Conner Krizancic is Golden

diefirma

Reaction score
Conner Krizancic video blows me away

I am not a video guy in the sense that, for the most part, I can't tell a good player from a bad player by looking at video highlights. Besides I have the philosophy that even a blind pig finds an acorn now and then - meaning even an average player, over the course of a season, will luck into enough good plays to put together a highlight reel.

That said, I was blown away by Conner Krizancic's highlight tape. The kid looks very fast, and it looks as if he has a strong arm as well. On his runs he was weaving in and out of defenders.

Was he playing against good competition? Why aren't more FBS schools recruiting him? What am I missing here? Can anyone bring me up to speed on this kid?

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/o/501262/highlights/63377376

I am not a video guy in the sense that, for the most part, I can't tell a good player from a bad player by looking at video highlights. Besides I have the philosophy that even a blind pig finds and acorn now and then - meaning even an average player, over the course of a season, will luck into enough good plays to put together a highlight reel.

That said, I was blown away by Conner Krizancic's highlight tape. The kid looks very fast, and it looks as if he has a strong arm as well. On his runs he was weaving in and out of defenders.

Was he playing against good competition? Why aren't more FBS schools recruiting him? What am I missing here? Can anyone bring me up to speed on this kid?

They lost 55-52 to the Midwest's #1 ranked team, Archbishop Moeller (Gentry's HS). Mentor finished #8 in Midwest. Having said that, on December 13, they had a #26 National Ranking.

http://www.maxpreps.com/news/NhUQot...west-top-25-high-school-football-rankings.htm

CLEVELAND, Ohio — Here are the 2013 cleveland.com football All-Stars for offense, highlighted by Offensive Player of the Year Conner Krizancic from Mentor. See below for a feature on Krizancic, first-team player capsules, videos, a poll and honorable mentions.

Tell us what you think of the choices in the comments section below.

Offensive Player of the Year: Conner Krizancic, Mentor

Conner Krizancic always knew in the back of his mind that he would be Mentor’s quarterback during his senior season.

He just didn’t know how good he would be.

In his first season as a varsity quarterback, Krizancic exceeded his own expectations, leading the Cardinals to the Division I state title game while throwing for 3,230 yards and 32 touchdowns. He also ran for 1,455 yards and 23 touchdowns.

Was there a transition period? Sure. Krizancic hadn’t played quarterback since his freshman year of high school. But after a few weeks, he got comfortable, and put up numbers worthy of receiving cleveland.com’s Offensive Player of the Year for the 2013 football season.

Here, he reflects on his life and notable high school career, as told to the Northeast Ohio Media Group.

That just felt funny to me to be at quarterback. The guys weren’t used to me throwing the ball and my arm was not ready, it wasn’t strong enough.

I think in practice I was a little afraid to throw the long ball. If he wasn’t open, I was gonna tuck it under and run the ball. I think I grew into comfort throwing the long passes.

It was hard for me to stay in the pocket early on and trust my O-line, but once I realized how much time I really had it was easy to stay in there and make plays downfield.

As a receiver I probably watched film once a week if I wasn’t in season. Seven months from the season I’m watching film three times per week, I’ve never done that before, but I think it helped me a ton.

I don’t know if many people know how good of friends Mitch Trubisky and I are. We were definitely best friends for the last five years. I talked to him a bunch at the beginning of the year. He’d always ask me how I was doing. Mitch helped me a ton and told me to stay confident and everything would come together. (Trubisky was Mentor’s former QB and won Mr. Football last season).

Our own receivers were asking me, ‘Hey how do you think you’ll do this year?’ and I was like, ‘Over a 1,000 yards passing I’ll be happy.’ I never could have expected this.

I know people don’t like him off the field, but I love Johnny Manziel. He’s the background on my phone. I just love watching him play. He’s amazing and that’s what I was trying to be at quarterback.

No plays off.

I don’t know when this started but I just knock on my knee pad before every play. It’s like knocking on wood, but I don’t have any wood. I don’t know why I do that.

I can adapt to new situations. Learn to be comfortable outside my comfort zone. It was tough moving to from receiver to quarterback at the beginning of the year, but I loved it at the end and I grew very comfortable.

I hope signs. Although he is being recruited as a WR, his future may be at QB.

You'd have to be impressed when a kid gets POY after playing QB his Senior year.

I see him more likely to be a QB then Dimonic.

I see him more likely to be a QB then Dimonic.

I think this kid is quite a bit more athletic than Dimonic. I don't know if Dimonic has another position if it's not QB. Therefore, I think it's a certainty that Dimonic stays at QB. This kid, he seems to be able to play QB, WR, or S. I really hope he signs, because he looks dynamic.

I think this kid is quite a bit more athletic than Dimonic. I don't know if Dimonic has another position if it's not QB. Therefore, I think it's a certainty that Dimonic stays at QB. This kid, he seems to be able to play QB, WR, or S. I really hope he signs, because he looks dynamic.

Watching film, I'd say that Dimonic has the stronger arm and maybe faster legs (if not just as fast). The times he did run, he escaped pressure very well.

Welcome aboard!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Huge pickup!

I don't know if this kid ends up at QB, WR, S but he is a great athlete. He put up over 50 TDs against the best competition in the country, he's an enormous pickup.

Welcome aboard!

This kid makes plays!!! I'm excited about him!!! Awesome!!!! Our offense is going to be much better next year with the
red shirts, the recruits, the experience returning, the o-line depth etc etc. !!!!

Huge pickup!

I don't know if this kid ends up at QB, WR, S but he is a great athlete. He put up over 50 TDs against the best competition in the country, he's an enormous pickup.

I wonder why he's a low 3 star with those kind of numbers and that tape. Lack of a solidified position maybe?

Either way, I really am optimistic about how this class is going to look 3 years from now.

Watched the videos. I know it is highlights but the running and passing combo is fun to watch. Looks like a talent. Hope he turns out to be the real deal.

He looks good. The competition appears to be plenty strong - a glance at the sidelines indicates that their rosters are huge, suggesting (but not proving) that there is a lot of competition to get on the field. Went to grad school with a guy from there, they pronounce it something like, "Menor," the "t'" pretty much gets ignored, kind of like how Canadians skip the second T in Toronto. Go Gophers!

this probably isn't the right thread for it but so everybody sees it Christian Campbell just committed to Penn State per Burns's twitter

this probably isn't the right thread for it but so everybody sees it Christian Campbell just committed to Penn State per Burns's twitter

The right thread would probably be the "Christian Campbell to Penn State" thread.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Officially committed to the University of Minnesota. I'm excited to be a <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23GoldenGopher&src=hash">#GoldenGopher</a>!! <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23B1G&src=hash">#B1G</a> <a href="http://t.co/5qnknuy86K">pic.twitter.com/5qnknuy86K</a></p>— Conner Krizancic (@CjKrizancic_5) <a href="https://twitter.com/CjKrizancic_5/statuses/430508624046075905">February 4, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Great news and welcome aboard Conner!!! WOW, Kill and company have done a wonderful job addressing the receiver position! If we lock down Jones we have really kicked things up a notch athletically on the offensive side of the ball. We have some guys now that can really stretch the field.

I wonder why he's a low 3 star with those kind of numbers and that tape. Lack of a solidified position maybe?

Either way, I really am optimistic about how this class is going to look 3 years from now.

Yeah, it's tough to tell.

It's like you've said, he doesn't have an obvious position. He looked good at QB, but he only played the position for 1 season. He doesn't have great size for a WR (not bad, but he is smaller than Holland or Gentry).

His junior highlights (WR/RB/DB) are really impressive, but he is a certain kind of WR. He seems like a guy who is much more dynamic with the ball in his hand than he is on jump balls/blowing b people ala Gentry. So, his receiving skills don't seem as natural as like a Gentry's. However, when he has the ball in his hands, he is dynamic.

I don't know if this kid ends up at QB, WR or S, but he is REALLY good with the ball in his hand.

Mini Wes Welker? Seems pretty fast and elusive, love the three wideouts we've added.

Top Bottom