2022-2023 Other Bowl Games Thread

Ryan Day on Gameday. He needs to lose the Grecian Formula. The pitch black beard on old face isn't a good look.

I don't care if the Big Ten is doing well in the bowls so far. Booo Iowa.

What a horrible decision to throw that by Kansas St. Guy in the flat was wide open.

Could’ve been us.

60 deg in Nashville. Beating up a mid-level SEC program.

Nursing a hangover from an epic Friday night, win a bowl game, great dinner, then a hell of a NYE night out.

All that had to happen was the pass breakup doesn’t perfectly bounce up into the Iowa guy’s hands.

Mo would’ve smashed it in, we win.

Should’ve been us.

*sigh*

The ESPN announcing crew went from pimping Kentucky’s 4 star freshman QB early on to discussing who a QB incoming in the portal after a really bad pick six. LOL

4th and 4 in range for about a 35 yard field goal, K State goes for it, and gets the first. Ballsy.

4th and 4 in range for about a 35 yard field goal, K State goes for it, and gets the first. Ballsy.

And then they go for it again at the two and miss. Three fourth downs on this drive. Sometimes you press your luck a little TOO far.

Seeing Kentucky’s 4 star dual threat versus our 4 star dual threat makes me appreciate Kaliakmanis even more. This Kentucky QB has a scattershot arm on medium to deep ypa 3.6 today, can’t teach accuracy.

Another horrible throw and pick six LOL

Iowa single-handedly going to give this kid the yips.

Man, Iowa is just kicking their butts now. Total domination defensively and special teams.

What the fuck is Kentucky doing throwing the ball there?

Iowa has almost blocked 2 or 3 punts. They call a TO with 11 seconds to go, maybe see if they can do it here.

Feel bad for over bettors in the Iowa/Kentucky game. First half was only 16 points. Should have easily gone under. lol.

As a Houston Texans season ticket holder, dear God we need to draft Bryce Young. He is special.

And then they go for it again at the two and miss. Three fourth downs on this drive. Sometimes you press your luck a little TOO far.
Not going to beat Bama kicking FG’s

What else are they suppose to do —they can’t run it against Iowa’s defense
On a 3rd and ten at your ten with under 2 min to go, you run the ball and try get to halftime, especially with a freshman qb with horrible accuracy who’s getting hit every play

Curious onside choice there. If they don’t score here, probably over

I don't like the play call at all. They weren't fooling anyone with that play. Everyone knew they weren't going to run it there. One man route to the flat isn't going to get it done.

Then K-St calls a TO on Alabama's first play after that. Bama gets more time and drives for a TD.

Coaches not helping at all with their decisions. Now it's gonna turn into a blowout.

I don't like the play call at all. They weren't fooling anyone with that play. Everyone knew they weren't going to run it there. One man route to the flat isn't going to get it done.

Then K-St calls a TO on Alabama's first play after that. Bama gets more time and drives for a TD.

Coaches not helping at all with their decisions. Now it's gonna turn into a blowout.
Agree. Game seems a little too big for klieman today

So wife and I are in South Padre Island for the New Years. We go to Kelly's Irish Bar today for lunch and get dirty looks as we walk in. I didn't realize it then, but I was wearing a Gopher shirt. So anyway, we're getting a beer, perusing the games and Iowa scores a second defensive touchdown to go up 21-0. The three tables around us explode clapping. I'm like WTF. Can't get away from them.

Owner comes over and tells me he has a brother in Wayzata, vacations every year in MN for the summer and was happy to see us beat Syracuse. At least some sanity today...

Top Bottom