2022-2023 Other Bowl Games Thread

So yeah, that said .... very much not looking forward to Gophers defense going against Maye next year.

Was flipping back and forth, so I didn't see a lot of him, but he seems to lack an explosive first step.

Nice night for Irving (I finally got it right). I get why he transferred, but I would have loved to have seen an Ibrahim/Irving thunder-and-lightning combo.
Irving had 149 yards on 13 carries and 106 yards on 4 returns. He looked really good.

Gopher cheerleaders are hotter than Florida State cheerleaders.

Florida St just scored on an unbalanced line play. LT lined up wide right and the TE lined up where the LT normally would. Oklahoma didn’t realize the TE was an eligible receiver and it was an easy TD.

I don’t know why teams don’t try this more often. I feel like we did once in awhile under Kill.

This is a good game.

OU/FSU isn't quite as wild as Arkansas/KU, but it's not as ragged. Lots of speed on both sides.

Speaking of speed, how many tabs does Venables take before the game?

Was the Texas kicker an understudy to the lead character in a Broadway production of "Annie?"

Every time I watch Washington, I think Bryce Williams is their RB. Same size and build. Similar running style. Same number. Taulapapa is clearly better but they look so similar.

Interesting (non) targeting call NCSt and Maryland. Md Defender led with the crown, but offensive player did as well, and actually did before the defender did.

Defender flagged but then reversed by review with no explanation. Announcers were apoplectic and unable to understand. It appeared the refs were stymied by the call. Under rule, they likely would have had to eject both players. So they punted.

If the announcers had actually watched the review without talking, they may have figured it out. But, as we well know, These guys just don’t understand the rules.

Purdue will get stomped by LSU. I don't see OSU beating Georgia. Other than that, I wouldn't be all that surprised with a sweep in the remaining games.
Yeah the Purdue one will be ugly. OSU will have a punchers chance if it gets into a track meet, but agree that I think Georgia wins it (and the whole thing)

Man, UCLA really pissed that one away. Allowed Pitt to get into FG range in just :24 with no timeouts. On the last offensive play for Pitt their QB scrambled for about 12 yards. Two UCLA defenders made piss poor attempts at tackling him. If they do, he doesn’t get a first down and it’s questionable if Pitt has enough time to get lined up to spike the ball.

Top Bottom