All Things Tubby Smith Thread UPDATED 5/27: Vince Taylor joins Tubby at TTech

Status
Not open for further replies.

The place where former HOF coaches go to die...

I hope he goes. It would get ugly fast. Though I'd be a little nervous that he'd steal Buggs away since Buggs is from Texas.

Good for him. Tech is a dumpster fire, however.

Hopefully all of the Tubby apologists will move to a Tech board.

You have to admit - it would be ironic if Tubby landed a new job before the Gophers hired a new coach.

Actually, it wouldn't be ironic it would just be freakin' sad.

I expect that he would elevate that team and stabilize things - just like he did here initially.

Surprised a little that he's wanting to jump back into the pool so quickly. With the big buyout, there's a chance for him to recharge his batteries.

Let's hope when Minnesota moves on, it is for the head cheerleader and not Texas Tech.

I expect that he would elevate that team and stabilize things - just like he did here initially.

Surprised a little that he's wanting to jump back into the pool so quickly. With the big buyout, there's a chance for him to recharge his batteries.

Agreed. I predict two years much better than they'd had previously and then a dip / steady path.

They would have to pay me a ton of money to move to the dust bowl of Lubbock, TX.

I think Tubby seems like a nice guy and because of that I say this, I hope Tubby doesn't get the job.

They are in disarray, if he thought following Monson was tough, Texas Tech is in trouble.
Lubbock is a terrible place to live. He already has money, he's getting older. I'd go find a school in California, Arizona, Florida, etc where he can live comfortably and coach basketball.

Texas Tech could do worse, they need some stability. However, I don't think Tubby is a fit for the reasons mentioned. I think he'd check out.

I think Tubby seems like a nice guy and because of that I say this, I hope Tubby doesn't get the job.

They are in disarray, if he thought following Monson was tough, Texas Tech is in trouble.
Lubbock is a terrible place to live. He already has money, he's getting older. I'd go find a school in California, Arizona, Florida, etc where he can live comfortably and coach basketball.

Texas Tech could do worse, they need some stability. However, I don't think Tubby is a fit for the reasons mentioned. I think he'd check out.

UCLA....? :)

UCLA....? :)

I have not seen Orlando at all out here, so I don't think it's a possibility.

The Bruin fans would absolutely FREAK OUT. It'd be kind of worth it, but I really don't want to have to listen to more Tubby debate.

They have newer facilities and better weather, so already an upgrade over Minnesota in his eyes I guess.

I hope this moves fast, Saul needs a job.

Tubby is a good coach....he will be successful.

LOL Hope not. And if they let you "check the ball" instead of take it out of bounds, they might win a game in the conference tourney.

That would be nice. Those inbounds plays are too complicated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom