2022-2023 Other Bowl Games Thread

Kansas/Arkansas has been crazy.....good bridge to the second half of NC/Oregon.... :)

That targeting call was wild.
Ballsy call, but it looked like he was planning on going helmet-to-helmet but missed a bit but was still close enough for the call. I wonder if Daniels would have reached the end zone in any event.

But lastly, what the heck was that last play call by Kansas?

Wow...I get that you are scraping the bottom of the barrell for plays but how do you take the ball out of your QBs hand and have someone else attempt that last throw?

But lastly, what the heck was that last play call by Kansas?
With you on that one. You don't take the ball out of Daniels hand there if you are going to throw it. I mean that throw wasn't even close to having a chance

With you on that one. You don't take the ball out of Daniels hand there if you are going to throw it. I mean that throw wasn't even close to having a chance
There was a back wide open just over the goal line. I assumed the throw would go there.

Wow...I get that you are scraping the bottom of the barrell for plays but how do you take the ball out of your QBs hand and have someone else attempt that last throw?

Just a brutal call. Your offense has scored four straight TDs and you opt for a gimmick.

There was a back wide open just over the goal line. I assumed the throw would go there.
Would have been a better choice then chucking it into the stands. I mean he didn't even try to force a throw somewhere, it wasn't even close to catchable.

He needs one more year of college before he is NFL eligible. So he will either take the NIL money somewhere else or he will be under center for North Carolina.
I was referring to Bucky not Maye

I’m not a bowl historian but the Holiday Bowl seems to have some of the wildest games. Oregon clanks in an extra point to take the lead in last 20 seconds.

Another great game. And if you like to mix in some hoops, Timberwolves-Pelicans was just as good as the bowls. Just a fantastic night of sports.

I really wish the Big Ten had continued with the Holiday Bowl. Perfect city to travel to, or if watching on TV you get a game treated like a big event by a network. Plus 2016 there is one of my favorite Gopher games.

SIAP: K Thomas and Emilien both get TDs.

Ky with 1rec/rush each and a decent long catch.

Emilien with 1 TD catch

He had like 11 yards on 10 carries. Aside from a TD he was pretty bad.
Was flipping back and forth, so I didn't see a lot of him, but he seems to lack an explosive first step.

Nice night for Irving (I finally got it right). I get why he transferred, but I would have loved to have seen an Ibrahim/Irving thunder-and-lightning combo.

Was flipping back and forth, so I didn't see a lot of him, but he seems to lack an explosive first step.

Nice night for Irving (I finally got it right). I get why he transferred, but I would have loved to have seen an Ibrahim/Irving thunder-and-lightning combo.
Thomas is an OK back. Irving is a very good back. Agreed on the first step.

He needs one more year of college before he is NFL eligible. So he will either take the NIL money somewhere else or he will be under center for North Carolina.
I think he has said multiple times already that those "rumors" were all false and that he was never leaving UNC.

(Ah huh, sure they were false ....)

Players under pressure -- from other players -- not to kill the sweet, sweet gravy train of NIL inducements/tampering. So I don't believe him for a second that the offers (backdoor as they may have been) were never made.

That's also why coaches aren't naming names. But Narduzzi and Mack aren't lying.

Top Bottom