All Things 2024-25 Vikings Regular Season Thread

Did JJ McCarthy hurt his knee due to our turf? Just asking and wondering.

I don't want to extend darnold. Whole point of 1st round QB is to be able to spend in other spots

I agree, but an extension to Darnold at the right time gives them a movable asset at some point if he's under contract.

The key would be the timing; you don't want to extend him before you know what he's capable of but I would think there's a certain point where Darnold would not take an extension because he knows he could cash in during next spring's offseason.

At the end of the day, if Darnold can take the Vikings to even somewhere around a .500 record, he is most definitely going to sign a hefty contract next offseason. It would be nice to have a movable asset in that scenario

Apparently JJ's recovery time is estimated as 3-4 months, so perhaps a late season appearance is not out of the question?

Rich Gannon was just on the radio. He has many connections.

He was hinting JJ may have been the opening day starter and at the least would have played a ton this year.

Anyone else hear this? He's not saying this without knowing some behind the scenes stuff.

Didn’t see this posted anywhere, they just said on NFL Live that Cashman suffered a finger injury which required surgery; KOC, said he’ll be available once he’s healed - no timeline provided.

giphy.gif

sounds like Addison is out for about 3 weeks with a high ankle sprain - at least that's what I'm seeing from various sources on Twitter.

Can he voluntarily request his suspension at the beginning of the season to ensure he’s good and healthy when he comes back 😄

I was wondering that myself. but I think the NFL will wait to issue any suspension until after Addison's criminal case is dealt with. He is scheduled for arraignment and a plea hearing on October 7th. If his attorneys work out some kind of a plea deal - as I understand the process - then after that, the NFL would likely issue any punishment. so Addison will have time to get healthy before any suspension.

on the plus side, Hockenson should be back by that time.

I was wondering that myself. but I think the NFL will wait to issue any suspension until after Addison's criminal case is dealt with. He is scheduled for arraignment and a plea hearing on October 7th. If his attorneys work out some kind of a plea deal - as I understand the process - then after that, the NFL would likely issue any punishment. so Addison will have time to get healthy before any suspension.

on the plus side, Hockenson should be back by that time.
Considering how this season is already playing out, I'm just hoping his suspension gets dealt with in 2024 and doesn't drag into next year.

Top 10 pick and stud CB/DT here we come!

Vikings add Matt Corral as a backup QB candidate.

Corral was the QB at Ole Miss, serving as the primary starter in 2020 & 2021. 3rd round draft for Carolina. Missed rookie season with a foot injury. was briefly in camp with the Patriots. wound up playing for Birmingham in the UFL this year.

from his Wikipedia page:

He later attended Oaks Christian School in Westlake Village, California, before transferring to Long Beach Polytechnic High School in Long Beach, California.[2] He later stated he switched schools due to Oaks Christian being for "rich kids" that were "never going to have to work a day in their lives", as well as a physical altercation with a son of Wayne Gretzky that finalized his decision to transfer.[3]

Vikings add Matt Corral as a backup QB candidate.

Corral was the QB at Ole Miss, serving as the primary starter in 2020 & 2021. 3rd round draft for Carolina. Missed rookie season with a foot injury. was briefly in camp with the Patriots. wound up playing for Birmingham in the UFL this year.

from his Wikipedia page:

He later attended Oaks Christian School in Westlake Village, California, before transferring to Long Beach Polytechnic High School in Long Beach, California.[2] He later stated he switched schools due to Oaks Christian being for "rich kids" that were "never going to have to work a day in their lives", as well as a physical altercation with a son of Wayne Gretzky that finalized his decision to transfer.[3]
I always liked him at Ole Miss. Don't think he'll ever play regularly in NFL, but could be adequate backup.

Maybe I'm the only one who feels this way, but I find it very annoying that Vikings preseason broadcasts are more about interviews during the game than the game itself.
I would rather hear about who is catching, tackling, throwing, or running during the game than about Harrison's family, hobbies, or his thoughts about the new kickoff rule.
Same with Kwesi's interview during the whole second quarter. No new info was shared so spare me.
Vikes got a 3 and out, but not a word was said about which players were involved or what those players did. Instead had the Aaron Jones interview.
Even when not interviewing, PA and buddy get away from calling the game. A Viking makes a good play and I have no idea who it is.

Last edited:

Maybe I'm the only one who feels this way, but I find it very annoying that Vikings preseason broadcasts are more about interviews during the game than the game itself.
I would rather hear about who is catching, tackling, throwing, or running during the game than about Harrison's family, hobbies, or his thoughts about the new kickoff rule.
Same with Kwesi's interview during the whole second quarter. No new info was shared so spare me.
Vikes got a 3 and out, but not a word was said about which players were involved or what those players did. Instead had the Aaron Jones interview.
Even when not interviewing, PA and buddy get away from calling the game. A Viking makes a good play and I have no idea who it is.
Yeah. At least save it for the 4th quarter.

It was against scrubs but Cine was everywhere. Coming back from a terrible injury, it would be a huge boost to our secondary if he can contribute.

Is it too early to start the "Tank for Travis" campaign? Caleb Williams has looked very good thus far.

Top Bottom