopher fan: 40. Minnesota Native: Yes.
Hometown: Wells. Current Address: Byron, MN
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): B.S. Mankato State University 1982.
Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: Yes, both.
Season ticket holder for football and/or basketball: Yes. (If yes, what sports, how many tickets, and what section(s) are your seats?) Football, two, 208

What do you like about GopherHole?: Twins discussion.

What do you dislike about GopherHole?: I miss Bronko.

What improvements or features would you like to see enacted?: None.

What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?: FBT, Gopher Illustrated, Star-Tribune and Goallineclub.

What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: Was never a lurker.

How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole (Web search, friend, etc.)?: Mentioned on Strib 8 or 9 years ago.

III. Fun Questions.

What do you do before/after you attend a Gopher sporting event (tailgated at campus locale, walk through Gold Country/university bookstore, visit Dinkytown venues, etc.)?: Tailgate in St. Paul.

Who is the most athletic athlete that you witnessed wearing the maroon and gold uniform(s)?: Eric Decker.

Who is the most dominant player (game changer) that you witnessed in football and/or basketball?: Bobby Jackson.

Do you stand, sit, mixed during third down defensive stands? Sit, as ordered.

Best/most fun Gopher football and/or basketball game that you attended?: Air Force '09 and Wisky '03.

I. Demographics

Age: 31. Gender: Male. #of years as a Gopher fan: 26. Minnesota Native: Yes.
Hometown: Stewartville. Current Address: Stewartville
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): B.S. Management – Minnesota State, Mankato 02’ and MBA-Finance – Univ of Wisconsin Whitewater, 08’
Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: Yes Basketball
Season ticket holder for football and/or basketball: Yes, basketball. 2 seats in section 201. This is my 4th year. Doesn’t include the 4 years I had a friend purchase me student tickets.

What do you like about GopherHole?: “Insider” information from GopherLady, Bleed. Love the recruiting updates provided by JohnnyGopher, Chris Monter, etc.
What do you dislike about GopherHole?: When some posters feel the need to ruin a thread by arguing back and forth about something unrelated.
What improvements or features would you like to see enacted? More and more basketball recruiting insight.

What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?: Twitter, Star Tribune, Pioneer Press

What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: I am a long time member who used to post a lot more than I do now. See too many posts get bashed for no reason. If you dont' have anything good to say, no reason to bash people for posting their thoughts, etc. Turned me to more of a lurker

How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole (Web search, friend, etc.)?: I have been visiting GopherHole so long that I can’t even remember how I ran across it.

III. Fun Questions.

What do you do before/after you attend a Gopher sporting event (tailgated at campus locale, walk through Gold Country/university bookstore, visit Dinkytown venues, etc.)?: Before basketball games, I can typically be found in a bar in or near Dinkytown for a bite to eat and drinks before each game…The Library, Blarney, DownTime, etc.

Who is the most athletic athlete that you witnessed wearing the maroon and gold uniform(s)?: I have to say Rodney Williams. Hopefully he can still develop into a basketball player.

Who is the most dominant player (game changer) that you witnessed in football and/or basketball?: Laurence Maroney, football. Willie Burton, basketball.

Do you stand, sit, mixed during third down defensive stands? N/A

Best/most fun Gopher football and/or basketball game that you attended?: Basketball – probably Indiana game in 2002 with our large comeback and dominance in 2nd half

I. Demographics

Age: 28 Gender: Male #of years as a Gopher fan: 14 Minnesota Native: Yes
Hometown: Detroit Lakes Current Address: Madison, WI
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): B.A. Psychology, Lawrence University
Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: Yes; Football
Season ticket holder for football and/or basketball: Yes; Football; 4 tickets (split 2/2 with gopherguy05); Section 246

What do you like about GopherHole?: Great place to get Gopher information. Know more about the teams and players because of it. Also depend on links from Bleed and other posters since I don’t live in the Twin Cities which makes it tougher to easily locate some of the info linked to. Also appreciate the sense of community here. Appreciate the insight that can be gained from those with more access to the program as well as from those who simply know a lot about football or the Gophers.

What do you dislike about GopherHole?: Same as everyone else. Thread hijacking and when disputes spill into unrelated threads.

What improvements or features would you like to see enacted?: Would also appreciate more “Where Are They Now” features. An easy way to embed YouTube videos would be nice.

What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?: The Daily Gopher, FBT, Down With Goldy, Star-Tribune, Pioneer Press, Bleed’s links, and Rittenburg’s B1G Blog/Off Tackle Empire (for Gopher news in the context of the wider conference).

What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: Joined up so I could post photos/information from the tour I took of TCF during construction in October of 2008.

What other teams do you have season tickets to (Gopher and/or non-Gopher)?: None.

How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole (Web search, friend, etc.)?: Knew about it from friends who posted. Didn’t really become a lurker until around the time Mason was fired. Logged on to see if what new information was available and got hooked.

III. Fun Questions.

What do you do before/after you attend a Gopher sporting event (tailgated at campus locale, walk through Gold Country/university bookstore, visit Dinkytown venues, etc.)?: Pregame: Tailgate on the WB in C89. Walk over the bridge and through campus to the stadium if the weather is nice. Postgame: Take a peek into Goldy’s Locker Room. Used to go to the McNamara postgame tailgate until they canceled it (I wish they’d bring it back!). Now I typically head over to Sally’s or back to my car depending on if I’m staying the night or heading back to Madison.

Who is the most athletic athlete that you witnessed wearing the maroon and gold uniform(s)?: Tough. If I define athleticism as making ridiculous plays I’d have to say Decker, Vincent Greer and Rodney Williams.

Who is the most dominant player (game changer) that you witnessed in football and/or basketball?: Football: Maroney/Barber III Basketball: Bobby Jackson

Do you stand, sit, mixed during third down defensive stands?: Stand and yell.

Best/most fun Gopher football and/or basketball game that you attended?: Football: 2003 vs. Wisky (the Rhys Lloyd Axe game); 2005 vs. Purdue (the Cupito option/2OT thriller game); 2009 vs. Air Force Basketball: 2003 vs. Georgia (the Michael Bauer crazy 3 to win game); 2005 vs. Wisky (the Vincent Grier went off game)

I. Demographics

Age: 49. Gender: Male. #of years as a Gopher fan: 40. Minnesota Native: Yes.
Hometown: Detroit Lakes. Current Address: Eden Prairie, MN.
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): B.S. Electrical Engineering, UofM, 1983.
Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: Yes Football.
Season ticket holder for football and/or basketball: Yes, 4 tickets, 211.

What do you like about GopherHole?: The tidbits of information. 'Hanging' with folks that share a common taste for Minnesota football.

What do you dislike about GopherHole?: Nothing.

What improvements or features would you like to see enacted?:

What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?: FBT, the Daily Gopher, Shama's Sports Headliners, Gopher Illustrated, Goal Line Club website, Star-Tribune and Pioneer Press.

What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: Someone probably got me really riled up once.

How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole (Web search, friend, etc.)?: Web search.

III. Fun Questions.

What do you do before/after you attend a Gopher sporting event? tailgate in Ski-U-Mah lot

Who is the most athletic athlete that you witnessed wearing the maroon and gold uniform(s)?: Rick Upchurch.

Who is the most dominant player (game changer) that you witnessed in football and/or basketball?: Mychal Thompson.

Do you stand, sit, mixed during third down defensive stands? Mixed.

Best/most fun Gopher football and/or basketball game that you attended?: For me, the most fun times I have are really related to the whole experience of the pre and post game partying, along with the game. One game that stands out is the Ohio State game in around '82 that the Gophers won behind Mike Hohensee.

I. Demographics

Age: 49. Gender: Male. #of years as a Gopher fan: 42. Minnesota Native: Yes.
Hometown: St. Paul. Current Address: Eagan
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): A.A. St. Paul College 1993.
Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: Yes Football, Basketball.
Season ticket holder for football and/or basketball: No. (If yes, what sports, how many tickets, and what section(s) are your seats?)

What do you like about GopherHole?: A great blend of news you can use, and some characters.

What do you dislike about GopherHole?: Hijacking of threads.

What improvements or features would you like to see enacted?: More fun stuff. Maybe a post of the day (which would be stickied for an extra day). BTW, while you work on MNFootballfan's iPhone & iPad app, can you do Android:)

What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?: FBT, The Daily Gopher, Star-Tribune and Pioneer Press, Gophersports (nothing like the horse's mouth) and BleedGopher's many links.

What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: Me, a lurker? Perish the thought.

What other Gopher sports have you attended this past year?: Hockey.

What other teams do you have season tickets to (Gopher and/or non-Gopher?: None. But I try to make it to 5 or 6 Twins games.

How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole (Web search, friend, etc.)?: A web search in 1999, during the Clem aftermath.

III. Fun Questions.

What do you do before/after you attend a Gopher sporting event (tailgated at campus locale, walk through Gold Country/university bookstore, visit Dinkytown venues, etc.)?: Football - GLC tailgate, BB - Usually Stub & Herbs

Who is the most athletic athlete that you witnessed wearing the maroon and gold uniform(s)?: MarQueis Gray

Who is the most dominant player (game changer) that you witnessed in football and/or basketball?: Tyrone Carter/Bobby Jackson

Do you stand, sit, mixed during third down defensive stands? Stand and yell.

Best/most fun Gopher football and/or basketball game that you attended?: Iowa - November 27, 2010 - on the field after the game. / Pryz' last game vs IU.

I. Demographics

Age: 64. Gender: Male. #of years as a Gopher fan: 50. Minnesota Native: Yes.
Hometown: Cloquet, MN. Current Address: Grand Rapids, MN.
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): B.S. U of Minnesota 1968
Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: Yes, Football.
Season ticket holder for football and/or basketball: Yes, Football, 2 seats in Section 135

What do you like about GopherHole?: Great source of the latest news about what's happening with the team. BleedGopher's links! Dpoli68's sarcasm/fact checking. Posters who have a realistic but hopeful attitudes.
What do you dislike about GopherHole?: Bickering over nothing. People often really come down pretty hard on new posters, harder than is really warranted.

What improvements or features would you like to see enacted?: Be nice to have a weekly interview with Coach Kill or one of the assistants.

What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?: Rittenburg's ESPN Big 10 Blog, Shama's site, FBT, Gopher Illustrated, Scout, Star-Tribune and Pioneer Press and College Football News
What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: Longtime lurker. Turned to a poster after I had read too many unrealistic threads during the coaching search....just had to say something!

How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole (Web search, friend, etc.)?: Probably a link on one of the old gopher sites (JimShikenjanski site?). A long time ago!
III. Fun Questions.

What do you do before/after you attend a Gopher sporting event (tailgated at campus locale, walk through Gold Country/university bookstore, visit Dinkytown venues, etc.)?: We drive down to vist my son and the grandkids the night b4 and then we try to get to the Victory Walk to hear the band!

Who is the most athletic athlete that you witnessed wearing the maroon and gold uniform(s)?: Not sure, probably one of the guards on Clem's teams or Rodney Williams dunking!
Who is the most dominant player (game changer) that you witnessed in football and/or basketball?: Too many dead braincells from the old days...but I remember seeing Carl Eller in the dorm and saying...OMG he's huge!

Do you stand, sit, mixed during third down defensive stands? I stood and yelled as loud as I could for most of 2 years and then realized it did no good....then I sat and they started making some stops

Best/most fun Gopher football and/or basketball game that you attended?: Can't remember much from college days other than it was an awesome experience. Since then, one of Joe Tiller's memorable shootouts with us at the Dome.

I. Demographics

Age: 25. Gender: Male. #of years as a Gopher fan: 9. Minnesota Native: No.
Hometown: Eau Claire, WI. Current Address: St. Louis Park, MN.
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): BSME University of Minnesota 2008.
Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: Yes Football.
Season ticket holder for football and/or basketball: Yes. Football, 4 tickets.

What do you like about GopherHole?: All the Gopher football information.

What do you dislike about GopherHole?:Bickering and Mason vs Brewster talk

What improvements or features would you like to see enacted?: More "where are they now" articles.

What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?: gophersports.com, Star Tribune, Pioneer Press, uscho.com, gopherpucklive.com, fringebowlteamblog.com.

What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: Zales04 and Gopher07.

What other Gopher sports have you attended this past year?: Men's Hockey.

What other teams do you have season tickets to (Gopher and/or non-Gopher?): None.

How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole (Web search, friend, etc.)?: Zales04.

III. Fun Questions.

What do you do before/after you attend a Gopher sporting event (tailgated at campus locale, walk through Gold Country/university bookstore, visit Dinkytown venues, etc.)?:Before: Tailgate on River Flats behind Coffman or go to Sturbs or Big Ten. After: Tailgate, go for a beer at Alumni Center, or go to Sturbs.

Who is the most athletic athlete that you witnessed wearing the maroon and gold uniform(s)?: Laurence Maroney (football). Keith Ballard (hockey).

Who is the most dominant player (game changer) that you witnessed in football and/or basketball?: Football: Laurence Maroney.

Do you stand, sit, mixed during third down defensive stands? Yell for sure. Usually stand unless game is out of hand.

Best/most fun Gopher football and/or basketball game that you attended?: Football: Air Force 2009 (capitalizing on what seemed like the one AF mistake all game), @Illinois 2008 (winning conf game on road), Purdue 2005( upsetting #11 in double OT).

I. Demographics

#of years as a Gopher fan: 40
Minnesota Native: Yes.
Hometown: Apple Valley, MN
Current Address: Eagan, MN
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): BS Marketing and Management Mankato St.
Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: yes
Season ticket holder for football and/or basketball: Football, sec 237

What do you like about GopherHole?: the interviews from Chris Monter, knowledglable posts by people in the know.

What do you dislike about GopherHole?: Negitivity

What improvements or features would you like to see enacted?: Stories with former players.

What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?: FBT, Daily Gopher, Gopher Puck Live.

What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: was never much of a lurker, when Brew got axe, I was interested as to what everyone had to say.

What other teams do you have season tickets to (Gopher and/or non-Gopher?: Hockey.

How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole (Web search, friend, etc.)?:My brother is on GH and GI, so he pointed me here.

III. Fun Questions.

What do you do before/after you attend a Gopher sporting event (tailgated at campus locale, walk through Gold Country/university bookstore, visit Dinkytown venues, etc.)?: usually gold country b4 hockey, victory walk for fb, usually eat in St Paul after fb game.

Who is the most athletic athlete that you witnessed wearing the maroon and gold uniform(s)?: Ricky Foggie and Ray Williams.

Who is the most dominant player (game changer) that you witnessed in football and/or basketball?: Mychal Thompson.

Do you stand, sit, mixed during third down defensive stands? Stand just about the entire game.

Best/most fun Gopher football and/or basketball game that you attended?: 1977 Michigan game, my dad had to beg me to go, scalped some tix, sat on about the 10 at the end Barber scored. was so exciting to see the Gophers come after the jug. My favorite fb moment. everytime I smell cigar smoke outside, still reminds me of Memorial Stadium. bball moment, my first game, Jan 1976, lost to Purdue in double OT 111-110.

I. Demographics

#of years as a Gopher fan: 3.
Hometown: Nashville, TN.
Current Address: Minneapolis, MN.
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): B.S. Biology, U of M - Twin Cities 2012 (Expected)
Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: Yes both.
Season ticket holder for football and/or basketball: Yes, one student ticket, football

What do you like about GopherHole?: Great site that gives all the info and many point of views, with news arriving here first!

What do you dislike about GopherHole?: Pissing contests and LIG's incessant thread startings...

What improvements or features would you like to see enacted?: MOBILE SITE!!! I'm always on my phone

What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?: FBT, Gopher Illustrated, Rivals (non-premium member), Gopher Puck Live, and BleedGopher's many links.

What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: Not really sure, just decided to finally join one day. Actually, I think it was so I could see an attachment lol

What other Gopher sports have you attended this past year?: Hockey, Wrestling, hopefully baseball later this year.

What other teams do you have season tickets to (Gopher and/or non-Gopher?: Hockey, 2 seats.

How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole (Web search, friend, etc.)?: Web search and chance

III. Fun Questions.

What do you do before/after you attend a Gopher sporting event (tailgated at campus locale, walk through Gold Country/university bookstore, visit Dinkytown venues, etc.)?: Go to tailgaiting parties at apts/houses around campus if not an early game, otherwise I'm sleeping! Bars afterwards are musts

Who is the most athletic athlete that you witnessed wearing the maroon and gold uniform(s)?: Seeing as I was late to the party w/ a lot of these guys, I'd have to say Decker. Hopefully soon to be 'Queis

Who is the most dominant player (game changer) that you witnessed in football and/or basketball?: MBAKWE!!! Otherwise Decker

Do you stand, sit, mixed during third down defensive stands? Sit in my wheelchair and make up for it by losing my voice most of the time. GO GOPHERS!!!

Best/most fun Gopher football and/or basketball game that you attended?: Air Force game and TCF home opener. Magical

I. Demographics

Age: 26. Gender: Male. #of years as a Gopher fan: 26. Minnesota Native: Yes.
Hometown: Champlin. Current Address:Champlin.
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): B.S. U of M, 2006.
Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: Yes Football, mens hoops, mens hockey.
Season ticket holder for football and/or basketball: Yes, football. 4 seats, section 148.

What do you like about GopherHole?: Banter and information about my favorite team.

What do you dislike about GopherHole?: The Mason-Brewster arguments. Hopefully that will go away over time.

What improvements or features would you like to see enacted?: Continued work to social media/smartphone optimization.

What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?: FBT, Star Tribune, The Daily Gopher.

What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: Don't remember, it's been a while.

What other Gopher sports have you attended this past year?: Football, mens hoops, mens hockey.

What other teams do you have season tickets to (Gopher and/or non-Gopher?: None, just football.

How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole (Web search, friend, etc.)?: Originally found it before the rivals split. Signed on after that on this site.

III. Fun Questions.

What do you do before/after you attend a Gopher sporting event (tailgated at campus locale, walk through Gold Country/university bookstore, visit Dinkytown venues, etc.)?: Before--either Sally's or Stubs. After, depends.

Who is the most dominant player (game changer) that you witnessed in football and/or basketball?: Bobby Jackson, basketball.

Do you stand, sit, mixed during third down defensive stands? Mixed, mostly standing.

Best/most fun Gopher football and/or basketball game that you attended?: Football, 2010 Iowa game. Basketball, 2009 Wisconsin game for the sweep.

I. Demographics

Age: 42. Gender: Male. #of years as a Gopher fan: 42. Minnesota Native: Yes.
Hometown: Roseville, MN. Current Address: Rosemount. MN
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): B.A. U of M
Season ticket holder for football and/or basketball: Yes--football 5 seats sec 237, row27

What do you like about GopherHole?: I like all of the inside gopher information from others. Articles by Monter and GopherLady are great. All the talk before and after games.

What do you dislike about GopherHole?: Nothing-- free country people can write what they want and i choose what threads to read

What improvements or features would you like to see enacted?: Overall site is good. Be nice to have an organized gopherhole gathering or road trip

What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?: Gopherhole, Rivals, Startrib, gophersports.com

What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: Never lurked but really got involved with what other gopher fans were into during the Bring the Gophers back on campus years

How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole (Web search, friend, etc.)?: Web search

III. Fun Questions.

What do you do before/after you attend a Gopher sporting event (tailgated at campus locale, walk through Gold Country/university bookstore, visit Dinkytown venues, etc.)?: Visit Gold Country, bite to eat maybe and spend a few minutes trying to figure how to sneak my kids snacks in without being hassled by the security guards

Who is the most athletic athlete that you witnessed wearing the maroon and gold uniform(s)?: Darrell Thompson

Who is the most dominant player (game changer) that you witnessed in football and/or basketball?: Bobby Jackson

Best/most fun Gopher football and/or basketball game that you attended?: 2010 Iowa football game-- upset of top ranked Illinois in the Willie Burton era

I. Demographics

Age: 19. Gender: Male. #of years as a Gopher fan: Life. Minnesota Native: Yes.
Hometown: Waconia, MN. Current Address: Minneapolis, MN
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): Current Freshman at the U
Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: Both.
Season ticket holder for football and/or basketball: Student tickets.

What do you like about GopherHole?: Getting all of the insider information from some great sources, finding specific news that national sites simply can't address, seeing others' contrasting opinons, and most importantly realizing that I am not alone in my passion for U of M athletics!

What do you dislike about GopherHole?: Posters with nothing positive to say or simply don't know what they're talking about.

What improvements or features would you like to see enacted?: Just joined this fall, so probably haven't been around enough to notice anything too major.

What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?: ESPN, CBS Sports, RushTheCourt (NCAA bball blog), Rivals, Star Tribune, Minnesota Daily

What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: Didn't feel I was worthy enough until I actually stepped foot on campus and became an official member of the U.

What other teams do you have season tickets to (Gopher and/or non-Gopher?: Twins (family tickets)

How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole (Web search, friend, etc.)?: Friends

III. Fun Questions.

What do you do before/after you attend a Gopher sporting event (tailgated at campus locale, walk through Gold Country/university bookstore, visit Dinkytown venues, etc.)?: Generally trying to get there as early as possible to get the best available seat (i.e. 10 a.m. for the Ohio State game) Other than that, maybe get something to eat near the dorms.

Who is the most athletic athlete that you witnessed wearing the maroon and gold uniform(s)?: Rodney Williams (I'm way too young for this haha)

Who is the most dominant player (game changer) that you witnessed in football and/or basketball?
Vincent Grier, and Laurence Maroney/MB III (wish I could have been a little older for Bobby J)

Do you stand, sit, mixed during third down defensive stands? Stand (the entire game)

Best/most fun Gopher football and/or basketball game that you attended?: TCF Bank opener in 2009 vs Air Force, and Michigan State upset in 2006 (Grier, Puchtel, Stamper)

I. Demographics

Age: 31 Gender: Male. #of years as a Gopher fan: 24. Minnesota Native: Yes.
Hometown: Chisholm. Current Address: Albertville
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): BS. Geological Engineering, 2004 U of MN, BS. Geology, 2004, U of MN, BS Geophysics, 2004 U of MN
Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: Yes to both
Season ticket holder for football and/or basketball: Football (If yes, what sports, how many tickets, and what section(s) are your seats?) 2 tickets - Section 135 Row 6

What do you like about GopherHole?: Best Gopher related forum members on the internet. Fun and knowledgeable posters. Information is available here almost as soon as it comes out. Also, Hodger > Lunardi

What do you dislike about GopherHole?: Trolls, thinly veiled trolls, incessant complaining about Brewster v. Mason v. Kill. Bickering between the same posters who can't figure out how to use the ignore function.

What improvements or features would you like to see enacted?: Getting some in-depth articles on the football season like Hodger does for basketball would be nice.

What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?: FBT, From The Barn, Off Tackle Empire, BT Powerhouse, ESPN Big Ten Blog, StarTrib, PP, 1500ESPN.com

What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: After first coming across GopherHole sometime in 1998.

How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole (Web search, friend, etc.)?: I don't even remember, Alta Vista was probably the search engine of choice at the time. I probably saw it as a link somewhere else during the Clem Haskins fiasco.

III. Fun Questions.

What do you do before/after you attend a Gopher sporting event (tailgated at campus locale, walk through Gold Country/university bookstore, visit Dinkytown venues, etc.)?: Walk through campus from the West Bank tailgate lots, that's the only constant.

Who is the most athletic athlete that you witnessed wearing the maroon and gold uniform(s)?: Probably Laurence Maroney, Voshon Lenard wasn't too shabby either.

Who is the most dominant player (game changer) that you witnessed in football and/or basketball?: Marion Barber III in football, Bobby Jackson in basketball

Do you stand, sit, mixed during third down defensive stands? Stand

Best/most fun Gopher football and/or basketball game that you attended?: 2005 at the Big House taking back the Jug, that was an amazing game to be in attendance for - 2010 Iowa is a close second in terms of pure joy at a football game. The best basketball game would have been against either Georgia or Georgia Tech in 2002, winning those games by a really close margin.

#of years as a Gopher fan: 9
Hometown: Superior, WI
Current Address: Colorado Springs, CO
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): B.A. University of Minnesota 2007 (journalism)
Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: No
Season ticket holder for football and/or basketball: No

What do you like about GopherHole?: Passionate fans, interesting discussions, best source of Gopher-related news, free

What do you dislike about GopherHole?: Personal attacks, Same threads starting over and over. Whining whether Mason should still be at the U.

What improvements or features would you like to see enacted?: As mentioned before, smart phone friendly site. Quicker ban-hammer for personal attacks.

What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?: The Daily Gopher, Down with Goldy, FBT, Star Trib, Rivals (not a member).

What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: Can't remember, think I, like most people on the site, wanted to complain about something :)

What other Gopher sports have you attended this past year?: Gopher hockey when they visited Colorado College in the Springs

What other teams do you have season tickets to (Gopher and/or non-Gopher)?: None, am a sportswriter so actually working rather than watching

How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole (Web search, friend, etc.)?: Googling gopher site...think someone linked to it from rivals

III. Fun Questions.

What do you do before/after you attend a Gopher sporting event (tailgated at campus locale, walk through Gold Country/university bookstore, visit Dinkytown venues, etc.)?: Take a nap as I have to watch on TV.

Who is the most athletic athlete that you witnessed wearing the maroon and gold uniform(s)?: Thomas Vanek could light it up on the ice.

Who is the most dominant player (game changer) that you witnessed in football and/or basketball?: Lawrence Maroney/Marion Barber

Do you stand, sit, mixed during third down defensive stands? I lean forward on my couch

Best/most fun Gopher football and/or basketball game that you attended?: Last time Minny beat Wisconsin and won the axe.

I. Demographics

Age: 24 Gender: Male. #of years as a Gopher fan: 20. Minnesota Native: Yes.
Hometown: Inver Grove Heights. Current Address: Inver Grove Heights
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): current student at Metro State, majoring in Criminal Justice and Law Enforcment.
Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: Yes, football
Season ticket holder for football and/or basketball: Hoping to get four season tickets for football this year.

What do you like about GopherHole?: Great topics, great members, and a great way to spend my free time.

What do you dislike about GopherHole?: Trolls, and constant negativity from certain members.

What improvements or features would you like to see enacted?:
What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?: FBT, ESPN Big Ten Blog, StarTrib, PP,
What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: Was the easiest way to find information while deployed and while living in Virginia.

How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole (Web search, friend, etc.)?: Can't remember, but extremely happy I did!

III. Fun Questions.

What do you do before/after you attend a Gopher sporting event (tailgated at campus locale, walk through Gold Country/university bookstore, visit Dinkytown venues, etc.)?: Tailgate for football games, and hit Sally's or Stub and Herb's before hockey games

Who is the most athletic athlete that you witnessed wearing the maroon and gold uniform(s)?: Laurence Maroney
Who is the most dominant player (game changer) that you witnessed in football and/or basketball?: Marion Barber III in football, Thomas Vanek in hockey

Do you stand, sit, mixed during third down defensive stands? Stand and yell!

Best/most fun Gopher football and/or basketball game that you attended?: Easily 2010 Iowa game, after a night of partying downtown and crashing at friends house we decided in or hungover status to go to the stadium and by some tickets. The best decision of my life besides dumping my fiance lol!:D

. Demographics

Age: 49. Gender: Male. #of years as a Gopher fan: 43. Minnesota Native: Yes.
Hometown: Minneapolis.
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): J.D.
Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: Yes Football and Basketball.

What do you like about GopherHole?: A goodsite to exchange information and opinions on Gopher Sports and great articles to keep informed. CM is a wonderful writing addition to the other regulars

What do you dislike about GopherHole?: I would agree, the trolls have disappeared for the most part. Few negatives.

What improvements or features would you like to see enacted?: More recruiting information

What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?: ST

What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: Have been a member since the very first days

How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole (Web search, friend, etc.)?: Friend referral

III. Fun Questions.

What do you do before/after you attend a Gopher sporting event (tailgated at campus locale, walk through Gold Country/university bookstore, visit Dinkytown venues, etc.)?: Listen to the postgame radio show

Who is the most athletic athlete that you witnessed wearing the maroon and gold uniform(s)?: Quincy Lewis

Who is the most dominant player (game changer) that you witnessed in football and/or basketball?: Football: Marion Barber III/Laurence Maroney Basketball: Mychal Thompson

Do you stand, sit, mixed during third down defensive stands? all

Best/most fun Gopher football and/or basketball game that you attended?: 1982 championship

I. Demographics

Age: 20. Gender: Male. #of years as a Gopher fan:as far back as I can remember. Minnesota Native: Yes.
Hometown: Rochester. Current Address:Roch.
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): Working on Criminal Justice and Alcohol and drug counseling (started out as law enforcement) RCTC

What do you like about GopherHole?: Great place to come and discuss gopher sports and share in my passion/obsession with other like minded people.

What do you dislike about GopherHole?: chronic negativity, same BS, Trolls

What improvements or features would you like to see enacted?: none it's fine

What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?: FBT, Rivals, Scout, Star-Tribune and Pioneer Press, random links.

What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: saw a thread I just had to add my 10 cents to.

What other Gopher sports have you attended this past year?: Football, wrestling

How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole (Web search, friend, etc.)?: Web search

III. Fun Questions.

What do you do before/after you attend a Gopher sporting event (tailgated at campus locale, walk through Gold Country/university bookstore, visit Dinkytown venues, etc.)?: driving before eat after

Who is the most athletic athlete that you witnessed wearing the maroon and gold uniform(s)?: Rodney Williams, Laurence Maroney, Brock Lesnar, Tyrone Carter

Who is the most dominant player (game changer) that you witnessed in football and/or basketball?: Laurence Maroney

Do you stand, sit, mixed during third down defensive stands? mixed, most stand and yell though

Best/most fun Gopher football and/or basketball game that you attended?:Toss up between Wisconsin game 99 and MSU 09 game

I. Demographics

Age: 60. Gender: Male. #of years as a Gopher fan: 51. Minnesota Native: Yes.
Hometown: Faribault. Current Address: Stillwater.
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): U of M 1976, Bowling Green State, Ohio 1978
Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: Basketball + women's basketball and women's hockey
Season ticket holder for football and/or basketball: No. Had season tickets for men's basketball for about 25 years (early '70s-mid '90s) but was missing too many games due to business travel.

What do you like about GopherHole?: My favorite waste of time.

What do you dislike about GopherHole?: Nothing, it is what it is.

What improvements or features would you like to see enacted?: ?

What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?: Short Street, Gophersports.com

What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: It was just a matter of discovering it.

What other Gopher sports have you attended this past year?: Women's basketball, hockey, volleyball.

How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole (Web search, friend, etc.)?: It was mentioned over on Short Street, I think.

III. Fun Questions.

What do you do before/after you attend a Gopher sporting event (tailgated at campus locale, walk through Gold Country/university bookstore, visit Dinkytown venues, etc.)?: Go home.

Who is the most athletic athlete that you witnessed wearing the maroon and gold uniform(s)?: Can't decide, but nobody ever played harder than Richard Coffey.

Who is the most dominant player (game changer) that you witnessed in football and/or basketball?: Krissy Wendell and Natalie Darwitz. Oh, football and hoops. Lindsay Whalen. Lou Hudson.

Do you stand, sit, mixed during third down defensive stands?

Best/most fun Gopher football and/or basketball game that you attended?: Basketball wins over Illinois and Michigan in 1989.

I. Demographics

Age: 30. Gender: Male. #of years as a Gopher fan: 11. Minnesota Native: No
Hometown: Boston, MA. Current Address: Boston, MA.
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): B.A. Minnesota 2005.
Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: Unfortunately, No
Season ticket holder for football and/or basketball: No

What do you like about GopherHole?: Timely info & opinions. I also enjoy watching everyone lose their heads after a good or bad occurrence.

What do you dislike about GopherHole?: People who don't know anything about the techincal side of football complaining about a certain offensive or defensive scheme. Learn the game before you whine, people.

What improvements or features would you like to see enacted?: Seems good to me right now.

What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?: FBT, the papers

What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: N/A, a longtime member and was never a lurker.

How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole (Web search, friend, etc.)?: Friends

III. Fun Questions.

What do you do before/after you attend a Gopher sporting event (tailgated at campus locale, walk through Gold Country/university bookstore, visit Dinkytown venues, etc.)?: Tailgate (when I can get to games)

Who is the most athletic athlete that you witnessed wearing the maroon and gold uniform(s)?: Willie Middlebrooks

Who is the most dominant player (game changer) that you witnessed in football and/or basketball?: Ben Hamilton

Best/most fun Gopher football and/or basketball game that you attended?: Rhys Lloyd's FG against WI. Fantastic game. Unfortunately, I was also there for the collapse against Michigan, the homecoming hail mary loss against Northwestern, and the terrible clock operation for the FG loss against Purdue. Those were great games, but unfortunate endings.

I. Demographics

Age: 31. Gender: Male. #of years as a Gopher fan: 25. Minnesota Native: Yes
Hometown: Stillwater, MN . Current Address: St Paul, MN.
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): B.S. UW-LaCrosse - Management Info Systems
Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: Yes to both
Season ticket holder for football and/or basketball: Yes - Football

What do you like about GopherHole?: Free site to talk Gopher sports

What do you dislike about GopherHole?: The video ads on the main message board pages. Easily the most annoying thing around.

What improvements or features would you like to see enacted?: Replace video ads with traditional banner ads.

What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?: Pretty much everything listed so far by everyone else.

What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: Been a member since Gopherhole was affiliated with Rivals. Can't remember the exact reason why I first signed up.

What other Gopher sports have you attended this past year?: 2 Men's Hockey games this year.

How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole (Web search, friend, etc.)?: I think it was a friend. Can't remember exactly. Was a long time ago.
III. Fun Questions.

What do you do before/after you attend a Gopher sporting event (tailgated at campus locale, walk through Gold Country/university bookstore, visit Dinkytown venues, etc.)?: Tailgate for football. Stub & Herbs or Sally's for BB or Hockey.

Who is the most athletic athlete that you witnessed wearing the maroon and gold uniform(s)?:
Rodney Williams and there's not a close 2nd in terms of pure athleticism.

Who is the most dominant player (game changer) that you witnessed in football and/or basketball?: Coffey grabbing a rebound or Barber running thru a linebacker where the most dominate acts I've seen

Do you stand, sit, mixed during third down defensive stands? Stand.

Best/most fun Gopher football and/or basketball game that you attended?: Illinois in '97 for basketball. First 3 quarters of '03 Michigan game in football (the last quarter was worse than anything I've experienced, which includes 55-0, NW hail mary, NW pick 6, Kucek blocked punt, Gone in 30 seconds vs Purdue, South Dakota, NDSU, down 28-0 vs Wisconsin in first 10 minutes, etc)

I. Demographics

#of years as a Gopher fan: 20
Hometown: North Dakota
Current Address: Roseville, MN
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): PharmD University of Minnesota 2004
Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: Yes, both
Season ticket holder for football and/or basketball: Football, 2 seats. Section 209

What do you like about GopherHole?: Great intel, good discussion, different perspectives, shared passion for the Gophers, amusing humor. Overall, it provides increased knowledge which makes watching games a better experience.

What do you dislike about GopherHole?: Mean spiritedness towards others with differing opinions, personal attacks under the cover of anonimity against someone you don't know (endemic of the internet in general obviously!)

What improvements or features would you like to see enacted?: Where are they now stories.

What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?: Twitter, GopherPuckLive.

What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: This survey. Six or seven year lurker (recently actually got registered) despite being a fairly well informed and opinionated fan. Mostly due to non-welcoming of new posters...I've seen a lot of 'you can't have an opinion, this is only post number x' comments over the years.

What other Gopher sports have you attended this past year?: Baseball, Hockey, Track, Wrestling, Volleyball

What other teams do you have season tickets to (Gopher and/or non-Gopher?: Gopher hockey, section 5

How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole (Web search, friend, etc.)?: I can't even remember!

III. Fun Questions.

What do you do before/after you attend a Gopher sporting event (tailgated at campus locale, walk through Gold Country/university bookstore, visit Dinkytown venues, etc.)?: Sally's or Stubs

Who is the most athletic athlete that you witnessed wearing the maroon and gold uniform(s)?: Eric Decker

Who is the most dominant player (game changer) that you witnessed in football and/or basketball?: Maroney and Barber III made possible by Greg Eslinger.

Best/most fun Gopher football and/or basketball game that you attended?: Opening day at TCF Bank Stadium without a doubt.

I. Demographics

Age: 26 Gender: Male. #of years as a Gopher fan: 26. Minnesota Native: Yes.
Hometown: Albertville. Current Address: Albertville
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): B.C.E., U of MN, 2007
Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: Yes, both
Season ticket holder for football and/or basketball: Football (If yes, what sports, how many tickets, and what section(s) are your seats?) 2 tickets - Section 231 Row 9

What do you like about GopherHole?: By far, this is the best source of Gopher sports information on the Internet. Adding SelectionSunday to the fold made your lineup of columnists even better.

What do you dislike about GopherHole?: Wren being allowed to post, thread hijacking,

What improvements or features would you like to see enacted?: Not sure

What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?: FBT, Strib, PiPress

What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: I don't really rememeber, other than it was after I got home from the 2005 football wipeout in Iowa City.

How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole (Web search, friend, etc.)?: Again, I don't really rememeber, other than it was after I got home from the 2005 football wipeout in Iowa City.

III. Fun Questions.

What do you do before/after you attend a Gopher sporting event (tailgated at campus locale, walk through Gold Country/university bookstore, visit Dinkytown venues, etc.)?: Football, tailgating is mandatory. Basketball, I like to get down to campus and have a drink before the game.

Who is the most athletic athlete that you witnessed wearing the maroon and gold uniform(s)?: Mbakwe

Who is the most dominant player (game changer) that you witnessed in football and/or basketball?: Either Eric Decker or Lawrence Maroney

Do you stand, sit, mixed during third down defensive stands? Stand during big 3rd downs, and as often as possible otherwise.

Best/most fun Gopher football and/or basketball game that you attended?: The Gopher BB win at the Kohl Center on a cold-as-hell night in January 2009. 35 below never felt so good in my life. This year's Purdue game, as well as the Zach Puchtel game v. Indiana in 2006 (?) where he sent Marco Killingsworth to the bench madder than hell. As for football, Opening Night at the New Brickhouse v. Air Force was #1, but this year's Pig game and postgame party on the field with Floyd was pretty awesome.

I. Demographics

Age: 30 Gender: Male. #of years as a Gopher fan: 12. Minnesota Native: No.
Hometown: Maple Grove, MN. Current Address: New Orleans, LA
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): B.A., U of M, 2002
Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: Yes
Season ticket holder for football and/or basketball: Football (If yes, what sports, how many tickets, and what section(s) are your seats?) 5 tickets in section 135

What do you like about GopherHole?: Living out of state, it's the best way to keep up on the Gophers.

What do you dislike about GopherHole?: The posters with an obvious agenda. This is most commonly found on the cesspool that is the Off-Topic Board, but there's also the Wrens of the world.

What improvements or features would you like to see enacted?: Quicker hammer on the trolls.

What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?: FBT. Eric Thrall's Gopher history site is a great source for looking up info.

What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: Summer of 2001, was getting ready to attend each and every game of the football season, home and away, and wanted to get travel tips on the season-opener in Toledo.

What other Gopher sports have you attended this past year?: Hockey game vs. Michigan State when I was home Thanksgiving weekend.

How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole (Web search, friend, etc.)?: It was part of the Rivals network.

III. Fun Questions.

What do you do before/after you attend a Gopher sporting event (tailgated at campus locale, walk through Gold Country/university bookstore, visit Dinkytown venues, etc.)?: Tailgate on the West Bank, sometimes stop for a pre- or post-game drink at Sally's or Stubs. For any other sport, ALWAYS stop for a pre- or post-game drink at Sally's or Stubs.

Who is the most athletic athlete that you witnessed wearing the maroon and gold uniform(s)?: Laurence Maroney or Thomas Vanek.

Who is the most dominant player (game changer) that you witnessed in football and/or basketball?: Eric Decker. The Gophers' stats with and without him really speaks for itself.

Do you stand, sit, mixed during third down defensive stands? Always stand on 3rd downs, even if I rarely expect the Gophers to actually make a stop.

Best/most fun Gopher football and/or basketball game that you attended?: Opening Night at TCF will rank #1 until the day the Gophers clinch a Rose Bowl (or, as is now the case in the expansion era, a trip to the Big Ten title game). Storming the field after winning Floyd was great, though.

Demographics
Hometown: South Saint Paul. Current Address: Millbrook Alabama
Post Secondary Info: Currently attending Troy University. Major in Psych with a minor
in Bus. Admin.
Try to make one game a year, got lucky this year when hey played at MTSU!
Not a season ticket holder
Pros/Gopher Hole
The information, and banter back and forth between the old-timers.
Cons/Gopher Hole
Repetitive phrases i.e. “He gets it” “He knows how to build a program” “He’s a proven
winner" We can keep “stroke the post” though I like that one.
Features/Improvements
It’s all pretty good. Maybe more video, more interviews with coaches and players.

Other sites
FBT, ESPN, BTN
Why I joined
Vehicle in which to stay connected with “Home” and God’s Country, Minnesota.
Other sports I attended
None
How I found Gopher hole.
Stumbled across it while looking for Gopher Football info
What I do before/after gopher sporting event
Drink…a lot.
Most athletic Gopher
Tough question, for Hockey I would say Brian Bonin, loved watching him play. Basketball’s tough. The few I really liked were Courtney James and Quincy Lewis
Stand/Sit at games
Butt never touches the seat
Best Game
Haven’t been able to catch many the last ten years, but I caught a Hockey game down in the Springs against Colorado College. Somehow my tickets were in the CC student Section. I almost got my Minnesota hoody forcibly removed my body. Luckily I brought a big friend with me and the Gophs won.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom