Conner Krizancic is Golden

OK. I certainly didn't mean he wouldn't see the field. What I meant is I think the others will make a bigger impact. I could be wrong, but that is my opinion. I'm not impressed with IF. Sorry if that hurts you.

But that's not what you said. The coaching staff doesn't care whether you're impressed with Isaac Fruechte or not. I'm not "hurt" - I just love how people want to cast aside men who've bled maroon and gold for years so that they can insert the "next big thing" into the lineup. It's classic.

But that's not what you said. The coaching staff doesn't care whether you're impressed with Isaac Fruechte or not. I'm not "hurt" - I just love how people want to cast aside men who've bled maroon and gold for years so that they can insert the "next big thing" into the lineup. It's classic.

Yep. That's pretty much what I did. I named 5 WRs I think (my opinion) will have bigger impacts and now I've apparently casted aside a guy who bleeds M&G and anointed the next big thing. I didn't name Fruechte by name originally so I didn't diss him - you brought him up. I didn't claim stats/output from any of the 5 guys I listed - you claimed them as the next big thing for me. I didn't say the coaches care what I think or they should - I simply stated my opinion and reasoning on why I didn't list him originally.

Since you are concerned with "what I said" look at my original post. My point was that, IMO, Gentry will RS and Holland will not. Sometimes you see what you want to - or often what you want to argue.

Wolitarsky, Jones, Carter, Holland, Maye are the WRs we play with in 2014.

You can massage it and attempt to spin it away any way you'd like, but your words are quoted above and plain for all to see. When reminded of your omission, you reinforced your initial stance, that Fruechte will not play in 2014. Want to triple down or just admit that you're wrong and move on?

Yep. That's pretty much what I did. I named 5 WRs I think (my opinion) will have bigger impacts and now I've apparently casted aside a guy who bleeds M&G and anointed the next big thing. I didn't name Fruechte by name originally so I didn't diss him - you brought him up. I didn't claim stats/output from any of the 5 guys I listed - you claimed them as the next big thing for me. I didn't say the coaches care what I think or they should - I simply stated my opinion and reasoning on why I didn't list him originally.

Since you are concerned with "what I said" look at my original post. My point was that, IMO, Gentry will RS and Holland will not. Sometimes you see what you want to - or often what you want to argue.
You totally ignore the fact that Fruechte one heck of a blocker, with the staffs run first philosophy, he'll play a lot.

IMO if Fruechte doesn't step up this year and be that leader of the WR core out passing game is in trouble. I like Jones, Woli and Maye (and am optimistic about the Freshmen) but from my understanding a lot of our passing game is built on timing and gives a big advantage to those who know the play book and have had more reps. Last year Engel stepped up. Before that it was Barker. Hopefully this year it is Fruechte with Jones and Woli making big contributions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am not a video guy in the sense that, for the most part, I can't tell a good player from a bad player by looking at video highlights. Besides I have the philosophy that even a blind pig finds an acorn now and then - meaning even an average player, over the course of a season, will luck into enough good plays to put together a highlight reel.

That said, I was blown away by Conner Krizancic's highlight tape. The kid looks very fast, and it looks as if he has a strong arm as well. On his runs he was weaving in and out of defenders.

Was he playing against good competition? Why aren't more FBS schools recruiting him? What am I missing here? Can anyone bring me up to speed on this kid?

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/o/501262/highlights/63377376

reason for low rating and evals, imo, is probably due to not having a rock solid position. He looks like he could play QB a few years down the road as he just has some minor things to adjust in mechanics (again just my opinion in seeing the tape, not claiming to be an expert) and some little things like develop more pocket awareness, go through progressions etc.

however if you don't think he's a QB, where do you put him? he's not a blazer by any means but he's also not huge at 6 2 and 190 for WR purposes plus he hasn't played there. I'm guessing coaches are trying to figure out what position they could put him at and that would be the reason for low recruiting. I mean he did have looks/interest from some bigger schools, but if you don't know where you would put him that can be a hindrance in offering a kid.

You can massage it and attempt to spin it away any way you'd like, but your words are quoted above and plain for all to see. When reminded of your omission, you reinforced your initial stance, that Fruechte will not play in 2014. Want to triple down or just admit that you're wrong and move on?

Speaking of spin. You are the master. Never did I say he won't play. In fact, I said that I didn't mean that. I love what parts of posts and threads you do and don't remember. SPIN.

FTR, I'll stand by the fact that I think the other names listed will have a better year and contribute more than Issac. You can disagree or paint whatever picture you want of what else I am saying. My original point was that Gentry will redshirt and Holland won't. You can agree or disagree with that too. I really dont care man.

Maybe I'll be right on both and maybe on neither. If I'm not right on both I have no doubt you'll remember and remind me next December. Till then... Go Gophers!

Wolitarsky, Jones, Carter, Holland, Maye are the WRs we play with in 2014.

Once again - your words, in plain English.

These things would go a lot easier and more smoothly if you just said something along the lines of "yeah, my bad, forgot Fruechte" and then we'd all move on, rather than twist yourself into knots explaining how you didn't forget Fruechte, how you didn't say he wouldn't play (even though you very expressly did), oh wait, I didn't actually mean it when I said "we play with", I only meant "contribute more" even though that's not at all what I said, etc., etc., etc.

These things would go a lot easier and more smoothly if you just said something along the lines of "yeah, my bad, forgot Fruechte" and then we'd all move on, rather than twist yourself into knots explaining how you didn't forget Fruechte, how you didn't say he wouldn't play (even though you very expressly did), oh wait, I didn't actually mean it when I said "we play with", I only meant "contribute more" even though that's not at all what I said, etc., etc., etc.

"yeah, my bad, forgot Fruechte". I forgot any other WR that might step on the field at some point next year too. Sorry. You were right. Glad we cleared that up.

OK. I certainly didn't mean he wouldn't see the field. What I meant is I think the others will make a bigger impact. I could be wrong, but that is my opinion. I'm not impressed with IF. Sorry if that hurts you.

Plain as well.

It's highly likely that coach Kill and his staff will decide whether Holland and Gentry redshirt this fall based on how they and other players do during fall practice.

As for Krizancic, I hope he at least gets a shot at QB. He's the type of playmaker whom you the ball in his hands every play if possible. His Senior year highlights were beyond impressive.

FIFY

Also, getting back on topic, I think Krizancic is a great pick up. His tape is impressive. I felt kinda like I did when I first watched Troy Stoudimier's tape. Athlete! Keep going Kill!

Poor Conner - watched his thread get turned into a pi$$ing contest between two really full bladders

Everyone moved on along time ago except for you. The guy didn't mention the kid by name or take shots at him, but I will because there are some areas of concern with his performance that justify him not being on a list of our top five receivers next year. He's a receiver who even with the starts and games played you mentioned has a grand total of 32 receptions for his career and for the most part made the decision of the coaches to play Woli and Jones over him for the second half of the season pretty easy by not being any sort of difference maker. I personally think he regressed last year over '12 and had he played a little better, we likely could have redshirted at least one of the youngsters vs. throwing them into the mix. And, if he had played better, Spoofin probably would have had him on his list of contributing WRs for next year. Or maybe not, and even if not he didn't deserve the DP treatment here. Do we have to psycho-analyze what must be monumental personal shortcomings and insecurities again as you seem to have gotten back to your cyber bullying ways and the "I'm always the smartest guy in the room" methods here on this website where everyone should be able to share their thoughts and opinions without you laying into them like a complete jack@ss? Source, link?

Everyone moved on along time ago except for you.

Which is why you posted this just now.

take shots at him

Yes, he did. "I didnt forget him. I stand by my statement."

but I will because there are some areas of concern with his performance that justify him not being on a list of our top five receivers next year

Again, you can spin it any way you want, but he will most certainly be among the top five receivers next year. You can take it to the bank.

He's a receiver who even with the starts and games played you mentioned has a grand total of 32 receptions for his career

In a running offense? There's a big surprise!!

and for the most part made the decision of the coaches to play Woli and Jones over him for the second half of the season pretty easy by not being any sort of difference maker.

O RLY? Jones and his 2 career starts played over Fruechte for the second half of the season, huh?

P.S. Not every player has to be a "difference maker". Everyone plays their role, and some are less glamorous than others. Those of us who know football know Fruechte can play and will be taking his fair share of snaps next year.

I personally think he regressed last year over '12 and had he played a little better

Based on what? Receptions and receiving yards? How do you know what his defined role is? Were you in the meetings? I'd say based on the fact that he saw the field in all 13 games that he was playing up to the coaches' acceptable standards.

we likely could have redshirted at least one of the youngsters vs. throwing them into the mix.

Oh, so when Jones and Wolitarsky played in the first game of the season, it was already decided that Fruechte was terrible and had regressed from 2012? On the basis of the zero games played up to that point? Interesting.

he didn't deserve the DP treatment here

What does this mean, exactly?

Do we have to psycho-analyze what must be monumental personal shortcomings and insecurities again as you seem to have gotten back to your cyber bullying ways and the "I'm always the smartest guy in the room" methods here on this website where everyone should be able to share their thoughts and opinions without you laying into them like a complete jack@ss? Source, link?

Nope, nothing more than pointing out an obvious omission. I didn't lay into anyone. In fact, my response consisted of one word. Then the two of you have to get all contorted into knots rather than just admit a simple omission. But oh, right - I'm the bad guy.

Again, you can spin it any way you want, but he will most certainly be among the top five receivers next year. You can take it to the bank.

O RLY? Jones and his 2 career starts played over Fruechte for the second half of the season, huh?

P.S. Not every player has to be a "difference maker". Everyone plays their role, and some are less glamorous than others. Those of us who know football know Fruechte can play and will be taking his fair share of snaps next year.

Based on what? Receptions and receiving yards? How do you know what his defined role is? Were you in the meetings? I'd say based on the fact that he saw the field in all 13 games that he was playing up to the coaches' acceptable standards.

Oh, so when Jones and Wolitarsky played in the first game of the season, it was already decided that Fruechte was terrible and had regressed from 2012? On the basis of the zero games played up to that point? Interesting.

Nope, nothing more than pointing out an obvious omission. I didn't lay into anyone. In fact, my response consisted of one word. Then the two of you have to get all contorted into knots rather than just admit a simple omission. But oh, right - I'm the bad guy.

And, I rest my case. Wow.

ehane5at.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

he said played. not started. which they both did play more, at least to my eyes, than Fruechte down the 2nd half stretch of the season.

again, personally in my own assessment, he appeared to have some issues with connecting w/ the QB on various routes. don't know if this is his fault or the QBs but it is always a combo, which is on him as an upper classman. Route running is a role that's the same for everyone. run them crisp, clean, and consistent. he appeared to struggle with this at times imho.

there is an offseason. Perhaps that is where it was gleaned he had regressed by OP.

Neither of you needs to get so bent out of shape. In terms of receiving talent, Fruechte might be behind some other guys, but the kid works damn hard (which no one has refuted) and Kill rewards those guys, especially when they block as hard as Fruechte does. He will play; how much will remain to be seen as much of it is going to depend on who our QB is going forward and who can drum up some chemistry with our QB. Let's just relax a little and discuss Krizancic

I came to this thread looking to hear about this QB/WR/S recruit and all I see is a few people arguing about their own opinions. I'm sure we will see what Kill does with his own recruits. Looks like a great get though, loved the video of him especially if he is truly playing some of the best in the nation.

I came to this thread looking to hear about this QB/WR/S recruit and all I see is a few people arguing about their own opinions. I'm sure we will see what Kill does with his own recruits. Looks like a great get though, loved the video of him especially if he is truly playing some of the best in the nation.

Welcome to GopherHole, Dannyboy. You new here? :)

Welcome Mr Conner Krizanic, I'm late to the party but welcome to the Gopher family. SKI-U-Mah! Just another Brick in the wall.
I can get used to having all all of these Solid Gold bricks. Go Gophers

Okay, I finally found his senior yr highlites. Someone please tell me WHY he is not going to be a qb. This kid is so much better than Nelson in MHO. He is a better passer than McKinzey (sp?). He runs like Taylor Martinez. Yes, he'd be a great slot guy, but we need a passer like im that cn escape pressure and find open receivers and even hit someone when he's going down.

If you can't run with the big dogs, stay on the porch. Or better yet, keep your nose out of other people's conversations.

If by big dog, you mean a$$hole. Yes, you are definitely one of the biggest dogs on this board.

No link, no source, just my opinion.

Yeah fairly new. Used to read some of the threads and decided to become a gopherhole member now that I actually attend the U as well.

Whew...that was a really tiresome conversation. That's one individual who would be extremely wearisome to talk to at parties.

Top Bottom