All Things 2012-2013 Gopher Women's Basketball Season Thread

Oops, I somehow missed seeing Mulligan's reply. Sorry.

Mulligan, I couldn't find the link for the story on the women's BB site. Any chance you can post it so I can see the story? Thanks in advance.

I'm not Mulligan, but it appears he may have gotten his quote from the Sue Short women's basketball forum. Here is a link to the page and you need to scroll down. The post includes a link to the original article but it is a Swedish site and you would need to translate it with Google.

http://mnwomensbb.shortstreet.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=5597&start=45

per the U:

Amanda Zahui B. Officially Joins Minnesota Women's Basketball 2012 Recruiting Class

Minnesota women’s basketball head coach Pam Borton announced Wednesday that Amanda Zahui B., a
6-foot-5 center from Stockholm, Sweden, signed to play for the Gophers this season. Zahui B. can join the team as early as Dec. 26.

The center originally signed a National Letter of Intent to play at Minnesota in May, but was not certified through the NCAA Eligibility Center in time to join the Gophers in the fall.

“I am very excited that Amanda will be joining the team this winter,” Borton said. “She worked extremely hard the last five months in order to become eligible, and it only reinforces how dedicated she is to becoming a Gopher.”

Zahui B. will bring size, strength, versatility, athleticism and experience to the Gophers’ roster in 2012-13, as she has proven to be one of the best players in Sweden. She has been an integral member of Sweden’s national team for the past six years and also plays in the Swedish League with her club team, Telge Basket, made up of the best talent in the country.

-UM-

Go Gophers!!

MINNESOTA STATE MANKATO TOOK ON THE UNIVERSITY OF MINNESOTA IN WOMEN'S BASKETBALL

Minnesota State Mankato traveled to Williams Arena for a women's basketball game. According to a press release by the University of Minnesota, “Minnesota State, a NCAA Division II program, is coming off a 2011-12 season in which it posted an 18-11 overall record. The Mavericks return five starters from last season, including its top two returners, sophomores Jamie Bresnahan and Aubrey Davis, who were each named to the NSIC All-Freshman Team a year ago. Bresnahan averaged 9.1 points and 6.9 rebounds per game and Davis averaged 10.6 points and 2.9 assists per game for Minnesota State.”

I also ran into Tubby Smith after the game and took the elevator down with him after the game. Some of the Gopher men were in attendance as they had gotten done with practice.

http://stevenssports.blogspot.com/2012/11/minnesota-state-mankato-took-on.html

Going to OT in game 1 vs. Washington State. 66-66 Wazzu hit a 3 with 7 seconds left to send it to OT.

Banham should be at the line shooting FT's to win the game, but no foul called. 75-75 going to 2OT.

Gophers survive 87-83 in 2OT.

Banham (34) and Riche (29) with career high in points.

Will play winner of South Dakota State/Villanova tomorrow at 1:00.

Banham should be at the line shooting FT's to win the game, but no foul called. 75-75 going to 2OT.

Certainly looked like a clean block on her from where I was. But she sure is fun to watch.

Gophers beat Villanova 75-60 in the Best Buy Classic title game.

2-0 for first time since 2007-2008.

Riche led the team with 20 points.

Awesome, Bleed. That short video makes my heart start pumpin and my corpuscles start jumpin. (quote from you know who.)

When my kids were growing up, they always wanted to be Gophers. Unfortunately, neither of them was talented enough. But WE are still Gopher Fans, through thick or thin, in all sports. (My daughter, who now lives in Phoenix, still asks about how the Rowing Team did.)

Go Gophers!!!

The Gophers are up 60-16 :eek: at halftime against Ohio in a Subway Classic semifinal at The Barn.

Minnesota 85, Ohio 40

Gophers play UNLV/Maine winner at 1 PM tomorrow.

Banham with 18 points and Riche with 9 pts 7 reb, while Sari Noga chipped in 14 pts. Also, Loberg made her season debut with a solids 12 pt, 5 reb performance.

can we move this onto a separate part of the site? I have nothing against women's b-ball, but isnt this tubby's barn?

can we move this onto a separate part of the site? I have nothing against women's b-ball, but isnt this tubby's barn?

A single thread about Womens Basketball is too much for you? When we have threads about players who have never played a minute for the Gophers? And threads about other teams that have no relevance to Tubby's Gophers?

This is a Gopher basketball forum. For some odd reason there is 'cute' name attached to it.

Gopher Women play in The Barn, too. Is there anything else you want to get pricky about?

Brenda Frese Returns...

Pam just got her 200th win. And as a reward she gets Maryland added to the league.

Pam should be just thrilled. You all do remember Pam made the 2004 NCAA Final Four with Brenda's players don't you?

This is the Gopher basketball forum, for men's and women's basketball. Before Tubby was hired, it was just called the Gophers Basketball Forum. Calling it Tubby's Barn doesn't imply that it became a forum only for the men's team.

Couple early season awards:

Micaella Riche was named Big 10 Player of the Week for Week 1 with her performance in the Best Buy Classic vs. Washington State and Villanova.

http://www.bigten.org/sports/w-baskbl/spec-rel/111212aaa.html

Mikayla Bailey was named Big Ten Freshman of the Week for Week 2 with her performance in the Subway Classic vs. Ohio and Maine.

http://www.bigten.org/sports/w-baskbl/spec-rel/111912aaa.html

Gophers receive 2 votes in the latest AP Poll released 11/20/12

http://espn.go.com/womens-college-basketball/rankings/_/poll/2

Well, FreeFall, you made a lot of friends with that comment. Care to recant it yet?

Riche has made huge leap forward this year. She is fitter and has now adjusted to the pace of the college game.

Gophers lose to Richmond 58-46 in Game 1 of the Cancun Challenge. They held a 26-23 halftime lead.

Riche led the way with 12 pts, 8 rebs, but had 7 turnovers. Gophers shot only 20% and had 20 TO's compared to 17 FGs and 8 assists.

They play James Madison tomorrow and Missouri on Saturday in Cancun.

A neutral-site women's game. Any guesses at attendance? 150, 200 tops?

Originally Posted by FreeFall View Post

Last I checked, the women played in the barn...

Top Bottom