It's Time: 6th Annual GopherHole Survey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Demographics

Age: 41. Gender: Male. #of years as a Gopher fan: 22. Minnesota Native: No
Hometown: Winnipeg, MB Current Address: Winnipeg, MB
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): BA University of Winnipeg, MA University of Manitoba
Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: 1 football,
Season ticketet holder for football and/or basketball: No

II. GopherHole-related questions

What do you like about GopherHole?: Inside info, up to date commentary

What do you dislike about GopherHole?: Audio ads

What improvements or features would you like to see enacted?: More stories on recent players (ie: what are guys who gradauted 3 or 4 years ago doing now).

What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?: Star-Tribune, Fringe Bowl Team

What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: I wanted to provide my views and contribute to making GH a good discussion board

What other Gopher sports have you attended this past year?: None. 7 hour drive makes it tough

What other teams do you have season tickets to (Gopher and/or non-Gopher?: None

How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole (Web search, friend, etc.)?: Can't recall its been so long ago

III. Fun Questions.

What do you do before/after you attend a Gopher sporting event (tailgated at campus locale, walk through Gold Country/university bookstore, visit Dinkytown venues, etc.)?: Beer gardens before and after then off to Big Ten or Stub and Herbs

Who is the most athletic athlete that you witnessed wearing the maroon and gold uniform(s)?:
Vincent Grier
Who is the most dominant player (game changer) that you witnessed in football and/or basketball?: Bobby Jackson

Do you stand, sit, mixed during third down defensive stands? Stand if others stand in front of me.

Best/most fun Gopher football and/or basketball game that you attended?: Beating Wisconsin in football in 1989.

I. Demographics

Age: 31. Gender: Male. #of years as a Gopher fan: 22. Minnesota Native: Yes.
Hometown: Detroit Lakes. Current Address: Inver Grove Heights.
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): B.S. Chemical Engineering, University of Minnesota, 2002.
Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: Yes Football and basketball.
Season ticket holder for football and/or basketball: Yes for both, 6 tickets for football in section 204 and 1 for basketball in the student section.

What do you like about GopherHole?: I think it can be a good source of information which is what I enjoy the most. I like to know as much as possible related to all things Gophers.
What do you dislike about GopherHole?: Comments that attack people personally. There really isn't a need for that. Or people that only come to rip on the Gophers and not for good back and forth conversation.
What improvements or features would you like to see enacted?: It would be nice if in addition to seeing a preview of the starting post if you could see the same thing for the most recent reply.
What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?: FBT, Star-Tribune and Pioneer Press and The Daily Gopher.
What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: I had some items that I considered facts that I felt I could share with people, but obviously not many.
What other Gopher sports have you attended this past year?: Hockey, Volleyball, Baseball and Gymnastics (W).

What other teams do you have season tickets to (Gopher and/or non-Gopher?: Just Gopher football and basketball.

How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole (Web search, friend, etc.)?: I heard about it from some friends while in college.

III. Fun Questions.

What do you do before/after you attend a Gopher sporting event (tailgated at campus locale, walk through Gold Country/university bookstore, visit Dinkytown venues, etc.)?: We get to football games as early as they let us in the parking lot to tailgate, even vs Iowa. For basketball if the game is late enough we go out in Stadium Village.
Who is the most athletic athlete that you witnessed wearing the maroon and gold uniform(s)?: I would have to say Eric Decker since he played 2 sports which almost no one does these days.
Who is the most dominant player (game changer) that you witnessed in football and/or basketball?: Maroney for football and Quincy Lewis for basketball
Do you stand, sit, mixed during third down defensive stands? Stand and yell most of the time but those around me don't so it makes it difficult at times.

Best/most fun Gopher football and/or basketball game that you attended?: For football it would have been the Friday night Michigan game had we won but since we didn't it might be the Iowa game this year after everything that happened and the way it was celebrated. For basketball I don't remember the year exactly but it was vs Indiana and they were highly ranked with Bob Knight as the coach and it seemed we always beat them at home while I was there.

. Demographics

#of years as a Gopher fan: as long as I can remember
Minnesota Native: Yes.
Hometown: St. Paul, MN. Current Address: Minneapolis, MN and Los Angeles
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): B.S. University of Minnesota - TC 2004, J.D. Fordham - 2007
Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: Yes, football and basketball
Season ticket holder for football and/or basketball: (If yes, what sports, how many tickets, and what section(s) are your seats?): Yes, football and basketball (two seats each)

What do you like about GopherHole?: Unfortunately, finding good Gopher football talk can be difficult on the internet or even in real life. I just think that most of us on GH are the most hardcore followers of Gopher sports and it's hard to find other people to debate who our 3rd string QB is going to be or whether or not Elliason should be RS.

What do you dislike about GopherHole?: People who get angry when others disagree with them.

What improvements or features would you like to see enacted?:I can't think of any
What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?: FBT, ESPN, Rivals, big10's website
What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: Never really was a lurker.

What other Gopher sports have you attended this past year?: Gopher Men's Hockey, wrestling

What other teams do you have season tickets to (Gopher and/or non-Gopher?: None.

How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole (Web search, friend, etc.)?: I can't remember

III. Fun Questions.

What do you do before/after you attend a Gopher sporting event (tailgated at campus locale, walk through Gold Country/university bookstore, visit Dinkytown venues, etc.)?: I usually just tailgate with friends.

Who is the most athletic athlete that you witnessed wearing the maroon and gold uniform(s)?: I was partial to Sam Jacobson. But Maroney, Rod Williams were probably the most athletic.

Who is the most dominant player (game changer) that you witnessed in football and/or basketball?: I wasn't there, but Bobby Jackson against Clemson

Do you stand, sit, mixed during third down defensive stands? Stand and yell
Best/most fun Gopher football and/or basketball game that you attended?: 2009 Airforce was amazing, I also went to a bball game in 1997 against Illinois where we "won" by 1 that was an awesome atmosphere.

Survey info

I. Demographics

Age: 31. Gender: Male. #of years as a Gopher fan: 25. Minnesota Native: Yes.
Hometown: North Metro. Current Address: South Metro.
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): B.S. Thomas Edison State College
Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: Nope, i wish.
Season ticket holder for football and/or basketball: No. (If yes, what sports, how many tickets, and what section(s) are your seats?)

What do you like about GopherHole?:I love the recruiting stuff, i just dont have the time to follow it as closely as I'd like. I also like civil and objective opinions of pretty much everything football.

What do you dislike about GopherHole?: Hijacking of threads, but it has been better. I have a feeling that it'll worsen as we improve. I also like fact that certian posters have been banned (even if it drops the page views by 1/3 (probably)

What improvements or features would you like to see enacted?: A mobile version of the board. Some more up close interviews with future, current and past Gopher football players. I do think that this could be a potential recruiting tool. It could show that our guys get local press and learn how to give good interviews.

What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?: Almost all here...Star-Tribune and Pioneer Press too

What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: An assinine opinion by a now banned member sucked me in. I know better now...

What other Gopher sports have you attended this past year?: None.

What other teams do you have season tickets to (Gopher and/or non-Gopher?: None.

How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole (Web search, friend, etc.)?: Web search about eight years ago. Since that time I've told several friends about GopherHole.

III. Fun Questions.

What do you do before/after you attend a Gopher sporting event (tailgated at campus locale, walk through Gold Country/university bookstore, visit Dinkytown venues, etc.)?: Dinkytown drinking establishments when i dont bring my kids.

Who is the most athletic athlete that you witnessed wearing the maroon and gold uniform(s)?: I really dont know.

Who is the most dominant player (game changer) that you witnessed in football and/or basketball?: ?

Do you stand, sit, mixed during third down defensive stands? Stand and yell.

Best/most fun Gopher football and/or basketball game that you attended?: Attended...?? Taking my kids to see them play NIU a couple years ago at the Metrodump. My kids went ape and loved it.

I. Demographics

#of years as a Gopher fan: 20
Hometown: Woodbury, MN
Current Address: Minneapolis, MN and Chicago, IL
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): B.A. Minnesota 2007
Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: Yes both
Season ticket holder for football and/or basketball: 3 tickets in 152, try to attend as many basketball games as possible.

What do you like about GopherHole?: Love the insider info whether accurate or not, the ensuing bantering back and forth is entertaining. That and continual ridicule of PantherHawk is funny too. Love the articles on past and present players, and recruitment updates.

What do you dislike about GopherHole?: Repetitive posts, i've been guilty of a few. That and the lows of the boards whenever the Gophers lose.

What improvements or features would you like to see enacted?: It would be cool if we could get an annual celebration going for 'holers, like a BBQ or tailgating event.

What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?: FBT, Daily Gopher, David Shama, From The Barn, Down with Goldy, AP

What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: I joined when Athelstan claimed that Des Moines was equal to Minneapolis.

What other Gopher sports have you attended this past year?: Hockey and Volleyball

What other teams do you have season tickets to (Gopher and/or non-Gopher?: did have hockey tix that I split with a friend but now i'm down to half a season.

How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole (Web search, friend, etc.)?: Knew about it after talking to a buddy while tailgating in college

III. Fun Questions.

What do you do before/after you attend a Gopher sporting event (tailgated at campus locale, walk through Gold Country/university bookstore, visit Dinkytown venues, etc.)?: We usually tailgate down by the river for football games, when we were at the Metrodome I would be behind the baseball museum. Usually after the game I would hit up Village Wok if we were hungry or Sterbs.

Who is the most athletic athlete that you witnessed wearing the maroon and gold uniform(s)?: Bobby Jackson and Maroney

Who is the most dominant player (game changer) that you witnessed in football and/or basketball?: Vincent Grier, against Wisconsin in 2005 outscored their entire team in the second half, he even banked a 3 pointer, that was an awesome day.

Best/most fun Gopher football and/or basketball game that you attended?: in order, taking the Jug back in 2005, Grier game against the Badgers, Irmen Penalty shot against Wisconsin (youtube it if you haven't seen it, loudest I've ever experienced in Mariucci), that and my very first bowl game, Sun Bowl against Oregon 2003, and taking Floyd home 2010 and the Axe in 2003 are tied for 5th.

I. Demographics

Age: 30s. Gender: Male. #of years as a Gopher fan: 30. Minnesota Native: Yes.
Current town: on a coast.
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): comically multiple.
Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: Yeppers.
Season ticket holder for football and/or basketball: Yes. 4fb.

Who is the most athletic athlete that you witnessed wearing the maroon and gold uniform(s)?: Best athlete was Willie Burton.

Who is the most dominant player (game changer) that you witnessed in football and/or basketball?: Who was the most dominant at their position? Greg Eslinger was.

Best/most fun Gopher football and/or basketball game that you attended?: Beating Iowa in 1989/90? There are painfully few highlights.

I. Demographics

#of years as a Gopher fan: 30
Hometown: Coon Rapids, MN
Current Address: Minneapolis, MN
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): B.S. North Dakota State 1998
Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: Yes both
Season ticket holder for football and/or basketball:
Yes Football-2 tickets in 236 (row 1)
Yes Basketball-2 tickets in 213 (row 8)

What do you like about GopherHole?: Like that the majority of people are Gopher fans and really are passionate about the team.

What do you dislike about GopherHole?: That Schnoodler doesn't post anymore.

What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?: FBT, Daily Gopher,

What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: I joined in 2005 pretty much the week I found out about the site. My Gopher life hasn't been the same since.

What other Gopher sports have you attended this past year?: Hockey and basketball

What other teams do you have season tickets to (Gopher and/or non-Gopher?: Basketball and Twins.

III. Fun Questions.

What do you do before/after you attend a Gopher sporting event (tailgated at campus locale, walk through Gold Country/university bookstore, visit Dinkytown venues, etc.)?: We tailgate in Lot 88. Usually the first one in the lot. 2010 Lot 88 Chilli Cookoff Champion

Do you stand, sit, mixed during third down defensive stands? Stand

I. Demographics

Age: 26. Gender: Male. #of years as a Gopher fan: 14. Minnesota Native: Yes.
Hometown: Cokato, MN. Current Address: Washington, DC.
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): Mathematics, University of Minnesota-Twin Cities.
Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: Yes Football and Basketball.
Season ticket holder for football and/or basketball:(If yes, what sports, how many tickets, and what section(s) are your seats?) Yes, football, section 101

What do you like about GopherHole?: Interesting conglomeration of Gopher related information

What do you dislike about GopherHole?: It can be annoying to sift through some of the petty fighting

What improvements or features would you like to see enacted?: It is very good for a free site, something to make it easier to read the boards on a mobile phone

What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?: Star Tribune web site, FBT blog

What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: I still don't post a lot, I can't say I have a lot to add in many situations

How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole (Web search, friend, etc.)?: When I was researching where to pick seats in 2009 I ran across the site on a Google search

III. Fun Questions.

What do you do before/after you attend a Gopher sporting event (tailgated at campus locale, walk through Gold Country/university bookstore, visit Dinkytown venues, etc.)?: Some tailgating, visiting people I know on campus

Who is the most athletic athlete that you witnessed wearing the maroon and gold uniform(s)?: I am not good at this, it was sure fun watching Willie VanDeSteeg take over a game

Who is the most dominant player (game changer) that you witnessed in football and/or basketball?: Lawrence Maroney, having someone who could pull off a home run play at any instant was amazing

Do you stand, sit, mixed during third down defensive stands? I generally stand during third down, but it depends on what is happening around me in the section

Best/most fun Gopher football and/or basketball game that you attended?: 2010 Iowa. It was like I couldn't believe what I was watching. Seeing the pig come back home was the coolest thing that I have ever seen live at a Gopher event.

ChicagoGopher

I. Demographics

#of years as a Gopher fan: 43.
Hometown: St. Paul.
Current Address: Algonquin IL
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): JD CHicago-Kent College of Law
Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: Yes Football.
Season ticket holder for football and/or basketball: Yes 4 for football

What do you like about GopherHole?: Good secondary site. I get my primary information fromRivals but enjoy the other input and comments (aside from the constant bickering) this site can provide.

What do you dislike about GopherHole?: Too much off topic bickering, too many non-Gopher interlopers.

What improvements or features would you like to see enacted?: Not sure - kind of enjoy it as it is and understand some of the limitations as it is a free site.

What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?: GopherIllustrated, FBT, Star-Tribune and Pioneer Press, GopherSports.com

What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: Never really lurked but don't post much.

What other Gopher sports have you attended this past year?: Hoops and football away games.

How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole (Web search, friend, etc.)?: Followed when broke off from Rivals site (but stayed there too).

III. Fun Questions.

What do you do before/after you attend a Gopher sporting event (tailgated at campus locale, walk through Gold Country/university bookstore, visit Dinkytown venues, etc.)?: TAILGATE!!!!!

Who is the most athletic athlete that you witnessed wearing the maroon and gold uniform(s)?: Lawrence Maroney

Who is the most dominant player (game changer) that you witnessed in football and/or basketball?: Vincent Grier on a good day, or maybe Bobby Jackson.

Best/most fun Gopher football and/or basketball game that you attended?: Both road victories when we brought home the jug. Absolutely AWESOME!!!

I. Demographics

#of years as a Gopher fan: about 18 years
Minnesota Native: Yes
Hometown: Brandon
Current Address: Burlington, Iowa
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): B.S. MN-Crookston 2002
Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: Yes, both football and basketball
Season ticket holder for football and/or basketball: No

What do you like about GopherHole?: Great place to find information about basketball and football programs. I love following recruiting for both programs. Just a fun place to chat with others who have the same passion for the Gophers.

What do you dislike about GopherHole?: Posters who seem to have an agenda so they post the same things over and over. Trolls.

What improvements or features would you like to see enacted?: I love the interviews of recruits but would like to see some interviews/features on former Gopher athletes. Maybe a "where are they now" feature. It would be fun to see interviews of guys like Sam Jacobson, Marion Barber III, and Robb Quinlan.

What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?: FBT is the only one I check out on my own. But I do appreciate the links posted from other sites.

What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: Moved away from MN and was looking for a place to keep up with the Gophers. Lurked here for awhile then slowly started posting.

What other Gopher sports have you attended this past year?: None

How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole (Web search, friend, etc.)?: Found it on the internet. I think I googled Gopher sports and came across it.

III. Fun Questions.

What do you do before/after you attend a Gopher sporting event (tailgated at campus locale, walk through Gold Country/university bookstore, visit Dinkytown venues, etc.)?: Usually find a place to eat/drink in Dinkytown.

Who is the most athletic athlete that you witnessed wearing the maroon and gold uniform(s)?: Sam Jacobson. Seemed like every time I saw him play in person he had several big time dunks.

Who is the most dominant player (game changer) that you witnessed in football and/or basketball?: MB III and Maroney. It was so much fun to watch them run all over the field. Even when the defense knew they were going to get the ball, they couldn't stop them.

Do you stand, sit, mixed during third down defensive stands? Stand

Best/most fun Gopher football and/or basketball game that you attended?: Michigan St. football game in 2009 on Halloween. It was my first game at TCF. Took my dad, who isn't a big college football fan, and we had a blast. The game had everything: big plays, bad refs, and lots of cheering (and booing).

Thanks for doing this DL65. Always fun to find out more about my fellow g'holers.

I. Demographics

Age: 40. Gender: Male. #of years as a Gopher fan: 12. Minnesota Native: Born her, moved away, then moved back..
Hometown: Waconia. Current Address: Minneapolis.
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): B.S. Western Kentucky University - 1993
Master of Public Affairs; U of M 2006
Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: Yes Football.
Season ticket holder for football and/or basketball: Yes for football, no for basketball.

What do you like about GopherHole?: Discussion and speculation of all things Gopher football.

What do you dislike about GopherHole?: People beating up each other over their opinions. Often, people treat opinions as fact that is to be disproved. But everyone's opinion is valid.

What improvements or features would you like to see enacted?: More exclusive/insider content.

What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?: U of M athletic website

What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: I can't remember anymore.

What other Gopher sports have you attended this past year?: Basketball.

How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole (Web search, friend, etc.)?: I can't remember anymore.

III. Fun Questions.

What do you do before/after you attend a Gopher sporting event (tailgated at campus locale, walk through Gold Country/university bookstore, visit Dinkytown venues, etc.)?: Hang out at or around the Alumni Center.

Who is the most athletic athlete that you witnessed wearing the maroon and gold uniform(s)?: Laurence Maroney

Who is the most dominant player (game changer) that you witnessed in football and/or basketball?: 2002-04 Offensive Line.

Best/most fun Gopher football and/or basketball game that you attended?: 2003 Michigan game even though it was a heartbreaker. The electricity going into that game felt like we were a legitimate contender.

I. Demographics

Age: 49. Gender: Male. #of years as a Gopher fan: 31. Minnesota Native: No.
Hometown: NYC. Current Address: St. Paul, MN.
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): B.S. UofM 1983, M.S. Microbial Eng'g 2006.
Season ticket holder for football and/or basketball: Football, 4 seats in section 105 (not one of the knuckleheads)

What do you like about GopherHole?: Great source of info on college football in general and all things Gopher in particular

What do you dislike about GopherHole?: Backbiting/bickering gets tiresome.

What improvements or features would you like to see enacted?: Having a mobile version of the website for a smartphone or iPad would be a huge improvement. IMHO this site lags behind many others in interface options, particularly threat views

What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?: FBT, Gopher Illustrated, Scout (non-premium member), Star-Tribune and Pioneer Press and BleedGopher's many links.

What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: Been a member here as well as the predecessor board for 10+ years.

How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole (Web search, friend, etc.)?: stumbled across it about 10 years ago

III. Fun Questions.

What do you do before/after you attend a Gopher sporting event (tailgated at campus locale, walk through Gold Country/university bookstore, visit Dinkytown venues, etc.)?: Tailgate with some friends in the M lot.

Who is the most athletic athlete that you witnessed wearing the maroon and gold uniform(s)?: Wasn't pretty to watch, but Kevin McHale. Too bad college basketball didn't have a 3 point line when Trent Tucker was playing

Who is the most dominant player (game changer) that you witnessed in football and/or basketball?: Probably Maroney

Best/most fun Gopher football and/or basketball game that you attended?: The 1998 game where we came from behind to beat MSU. After 10+ years in the wilderness under Gutey & Wacker, it was OK to believe we could sit at the big boy table again.

Demographics

#of years as a Gopher fan: 2
Minnesota Native: No
Hometown: Pittsburgh, PA
Current Address: Minneapolis, MN
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): Currently enrolled at the U
Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: Yes, both
Season ticket holder for football and/or basketball: Both

What do you like about GopherHole?: Information

What do you dislike about GopherHole?: Fans of the same team belittling each other
What improvements or features would you like to see enacted? Greatest games

What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?: Daily Gopher, FBT

What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: Football season looming, wanted to voice opinions

What other teams do you have season tickets to (Gopher and/or non-Gopher?): None

How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole (Web search, friend, etc.)?: No

III. Fun Questions.

What do you do before/after you attend a Gopher sporting event (tailgated at campus locale, walk through Gold Country/university bookstore, visit Dinkytown venues, etc.)?: Since football games are at 11, I usually wake up and go straight to the stadium

Who is the most athletic athlete that you witnessed wearing the maroon and gold uniform(s)?: Eric Decker

Who is the most dominant player (game changer) that you witnessed in football and/or basketball?: Trevor Mbakwe

Do you stand, sit, mixed during third down defensive stands? Stand at all times

Best/most fun Gopher football and/or basketball game that you attended?: I was in Pittsburgh for Thanksgiving so I missed the Iowa game, but the Halloween game against MSU was awesome. The Air Force game was great too

I. Demographics

Age: 30. Gender: Male. #of years as a Gopher fan: ~20. Minnesota Native: Technically.
Hometown: La Crosse, WI. Current Address: Minneapolis, MN
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): B.A., The U, 2002. Master's, The U, 2008
Season ticket holder for football and/or basketball: Yes, football, section 235 (in the way back, behind 30 rows of people who are apparently unable to stand or clap their hands)

What do you like about GopherHole?: Keeping up to date on the little things, learning about the team, etc

What do you dislike about GopherHole?: People running off the more annoying users for no other reason than the fact that they're annoying. The disproportionate number of badgers and hawkeyes trollin' around

What improvements or features would you like to see enacted?: Pre-and-post-game analysis. More Xs and Os about how the team (and other teams) do what they do.

What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?: FBT

What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: N/A, never a lurker.

How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole (Web search, friend, etc.)?: Web search

III. Fun Questions.

What do you do before/after you attend a Gopher sporting event (tailgated at campus locale, walk through Gold Country/university bookstore, visit Dinkytown venues, etc.)?: Tailgate at the river flats, drink at Stub and Herbs.

Who is the most athletic athlete that you witnessed wearing the maroon and gold uniform(s)?: Myself crushing touch football games in my gopher hoodie, MarQueis Gray on my NCAA 11 team, Maroney.

Who is the most dominant player (game changer) that you witnessed in football and/or basketball?: Maroney

Best/most fun Gopher football and/or basketball game that you attended?: Air Force at the TCF opening.

I. Demographics

Age: 51. Gender: Male. #of years as a Gopher fan: 32. Minnesota Native: Yes.
Hometown: Rochester, MN. Current Address: Rochester, MN.
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): B.A. University of MN 1982.
Season ticket holder for football. I have one ticket in a group of 6 ticket holders. We are in section 117

What do you like about GopherHole?: I like the fact I can get my "Gopher Fix" on GopherHole. It's a great place to get insight on prospects and signees. Also a great place to find out where events are being held, who's going to be on the radio or TV, etc. There's really nothing I can't find out about the Gophers on GH.

What do you dislike about GopherHole?: Basically all the bickering (especially when a couple of people hijack a thread with their petty back-and-forth arguing.

What improvements or features would you like to see enacted?: Nothing I can think of right now.

What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?: FBT, Gopher Illustrated, Scout (non-premium member), Star-Tribune and Pioneer Press and BleedGopher's many links: Read Star-Tribune, Pioneer Press, and the Goal-Line Club information

What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: Never really lurked for very long. I read the site for a while and then joined when I wanted to add my opinions.

What other Gopher sports have you attended this past year?: Men's basketball

How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole (Web search, friend, etc.)?: A friend of mine (a pharmacist and U grad from Rochester and huge Gopher fan) mentioned your site so I went online and found you!

III. Fun Questions.

What do you do before/after you attend a Gopher sporting event: We typically head up 2-3 hours before the game and hit some local bars--Nordeast Mpls (did a Goal Line club event last year), then head to the game. Post game we head to Dinky Town for a post-game beverage

Most athletic player I witnessed: Marion Barber Jr. 1980
Who is the most dominant player (game changer) that you witnessed in football and/or basketball?: Trent Tucker

Do you stand, sit, mixed during third down defensive stands? Usually stand and yell

Best/most fun Gopher football and/or basketball game that you attended?: Basketball--when we clinched the Big 10 title at Williams arena in 1982. Being a senior, season ticket holder at the Barn was just awesome (I wish the Barn had that kind of energy now). Football--it may seem kind of corny, but my favorite game was Halloween night in 2009 at TCF when we beat MI State. The game was back and forth and we won on a kind of freak play. But more than anything, it was just so cool to be outdoors, under the stars, on a crisp autumn night back on campus!

I. Demographics

Age: 22. Gender: Male. #of years as a Gopher fan: 4. Minnesota Native: No
Hometown: Lincoln, NE. Current Address: Minneapolis.
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): B.A this spring

Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: Yes (in the band for both)
Season ticket holder for football and/or basketball: See above.

What do you like about GopherHole?: Good discussion and insights; very up to date too.

What do you dislike about GopherHole?: Meltdowns.

What improvements or features would you like to see enacted?: List of Gopher-friendly establishments for Gopher watch parties or whatever out of state. I also really liked the "Red out Around the World" thing that UNL did - I would find it really interesting to see where Gopher fans around the country/world are.

What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?: StarTrib and FBT

What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: Not sure - I think I just actually knew the answer to a question that wasn't a matter of opinion.

What other Gopher sports have you attended this past year?: Hockey, Women's hockey, volleyball.

How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole (Web search, friend, etc.)?: I think I heard it mentioned in conversation once and then went to look it up.

III. Fun Questions.

What do you do before/after you attend a Gopher sporting event (tailgated at campus locale, walk through Gold Country/university bookstore, visit Dinkytown venues, etc.)?: Band, but I'm graduating this year so I'll have to come up with a new routine.

Who is the most athletic athlete that you witnessed wearing the maroon and gold uniform(s)?:
Only a fan for four years so not too many options....probably Rodney.

Who is the most dominant player (game changer) that you witnessed in football and/or basketball?: Westbrook vs Wisconsin or Decker vs double and triples teams.

Do you stand, sit, mixed during third down defensive stands? Stand and yell.....all game.

Best/most fun Gopher football and/or basketball game that you attended?: Air Force last year and Iowa this year. The at Illinois game in 2008 was easily the best road trip I've been on.
For basketball I loved the home wins over Wisconsin. I also got to attend the entire BTT last year and it was absolutely a blast.

I. Demographics

#of years as a Gopher fan: 13
Minnesota Native: Yes
Hometown: Fridley, MN
Current Address: New Brighton, MN
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): B.S. University of Minnesota - TC 2009
Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: Yes, both
Season ticket holder for football and/or basketball: Football - New Alumni Section, usually sit in the student section

What do you like about GopherHole?: I find it to be a great source of information and Gopher related humor. Plus, it gives me and MrGopher something to talk about.

What do you dislike about GopherHole?: It takes MrGopher away from me for extended periods of time.

What improvements or features would you like to see enacted? None.

What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?: gophersports.com, BTN

What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: I'm still lurking...

What other Gopher sports have you attended this past year?: Hockey, Baseball, WGymnastics

What other teams do you have season tickets to (Gopher and/or non-Gopher?): None

How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole (Web search, friend, etc.)?: MrGopher

III. Fun Questions.

What do you do before/after you attend a Gopher sporting event (tailgated at campus locale, walk through Gold Country/university bookstore, visit Dinkytown venues, etc.)?:
Before: Hang out at MrGopher's place. Put on a Goldy tattoo.
After: Sleep. Football games start too early and we like good seats.

Who is the most athletic athlete that you witnessed wearing the maroon and gold uniform(s)?: Brock Lesnar

Who is the most dominant player (game changer) that you witnessed in football and/or basketball?: Laurence Maroney

Do you stand, sit, mixed during third down defensive stands? Stand. Scream. Repeat.

Best/most fun Gopher football and/or basketball game that you attended?: Air Force 2009. It was perfection.

I. Demographics

Age: 28. Gender: Male. #of years as a Gopher fan: 28. Minnesota Native: Yes.
Hometown: Detroit Lakes. Current Address: Minnetonka, MN.
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): B.S. University of Minnesota, 2007.
Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: Yes, all of both.
Season ticket holder for football and/or basketball: Yes. (FB and BB, 3 for FB, 2 for BB, 218 i think for FB, 116 for BB)

What do you like about GopherHole?: Go to it daily to get all my Gopher information. Love the people on the site. The site does a great job of keeping trolls away.
What do you dislike about GopherHole?: Cant view it at work....although that is probably a good thing
What improvements or features would you like to see enacted?:
What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?: FBT and the Strib.
What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: Was a lurker for my first few weeks of finding the site. Dont post much.

How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole (Web search, friend, etc.)?: Working at the Ticket Office, we were told to keep an eye on it in case any ticket type questions came up.
III. Fun Questions.

What do you do before/after you attend a Gopher sporting event (tailgated at campus locale, walk through Gold Country/university bookstore, visit Dinkytown venues, etc.)?: Tailgate for a little bit longer, and then usually head to Sally's.
Who is the most athletic athlete that you witnessed wearing the maroon and gold uniform(s)?: Rodney Williams
Who is the most dominant player (game changer) that you witnessed in football and/or basketball?: Maroney, football. Bobby Jackson, basketball.

Do you stand, sit, mixed during third down defensive stands? Always standing
Best/most fun Gopher football and/or basketball game that you attended?: 2010 Iowa football game. Have been to many games we should have won, but ended up losing. This game was fought extremely hard by our team even after the season that was, and I had never been more proud to be a Gopher.

I. Demographics

Age: 44. Gender: Male. #of years as a Gopher fan: 44. Minnesota Native: Yes.
Hometown: Shoreview, MN. Current Address: Bloomington, MN.
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): B.A. University of Minnesota.
Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: Yes Football and basketball.
Season ticket holder for football and/or basketball: Football 4 tickets Sec 231 (hoping to upgrade seats this year)

What do you like about GopherHole?: Great site for inside Gopher info, love posts from GopherLady, all the normal posters (you know who you are!) and the guys who at least seem like they have inside knowledge like JohnnyGopher. Nice to see Chris Monter on here now, as well.

What do you dislike about GopherHole?: Non-normal posters (you probably don't know who you are). Wisconsin and Iowa fans posting on here. I don't go on your boards annoying you guys, why do you bother us? The anti-religious posts that pop up periodically.

What improvements or features would you like to see enacted?: Limit the number of threads to two a day per forum. Moses87 just ruins the basketball forum with 8 threads a day after a Gopher loss.

What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?: Gopher Illustrated (just the free stuff), once in awhile over to the StarTribune. Looking forward to the Jerry Kill Show (I'm assuming there will be one).

What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: a longtime member and was never a lurker.

What other Gopher sports have you attended this past year?: basketball

How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole (Web search, friend, etc.)?: Friend told me about it around 6 years ago. Since that time I've told several friends about GopherHole.

III. Fun Questions.

What do you do before/after you attend a Gopher sporting event (tailgated at campus locale, walk through Gold Country/university bookstore, visit Dinkytown venues, etc.)?: Drive in early, park somewhere around the Witch's Hat Tower and walk. I really like this part, used to do this back when we walked to Memorial Stadium. Hang out around Stadium Village.

Who is the most athletic athlete that you witnessed wearing the maroon and gold uniform(s)?: Darrell Thompson and Laurence Maroney (hoping Marquis Gray makes a challenge for that the next two years). Trevor Mbawke in BB.

Who is the most dominant player (game changer) that you witnessed in football and/or basketball?: Rickey Foggie, my favorite player, I went to school the same years he did. LOVED the fake pitch and then run into the end-zone.

Do you stand, sit, mixed during third down defensive stands? Mixed, depends on my mood (sorry, I'm one of the berated typical Minnesota fans. I blame my Swedish heritage for my lack of outward "passion")

Best/most fun Gopher football and/or basketball game that you attended?: Three of them: the 13-7 loss to Oklahoma in 1985, that overtime game against Purdue in 2005 (not sure if that was the right year), and the Michigan State game Halloween night 2010. I have a lot more depressing games like "the" Michigan game in 2003 and the Wisconsin game with the blocked punt in the end-zone a few years ago (and a few more from the 80's and 90's).

I. Demographics

Age: 54. Gender: Female.(has to be one of us) #of years as a Gopher fan: 40. Minnesota Native: No.
Hometown: Chamberlain, SD. Current Address: Rochester, MN.
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): B.S SDSU and Winona
Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: Yes Football and BB.
Season ticket holder for football and/or basketball: No. (If yes, what sports, how many tickets, and what section(s) are your seats?)

What do you like about GopherHole?: A great site to share comments and get information that's related to Gophers.

What do you dislike about GopherHole?: Hijacking of threads and Pi??in contests, which can make some threads unreadable.Trolls are less but more unlikable (Pantherhawk, Lonelygophin Iowa)What improvements or features would you like to see enacted?: More Where are They Now features and pre-game analysis of upcoming games. Would like new people to join up and become contributing members. Cool to see other opinions. What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?: FBT, Rival, Scout (non-premium member), Star-Tribune and Pioneer Press and BleedGopher's many links.

What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: Love gophs and daughter went to U. Took her to Gopher game at 18 months and never looked back

How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole (Web search, friend, etc.)?: Web search during Clem's BB run
What do you do before/after you attend a Gopher sporting event (tailgated at campus locale, walk through Gold Country/university bookstore, visit Dinkytown venues, etc.)?: Tailgate and visit other beverage establishments

Who is the most athletic athlete that you witnessed wearing the maroon and gold uniform(s)?: Bobby Jackson, Sam Jacobson. Hoffbauer(per other sites if they did not have the German who probably doesn't speak English we could have won) Who is the most dominant player (game changer) that you witnessed in football and/or basketball?: D. Thompson and a newbie Mbawkwe. Do you stand, sit, mixed during third down defensive stands? Stand and yell. Hate it when people tell you to sit down so they can see during the rouser.

Best/most fun Gopher football and/or basketball game that you attended?: The last Iowa game. Welcome home Floyd

I. Demographics

#of years as a Gopher fan: 5.
Hometown: Rosemount.
Current Address: Rosemount, MN.
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): B.A. U of MN 2010.
Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: Yes both.
Season ticket holder for football and/or basketball: Yes if student section for both counts

What do you like about GopherHole?: Pretty good articles with some interesting insight. It's often the place where I come to find news breaking before I hear it on the news (mostly basketball).

What do you dislike about GopherHole?: Obviously the post-loss meltdowns get bothersome, but I've learned to steer clear of the boards for a few days after a bad loss. The mods do a pretty good job of cleaning up the junkies though.

What improvements or features would you like to see enacted?: Depending on the season it seems like the front page news stories get published very seldom or in bursts. Selection Sunday is helping that a lot right now during basketball season. A more steady stream of articles would be a welcome improvement. Also, bring back someone who can manage the "Predict the Score" contest for basketball from last year's format (not this year's). Having a graduated point system for getting "close" but not necessarily the "closest" was a lot of fun to participate in.

What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?: Star Trib and Pioneer Press, though most of what is getting published there already got published on GH!

What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: The Predict the Score contest for basketball.

What other Gopher sports have you attended this past year?: Played in the band at a volleyball, Women's Hockey, and Men's Hockey games.

How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole (Web search, friend, etc.)?: Friend referral

III. Fun Questions.

What do you do before/after you attend a Gopher sporting event (tailgated at campus locale, walk through Gold Country/university bookstore, visit Dinkytown venues, etc.)?: For basketball I peruse Stadium Village for food then Sally's and Stub and Herbs for some brew. For football tailgating in the lot.

Who is the most athletic athlete that you witnessed wearing the maroon and gold uniform(s)?: I don't have a ton of history since I'm a youngster but Bobby Jackson was pretty good the Final Four year.

Who is the most dominant player (game changer) that you witnessed in football and/or basketball?: Football = Eric Decker, for all the piece of crap passes Weber threw to him he always went and got them. He made Weber look WAY too good. Basketball: Damian Johnson, I don't have a lot of background, but Damian's stat sheets always impressed the hell out of me with pts, rebounds, assists, blocks, and steals all in regularity.

Do you stand, sit, mixed during third down defensive stands? Stand and yell with the students.

Best/most fun Gopher football and/or basketball game that you attended?: Having been abroad during the recent Iowa football game I would say the Big 10 tournament game last year vs. MSU for basketball was insanity. Best home game was vs. Wisconsin last year.

I. Demographics

#of years as a Gopher fan: 25
Hometown: Burnsville
Current Address: St. Cloud
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): B.S. St. Cloud State University 2008.
Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: Yes Football

What do you like about GopherHole?: Great information about Gopher sports. Most notably the recruiting aspect.

What do you dislike about GopherHole?: Would like more coverage about Gopher hockey (articles and insight) since it is/was the premier sport at the U.

What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?: Rivals, Scout, Star Trib Sports, and Pioneer Press Sports.

What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: Heard good things about it from relatives.

What other Gopher sports have you attended this past year?: Hockey

How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole (Web search, friend, etc.)?: Relatives

III. Fun Questions.

What do you do before/after you attend a Gopher sporting event (tailgated at campus locale, walk through Gold Country/university bookstore, visit Dinkytown venues, etc.)?: Eat at either Campus Pizza or Big Ten Subs.

Who is the most athletic athlete that you witnessed wearing the maroon and gold uniform(s)?: Maroney and Barber for sure. Disappointed we couldn't achieve higher things while they were at the U, but still enjoyed watching every minute of them running through every defense.

Who is the most dominant player (game changer) that you witnessed in football and/or basketball?: Maroney, Barber, Vincent Grier, Bobby Jackson.

Best/most fun Gopher football and/or basketball game that you attended?: Beating Iowa in 06. Beating Purdue while they were in the top 10 (can't remember the year). Not basketball or football, but attending the 2002 National Championship game vs. Maine was most definitely the greatest moment I've experienced while watching the Gophers.

I. Demographics

Age: 22. Gender: Male. #of years as a Gopher fan: 22. Minnesota Native: Yes.
Hometown: The L. Current Address:Minneapolis
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): student
Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: Yes .
Season ticket holder for football and/or basketball: yes, football and basketball, student

I. Demographics

Age: 21. Gender: Male. #of years as a Gopher fan: 4. Minnesota Native: Yes.
Hometown: Stillwater, MN. Current Address: Minneapolis, MN
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): B.A from the U of MN.
Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: Yes--both.
Season ticket holder for football and/or basketball: Yes--student section for basketball.

What do you like about GopherHole?: Great content and banter back and forth.

What do you dislike about GopherHole?: Tubby haters.

What improvements or features would you like to see enacted?: Would like more lurkers to join.

What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?: The Daily Gopher, Down with Goldy

What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: I believe I registered right away.

How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole (Web search, friend, etc.)?: Don't recall.

III. Fun Questions.

What do you do before/after you attend a Gopher sporting event (tailgated at campus locale, walk through Gold Country/university bookstore, visit Dinkytown venues, etc.)?: Will occasionally go out to eat afterward.

Who is the most athletic athlete that you witnessed wearing the maroon and gold uniform(s)?: Lawrence Westbrook.

Who is the most dominant player (game changer) that you witnessed in football and/or basketball?: Hoffarber.

Best/most fun Gopher football and/or basketball game that you attended?: Football: the Iowa game -- Basketball, last year's Wisconsin game.

Survey

Hometown: Wendell/Elbow Lake MN; Currently: St James, MN
Degrees: AA Waldorf College, Forest City, IA; BSVS/OD IL College of Optometry, Chicago, IL
Attend at least one FB & BK game/y: Yes, both.
Season ticket holder: FB(2) Sec 111; BK(2) Sec 120

Like: Scoop not always available on other sites
Dislike: Posters that rip on others
More: Articles
Other sites: Gophersports.com; Bigtennetwork.com; Startribune.com; Pioneerpress.com
Long time reader, ocassional poster
No other Gopher sporting events. Would like to attend Gopher baseball @ Target Field this spring
No other season tix
Discovered GopherHole during 1997 fantom Final 4 appearance

FB: Tailgate
BK: Meet in Radisson Hotel area
Most athletic: FB: Lawrence Maroney, Darrell Thompson; BK: Willie Burton, Voshon Leonard
Most dominant: FB: Lawrence Maroney, Darrell Thompson; BK: Mychal Thompson, Voshon Leonard
Usually stand and yell during 3rd down stands
Best FB: MN beating IA this fall and going out onto field
Best BK: Both 97 San Antonio NCAA games; Beating IN @ B10 tourney on Blake's last second shot

I. Demographics

Age: 20. Gender: Male. #of years as a Gopher fan: 10. Minnesota Native: Yes.
Hometown: Mankato. Current Address: Minneapolis
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): Bachelor's of Civil Engineering (Expected May 2012)
Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: Yes.
Season ticket holder for football and/or basketball: Yes. Football and basketball student tickets.

What do you like about GopherHole?: The fact that it is the best place to go for up to the minute Gopher's news. The interviews/stories about recruits are great, as are Selection Sunday's hoops analysis.

What do you dislike about GopherHole?: The trolling and the vast extremes that take place after a win or a loss.

What improvements or features would you like to see enacted?: I think it would be cool to have the writers like Gopher Lady, Chris Monter, and others write more opinion/analysis type articles to be posted on the front page.

What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?: The Minnesota Daily, Star Tribune/Pioneer Press beat writers, From the Barn, FBT, KFAN Rube Chat

What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: I can't remember exactly what it was about, but I read something I strongly disagreed with and felt the need to reply. I had been a regular lurker for over a year.

How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole (Web search, friend, etc.)?: A friend told me about the site my freshman year of college (2008).

III. Fun Questions.

What do you do before/after you attend a Gopher sporting event (tailgated at campus locale, walk through Gold Country/university bookstore, visit Dinkytown venues, etc.)?: Generally get together with a few friends and pregame.

Who is the most athletic athlete that you witnessed wearing the maroon and gold uniform(s)?: Rodney Williams

Who is the most dominant player (game changer) that you witnessed in football and/or basketball?: Tyrone Carter

Do you stand, sit, mixed during third down defensive stands? Stand/shout

Best/most fun Gopher football and/or basketball game that you attended?: Purdue Basketball game Jan 2011

Demographics

#of years as a Gopher fan: 30
Hometown: St. Louis Park, MN
Current Address: St. Pete Beach, FL
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): B.A: University of Minnesota-Twin Cities, 2001, MAED: Hamline University 2006
Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: Yes, Both
Season ticket holder for football and/or basketball: Football

What do you like about GopherHole?: Inside Information, Recruiting Information, Team News

What do you dislike about GopherHole?: Uniformed GH members reacting to posts in overzealous manner because of emotion and opinion rather than reacting to factual information.

What improvements or features would you like to see enacted? A much better recruiting section.

What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?: FBT, Rivals, Sid Hartman LOL.

What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: I was active, then turned lurker after some personal tradgedy, will now become active again.

What other Gopher sports have you attended this past year?: Just football this year.

What other teams do you have season tickets to (Gopher and/or non-Gopher?): Considering USF or Gators football.

How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole (Web search, friend, etc.)?: A friend told me years ago.

III. Fun Questions.

What do you do before/after you attend a Gopher sporting event? Watch the other Big Ten games or tailgate.

Who is the most athletic athlete that you witnessed wearing the maroon and gold uniform(s)?: Rickey Foggie football, Lindsay Whalen, basketball

Who is the most dominant player (game changer) that you witnessed in football and/or basketball?: Rick Foggie/Greg Eslinger football, Bobby Jackson/Lindsay Whalen basketball

Do you stand, sit, mixed during third down defensive stands? Stand, CLap, and Scream

Best/most fun Gopher football and/or basketball game that you attended?: Football, Gophers win over Iowa in Iowa City 1999, Gophers win over Bama in the 2004 Music City Bowl in Nashville. Basketball, my first game at Williams Arena in 1982. I don't remember the opponent, but the feel of the arena and game was amazing.

#of years as a Gopher fan: 51
Hometown: Preston, MN
Current Address: Maple Grove, MN
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): B.S. Music Education, University of Minnesota - 1971
Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: Yes, Both
Season ticket holder for football and/or basketball: Yes, both

What do you like about GopherHole?: updates on recruiting

What do you dislike about GopherHole?: posts from fans from other schools, except when they are playing us or visiting us asking for information about coming to our campus.

What improvements or features would you like to see enacted? nothing comes to mind...maybe interviews with past players

What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?: Star-Trib, PP, Facebook

What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: I've always been a poster.

What other Gopher sports have you attended this past year?: Men's Hockey and BB

What other teams do you have season tickets to (Gopher and/or non-Gopher?): Gopher Men's BB

How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole (Web search, friend, etc.)?: I can't remember back that far :)

III. Fun Questions.

What do you do before/after you attend a Gopher sporting event (tailgated at campus locale, walk through Gold Country/university bookstore, visit Dinkytown venues, etc.)?: Football - we have a tailgate group of about 24 that meets 4 blocks East of the Stadium usually 3 hours prior to kick-off. It has kept me going through thick and thin, we even have our own tailgate newsletter with themes for every game. BB - we usually meet up with a few friends at Stubb & Herbs.

Who is the most athletic athlete that you witnessed wearing the maroon and gold uniform(s)?: Bobby Bell in FB and Lou Hudson in BB.

Who is the most dominant player (game changer) that you witnessed in football and/or basketball?: See above

Do you stand, sit, mixed during third down defensive stands? mixed

Best/most fun Gopher football and/or basketball game that you attended?: 77 FB game when we beat #1 Michigan 16 to 0, you can't beat that one.

I. Demographics

#of years as a Gopher fan: 40
Hometown: Minneapolis
Current Address: Houston
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): B.S. ChE Minnesota 1989.
Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: Yes if in town and Bowl Games

What do you like about GopherHole?: Good info about teams.

What do you dislike about GopherHole?: Would like more coverage about Gopher hockey.

What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?: Rivals, Scout, Star Trib Sports, and Pioneer Press Sports.

What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: Wanted to ask question or two.

What other Gopher sports have you attended this past year?: Hockey (often away games)

How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole (Web search, friend, etc.)?: Web.

III. Fun Questions.

What do you do before/after you attend a Gopher sporting event (tailgated at campus locale, walk through Gold Country/university bookstore, visit Dinkytown venues, etc.)?: Drinks at Stubs.

Who is the most athletic athlete that you witnessed wearing the maroon and gold uniform(s)?: Dave Winfield when I was a kid.

Who is the most dominant player (game changer) that you witnessed in football and/or basketball?: Maroney , Mychael Thompson, Kevin McHale, Neal Broten, Paul Holmgren.

Do you stand, sit, mixed during third down defensive stands? Depends.

Best/most fun Gopher football and/or basketball game that you attended?: Music City Bowl where we rolled Alabama.

I. Demographics

Age: 33. Gender: Male. #of years as a Gopher fan: 33. Minnesota Native: Yes.
Hometown: Howard Lake. Current Address: Eden Prairie, MN.
Post secondary degree(s) and school(s): BS Computer Science SCSU, attended the U for a couple of years too.
Attend at least one Gopher football and/or basketball game per year: All football games and usually a basketball game or two.
Season ticket holder for football and/or basketball: Yes, football. 2 seats in Section 231

What do you like about GopherHole?: This is the best Gopher fan site by far, I've been reading the hole since it started.

What do you dislike about GopherHole?: Ignorance in the OT forum, not really anything that can be done to improve that.

What improvements or features would you like to see enacted?: I like it as is, no reason to improve on something that works fine as is. Check out the recent Gawker redesign for an example of taking a step back by adding features, it's horrible.

What other sites/tv/publications fans go to for Gopher-related information?: FBT, Star-Tribune, PP. The other forums are typically poorly made and rely on speculation for their "BREAKING NEWS!!!" so I avoid them.

What made you turn from lurker to poster on GH?: I was never a lurker.

What other Gopher sports have you attended this past year?: Wrestling.

How did you discover and come to visit GopherHole (Web search, friend, etc.)?: Probably a search on some alta vista-like search engine using Netscape Navigator, it's been too long so I don't remember.

III. Fun Questions.

What do you do before/after you attend a Gopher sporting event (tailgated at campus locale, walk through Gold Country/university bookstore, visit Dinkytown venues, etc.)?: Usually we hit Sally's before football games and if the crowd isn't too big we hit Big Ten for a full turkey, light lettuce, no onions.

Who is the most athletic athlete that you witnessed wearing the maroon and gold uniform(s)?: Tough call but I would go with Tim Hartung.

Who is the most dominant player (game changer) that you witnessed in football and/or basketball?: Laurence Maroney, football. Quincy Lewis, basketball.

Do you stand, sit, mixed during third down defensive stands? Stand and be obnoxious, in a friendly way...

Best/most fun Gopher football and/or basketball game that you attended?: My short-term memory tells me this past season's football win over Iowa was a great time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom