Conner Krizancic is Golden

You can massage it and attempt to spin it away any way you'd like, but your words are quoted above and plain for all to see. When reminded of your omission, you reinforced your initial stance, that Fruechte will not play in 2014. Want to triple down or just admit that you're wrong and move on?

Hold the phone, stop the presses, wait just one hot minute...I can't believe my eyes. Dpod is arguing his pointless point to the bitter end. This never happens and it is so much fun each and every time.

Okay, I finally found his senior yr highlites. Someone please tell me WHY he is not going to be a qb. This kid is so much better than Nelson in MHO. He is a better passer than McKinzey (sp?). He runs like Taylor Martinez. Yes, he'd be a great slot guy, but we need a passer like im that cn escape pressure and find open receivers and even hit someone when he's going down.

I agree, I don't know if he is better than anyone you mentioned, but with Nelson leaving the QB position is more thin than the WR position. I don't see how this kid doesn't get a serious look at QB to start. I could see this kid being/becoming the best QB on the roster. He is better, as a runner, than Nelson or Leidner already. Nelson had speed, but wasn't a great runner, he didn't have the balance and agility that Krizanic has. I think the QB competition will be really interesting.

Fruechte and Mayes are 2 different type of receivers....anyone who watches the games would know this. a radio listener wouldn't know it but on the field they compliment each others style.

Fruechte and Mayes are 2 different type of receivers....anyone who watches the games would know this. a radio listener wouldn't know it but on the field they compliment each others style.

I'd like to see some bigger strides from Mayes this year. He was probably a guy that should have red shirted, but Kill probably didn't have that luxury. Carter may push him this year.

I agree, I don't know if he is better than anyone you mentioned, but with Nelson leaving the QB position is more thin than the WR position. I don't see how this kid doesn't get a serious look at QB to start. I could see this kid being/becoming the best QB on the roster. He is better, as a runner, than Nelson or Leidner already. Nelson had speed, but wasn't a great runner, he didn't have the balance and agility that Krizanic has. I think the QB competition will be really interesting.

This.

He makes plays happen. We need someone like that at QB. I'm not saying he should start this year, but if he's given the opportunity, I think he'll earn it eventually.

This.

He makes plays happen. We need someone like that at QB. I'm not saying he should start this year, but if he's given the opportunity, I think he'll earn it eventually.

I wouldn't mind if this kid was given a chance at QB. However, I thought he looked dynamic with the ball in his hand and he could contribute pretty quickly at receiver. I thought Dimonic looked like he had a much better arm and it would be really tough for him to take snaps away from Streveler or Leidner. Our offense is desperately in need of more weapons and this kid is a weapon. So I wouldn't mind the staff giving him a look at QB, but I think this kid is just going to eat people up in the slot.

Has anybody seen more from him than highlights? I mean the passes in his highlight real look real nice. But everyone's throws in highlight reals look good.

I wouldn't mind if this kid was given a chance at QB. However, I thought he looked dynamic with the ball in his hand and he could contribute pretty quickly at receiver. I thought Dimonic looked like he had a much better arm and it would be really tough for him to take snaps away from Streveler or Leidner. Our offense is desperately in need of more weapons and this kid is a weapon. So I wouldn't mind the staff giving him a look at QB, but I think this kid is just going to eat people up in the slot.

He'll be a playmaker wherever he ends up at. You're right that he would probably have a more immediate impact at slot receiver, especially considering the lack of depth out wide. However if you gave him two years, I think he'd groom into a very solid QB.

He'll be a playmaker wherever he ends up at. You're right that he would probably have a more immediate impact at slot receiver, especially considering the lack of depth out wide. However if you gave him two years, I think he'd groom into a very solid QB.

You're 100% right. The kid is really good with the ball in his hand. He has some Jordan Lynch to him in that it doesn't make sense from a size/speed standpoint, but he is a great runner. Maybe this allows us to move Streveler to QB (if his thumb is really an issue).

Limegrover talked about him at WR (I guess we initially offered him as a JR when he was a WR) but it wouldn't shock me to see him at QB. Good problem to have!

just thought of Kain Colter starting out as a receiver

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Just found out ill be playing QB in the North/South game. Excited to get one more game in the backfield</p>— Conner Krizancic (@CjKrizancic_5) <a href="https://twitter.com/CjKrizancic_5/statuses/431132498647859200">February 5, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Just found out ill be playing QB in the North/South game. Excited to get one more game in the backfield</p>— Conner Krizancic (@CjKrizancic_5) <a href="https://twitter.com/CjKrizancic_5/statuses/431132498647859200">February 5, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Yeah, the staff seems set on him at WR.

I'm excited to see him, KJ Maye and Eric Carter fight out for PT.

I don't get it....I think he's the most impressive looking quarterback we've got. His throwing mechanics are good...he has good size, speed and clearly intangibles. And.....HE'S ONLY PLAYED ONE YEAR OF QUARTERBACK! I trust the staff to make the best decision.:cool02:

I don't get it....I think he's the most impressive looking quarterback we've got. His throwing mechanics are good...he has good size, speed and clearly intangibles. And.....HE'S ONLY PLAYED ONE YEAR OF QUARTERBACK! I trust the staff to make the best decision.:cool02:

I think it's hard to tell. Most of his throws are within 10 yards of the line of scrimmage and I think he really stands out when he is running the ball. But if he can throw (not saying he can't), he'd be a perfect fit at QB. He is a little slight to take the amount of hits our QBs are required to take.

In the highlights from the state championship game, he throws some BB's about 20-30 yards downfield (in cold conditions)....he absolutely threads the needle....just the types of throws I haven't seen our QB's make for a couple of years.

In the highlights from the state championship game, he throws some BB's about 20-30 yards downfield (in cold conditions)....he absolutely threads the needle....just the types of throws I haven't seen our QB's make for a couple of years.

Totally agree. He makes about 2 throws where he's being hit, and off balance and the ball goes right to an open receiver. His escapability is amazing, Kapernick like

You just wait. He is a real diamond in the rough of a QB. Before long, I predict that he will be snapping the football at center.

Limegrover himself said he is being brought in as a receiver. It stands to reason, barring catastrophe, that's where he will stay and for good reason. He could be a special WR for us. They're not even giving him lip service at the qb position like did they last year with our (soon to be) starting WR.

That said, maybe he comes in and wows the coaches at QB. I might be a downer but I didn't think his QB play was very refined vs his WR tape. Then again, I was in the anti-Nelson camp so YMMV. We all think we're great talent evaluators but what matters is the opinion of the coaches and they seem to agree with me.

Jr year WR highlights

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/o/501262/highlights/17269375

Yeah, the staff seems set on him at WR.

I'm excited to see him, KJ Maye and Eric Carter fight out for PT.

I had to pause a second because it seems like just yesterday we had a backlog of young guys at that spot with Marcus Jones, Harbison & Maye. Now we just have Maye, Carter & K as you said. Maye should be better, the staff likes Carter & even K could win some reps.

Remember. Phillip Nelson looked pretty good in high school too. Lets' just trust the staff...

Remember. Phillip Nelson looked pretty good in high school too. Lets' just trust the staff...

Not to mention we just recruited a dual threat qb who might be the answer.

Bottom line is we have depth and options, which are the keys to success.

I think Conner is pretty raw as a QB. He has the physical tools but if you watch his highlights I never saw him go through his progressions and sit in the pocket comfortably. It looked to me like he made one read and took off if it wasn't there on most of those plays. Since he's such a good athlete he could get away with that at that level. I do think he has potential as a QB but the staff must feel comfortable with Mckinzy and we have a bigger need at WR.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Limegrover himself said he is being brought in as a receiver. It stands to reason, barring catastrophe, that's where he will stay and for good reason. He could be a special WR for us. They're not even giving him lip service at the qb position like did they last year with our (soon to be) starting WR.

That said, maybe he comes in and wows the coaches at QB. I might be a downer but I didn't think his QB play was very refined vs his WR tape. Then again, I was in the anti-Nelson camp so YMMV. We all think we're great talent evaluators but what matters is the opinion of the coaches and they seem to agree with me.

Jr year WR highlights

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/o/501262/highlights/17269375

And Mason said Marion Barber was brought in as a DB. I'm sure the coaches will keep an open mind.

We have options, not depth. To me depth means you have known entities, we don't have that.

Top Bottom