Badgers Offer Keelon Brookins

Woah, I just got owned. I clearly picked the wrong, "You Mad Bro?" gif.

I beg your forgiveness, for you are a graduate of the University of Minnesota; a school that is academically inferior to to the University of Wisconsin according to virtually every reputable source.

Check out the rankings table on the right...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/University_of_Wisconsin–Madison#Rankings
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/University_of_Minnesota#Rankings
ha
the University of Minnesota; a school that is academically inferior to to the University of Wisconsin according to virtually every reputable source. hahahahaha I'm laughing too hard again! You're such a petite entertainer.
Here is a reminder for you and it is just one resource.
http://grad-schools.usnews.rankings...ols/top-humanities-schools/economics-rankings
In the world of economic policy makers, people find UW grads a mere afterthought. To speak more bluntly, they don’t worth a dime. You and Jackie O are the unashamed people who would like to spend most of your time by bragging what you can. You may be an educated person, but you don’t have any sort manner that should represent a college graduate. I do feel sorry for you. You obviously have been spending too much time in your little pond. Please try to know more about the world out there. You’re having some of the syndromes for the employees who are at the lowest level of cooperate food chain. One of them is “I’m going to brag, parade and flaunt what I can.”

ha
the University of Minnesota; a school that is academically inferior to to the University of Wisconsin according to virtually every reputable source. hahahahaha I'm laughing too hard again! You're such a petite entertainer.
Here is a reminder for you and it is just one resource.
http://grad-schools.usnews.rankings...ols/top-humanities-schools/economics-rankings
In the world of economic policy makers, people find UW grads a mere afterthought. To speak more bluntly, they don’t worth a dime. You and Jackie O are the unashamed people who would like to spend most of your time by bragging what you can. You may be an educated person, but you don’t have any sort manner that should represent a college graduate. I do feel sorry for you. You obviously have been spending too much time in your little pond. Please try to know more about the world out there. You’re having some of the syndromes for the employees who are at the lowest level of cooperate food chain. One of them is “I’m going to brag, parade and flaunt what I can.”

What the hell does this even mean?

You do realize that the link you provided goes to the rankings for graduate-level economics programs, right? That applies to maybe .1% of students enrolled at Wisconsin...

Seriously dude, get off.

Again, I'm not going to play with myself and climax in front of you. I know you want it so badly, but I just don't swing that way. I'm sorry that my lack of interest in you or your penis is disappointing to you.

What the hell does this even mean?

You do realize that the link you provided goes to the rankings for graduate-level economics programs, right? That applies to maybe .1% of students enrolled at Wisconsin...

I mean you're full of yourself. So now you're essentially saying graduate program is not an academic program. Oh I forget they are not the main reasons for existence of the research universities.

I mean you're full of yourself. So now you're essentially saying graduate program is not an academic program. Oh I forget they are not the main reasons for existence of the research universities.

No, I merely am pointing out that a single program's ranking is not a good measure of a university's total worth. Furthermore, the U.S. News rankings have absolutely nothing to do with U.S. policy makers. US News rankings are based solely on peer review assessments.

Honestly, where do you come up with this stuff?

Again, I'm not going to play with myself and climax in front of you. I know you want it so badly, but I just don't swing that way. I'm sorry that my lack of interest in you or your penis is disappointing to you.

He and Chadima have a bit of an obsession with dicks.

y13WZ.jpg

Go to NYC, Philly or Asia and try to communicate with people who're in charge of economic policy. You will figure out what I mean. If you’re thinking the ranking of Econ Depts. Or Schools are not related to the US econ policy making, you’re kidding yourself. U Chicago and U Mn gradates thoroughly dominate the economy policy making world. The rank and file positions at the Federal Reserve are usually occupied by graduates from UMN, UChicago, Harvard, MIT cand Cal. Not UW graduates. Hope you can see the correlation.

Go to NYC, Philly or Asia and try to communicate with people who're in charge of economic policy. You will figure out what I mean. If you’re thinking the ranking of Econ Depts. Or Schools are not related to the US econ policy making, you’re kidding yourself. U Chicago and U Mn gradates thoroughly dominate the economy policy making world. The rank and file positions at the Federal Reserve are usually occupied by graduates from UMN, UChicago, Harvard, MIT cand Cal. Not UW graduates. Hope you can see the correlation.

http://ideas.repec.org/top/top.econdept.html

This source has UW at #29 and Minnesota at #43.

This one has both in the top 25 http://graduate-school.phds.org/rankings/economics/rank/basic

I'm pretty sure I'm the only Badger fan ITT, and I don't think any rational person would consider my actions to be "butt hurt" in anyway.

Update on Keelon: he will be making a "decision" in the next few days according to some premium sites. One of the BadgerBlitz mods seems to believe he will be flipping soon, and the 247 mod seems to think there is a good chance as well.

Not saying he will, and I'm not trying to flame, I'm just passing along the information I've heard.

Not to take away from the pissing contest but if he actually said "I'm going to make my decision soon," then that doesn't sound good for the Gophers, but I could be wrong

Where's your link with this data? I would like to see a list showing how many of these "policy makers" went to a specific graduate economics program. If you could also provide a link showing how many of these policy makers actually attained a graduate degree in economics, that would be great too. Thanks.

http://ideas.repec.org/top/top.econdept.html

This source has UW at #29 and Minnesota at #43.

LSE is not even in the top 10? Must be very good ranking. Keep believing in that kind of gibberish ranking. Do you even know what LSE stands for?
hahahahaha You just can't seems to accept that fact that UMN is much superior to UW in Econ policy making world. Just try to talk to real people out there too. UMN Econ. Dep is laden with Nobel laureates for at least 5 decades.

This site "ranks" the programs by the number of citations. Meaning that the staff that writes the most papers and lists them on this site has a higher ranking.

For their own FAQ:

How can I improve my ranking?
Write more papers. But you knew that.

I'm honestly not even reading them, I just looked at the rankings provided at the top of a basic Google search. Throw that one out then haha.

LSE is not even in the top 10? Must be very good ranking. Keep believing in that kind of gibberish ranking. Do you even know what LSE stands for?
hahahahaha You just can't seems to accept that fact that UMN is much superior to UW in Econ policy making world. Just try to talk to real people out there too. UMN Econ. Dep is laden with Nobel laureates for at least 5 decades.

Honestly, I could not care less about the UW economic graduate school ranking. UW>UM academically. That's what matters. I'm not pursuing a graduate degree in economics, and neither are 99.99% of the people in the U.S.

Honestly, I could not care less about the UW economic graduate school ranking. UW>UM academically. That's what matters. I'm not pursuing a graduate degree in economics, and neither are 99.99% of the people in the U.S.

But your life is going to be dictated by those who pursue that area. So, deal with it. Important things such as inflation, interest rate are going to be very integral part of your life. UW grads are not in that important club.
I don't care about underwater basket weaving majors.

Yup...in a ranking where 15% of the score is peer assessment survey, and 7.5% of the score is attributed to high school counselor ratings. Also chip in 5% of the score to alumni giving.

There are so many holes in the US News rankings that few serious people put too much credence into it.

But your life is going to be dictated by those who pursue that area. So, deal with it. Important things such as inflation, interest rate are going to be very integral part of your life. UW grads are not in that important club.
Still waiting on your data. While you are at it, can you please give your definition of a US economic policy maker? Also, if you could provide a single source of evidence showing that UM graduates are somehow affecting economic policy in an meaningful way, that'd be awesome. Thanks
I don't care about underwater basket weaving majors.
I think you are trying to make a point here, but I'm not quite sure what it is...

I assume you have a business degree and working for a private company. But your lack of knowledge on US economy really amazes me. It is a honest observation. I sincerely hope I’m totally wrong with my observation.
Just a wow.

I assume you have a business degree and working for a private company. But your lack of knowledge on US economy really amazes me. It is an honest observation. I sincerely hope I’m totally wrong with my observation.
Just a wow.

That is completely correct. Can you explain to me what that link is supposed to be and what a CV refers to, please? It just looks like a list of economists who work at the Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.

Top Bottom