All Things 2012-2013 Gopher Women's Basketball Season Thread

yeah, Kenisha Bell decommitted after her stock sky rocketed after Nike nationals and now is rethinking, idk who the new recruit pam was mentioning zs of right now

Pam Borton had mentioned on twitter 4 days ago how they had added another member in the 2014 class to the "Gopher Family". Any idea who that is?

And has Kenisha Bell decommitted in the 2014 class? She is a great talent was #18 in the class, don't know what she is now.

Bell did decommit, not sure why, but Minnesota is reportedly still on her radar. Carlie Wagner from NRHEG is in the 2014 class also and the Gophers are recruiting her. She is ranked #1 in the state by gprep.net, Bell is #2.

The 2014 recruit is 6'5'' Josie Buckingham from Ohio.
http://cincinnati.com/blogs/recruit...sie-buckingham-verbally-commits-to-minnesota/

It's too bad, because a lineup of this in 2014 would be awesome!

G- Rachel Banham
G- Kenisha Bell
G- Mikayla Bailey
F- Kayla Hirt
C- Amanda Zahui B.

It's too bad, because a lineup of this in 2014 would be awesome!

G- Rachel Banham
G- Kenisha Bell
G- Mikayla Bailey
F- Kayla Hirt
C- Amanda Zahui B.

Wow. MN will return 5 starters next year--Banham (sophomore) , Mullaney (freshman), Noga (junior), Kellogg (junior) and Riche (junior). It is unlikely that 4 of the 5 will sit down next year.

Had a really impressive first half tonight although other than Hill, Ohio State didn't impress. Key stat was 22 offensive rebounds to 29 total rebounds by OS. They had a couple of players out there at the same time who could have been related to Mo both in build and quickness. Starting to think this year might turn the tide since Banham and Riche are really, really good but with Borton coaching, who the hell knows.

Too early to tell if they are a tournament team with the B1G teams they have played. I was surprised how long they hung around @ Michigan State, but this Ohio State they beat last night is a different (in a bad way) compared to what they had with Prahalis there.

Their stretch coming up will tell a lot against 4 teams would could make the dance will Illinois coming around .. @ #12 Purdue (Thurs), v. Nebraska (Jan 20), @ #8 Penn State (Jan 24), vs. Illinois (Jan 28)

Too early to tell if they are a tournament team with the B1G teams they have played. I was surprised how long they hung around @ Michigan State, but this Ohio State they beat last night is a different (in a bad way) compared to what they had with Prahalis there.

Their stretch coming up will tell a lot against 4 teams would could make the dance will Illinois coming around .. @ #12 Purdue (Thurs), v. Nebraska (Jan 20), @ #8 Penn State (Jan 24), vs. Illinois (Jan 28)

The bolded games are on BTN. If you haven't had a chance to watch, Banham is really fun to watch. Very remind-full on Lindsey.

Lady Gophers vs Nebraska today, Sunday, 5:00 PM(Central) BTN.

Panic time for the ladies. Down by 12 against a very average Nebraska team. One thing I've noticed in the few times I've seem them play. Horrible hands and awful court vision. When you not particular quick those are two big drawbacks.

Everybody looked awful. The driving in the lane, out of control, hanging in air, 30 mph bricks happened way too often last night and gave a really bad impression.

Banham and Riche are basically the whole team.

Everybody looked awful. The driving in the lane, out of control, hanging in air, 30 mph bricks happened way too often last night and gave a really bad impression.

Well, you can win with 63 points. You can't win giving up 84. Whatever weaknesses there are on offense ain't nothin' compared to the D.

Kyla Hirt. Does have the shooters mentality. Problem is, they don't go in. Don't know what she was like before the knee injury, but she lacks BIG quickness and you can tell she wasn't required to play defense in high school. It will be a 20-30 point loss against Penn State.

Gophers looked much better tonight than on Sunday, but fell at #8 Penn State 64-59. Gophers last led 47-45 before a 7-0 PSU run. 6 turnovers in the last 4:19 hurt.

Gophers looked much better tonight than on Sunday, but fell at #8 Penn State 64-59. Gophers last led 47-45 before a 7-0 PSU run. 6 turnovers in the last 4:19 hurt.

They looked really good tonight. Awful rebounding though.

Btw, for ESPNs bracketology, Minnesota is one of the 12 bubble teams listed. They have to get the wins now. A couple wins in the BT tony would help too!

Great effort by the ladies. RB still forces to many shots and turns the ball over Some of her shots are a " wing and prayer"

Wow, within 1 with 2:11 remaining, then 4 turnovers in final 5 possessions.

Kiona Kellogg is a huge joke! She calls herself.. A basketball player? What? She air balled a wide open layup tonight, missed another seperate one, can't rebound, and turns it over a ton!

Also, does Pam Borton even coach the team? It sure doesn't look like she does. They jack up shots that aren't even remotely close to the basket, turn it over about every other position (not even joking), and simply refuse to defend the perimeter.

Does Borton have them play H-O-R-S-E all practice or what?!

I wonder if Pam even notices how much quicker Illinois is? Banham? She is in a shooting because she takes out of control shots.

Horrible defense by the ladies. I think Betty White would drop in 20 points against our girls.

Lady Gophers trying to make a game of this/looking better. High scoring game-they should double the Gopher mens scores against Indy and NW.

I'm afraid Banham will never have the supporting cast as Linsey did.

Does Ill ever miss a 3 pter?.....that's 11 now.

I wonder if Pam even notices how much quicker Illinois is? Banham? She is in a shooting because she takes out of control shots.

Banham is just pure greatness! Many steals, a block, sank virtually every 3 point shot, and only 1 crazy shot tonight. Solid effort by her.

Wow great comeback.....Banham now with 27 this half.

Beats watching the men

Wow great comeback.....Banham now with 27 this half.

Beats watching the men

not many agree with you. there can't be more than 1000 people there.

tubby needs a banham type of verbal

Top Bottom