All Things Tubby Smith Thread UPDATED 5/27: Vince Taylor joins Tubby at TTech

Status
Not open for further replies.

txtech refuting? maybe lubbockinsider was the AP source

Doogie tweets the deal is at least 6 years at 1.3-1.5 million a year.

Congrats Tubby...I'm sure you will do a great job and make many Gopher fans regret the decision of letting you go. It's Tubbytime in TT.

He is a fun guy...the honeymoon will be over though after they watch his team try and run a coherent offense or inbounds play. Good for Saul...he continues to suck from the teat, milk it while you can

Doubt Saul will be an assistant.

Congrats Tubby...I'm sure you will do a great job and make many in MN regret the decision of letting you go. It's Tubbytine in TT.

Doubt Saul will be an assistant.

I bet he is...the stories I hear from when Billy Clyde was there that the cops drove him home from the bars drunk as a skunk to keep him out of trouble, Saul might want to get on that program

I bet he is...the stories I hear from when Billy Clyde was there that the cops drove him home from the bars drunk as a skunk to keep him out of trouble, Saul might want to get on that program
I think Tech is done with coaches son's after Pat Knight.

The standing offense will be taught in Lubbock. I hope the Red Raider fans enjoy it.

Tubby will do better than what happened this year, so the fans will be happy for a couple years and meanwhile Minnesota will get a coach who will actually run an offense. It's a win-win!

Oops, Tyrus a Red Raider? Tubby needs to pack a pair of six shooters. Lubbock one of
the highest in the state for registered gun holders.

I expect he'll make Texas Tech competitive quickly, much like he did here, and much like Bob Knight did when he arrived in Lubbock.

Knight was over .500 in the conference in four of his six full seasons in Lubbock. How confident are you that Tubby will do that there even once?

I'm happy for Tubby and I think he'll do an ok job there. They are in absolute shambles and they could use a professional coach who will provide stability. I think he'll do a decent job there and it will probably be pretty similar to our situation. He'll finish mostly under .500 and he will occasionally make an NCAA tournament.

I'm surprised that Tubby would want the job. I'd rather coach at a lesser school than move to Lubbock, considering the amount of money he's already made in his career. It's tough there.

Good luck Tubby!

The standing offense will be taught in Lubbock. I hope the Red Raider fans enjoy it.

Tubby will do better than what happened this year, so the fans will be happy for a couple years and meanwhile Minnesota will get a coach who will actually run an offense. It's a win-win!

There come Tiny. GopherHole people keep deleting my posts. I am not sure why??? However, they keep your coming. They must agree with your BS.

Tubby must be keeping the interim coach Walker on staff then. No other way Frazier goes to TT.

A typical GH post. You have no idea what you are talking about. You just read something from their website. Didn't you?

If Tubby ends up taking the TT job, good for him. I wish him well, and appreciate his time at the U, and getting us to 3 NCAA appearances. That said, I'm more than ready to move on to a new coach who can hypothetically take our Gophs to improved stature in the Big Ten standings (i.e. - finishing in the Big 10 above .500)

But the most important question is still unanswered (near as I can tell). If Tubby is hired, are we absolved of the buyout $$? Any of it? All of it?

I'm happy for Tubby and I think he'll do an ok job there. They are in absolute shambles and they could use a professional coach who will provide stability. I think he'll do a decent job there and it will probably be pretty similar to our situation. He'll finish mostly under .500 and he will occasionally make an NCAA tournament.

I'm surprised that Tubby would want the job. I'd rather coach at a lesser school than move to Lubbock, considering the amount of money he's already made in his career. It's tough there.

Good luck Tubby!

Same here - wish him well.

Tubby seemed like a good guy and wish him well; however, I really have a hard time cheering for Tech. Their football team was dirty and their fans were giant dinks before and after the bowl game.

@gophersnow: Hearing that Smith's son, Saul, will likely not be joining Tubby at Texas Tech.

Go Gophers!!

I am actually surprised Tubby wanted another job. He did not seem to be enjoying himself much the last couple months. I wish him luck and good health but, Lubbock? Really?

Couldn't he have done better if he had waited a bit?

@sethdavishoops: I like Tubby Smith but the fact that Texas Tech would turn to him when there are so many qualified, hungry assts. out there is perplexing.

Go Gophers!!

I bet Saul ends up on his brother's staff. His bro coaches some small school in Maryland.

@sethdavishoops: I like Tubby Smith but the fact that Texas Tech would turn to him when there are so many qualified, hungry assts. out there is perplexing.

Go Gophers!!

BUT I THOUGHT THE NATIONAL MEDIA WAS GOING TO MOCK US OVER THIS EMBARSSING TURN OF EVENTS!11!!!1! /JohnnyBoy18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom