Conner Krizancic is Golden

its nice that we got a receiver that we can redshirt in this class. i would think so at least. i don't think Kill would burn 3 redshirts at one position.

its nice that we got a receiver that we can redshirt in this class. i would think so at least. i don't think Kill would burn 3 redshirts at one position.

Per Chris' conversation with him:

Gopher Hole: Have they talked to you about possibly playing as a freshman or would you redshirt?

Conner Krizancic: They told me to come in here and be ready not to redshirt. They don't have a lot of experience on the wide receiver depth chart.

http://www.gopherhole.com/news_article/show/345641?referrer_id=388419

Does this mean Brayden Lenius is out? I liked the size of Lenius, but I imagine Krizancic's quickness from the slot will complement Gentry and Holland's size on the outside very well.

3 nice receivers with Gentry as a deep threat, Krizancic with shorter quicker routes and Holland doing deep, short and everything in between. I imagine they will work well together.

Per Chris' conversation with him:

Gopher Hole: Have they talked to you about possibly playing as a freshman or would you redshirt?

Conner Krizancic: They told me to come in here and be ready not to redshirt. They don't have a lot of experience on the wide receiver depth chart.

http://www.gopherhole.com/news_article/show/345641?referrer_id=388419

i stil don't see us burning all 3 of Holland, Gentry and Krizancic's redshirts. Will probably be like last year using D Jones and Wolitarsky's but keeping Eric Carter's, or we burn Krizancic's but RS Genry's maybe since he is as skinny as a twig.

i stil don't see us burning all 3 of Holland, Gentry and Krizancic's redshirts. Will probably be like last year using D Jones and Wolitarsky's but keeping Eric Carter's, or we burn Krizancic's but RS Genry's maybe since he is as skinny as a twig.

I read this as "you may or may not be redshirted so be ready to play".

I'm excited to see where all of these playmaker types we're recruiting end up contributing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mini Wes Welker? Seems pretty fast and elusive, love the three wideouts we've added.

I was thinking more like this guy: http://youtu.be/LQxFbDA0jzw

IMO his WR highlights are more impressive than QB. That said, we have nothing set in stone. streveler seems like a more electric player but not sure of the level of competition. If he's got "it" at QB then let the best man win.

Happy to have him in a position of need. Things are looking good on offense.

Pretty sure the staff tells every recruit to be "ready." 2 of the 3 will play, one will get a redshirt.

Does this mean Brayden Lenius is out? I liked the size of Lenius, but I imagine Krizancic's quickness from the slot will complement Gentry and Holland's size on the outside very well.

3 nice receivers with Gentry as a deep threat, Krizancic with shorter quicker routes and Holland doing deep, short and everything in between. I imagine they will work well together.

Lenius has been thought to be a strong lean to Washington for the last week.

Pretty sure the staff tells every recruit to be "ready." 2 of the 3 will play, one will get a redshirt.

+1. I'd imagine Krizancic is one of the most likely to redshirt because they probably haven't even figured out his position yet.

+1. I'd imagine Krizancic is one of the most likely to redshirt because they probably haven't even figured out his position yet.

Yep, I think one of the WRs will be RS next season or else this would be a 4 WR class (with Eric Carter).

However, I'm not sold that it's going to be Krizancic. I'd imagine he will play in the slot and I think the competition for that slot receiver is a little less than the competition for the outside. I think the wild card is that I'd guess Holland could play on the outside or the inside. In the slot, we really only have Maye and Carter returning. I like Jones, Wolitarsky and Fruecte better on the outside.

Yep, I think one of the WRs will be RS next season or else this would be a 4 WR class (with Eric Carter).

However, I'm not sold that it's going to be Krizancic. I'd imagine he will play in the slot and I think the competition for that slot receiver is a little less than the competition for the outside. I think the wild card is that I'd guess Holland could play on the outside or the inside. In the slot, we really only have Maye and Carter returning. I like Jones, Wolitarsky and Fruecte better on the outside.

I think 2 WR's will red shirt. Eric Carter will play & Holland is undeniably ready to block in the B1G. imo It's the blocking that tends to keep young receivers off the field. Holland is a man-child and in his first year at WR after switching from LB (where he was also highly regarded). He's a load & he's physical. Gentry though is like a poor man's Randy Moss (Maybe a poor man's DaJon McKnight?). He's long and lean, athletic as hell & will take down some jump balls, but I don't see him road grading B1G CB's as a true Freshman. Same with Connor K.

Congrats Mr. Kill. You have really impressed me this last week. We are on the way to greatness. Dr. Don, break out the cold beer baby.

I think this kid is quite a bit more athletic than Dimonic. I don't know if Dimonic has another position if it's not QB. Therefore, I think it's a certainty that Dimonic stays at QB. This kid, he seems to be able to play QB, WR, or S. I really hope he signs, because he looks dynamic.

Dimonic is very impressive at cb

I wonder why he's a low 3 star with those kind of numbers and that tape. Lack of a solidified position maybe?

Either way, I really am optimistic about how this class is going to look 3 years from now.

Maybe his grades were too good.

I think 2 WR's will red shirt. Eric Carter will play & Holland is undeniably ready to block in the B1G. imo It's the blocking that tends to keep young receivers off the field. Holland is a man-child and in his first year at WR after switching from LB (where he was also highly regarded). He's a load & he's physical. Gentry though is like a poor man's Randy Moss (Maybe a poor man's DaJon McKnight?). He's long and lean, athletic as hell & will take down some jump balls, but I don't see him road grading B1G CB's as a true Freshman. Same with Connor K.

+1. Couldn't agree more. I love the Gentry signing, but dude needs a RS year. For size and technique. Wolitarsky, Jones, Carter, Holland, Maye are the WRs we play with in 2014. IMO.

The coaches will play the ones who give us the best chance to win regardless of recruitment class. With injuries, dings, and what-nots that leaves things pretty wide open. The playbook, the routes, and blocking effectiveness are going to be major determinants on who gives us the best chance to win. The '14 class has the best hands we have seen in a while. That is a major plus. Now go take that ball out of the air and run like a maniac!

I have no clue who redshirts, but we have a great group of young receivers and man are they tall!

+1. Couldn't agree more. I love the Gentry signing, but dude needs a RS year. For size and technique. Wolitarsky, Jones, Carter, Holland, Maye are the WRs we play with in 2014. IMO.

Fruechte

It's highly likely Holland plays and Gentry redshirts.

As for Krizancic, I hope he at least gets a shot at QB. He's the type of playmaker whom you the ball in his hands every play if possible. His Senior year highlights were beyond impressive.

The fact that we are discussing multiple players who can play multiple positions makes me nearly giddy. I can't remember the last time I saw so many if these discussions. I spoke to Billy Glasscock at length about why it seems that we go after so many QB-types. He said that in general, they are the best athlete at the school, and HS coaches gravitate toward playing them at QB.

Someone with some time should see how many HS QBs are on this team now. I bet at least a dozen, probably more.

I didnt forget him. I stand by my statement.

So Fruechte is going to go from playing in 25 games (starting 15) over the last two seasons to never seeing the field as a 5th-year senior? And a bunch of freshmen are going to play over him? That's an, um, "interesting" take.

So Fruechte is going to go from playing in 25 games (starting 15) over the last two seasons to never seeing the field as a 5th-year senior? And a bunch of freshmen are going to play over him? That's an, um, "interesting" take.

Patience is a virtue most sports fans lack, especially with glamor positions like WR.
Freuchte will play similar snaps as he did this year, Holland/Gentry/Krizanic will probably have to play too IMO, but they'll have about the same impact Wolitarsky/Jones did before the injury bug hit.
It's going to take the kids time to learn the routes and reads necessary to play meaningful minutes in this O.

I'll also say this: I think Jeff Jones plays alot in the slot if he does commit and qualify tommorow. He may end up playing more there this year than at the true RB spot.

OK. I certainly didn't mean he wouldn't see the field. What I meant is I think the others will make a bigger impact. I could be wrong, but that is my opinion. I'm not impressed with IF. Sorry if that hurts you.

Yep, I think this is the year Fruechte puts it all together. Sometimes it takes a few years for WR's to figure out all out and I hope this is his year.

Top Bottom